Soojung

Along came You. (Hiatus)

As always, Suzy was at it again. My skirt got ripped off yesterday, it was glued to my chair. How stupid of me not noticing the glue on my chair. Very smart. Damn. They were all laughing at me. Heck, even our teacher was laughing at me. The only person in the room who wasn't laughing was Sungyeol. Instead of laughing, he stood up, took off his jacket and tied it to my waist.

It was kinda sweet but the whole room was still laughing at me. They all were silenced when Sungyeol said something and well I think it was something that made a big impact to their heads. After his little speech, he gathered all of our stuff and went outside the classroom. He held my hand as we went out of the room and we went to my locker to get my stuff and we went to his. How did he knew my locker combination?

He took me home and I was shocked that he knows my house. His he stalking me? I asked that question to him and he just laughed and smiled. He told me that he lives nearby and saw me last week. I just nodded, I was about to enter our house when I asked if he wanted to come inside, he just his head and waved good bye and went off. I saw his retreating back and I just sighed and entered our house.

I saw Sooyeon unnie watching TV at our Living room. She notices me and looked back, "Yah, what happened to you? Why so early?" She asked. She looked back at the TV. She then turn her head back to me, "Yah. I'm waiting for an answer." She said. "Soojung?" she said again, "Soojung?" this time she stood up and stand in front of me, "SOOJUNG-AH!" She shouted. And all my answer was a soft whisper of yes. 

"Are you okay? Why did you come home so early?" She asked me while checking if I was really okay. She stopped in the middle of my body and saw the jacket that was tied to my waist. She looked at me straight in the eyes and ask if my period showed. I shook my head no. I looked down and lift the back of the jacket and faced to Sooyeon unnie.

"Omo. What happened?!" She shouted. "Why is your skirt ripped off?!" She continued. "Soojung-ah! You got bullied again?!" She shook me, I still didn't give any answers. "Yah! Answer me!" She shouted once more. She shook me and shook me until I forcibly collapse on the floor. I covered my face with my hands and cried. 

Sooyeon unnie bent down and hugged me, "Yah, don't cry. It's okay. No one's gonna bully you here." She said as she brushes my hair with her fingers. "Soojung-ah. It's okay. Please stop crying. Please." And with those words, I remembered Sungyeol. I just sighed and stood up with the help of Sooyeon unnie. She led me to the kitchen and made some tea for me. "Yah, that btch Suzy did this to you, right?" I just nodded. "Tsk."

After she made tea, she starts to interrogate me.. "So what happened? How did she ripped your skirt?" she said as she sipped on her tea. "She puts glue on my chair." I said. She spits her tea and looked at me. "WHAT?! AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE?!" she stood up. "I THOUGHT YOU WERE SMART?!" and  continued shouting at me. "Mianhaeyo Unnie." Tears started to build on my eyes. I sniffed and tears started to fall across my face.

"Soojung.. Mianhaeyo.. I didn't mean to make you cry." She approached me and hugged me. "I just.. I'm just angry at you. Mianhae." She my hair and kissed my forehead. "Yah" she said "Stop crying." she looked at me and wipes the tear in my cheeks. "Next time that btch bullies you again, fight back.. Okay?" I just nodded. "Go and rest. I have to go to work." she said.

I stood up and was about to exit the kitchen when Unnie spoke, "By the way, who's Lee Sungyeol?" I froze and looked at Sungyeol's jacket. His name plate. I smiled at unnie and went out of the kitchen.

When I was in my room, I crashed on my bed and slept.

'Soojung-ah' what. I can hear Appa's voice.

'Soojung-ah' I'm shaking. Appa..

'Yah Jung Soojung.. wake up' As I heard him say wake up, automatically my eyes opened. 

I saw Appa smiling at me.

"Annyeong Soojung-ah!" He said cheerfully. "Come on, dinner is ready." I groaned. "Yah, get up!" He shouted and I groaned again.

"Soojung-ah, do you want me to carry you downstairs?" He asked and I shook my head no. "Then get up. Now." He said. 

"Appa, I'm still sleepy. Let me sleep. Please?" I said. 

"Ani. Come on Soojung, I'm hungry. Plus I made dinner extra special." He said "Please Soojung, Appa's hungry." This time, his the who's pleading.

Since I love my Appa, I stood up and was about to followed him to the stairs when he stopped. "Soojung-ah, your Unnie said that you went home early." he looked at me "Wae?"

I looked at the jacket that was tied to my waist, "Ahh... My period showed and ahh.. my skirt.. You know the rest Appa." I said and he nodded. He looked at the jacket, "So I have to go home." He nodded again and scratch his chin. "I see." I nodded and smiled.

"So.." he said, "Care to tell me who is Lee Sungyeol?" he said and I froze. Sungyeol?

Appa looked at me and points at the jacket tied to my waist. I looked at it and saw Sungyeol's name plate. OMO!

"Ahh.." I looked at Appa. "His the owner of the jacket. He kinda lend it to me because.. Uhhh.. You know.. My period and all.." I smiled and scratch the back of my neck.

He just nodded and we went down to dining room. And to my surprise. I saw Umma smiling at me when I entered the dining room.

My parents never talked anymore after they got divorced. It's so sad that my family isn't complete anymore. Let's just not talk about it anymore.

 

I walked over to Umma and hugged her, "Umma! I missed you!" I kissed her cheek and hugged her tighter. "Umma I missed you, I really really missed you!" She hugged me and kissed my cheek too. "I missed you too, Soojung-ah!"

I saw Unnie walked to us and hugged us both, "Uwaaa. I missed the old days." As she mentioned the old days, I heard Appa coughed and looked at our direction. "I'm hungry, can we please eat?" I heard Umma giggle and nodded.

We went to our usual places, Umma faces Appa while I face Unnie. I smiled, it's like were a real family again. 

Out of the blue, I asked what was the occasion. Unnie smiled at me and said, "I'm on a cover of a fashion magazine Soojung!" She said with a jolly expression. I smiled and stood up to hug her.

"Unnie! That's great!" I hugged her tighter. Umma stood up and hugged her too and Appa stood up and joined us. "That's great Sooyeon! I have a Daughter who is smart and now, I have a Daugther who is a model." Appa said. I smiled at him and he winked.

"Yunho's right." Umma said and smiled.

"Okay. Let's stop the hug fest and eat. I'm still hungry." Unnie said and we all went back to our places.

After dinner, Umma and Appa did the dishes. Me and Unnie stayed in the Living Room. I asked her if she told Appa anything she only shook her head. It's a good thing that I can trust her. I smiled and thank her for not telling Appa anything.

Umma and Appa went to the Living Room with smiles on their faces. I coughed and smiled at them. "I smell something fishy." I whispered to Unnie and she  nodded, "Me too." And we laughed.

"Yah. What's with the whispering and laughing all about?" Appa asked. Unnie and I just shook our heads and laughed again.

After the talking and laughing, Appa took Umma home and I went upstairs to sleep.

I was about to close my eyes when my phone vibrated. It's Sungyeol.

"Hello?"

'Soojung-ah.'

"Ne?"

'Good Night.'

I smiled. "Good Night too."

And the line went dead.

Sungyeol-ah.. I think I'm starting to like you.