Soojung

Along came You. (Hiatus)

First day of school. I'm in my Genie High uniform again. Yay! I missed wearing this uniform. Being in a coffe shop uniform . But, hey. I earned a lot of money.

Walking through the gates of Genie High, someone caught my eye. Two guys. The other one was really hot. Well, not literally hot. The other one, good boy material. But, he doesn't really look that good. They look like bad boys. Well, I don't know how to describe guys in a flirty way.
 
"Yah! Jung Soojung-ah!" as someone called my name I turned around and well, water hits my face and then, I heard laughter.
"Poor Soojung-ah. Welcome back to hell." I looked at her, Suzy. Damn that Btch. "Oh, I mean.. Welcome back to school, Soojung." She smiled like a demon. Well, she is a damn demon. Damn her.
 
"Yah. Soojung-ah, are you okay?" Sunggyu oppa asked, his my friend from Math club. "Ahhh, yeah. I'm okay." I answered him. "Yah, you're dripping wet. That Suzy shou..." He gets cut off when someone splashes water at him too.
 
"You guys look cute together. Both soaked in water." I heard Suzy comment again. All her bees laughed at us. Damn you Bae Suzy!
"Yah oppa, did you bring any extra clothing with you?" I asked Sunggyu oppa. He nods. "You?" He asked me. I nodded. "Well, let's get going neh?" We walked our way to the restrooms.
 
We parted our ways to go inside the restrooms to change into dry and water free uniforms. Good thing I trusted my instincts that Suzy will strike again on the first day school.
 
As I was finish, I headed to the classroom and to my relief, Suzy wasn't my classmate. So as her bees. 
 
English was my first subject.. My favorite subject. I sat at the back, as usual. I was beside the window. I looked outside. It's such a good weather. I smiled.
 
"Soojung!" I got cut off my trance when someone called my name. I looked around and saw Woohyun oppa.
 
Nam Woohyun. His my friend from Math Club too, like Sunggyu oppa.
 
I smiled at him and greeted him, "Annyeong oppa!"
"Yaaah! How was your vacation?" he asked me. My vacation?
I smiled at him again, "It was a bit tiring but at least I earned a lot of money."
Woohyun oppa laughed, "Working in a coffee shop is kinda tough neh? How much did you earn?" He asked.
"I don't know. I never really count my salary. I deposited it directly to the bank." I smiled.
"Good for you." He smiled as he stood up, "Yah, the teacher is already here. Better get going."
 
He went to his usual place. Unlike Woohyun oppa, his kinda popular because of his looks but he still choose to be with his Math club friends. But good thing for him, he doesn't get bullied like Sunggyu oppa.
 
The teacher stood in front of the class, she looks beautiful. She's the new teacher that everyone's been talking about. I think she's in her 20's like my Sooyeon unnie. 
 
She smiled and bowed in front of the class, "Good Morning everyone! I'm your new English teacher. My name is Choi Jina. I just recently transferred here at Genie High to pursue my teaching career." She smiled once again.
 
"I'll be checking your attend.." Miss Jina got cut off when someone knocked on the door.
 
I looked at the door and I think my heart skipped a beat. Kidding. It was those guys I saw at the school gate.
 
"Yes?" Miss Jina asked the two guys. And she suddenly gasped, "Oh! You two must be the transferees. Please come in and have a seat." She smiled at the two boys.
 
"Oh, I forgot to tell you all. I am also your Homeroom teacher." Miss Jina said as she was getting her list of our names. All the boys in our class cheered. For some reasons that I don't know.
 
She called us one by one and it was my turn to say 'Here!'. "Jung Soojung?" Miss Jina said my name. I raised my right hand and said, "Here!" She smiled at me and nodded.
 
"Kim Myungsoo?" She said as she looked around. 
 
I also looked around. The guy infront of me raised his hand up and said, "Here."
Miss Jina just smiled. "Lee Sungyeol?" she said another name and looked around the classroom.
 
"Lee Sungyeol?" she repeated the name again. No response.
"Lee Sungyeol?" she looked around the classroom once again.
 
"Okay then. No Lee Sun.." Miss Jina got cut off when someone shouted 'Here' all of a sudden.
 
Miss Jina looked around to find that 'Lee Sungyeol' kid. I also did the same.
To my surpise, his right next to me.
 
"Okay, Mr. Lee Sungyeol. Next time, please be alert." She smiled and did the roll call once again.
 
I looked at the Sungyeol kid, he looked at me. I smiled, he also smiled.
 
"I'm Sungyeol." he said as he took out his hand like he wants me to shake it.
"Soojung." I smiled too as I shook his hand.
 
After English class, even though we didn't discuss that much just that Miss Jina told us about the house rules inside the classroom.
 
I had Math next and hell begins there. Damn. I entered the classroom.
 
"Soojung!" I closed my eyes.
 
"Yah! Soojung! Why are closing your eyes?"
 
I looked around and saw that Suzy and her bees weren't inside the classroom.  I looked at my right and I saw Sungyeol smiling at me.
"Are you okay?" he asked me. I just nodded and smiled at him.
 
"It's a good thing were classmates in Math." He smiled once again. And for the nth time, I nodded.
"At least I know someone here." He smiled again. Why does this guy always smile? I smiled back. Wow. I've been smiling a lot today.
 
And there, I felt a connection between us. Maybe it's just my imagination..
 
Soojung and Sungyeol.