Sungyeol

Along came You. (Hiatus)

My first day at Genie High. I hope this year will be great. Unlike last year.. What a horrible experience. I don't want to talk about it anymore. The only person who knows what happened to me is Myungsoo. It's a good thing he agreed to transfer with me here at Genie High.

As we were waiting for Sunggyu hyung, our childhood friend who studies here at Genie High. Someone caught my eye. A girl. A beautiful girl. She's cute.

I think she noticed me staring at her. I looked away at a different direction. I pretended like I was talking to Myungsoo.

"Yah, what's wrong with you?" He asked me. "Just pretend like were talking." I answered him.

Suddenly, I heard some laughter. I saw the cute girl soaked in water. "Poor Soojung-ah" that's what I heard from the group of Girls. So Soojung is her name. I was about to help her when I saw Sunggyu hyung approach her.

Myungsoo saw him too, "Yah, is that Hyung?" He asked. I just nodded. Suddenly, Hyung got splashed  water in his face too.

I heard Myungsoo laugh at Sunggyun hyung, so I laughed with him too. 

I saw Hyung went to the restroom with that girl Soojung, me and Myungsoo followed him.

"Hyung!" I shouted to get his attention. He looked back and waved. As we approached him, we saw our old friends too. Woohyun, Sungjong, Hoya and Dongwoo. 

"Ayo guys! Good to see you two again!" Dongwoo hyung greeted me and Myungsoo. They all greeted us, telling us it was a great decision that me and Myungsoo transferred in Genie High.

"Yah, you guys go ahead to the Headmaster's office. Woohyun, you show them around." He waved at us and went inside the restroom.

"Yah, what happened to him? Why was he wet?" asked Sungjong.

"We saw him helped a girl named Soojung and then they splashed water at him too." I said. They all laughed. "Poor Hyung. He always gets bullied along with Soojung and Sungjong." Woohyun hyung said.

I threw him a questioning shot, "Sungjong and Hyung gets bullied? Why?" I asked.

"It's because the two of them are smart. The people who bullied them are just insecure." Woohyun hyung said as he patted Sungjong's shoulder. I smiled and patted him too.

The bell rang and we all went are separate ways. Woohyun hyung led the way to the Headmaster's office and left us there. That guy.

"Myungsoo, do you think I'll meet that Soojung girl again?" I asked Myungsoo.

"You're going to the same school, why are thinking that you'll never gonna meet her again." He looked at me with his blank face, "Besides, she might be our classmate." When Myungsoo said the word 'classmate' I literally jumped up and down.

"You think so?" I asked him. He just nodded.

After we got our schedules, we proceeded to our classroom. English was our first subject. I really hate English. 

Our teacher, Miss Jina was about to check the attendance. We knocked and she was surprised to see us.

"Oh! You must be the transferees. Please come in and have a seat." She smiled at us.

She starts calling our names, one by one. I kinda dozed off. 

"Lee Sungyeol?"
"Lee Sungyeol?"
"Lee Sungyeol?"
"Okay then. No Lee Sun.."

"Here!" I shouted and raised my hand. Good thing Myungsoo kicked my table.

"Okay. Mr. Lee Sungyeol. Next time, please be alert." She smiled at me and she began the roll call again.

I noticed that someone was staring at me, and to my surprise it was that Soojung girl.

She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"I'm Sungyeol." I took out my hand for her to shake.
"Soojung." So Soojung is really her name. She smiled at me and she shook my hand. Wow, her hand is so soft.

Miss Jina just discuss the house rules inside the classroom. After English, I have Math next. Another subject that I hate.

I went inside the classroom and to my surprise, Soojung was my classmate. Again. I feel like I'm in Cloud9. Okay, I have a tinsy winsy crush on Soojung. I can't help it. She's beautiful.

"Soojung!" I called her. But, she closed her eyes. Why?

"Yah! Soojung! Why are you closing your eyes?" I asked her. Then she opened her eyes and looked around the classroom.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She just nodded and she smiled at him. That smile.

"It's a good thing were classmates in Math." I smiled at her and she nodded.
"At least I know someone here." I smiled again at her and she nodded again.

And there, I felt a connection between us. Or maybe it's just me.

The teacher got inside the classroom and class starts on the first day of school.

The next few weeks was a buzz killer. The teachers were giving us to much homeworks. I didn't have much time to hang-out with my friends. Soojung is a big help since she always teaches me in Math, but only when it's class time. I really want her to be my tutor. If she's my tutor, I'll understand Math really well. But she's not my tutor. But it's a good thing she's my classmate in every subject. It's a blessing.

There was this one time in Math class, something happened to Soojung that was not really pleasant at all.

While I was busy 'taking down notes', I heard some girls in front of me whispering.

"Yah, did you already put the glue?" Girl 1. "Yeah. Let's just wait until she stands up." Girl 2. "Suzy is so gonna laugh so hard when she sees it." Girl 3.

What are these girls talking about? Glue? Standing up? Laugh? What the heck?

I looked at Soojung, she was really absorb in listening to the teacher. Well, maybe it's not her. Maybe they're talking about some other person.

I looked at the blackboard, our teacher asked someone to answer the problem at the board. I tried my best to impress Soojung so I raised my hand up. But our teacher called Soojung first.

"Soojung, answer the problem on the board." Our teacher said. 

I watched Soojung as she stood up from her chair and then I heard the sound of a cloth tearing up.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" Soojung shouted. I saw her skirt got ripped off and the extra cloths were glued to the chair.

I looked at Soojung and she was about to tear up.

I looked at the whole class, and they were laughing. And I saw Suzy laughed too.

"Oh my gosh! Poor Soojung!" The girls in front of me laughed at her.

"What a clutz!" I heard Minho commented at Soojung.

What the heck? That's not good. That's bullying. I can't believe this, even the teacher is laughing.

I took off my jacket and stood up, I approached Soojung and tied my jacket around her waist.

"There." I said and I smiled at her. "Don't worry, it's not gonna show anymore." I looked at the whole class and then I looked at Suzy. "You're such a btch Bae Suzy." I said. And I went out of the classroom with Soojung beside.

I heard her soft sobs, "Soojung, it's okay." I hugged her. Her scent is so intoxicating.

"Why.. Why.. Why me?" Soojung said. "Of all people, why me?" She said once again.

"Suzy is just insecure. That's why she did it." I told her. "Soojung, it's okay. I'm here for you."

She looked up at me, with those teary eyes,  trembling lips... It makes my heart melt.

"Sungyeol, thank you. Thank you.." She said and cried again.

I think.. I'm starting to like you Jung Soojung. 

 


A/N: It's just the same with Soojung's POV. :)) Please bear with it for awhile. :)