Recovery

One Hundred Times.

The disembodied voice rang through the room, and Kibum couldn't move. He was paralyzed in fear, the sound of his own breath barely audible.

"Kibum, where are you.."

He heard glass fall onto the floor and shatter into pieces.

"Stop hiding from me you brat! Where the are you?!" 

"J-Jjong.." Kibum whispered in a shaky voice, still locked in the bathroom.

All the frightened boy could hear on the other end of the line was panting, and sentences filled with "" and "Kibum".

And then he heard a familiar male scream, and the sickening sound of metal hitting a very hard object. The sound repeated itself, and Kibum found himself dropping the phone. It suddenly stopped, and the other heard a thud.

", why did this er have to come?!" 

That wasn't Jonghyun speaking..so did that mean..

Kibum's eyes widened, tears running down his cheeks. "Jjong.."

"Kibum, I'll find you next time.." the voice whispered, and the boy heard footsteps run out of his room.

The frightened one slowly creaked the door open, his heart skipping a beat when he saw Jonghyun lying on the floor, a pool of blood near his stomach.

"Jonghyun!!" Kibum screamed, rushing to the other. The boy opened his eyes.

"I'm ok, he didn't hit me in the h-head.." 

"You're not ok at all, I'm calling a doctor right now."


And like that, they were in a different hospital room, surrounded by shaken up doctors and nurses. Jonghyun was lying on the bed, unconcious.

A police officer walked in, and his eyes stopped on Kibum.

"You're coming with me."

"W-Why..I swear to god I didn't do anything."

"You're the only one who survived the accident with no injuries. This boy here is lucky to have had damage to his stomach, rather than his brain. Two other people died in this accident." 

Kibum nodded, and followed the officer.

"Ok, tell me all you know."

"Well, it was around 2:00 and I heard a scream and a thud. Then there was another scream, and another thud. I was very scared, so I locked my door. I called Jonghyun when I heard the man call my name. It was on speaker for a few seconds, so the man heard. He started banging on my door so I ran to the bathroom. He opened the door and then Jonghyun came in..I guess that's when he beat him up and ran away."

"What's your name?"

"Kim Kibum."

"Age?"

"16."

"Parents..?"

"They're dead. I have severe short term memory loss so I'm not sure what exactly happened, but my nurse told me they died in a car accident."

"Hmm..was there another car in that accident?"

"I'm really not sure."

"Alright, we'll look further into that. How was the man's voice?"

"Deep and rough..he was carrying a metal object in his hand."

"Alright, thank you for your information Kibum." the other said, writing down sloppy notes on a notecard.


Kibum entered the hospital room once more to find Jonghyun's mother sitting next to the bed.

"Hello, I'm Kim Kibum."

The mother looked at him with sad eyes.

"Hi Kibum. I'm Jonghyun's mom. Sit."

Kibum nodded, hesitantly grabbing a chair and pulling it next to the bed.

"So, I heard an unknown man beat him up with a metal stick? In your room? May I ask why Jonghyun was there in the first place?"

"I-I heard the man come into my room so my first instinct was the call Jjong. I know I should have called the police but I was just mortified. I couldn't move properly, let alone think. I'm really sorry." Kibum said with a bow.

"Kibum, you have no reason to be sorry. But just remember next time that call the police before anyone else. You're old enough to know that." Jonghyun's mom responded, patting the other's back lightly.

Kibum gave her a grateful smile, guilt still churning in his stomach. "Thanks."


The next day, Jonghyun was in much better shape. He was awake, but the IV drip was still present in his arm. He couldn't eat. The police however, were still on the case. On the day of the incident, surprisingly one of Kibum's doctor's and another of his nurses had died. The surprising thing was, they were specifically Kibum's doctor and Kibum's nurse. Also, the man was last in Kibum's room. This could only point to one thing. The man was fragmenting Kibum for sure.

The police planted a few bodyguards around Kibum at all times, and asked Kibum to report anything suspicious. Kibum just nodded, his eyes fixed on Jonghyun's smiling face.

"I'm really, really sorry Jjong." Kibum whispered, taking the other's hand in his.

Jonghyun just sighed. "It's okay. I was really, really worried though. You almost gave me a heart attack. Be careful, please."

"I love you." Kibum whispered.

The other felt his heart drop. You won't be saying that after a few days. "I love you too."


I UPDATED <3333 It's short though, sorry :) Next chapter will be long.

Wow. So much has happened in the months I haven't updated. I've become a full fledged EXOtic and have taken great liking to Infinite :P I suffered from depression during the beginning of the school year, but I'm feeling much happier nowadays. I voted like crazy for SHINee and was so extremely happy and proud when they one Best Artist of the Year. I'm still obsessed with Running Man, and I've started to watch Queen In Hyun's Man :) And I've missed ya'll soooooo much!! I'm so happy to be writing again. If you want, you can check out my Kaisoo story called Winter Love. 

Forever and always, comments are always appreciated <3

I'm sorry and thanks for sticking with the story :)