Birthday presents.

One Hundred Times.

Jonghyun stumbled into the hospital the next early morning, his eyes still not fully open. He went up to Kibum's room, his stomach twisted into knots. He was praying that Kibum didn't lose his memory again today.

And in all the happenings of daily life, he forgot it was the day he was turning 19. Almost legal. Almost.

He lightly knocked twice on Kibum's door and opened it. Kibum was still in a deep slumber, his head resting on his hands.

Jonghyun sighed and kept his guitar case next to the bed. He pulled up a stool next to the sleeping boy and simply observed.

Brown hair messy and unmade, lips curved into a soft smile, breathing deeply, and light spilling on his face Kibum looked like a sleeping angel.

Jonghyun waited for a few minutes when he started to get jittery. Why did he have to come this early when Kibum wasn't even awake? He reached out to brush some hair out of the younger boy's eyes and smiled when he saw the other's nose twitch.

"Excuse Mr. Kim?" a voice whispered from outside the door. Jonghyun turned around to see a nurse walking in with a clipboard.

"I have to wake him up now.." she said and bowed.

"Sure." Jonghyun moved away from the boy.

The nurse gently shook the sleeping younger until he let out a soft groan.

"Huh..?" Kibum said groggily, rubbing his eyes. He looked up at the nurse with confused eyes.

"Wake up Kibum ssi.."

Kibum scanned the room, blinking repeatedly. His eyes fell on Jonghyun and he smiled.

"Jonghyun hyung.." he muttered.

Jonghyun felt the knots in his stomach untie as relief fell over him.

"K-Kibum..hi." he said, smiling as well.

"We have to take the regular tests." the nurse said, beaming down at the younger.


After the tests were finished the nurse left a sleepy Kibum with Jonghyun.

"Why did you come so early?"

"I just wanted to see you."

A light tinge of pink dusted over the younger boys cheeks.

"I'll go shower..or something." Kibum said, throwing the covers off of him and staggering into the bathroom. Jonghyun smiled fondly, following the younger into the room.

"I'm taking a shower go awayyy.." Kibum complained, trying to push the other out of the cramped place.

"I just want to ask you what you want to eat for breakfast.." Jonghyun said, grabbing onto the other's arms.

"I-I want pancakes. Now gooo awayyyy.." 

Jonghyun nodded, placing a kiss on the other's cheek before leaving. He heard Kibum let air out of his cheeks with a small "ya!", but suppressed the urge to turn around.


He brought a plate of steaming pancakes from the cafeteria just as Kibum stepped out of the bathroom, orange and soapy smells filling the room.

"You smell nice.."

Kibum bit his lip. "You really have no shame."

"Where did you learn that word from Kibummie?"

"Well a nurse came in yesterday night and she was talking to herself about someone without any shame."

"Ahh..I see."

"Oh pancakes!" Kibum said, jumping slightly as he ran over to where Jonghyun was sitting.

Jonghyun moved the plate away from Kibum's reach.

"Heyyy..." Kibum whined.

Jonghyun pointed to his cheek. "First." 

Kibum turned scarlet as always.

'Fine."

He pecked Jonghyun's cheek lightly when the door opened.

"Woah..hyung.." 

A boy stood there with somewhat short brown hair, his eyes bright and big and confused look on his face.

"Tae!" Jonghyun exclaimed "What are you doing here?"

"I can ask you the same question..why was he kissing you?" Taemin pointed to Kibum.

Kibum stared at the other with wide eyes, confused.

"He's just my patient..the one I'm taking care of."

"Hi..Tae?" Kibum said.

"Taemin, please. Only Jonghyun hyung calls me Tae. I won't have any stranger call me by that name."

"Oh.."

"Sit. Let's talk." Jonghyun said, and patted a cushion on next to him. Kibum scooted over to make a spot for the other.

Taemin smiled and plopped down on the couch.

"Is he your brother?" Kibum asked Jonghyun.

"Brother?! Pffft.." Taemin snickered.

"Sorry.." Kibum whispered.

"How can you call me his brother?!" Taemin said, shrieking with laughter.

"I didn't call you his brother..I just asked.." Kibum said softly, looking down.

"Hey Taemin--"

"No hyung. Ok, first of all, Mr.Kibum, let me tell you this. Me and Jonghyun are best friends. Forever. So don't you dare call me his brother, I'm more like his lover."

"Taemin what are you--"

"Next, I really don't like being fired up and angry like this, so it's better if you leave me and Jonghyun alone to talk. Or just shut up."

"Lee Taemin!" Jonghyun scolded, eyes burning.

By now Kibum had tears in his eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't know he was so sensitive."

"Taemin come here." Jonghyun said, grabbing his wrist and pulling him out of the room.

Kibum sighed, wiping his tears.

Why am I such a baby?


Jonghyun pulled Taemin out of the room.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

"I'm sorry hyung I didn't mean it in a mean way.."

"I know you didn't mean it. But Kibum is really sensitive. Please refrain from talking like that."

"I got it hyung..but how can he call me your brother?!" 

"Well..we're like best friends so.."

"Best friends are lovers, right?!" Taemin said, taking a step closer to Jonghyun.

"Taemin..?"

"We're so similar, we like the same things, we're a match made in heaven. Even better, we're best friends." he whispered.

Taemin stepped even closer till their noses were two centimeters apart.

"Taemin, no." Jonghyun breathed out.

"Why can't you date me?" he softly said.

"Stop this is ridicu--"

Taemin kissed him. Then and there. 

The only problem was, Kibum was watching.

"Yah Lee Taemin! What're you doing?!" Jonghyun whispered.

"Just kidding.." the younger said, sticking out his tongue.


As soon as he saw the kiss Kibum ran back into the room, plopping onto the couch.

He frowned.

Are they lovers? 

The next second, the two walked in, Jonghyun face beat red and Taemin with a triumphant smile spread across his features.

"Just clearing some things up, sorry Kibum ssi." Taemin said, sitting back down on the couch.

"Yeah.." Kibum said, his eyes showing no sadness.

"Oh right, happy birthday Jonghyun hyung!" Taemin squealed, enveloping the other in a warm embrace.

Kibum froze.

"It's your birthday?" he asked in a small voice.

"Wow you don't even know--"

"Yeah. It is.." Jonghyun said.

"Oh..well happy birthday." Kibum said and got up. He awkwardly put his arms around the other's shoulders, and was surprised to feel the thudding of the other's heart against his chest.

Must be Taemin.

"So you guys really are lovers now, congratulations!" Kibum said, a sad edge to his voice.

"Eh? Since when.." Jonghyun said, his eyes widening.

"Don't try to trick me! I'm too smart for you. I saw you guys umm...you know..outside.."

"Oh, us kissing?" Taemin said.

"Y-Yeah."

"Woah woah woah..since when were we lovers.." Jonghyun said, his stomach once again tying knots.

"We kissed, eh yeobo?"

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows.

"No that's not it.."

"It's ok, just admit. Don't be shy.." Kibum said and forcefully smiled.

Taemin pulled Jonghyun down onto the couch.

"So what did you get for your birthday?" he asked.

Jonghyun sighed.

"Nothing, a hug from someone special and one or two phone calls."

"Someone special?" Kibum asked. Me?

"Me of course!" Taemin said, smiling. 

"Oh, right."

"I got you even a better present!"

"What is it?"

"One sec." Taemin said and jumped off the couch. He ran outside.

"Kibum." Jonghyun started, moving a bit closer to the other and inhaling his alluring scent.

"I just wanted to tell you--"

"I'm back hyung!" Taemin interrupted, and Jonghyun moved back to his original spot.

He held a baby blue colored box with a white ribbon wrapped around it. The box moved a little.

"May I present to you.." Taemin said, putting the box on the ground.

"A new puppy!!!" he said, and opened the box. Out came a small puppy with white fur. The animal scurried towards Jonghyun and the elder picked it up in delight.

"Wow Taemin!" Jonghyun said, his eyes lighting up with a whole new emotion.

He was truly happy, Kibum realized. Not like when he was with Kibum.

"Do you like it?!" Taemin asked, with a huge smile on his face.

"I love it!" 

"Let's go take it for a walk!" Taemin said. Jonghyun nodded, and started to walk out the door. He stopped.

"Kibum?" he asked, inviting with a welcoming smile.

"It's ok.." Kibum said, wanting to leave the two males in peace.

"K."

They walked out and the door slammed shut. Kibum sighed.

He waited, one minute turned into 10, 10 turned into 20. 

"What are they doing?" he whined to himself, his legs still crossed on the couch. The door suddenly opened and the two walked in, smiling and laughing.

"Hi Jonghyun hyung." he said in a soft voice.

"Hey, what's up? Why do you sound so..out of it?"

"Nothing.."

Just then Taemin's phone rang, and the familiar melody of Gee rang throughout the room. 

"Excuse me." he said and stepped out.

Jonghyun stared at Kibum for a long time. Enough to make Kibum feel uncomfortable.

"Whaddya want?" Kibum asked, eyes flickering to the ground and Jonghyun.

Jonghyun bit a nonexistent object in his mouth.

"Nothing."

"Hyung! I have to leave now!" Taemin said, his head popping in the doorway.

"Bye Taemin! Thanks so much for the amazing present!" 

"No problem! Bye Kibum ssi!"

"Bye." Kibum said shortly.


"What's wrong with you?" Jonghyun asked the younger, who was now sitting on his bed and avoiding Jonghyun.

"Congratulations."

"Eh?"

"You're relationship with Taemin. Congratulations." 

Jonghyun sighed. "We're are not in a relationship. God dammit."

"Hyung, you cursed." Kibum said, his eyes wide.

"I don't care!" Jonghyun said, his eyes burning with passion.

"But..."

"Kibum, do  you really think I'm in a relationship with that guy?!" he said, his volume rising.

"H-Hyung..well I mean...I saw you two--"

"He was joking for god's sake!" 

"But--"

"Shut up!" Jonghyun screamed, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm done. Done. Enough Kibum. Stop pretending you don't know." Jonghyun whispered

And with that, the elder walked over and grabbed the other's collar, pulling him into a fierce kiss. The younger squeaked in surprise, but Jonghyun's grip remained as strong as ever. The elders arms wrapped around Kibum's waist, pulling him even closer. The younger towered over Jonghyun a bit, making him bend down slightly.

"Y-Yah!" Kibum said when Jonghyun broke the kiss.

"I'm just ing frustrated!" 

Kibum's eyes filled with tears, his childish emotions getting to him. "S-Sorry.." he sobbed.

"You make me so angry. So confused. I just don't know what to do with you." Jonghyun breathed out, capturing the other's lips once more.

Kibum let out a softer mewl as he felt the other's tongue slip into his mouth. His small hands cupped the other's face as the kiss turned more passionate and his lips started to burn with desire.

"You drive me crazy." 

Kibum blushed at those words, biting his lip.

"Do you finally get it?"

"Well.."

"I love you."

"I--" Jonghyun placed another kiss on his bow shaped lips.

"I love you so much."

"Hyung.."

"Yeah?"

"I think me..too."

Jonghyun's eyes swelled with a ecstatic emotion.

"Really?!"

Kibum nodded, shy eyes looking anywhere but Jonghyun.

Another kiss. A few more words. Another kiss. More words.

It was perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~

Fluffy chapter filled with fluff and stuff. Don't get me wrong, Tae is my bias in SHINee. But I was bored of always seeing the kid in innocent and childlike roles, so I decided to make a sassy, annoying Taemin. Heehee :P

 

Comments are always appreciated <3