Nightmare

One Hundred Times.

The moonlight shone on Jonghyun's face as he started to walk out of Kibum's room that night. He had had such a wonderful day today, just sitting and talking with the one he loved. It was a perfect birthday.

He had tucked the other in bed, praying to god that tomorrow Kibum's memory would still be intact.

A small ruffle was heard from the bed, and Jonghyun heard a groan. His head whipped around.

"Kibum?"

Silence.

Jonghyun carefully walked over to the bed, pulling the others covers down. Kibum's face was filled with pain, his eyes clenched tight and beads of sweat running across his pale forehead.

"Do you have a fever?!" Jonghyun asked, putting his hand to the other's head.

And then he realized.

"Hey Kibum..hey, hey..you can't leave like this. You've got to remember me. Hey, Kibum!" he whispered frantically. He shook the other gently, but the patient didn't budge. 

"Ah.!" the other groaned, his face in his hands.  

And then he stopped moving. His face returned to a normal state, hands going back to his sides. Jonghyun grabbed a hand, intertwining their fingers.

"Kibum..please.."

The other had fallen asleep.

"Yah Kim Kibum!" Jonghyun whispered loudly, shaking the other awake.

"What the is your problem? Get away from me! Who are you?!" Kibum said, ruffling his hair. His beautiful face was tainted with a frown.

"..."

"Why did you wake me up? Do you know how late it is? Just go back to sleep bastard!"

Jonghyun's mouth opened and closed again.

"Don't stare at me like a dying fish. Get out for 's sake!"

"Well don't have to be so harsh about it. You're ruining your gorgeous face with all the frowns your giving me."

"Who the hell are you anyway? Go away. I don't like in strangers wandering in my room in the middle of the night, even if they are handsome!" Kibum spat out. His face turned beet red after realizing what he just said.

"Sure." Jonghyun said and walked out.

y Kibum.

He could surely get used to this.


The next morning the volunteer walked in to find Kibum up with a nurse taking his blood pressure.

"Hey Kibum."

The patient glared at him. "You're the weird person from last night. What the hell do you want?"

"My name is Jonghyun."

Kibum rolled his eyes. "I asked you, what the hell do you want?!" he said a little louder.

The nurse slowly walked out of the door, a bit surprised.

"Do you really not remember be?"

Kibum sighed, plopping back in his bed. He pulled the blanket over his head and turned the other way. Jonghyun laughed loudly.

"You're acting like a baby now..Kibummie" Jonghyun teased. The patient sat up, fire in his eyes.

"Go away Jongwhateveryournameis! Just ing leave me alone!!"

"I can't."

Kibum stared at him, confusion written over his face.

"W-Why?"

"I am a volunteer here for community service."

"So I'm just community service for you?!" Kibum almost screamed, his small hands balled up in furious fists. He immediately regretted it though, Jonghyun looked hurt.

"Of course not." Jonghyun whispered.

Kibum opened his mouth, trying to say something.

"What?" Jonghyun asked.

"S-So..rr..y" Kibum said, trailing off at the end of the word.

"Huh?" Jonghyun inquired, even though he had heard what the other said.

"Sorry!" Kibum forced out, closing his eyes.

Jonghyun chuckled, getting up from his seat.

"No need to be." he said and embraced the other in a warm hug.

"Y-Yah!" Kibum said, pushing the elder away.

"Merong." Jonghyun said, sticking his tongue out.

They sat in silence for a full minute before Kibum spoke up.

"H-How old are you?"

"I turned 19 yesterday."

"Happy late birthday.." the younger mumbled.

"You already wished me happy birthday yesterday Kibum."

The patients eyes widened. "B-But..I don't remember.."

Jonghyun just let out a smile.

"Don't joke with me Jonghyun!" Kibum spat, eyes narrowing suspiciously.

"Hey I'm not lying!"

Kibum sighed, but didn't press the subject further.


"Sooo Bummie Bum-Bum I'm going--"

"Don't call me that!" Kibum yelled, throwing his pillow at Jonghyun. 

"Ok Bum I'm going to leave now. Call me if you're in any trouble."

Kibum glared, shooting daggers into the others eyes.

"I won't need to." he said.

"Bye."

"Go."

Jonghyun was closing the door when he Kibum stopped him.

"Don't close it..I want some light."

"But be careful."

"I'm not a in baby just keep it open!"

"Fine. Jeez Bum."

With that, Jonghyun walked out. 


It was now 2 AM and Kibum couldn't sleep. He was paranoid, alert, for no reason. 

And then he heard it.

A bloodcurdling scream, and a thud. He froze in bed, his heart beating wildly in his chest. He knew that voice. It was his nurse.

Holy mother of god what the was that.

He heard the other doctor who was on call rushing down the hallway screaming the woman's name.

Another thud.

Kibum slowly took of his blankets and tiptoed towards the door. He closed it with a soft creak, and locked it. The dim moonlight shone ominously in the darkness of his room, and crickets chirped outside.

He heard something dragging across the floor, coming closer and closer to his room. The object hit his door, and Kibum covered his mouth from gasping out in fear.

His heart pounded in his chest, he could hear it clearly.

He slid down the wall next to the white door, his hand still on his mouth. He was sweating in all the places a human could sweat, and he felt some perspiration slide down his neck.

"Where are you.." a voice echoed through the hallways. The door next to his room slammed open with lots of force.

"Kibummmm.." the voice sang.

Kibum now had tears in his eyes. Why was the voice calling his name?! What the was this?!

"K-Kim Jonghyun.." Kibum whispered, running up to his phone.

"Jonghyun..Jonghyun..." he said, crying softly and typing in the numbers with shaky fingers.

Rrrrirngg..rrrrinngg..

. It was on speaker. . . . 

Banging was heard on his door, and Kibum swore he stopped breathing for a minute.


Jonghyun, on the other hand, was lying face down on his pillow, dreaming away. He had his phone on his bedside table, with his alarm on it.

The phone rang, and the default ringtone of the Samsung Smartphone ran through the room.

He jerked awake, his hand moving to the table. It was a call from Kibum.

"Hello?" he said, half-asleep.

"J-Jonghyun..save me." a voice whispered on the other side. Jonghyun's heart plummeted.

"Kibum what's wrong why are you crying?!" he said.

"There's someone..outside the door..banging..I don't know what's happening..." Jonghyun heard.

"B-Banging?!" Jonghyun said, and he could faintly make out the sound.

"Tell me the whole story."

"I can't Jonghyun! He's going to break in and k-kill me!" 

"Kim Kibum!" Jonghyun said, slipping on a coat and his slippers.

"J-Jonghyun..Jonghyun.." the voice said, sobbing.

"Just calm down, I'll be there in no time. Calm down. And stay on the line with me."

The banging grew louder as Jonghyun ran on to the street. He called a taxi over and started rushing towards the hospital.

"JONGHYUN! He's inside..inside..I'm hiding. I'm scared..I'm so so scared."

"Stay in hiding. Where are you?"

"B-Bathroom.."

"Lock the door and stay in there. Don't leave, got it?"

"H-hurry.."

In two minutes, Jonghyun reached the entrance of the hospital. All the lights were off.

"Thank you so much!"

"What about my money--"

But Jonghyun was already inside.


No, this is not a dream. And it shall be explained in the next chapter. Other than that, I hoped you liked y Kibum.

Comments are always appreciated <3

Tomorrow is my TaeMAN's birthday <33 love you forever you stupid idiot.