Order - Myungyeol

10 Memoirs of Me and You

"Order for L?" Sungyeol called out reading the name on the cup. Sungyeol had grown accustom to the strange names that accompanied orders at the coffee shop. It wasn't unusual to call out a Batman or PSY which broke out into a crazy rendition of a flash mob of Gangnam Style. But Sungyeol guessed that it was just a part of working on a coffee shop on a college campus. 
 
But it wasn't all bad. Sungyeol got to meet a lot of regulars to ended up being in classes with him since the coffee shop was in the sciences section. He has gotten to be pretty close with a male named Woohyun who was in the same program of study as Sungyeol. His co-worker Dongwoo was also pretty nice. His boyfriend Hoya would stop by and although Sungyeol found the same aged male pretty silent when it was just the two of them, around Dongwoo he lit up like a Christmas tree. 
 
"I'm L." A male said walking up to the counter. Sungyeol was taken aback by the male who watched Sungyeol not give him his drink. He had straight black hair and beautiful eyes. His features were narrow and strong and Sungyeol thought it stepped right out of a movie set with how amazing he looked in his black jacket and jeans. 
 
"-drink?" Sungyeol shook his head a little to try and focus, completely ignoring the words coming out of the other male's mouth. "What?" Sungyeol asks stupidly to the handsome male. "Isn't that my drink?" He repeats his question and Sungyeol nods and his arm extends to hand him the drink. 
 
"Thanks." L smiles and if Sungyeol wishes his vision could take a photograph he would have used it at this moment to capture the male's face. "E-Enjoy." Sungyeol cringes as his voice cracks and he hurries back to the coffee machine to clean it for more customers.  
 
"What was that?" Dongwoo asks, the laugh just about to bubble out of his chest taunts Sungyeol who is red in the face as he washes the pot from the coffee machine. "N-Nothing!" Sungyeol chokes out still not wanting to talk about his inability to talk with a customer. "If one where to guess, one would say you have a slight crush?" Dongwoo said watching over his red faced co-worker. "Shut up" 
 
"Who even is that guy?" Sungyeol grumbled as he watched "L" sit at an empty table. He was different from the other guests that normally visited the cafe. Most would come in and grab a coffee and then leave for class or home. Some other came in and sat for a few hours with friend or books and would study. Occasionally Woohyun would bring his new boy toy who Sungyeol was certain he liked because he seemed to have whipped his greasy friend into shape. 
 
But no one was like L, at least not to Sungyeol. L would enter around the same time each day, order the same drink, sit at the same table by the end of the cafe, the one where the sun would hit his face perfectly so Sungyeol could see his brown eyes sparkle in the sun, and would just sit and watch people walking by. Others had books that revolved around physics or anatomy, but L just had a bag.  
 
"Sungyeol, do you mind if I take off a little early? Hoya has a dance competition and I told him I would watch him." Dongwoo pleaded with the younger and promised him some of his pay and a coffee on him. Of course Sungyeol had to agree, he was a er for Dongwoo...and coffee, but mostly Dongwoo. 
 
That afternoon was pretty calm being the week before spring break for the students. Most were either studying in the library or taking mid-terms. But L was still there, sipping silently on his coffee as Sungyeol sat by the register playing facebook games on his phone. 
 
Sungyeol pursed his lips angrily at the candy crush game he was failing in when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Sungyeol yelped and jumped back, heart pumping as he came face to face with L. "What?! What's wrong?" Sungyeol asked, eyes wide looking at the male who was also very stunned that Sungyeol had jumped as far back as he did. 
 
"I was just going to ask if you wanted me to keep you company. It seems kind of lonely today." L said blinking cutely and even though Sungyeol had trained himself to steady his heart beat around the male when he asked for a drink his blinking was causing him another heart attack all together.  
 
"Ah yeah, if you don't have a mid-term or anything." Sungyeol offered blinking back at him. "Cool, yeah don't worry about it. Photography major. No mid-terms or finals. Project based." L smiled pulling a stool from the bar area to the front. 'Well that explains a lot.' Sungyeol thought watching L adjust himself. 
 
"What do you like photographing?" Sungyeol asked after sitting back down. "Nudes. Mostly gay . You know, the usual." L nods his head like this was completely normal. "Oh yeah..." Sungyeol says with a nod like it was the most natural thing ever but his voice betrayed him as he felt creeped out slightly. 
 
That's when the most beautiful laughter rang through the cafe. "Just kidding! Oh man! I can't believe you thought I was telling the truth." L laughed clapping his hands together and leaning forward just a bit trying to get more oxygen. 
 
Sungyeol's face burned red in embarrassment. "But seriously I like portraits. And events. I like emotions." L said a slight smile still on his lips. "Any concentrations?" Sungyeol asks knowing his brother had done a similar project in high school. "Hot Baristas." L smiled.


I have been gone for a while. I am sorry but I have been having writer's block and a bad case of homework lately. Hope this can kind of make up for it.