Chapter 2: The Last Night of this Life

Scarred & Receptive

TaeYeon's POV

 

As soon as I step foot into my hut, the warmth of the inside hit me. It felt so soothing to be warmed up after being out in that.

"Better get out of these."
 
I slowly heaved the heavy metal off of me and dropped it on the floor.
 
Unfortunately there was a drip in my roof, causing small amounts of water to come in.
 
"Great, that's all I need ..."
 
It wasn't huge, so I left it for the time being.
 
I sauntered over to the desk where a small lantern was. It was now pretty much pitch black so I decided to turn it on. The glow lit up the entire hut, forming shadows all around. 
 
I was still pretty much breathing heavily at this point because I still needed to calm down a bit. I went over to the metal tin what represents a sink and wringed my hair over it, making sure the majority of the water was out. 
 
"Agh, forgot about that."
 
The stinging of my cut when the water went in it reminded that I needed to disinfect it. I ran the tap to get a small amount of water and put a stray piece of cloth under it. After I squeezed some of the water out, I dabbed underneath my eye with it, tensing up a small bit with the stinging sensation. Luckily I had some spare lavender and chamomile to rub into it. I ground them both up together and held the powdered substance in my fingers.
 
"Right, quick rub and it's over."
 
I raised my fingertip towards the gash and gently under my eye, filling the wound with the substance. I must admit, it did hurt but I didn't want an infection in it. All the mud was out now anyway.
 
I picked the brush up that was at the side and brushed my teeth, with the water coming from the tap. We didn't have any scented things but it still kept your mouth clean.
 
Once I'd done that, I headed on over to the wardrobe and pulled out my black shirt and a fresh pair of pants. I took the dirty pair off, unclasped my bra and changed into the new clothes.
 
I slumped over to the fireplace and started hacking away at the piece of slate until I got a spark to make a fire.
 
Before I went to bed, I looked out of the window to get an idea of what time it was and closed the curtains.
 
"About half ten, I better get some sleep if I want to be up early to meet the captain tomorrow," I collapsed onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling and slowly closed my eyes.
 
"! I needed to report back to him so he knows I'm safe! Ohhhhh, Captain Kim Ryeowook isn't going to be happy about this ..."
 
I smacked my forehead in stupidity at myself and left it there for a minute or two while I imagined the scolding that I'm going to get. They'll probably have people on a search for me now, this can't be good.
 
*Knock knock knock.*
 
Who could be calling at this time? It can't have been anyone considered a threat because Syndicate didn't make a sound. I reluctantly got off my bed and slowly opened the door. It was General Kim.
 
"Oh, hey General Kim, I was going to come and report to Captain Kim when I'd washed this up," obviously lying through my teeth while I pointed to my cut.
 
"Ow, looks sore. Please, call me Yesung when I'm not on duty, it doesn't make me feel posh haha. In fact, call us by our first names all the time. Anyway, I knew you hadn't reported back so I was going to do it for you but I needed to make sure you was here first."
 
"Thanks Gen, I mean ... Yesung," I answered with a smile.
 
"Go on then, Little Tot. You better get some sleep if you need to see him early in the morning, I'll see you later yeah?"
 
"Yeah, you will, thanks again. Hey! I'm not that small!" I snapped back, yet I was still looking up at him due to my smallness.
 
"Alright, just this one time because you're injured, see ya later," with a wink he was gone.
 
At least I didn't have to worry about that not reporting back, just a nice sleep for me now.
 
Yet again, I lay on the bed, and closed my eyes for the final time this night, ready for tomorrow.
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Quick and short update today because there isn't really much to write about for this little section. This is more of a little filler to lead up to the actual real beginning I guess you can call it. See you soon!