Chapter 4

Use Somebody

“You never said TOP was Seohyun’s brother!” CL gave no opportunity for Seungri to walk into the hotel room.

“No wonder he looked at me as though I had done something wrong! He thinks you’re two-timing her sister... WITH ME!” CL exclaimed, upset that she had been wronged.

“It’s okay. I have explained to him. He understands.” Seungri lied, not wanting to broach the subject.

Dissatisfied, CL suggested explaining to TOP herself.

“Why are you so concern about him? Are you interested in him?” Seungri glowered, feeling vexed after being turned down by TOP earlier.

“And so what if I do?” CL glared at him, tiptoeing so that she could look at him at the same level. They both exchanged angry looks. Seungri stared at her and suddenly walked past her into the room.

“WOW! THIS ROOM IS SPACIOUS!” Seungri exclaimed cheerfully, abruptly and forcefully ending the heated conversation.

Seungri spotted the queen-size bed and pranced on it, sprawling out his limbs in delight.

“And I thought we’re getting separate beds!” CL argued at the sight of the bed in the suite.

“Oops. I forgot to tell the staff.”

“I ain’t gonna sleep with you.” CL made her objection clear and audible.

“By all means, the couch’s for you” Seungri gleefully said as he gestured at the sofa next to the television console.

CL looked at the sofa. Although big, It certainly would not present her with a good slumber. CL was angered at Seungri’s ridiculous attitude. Seeing his adamant behavior, she just ignored him and went straight for the coffee table to set her laptop and cables.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany unpacked her luggage and placed her clothes neatly in the wardrobe. She set aside some space for Taecyeon to keep his clothes when he arrives later tomorrow. The thought of Taecyeon also reminded her of TOP. She smiled at remembering seeing him once again, after so many months. His presence gave her remote, wonderful feeling of the past, tempting her to slip down the memory lane. Tiffany however knew that the present was totally different now. TOP coming back to Seoul and into her life made her doubt the choices she had already made.

A knock on the door broke Tiffany’s train of thoughts. She peered into the peephole, smiling at TOP’s face seemingly huge through the fish eyeview. Tiffany opened the door, and was greeted by TOP’s charismatic smile.

“Tiffany-shi. Shall we watch the sunset together?”

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

They walked down the shore barefoot, their feet in the soft, white sand of Jeju. The summer wind brushed against their faces as they silently breathed in the air, enjoying the beautiful natural sights before them. Tiffany felt a familiar warmth having TOP next to her.

“Do you remember the time we went to the beach together?” Tiffany turned her sight at TOP.

“We went to the beach many times before.” TOP replied with a smile.

“Yeah, and you were always the only one fully clothed even when you swim. Everyone always joked about how you were protecting your stomach muscles from sea urchins.” Tiffany’s comment trailed with laughter from them both.

“Yeah, I was always the brunt of all your jokes…” TOP agreed in his usual monotonous voice, feeling unjust but still laughed at the thought of their childishness.

They walked further before sitting on the sand, looking at the evening sun.

“We had our own problems and worries back then, but we still remained young and carefree. Now, we are all just a bunch of moody grownups.” Tiffany continued, hinting at how everyone has changed.

TOP turned to her, looking at her fresh face, feeling prompted to raise a question he longed wanted to ask her.

“How are you Tiffany…? Have you been well?”

Tiffany looked at him, her eyes curling, she smiled.

“I’m good now.”

She made her reply brief and went back to watching the sun setting beyond the horizon.

“It’s nice isn’t it?” Tiffany commented, totally enjoying the time watching the sunset, something she rarely did now.

Unbeknownst to her, TOP was still staring at her face, looking at her sharp features, mesmerized by Tiffany’s beauty. TOP replied with no hesitation.

“Beautiful.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clock struck midnight and while all the other rooms were dark, Seungri and CL’s room was still brightly lit. CL was perching at the coffee table, her fingers moving slowly on her laptop as she worked on her next magazine article. Meanwhile, Seungri lay on the bed with his legs sprawled out and his back against the headboard.

Seohyun Honey – 010 – 765 – 65

Hey there Sweetie. Happy Anniversary! Thinking of you.

Seungri looked down on his phone, engrossed as he pressed the keys vigorously.

Seeing this, CL interrupted him.

“Must be one of your ladies missing you?” CL teased, indirectly mocking Seungri’s playboy behavior.

 “Ahneyo. It’s Seohyun…. I texted her a wish”

“Umm, do you remember what day is it today?” Seungri walked up next to her.

“It’s Friday, why?”

“No. What occasion?” Seungri asked her once again, studying her face intently.

“I don’t know! You tell me!” CL got frustrated and raised her voice.

“Seohyun and I. It’s our anniversary!” Seungri explained not hiding his disappointment towards CL.

“And why the hell would I know of such an AMAZING day??” CL defended herself.

Seungri paused awhile and stared at her, giving her a questioning look. Shortly after, he reached for CL’s phone on the table and entered the anniversary date as a reminder on her phone.

“09thSeptember. Since you’re my girlfriend now, you need to remember this day!” Seungri said and smiled cheekily at her.

“You…are really WEIRD.” CL looked at him, dumbfounded and almost frightened at his odd antiques.

Her phone suddenly vibrated, signaling a call.

“OHH?? It’s ‘DooJoonie’ ” Seungri looked over his shoulder and gestured at CL with her phone.

CL was equally startled and as she was about to reach for her phone, Seungri swung it away from her.

“Don’t answer. He’ll think you’re easy to deal with.”

CL partially agreed, clearly still upset with DooJoon, allowing the call to go unanswered.

“Anyway, what’s the deal with you and this DooJoonie? You trying to kill yourself, the situation must have gotten pretty bad between the both of you?”

Overcame by his curiosity, Seungri probed CL about her problems. CL side-eyed him and remained silent, refusing to talk about it. Her eyes diverted back to her laptop screen, her fingers moved slowly as she brainstormed for ideas for her magazine.

September Blues

Dealing with breakups.

CL stared at what she had just typed and shortly after, deleted the title.

Seungri laid down on the bed with his slightly-droopy eyes. CL knew Seungri was talking to her but plainly ignored him and pretended to be engrossed with her work. Seungri sensed CL was still angry over the bed issue but clearly remained oblivious about it.

Seungri walked up to the coffee table and looked at her laptop.

“You’re a magazine writer?” Seungri asked, curious.

“Yes, now quit bothering me. I’m trying to work here…” CL made her statement brief and never made eye-contact with him.

Seungri pouted his mouth to the side and walked away quietly.

“What are we doing tomorrow?” CL asked shortly after and turned around, pleasantly surprised at what she saw.

Seungri was already curling on the couch, peacefully asleep. She turned to the unoccupied bed and smiled to herself. At that moment, she looked back at Seungri, appreciative of his small sacrifice.