Chapter 3

Use Somebody

Seungri read the tension in the air and looked back and forth between Tiffany and TOP. Tiffany’s eyes were slightly watery as she tried to resist those tears from falling. She could not keep her gaze away from TOP who had kept his shades on and was sitting opposite of her, seemingly indifferent of the whole situation. Tiffany pretended like nothing was wrong as she consistently put on a smile. Both of them refused to acknowledge each other.

Seungri stole a few glances at TOP, wondering if he still bears the same resentment. Seungri had no courage to greet him at all, despite TOP’s seniority. Things have changed. Time and place have drifted them apart, wearing away the close-knit friendship all of them once shared. There was a momentary silence as all of them gathered back at the lounge, everyone looking at each other as though they were strangers meeting for the first time. Chansung immediately broke the awkward silence with a toast speech.

“Since, everyone is here, let’s all make a toast to our friendship. We have come so far. We are now successful in our separate paths…but let’s not forget the times we shared together, the laughter and pain we went through together in our youth life.”

In the midst of Chansung talking, CL whispered to Seungri.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to him?” CL asked while looking at TOP who was two to three seats away from them.

“Err… That’s not really necessary” Seungri replied quietly.

Before CL could continue, their short conversation was drowned out by the immense cheer as everyone raised their glasses. CL joined in the celebration, still curious by the circle of friends Seungri had.

“TOP-hyung is the surprise I’m talking about! He called me just three days ago that he is returning today. I’m glad I didn’t change my phone number.” Chansung placed his arms around TOP and smiled gleefully.

“So…TOP-hyung, where are you staying right now?” Taeyang, another friend of Seungri continued.

“I just arrived this evening. So, I haven’t really found a place to stay” His usual monotonous voice sounded the same, still amusing to the others how it could get so low, but soothing to the ears of someone.

 “TOP-hyung, you can stay with me for the time being!” Chansung suggested.

“Then our leader here will help us plan our trip to Jeju Island!!!!” The crowd responded with a cheer and an another toast was made.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungri reached for the brakes as soon as they arrived in front of CL’s house.

“You didn’t mention anything about a Jeju trip??!!” CL expressed her displeasure over the upcoming trip that Seungri was supposed to inform her.

“Well…I was…I was gonna tell you like… now!” Seungri said in his usual bright tone, acting as if he hadn’t committed any mistake, further annoying CL.

“I’M NOT GOING! I have work to do.” CL turned away.

“You can bring your work along. I don’t mind. I am supposed to bring my girlfriend for this trip Chaerin-ah. Please?” Seungri clapsed both his hands and made a sympathetic expression, like that of a lost puppy.

“Why don’t you ask the many ladies crowding around you just now? I’m sure all of them are DYING to go with you…!” CL suggested with a tinge of sarcasm in her voice.

Seungri turned and faced front, sighing over how his sympathetic plea did not work on her, unlike that of many other girls.

“I don’t care. I introduced you as my girlfriend tonight. You’ll come with me for the trip.” Seungri was resolved about getting CL to follow, boldly disregarding her refusal.

At Jeju Island

They all gathered around the lobby with their luggage. CL had been completely quiet the whole flight journey, still exasperated about being forced to come for the trip.

“Guys! Let me introduce my girlfriend, this is Yuri.” TaeYang introduced to everyone else.

Yuri bowed and gave a friendly smile.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be at the reunion party the other day.” Yuri smiled gracefully.

Tiffany and CL acknowledged her presence and started their ladies' talk much to the delight of the guys. Chansung then handed the room keys over to TaeYang, Yuri and Tiffany as they proceeded to check in first without delay. A few moments later, he gave another key to TOP.

“TOP-hyung, you go to the room first. I need to settle some administrative matters with the hotel.” ChanSung explained to his roommate.

Noticing that Chansung had intentionally given TOP the key to Tiffany’s hotel room, Seungri immediately pulled ChanSung away from CL and the hotel staffs.

 “What are you doing?” He whispered to Chansung.

“Creating opportunities…”

“Tiffany-noona is already engaged. This is only going to hurt them both.”  Seungri countered, slightly pessimistic about Chansung’s plans.

“They need the personal time to work their relationship out.”

“And so do you Seungri-ah” ChanSung was referring to Seungri’s friendship with TOP.

Seungri backed away slightly,

“You should talk to him first…Say your apology “ ChanSung continued.

“How can I…? I don’t think forgiveness in his mind right now.”

“Are you sure? Or is it just you? Forgiveness is not in YOUR mind right now. You still can’t forgive yourself.”

“That’s not true. I’ve moved on Chansung-ah”

“Of course you have! That’s why you’re still abstaining from alcoholic drinks!”

“Ok. That’s not fair buddy!” Seungri raised his voice slowly, but toned it down when he realized CL could hear their conversation.

“Ok… I’m sorry. But this is as much as I can do to help.”

ChanSung apologized, realizing he had probably gone overboard with his words. He handed over the actual key to his and TOP’s hotel room so that Seungri could pass it to TOP.

“It’s your choice…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP unlocked the keys to the hotel room. As soon as he opened the door, he saw Tiffany standing in the balcony looking outside. Her luggage was already unpacked and TOP realized that he had probably gone into the wrong room. Before he could turn away and leave quietly, Tiffany spotted him.

Their eyes met. Tiffany gave him a wan smile.

l TOP’s POV l

You’re smiling at me, but your eyes don’t curl like they always do when you’re happy. Is it right for me to be here now…?

l END OF POV l

TOP returned her a smile and walked towards her. He stopped when he was inches away from Tiffany. Tiffany edged forward, as tears pooled in her eyes. She placed her hand on TOP’s face. Everything felt so surreal to her. Caressing his face, touching his jaw line, hearing his heavy breaths after so many months, Tiffany could not bear to contain her tears of contentment. She slid both her arms under his, placing her head against his chest and found herself being embraced back by TOP. Hugging each other, TOP caressed Tiffany’s back, sliding his fingers down her silky hair. No words were spoken, as they embraced each other tightly. No words, just warmth and longing. It reignited their passion which was left to die in the passing time. That very moment, they felt time had stopped to witness their reunion. Nothing else mattered, the past nor the present. Nothing else mattered except that very moment.

“Where have you been? Why did you come back?”

Like as if her first question didn’t matter, TOP stared at her beautiful face and answered, “Because I think I have something worth returning for.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungri hesitated awhile and then grabbed the key. He went up the elevator to Tiffany’s room. As soon as he neared the room, his legs felt heavy and his heart was racing with anxiety. The door was open and he went in, interrupting the private moment between the two lovebirds. Summoning the courage, Seungri tried to strike a casual conversation with TOP

“Hyung, ChanSung gave you the wrong key. Here’s yours.” Seungri made his statement short and handed out the key.

TOP turned to look at him. His expressionless face made Seungri cringed slightly, waning the hopeful feeling inside him. TOP immediately took the key from Seungri and walked out of the room, not acknowledging Seungri’s presence in any way. Seungri turned to Tiffany, who only returned him an empathetic smile.

“Give him some more time…” Tiffany clasped Seungri’s shoulders.  Seungri nodded in agreement, although still disheartened by TOP’s actions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Seungri took the elevator to Tiffany's room, CL approached ChanSung who had almost forgotten about her amidst the verbal hustle with Seungri.

“OH! Mianheyo. It’s a bit confusing right now. But here’s your room key. Seungri will go there shortly.” Chansung added with a wide grin.

“TOP… is he the leader…?” CL took the opportunity to ask Chansung, knowing she would never get any answer from Seungri. Chansung nodded.

“You’re really Seungri’s girlfriend right?” ChanSung asked with a shy smile.

“Umm.” CL lied.

“Then you should know about Seohyun?”

“Err… Yea. Seungri said she’s in Fra...”

“TOP-hyung is her brother.”

“WHAT!?”