Home Path

내꺼야

 

 It was a really long day and Zelo seemed tired too, so you decided to go home.

            “Yeah we mine as well, I have practice in the morning,” Zelo said listlessly.

            You looked at Zelo sadly and thought, poor kid. He never has time to relax and have fun. 

            “Uh…But we can still stop to get dessert, my treat,” you said trying to lift his spirits.

            He smiled excited. “Okay!”

            You laughed. “You are such a kid sometimes.”

            He frowned and grumbled, “No I’m not.”

            You chuckled and tousled his hair.

                                                        —

            “What do you want to have Joon Hong-ah,” you asked.

            Zelo looked at the all his ice cream choices in wonderment, just like a kid would.

            “I would like the strawberry one, noona,” he said pressing his finger on the glass while smiling brightly at you.

            You blushed. “Omo~ Zelo you are so cute.”

            He frowned. “I am not! You should call a guy handsome. It’s not a compliment if you call him cute.”

            “Oh~ I apologize Master Joon Hong. Handsome Joon Hong, I apologize.” You bowed deeply.

            “Hey! You don’t have to do that either,” he said blushing. “You’re causing everyone to stare… just order.”

            “I think it’s your height that is making everyone stare. Or should I say it’s all girls who are staring at you.”

            “What girls? I don’t see any other girl but you, noona,”

            You rolled your eyes. “You are so cheesy, I swear.” You then placed your order and sat down to wait for your ice creams. “Seriously though you should stop hanging out with Himchan, it’s making you greasy.”

            He shook his head. “No. These are words that come from my heart.”

            You scoffed. “Jeez~ This kid~”

            You got up to get your ice creams.

            “Here. Although I don’t think you deserve it now,” you said frowning.

            “Why? What did I do,” Zelo asked in shock.

            “You have been acting oddly the whole day.”

            “I’m just putting Yong Guk’s advice to use.”

            You rolled your eyes. “Let’s head home.”

            He nodded and you both went to the subway station.

                                                         —

            “What did you and Yong Guk talk about exactly,” you asked Zelo as you both walked to your apartment.

            He shrugged. “I asked him to give me advice about girls.”

            “Oh~ And does our Joon Hongie have a girl in his life that he is interested in?”

            “Why would I tell you?”

            “Well, maybe because I can give you some advice.”

            He stopped walking to think for awhile. “I guess you can,” he said finally.

            You waited for him to continue.

            “I’ve liked this girl for a long time,” he said hesitantly. “She’s so nice, cute, and funny. We get along great and she always treats me well… But I’m afraid she will only see me as a dongsaeng. I know that she likes one of my hyungs, but I hope to change her mind or heart, but I don’t know how.”

            You nodded. “Well, I advise you not to do that whole greasy thing because it’s not cute, it’s annoying. Also, just try and show her the more manly sides of you. ”

            “More manly…”

            ”Like being more protective or forceful sort of, you know like… a girl likes to have a man who will lead her and protect her,” you said awkwardly. “I don’t know. You are talking to someone who hasn’t been in a relationship for quite sometime.”

            He nodded, thinking and finally looked at you with deep eyes. “Do you mean like this?” Zelo then grabbed your hand and pulled you towards him.

            He looked really mature and confident. He wasn’t the careful little kid you knew.

            ”Yah~ What are you doing,” you said weakly.

            He smiled. “Just taking your advice.”

           You gulped. Why am I getting so nervous? I hope my palms aren’t sweating. Dammit they are.

            “And then maybe I would tell her that I’ve always liked her since the moment we met. That I knew she was the one for me since the day TS hired her as the new intern and she was put in charge of helping with our schedules. I loved how motherly she was and also how immature she would act sometimes.”

            This story seemed familiar to you. It was actually how you and Zelo met.            

            “Maybe then I would lift her chin,” he lifted your chin, “Kiss her,” He put his lips close to yours and whispered, “And then say I like you.”

            You didn’t know what to say or do and only stared at him in shock.

             “Do you think she would think of me as manly then?”

            Your face felt hot and you didn’t know how to respond.

            He smiled and stood where he originally was. “Maybe I’ll try it some day, but I don’t think it’s the right time now.” He smiled. “Good night noona.”

            You only nodded and waved slightly.

            What’s with that kid? And why is my heart beating so fast?

            “Oh yeah,” Zelo shouted suddenly and turned around with a broad smile on his face. “Noona, I think you are already mine.” 

Source: geureona.tumblr