Eunhae and Heechul

Alone

 

3.1 Eunhyuk and Heechul

Heechul and Hyukjae were on the car parked on the Incheon airport’s parking lot. Hyukjae on the driver’s seat, Heechul on the back seat crossed leg, eyes fixed on his iPhone. Hyukjae can’t help but peek at the rear view mirror once in a while (which is basically most of the time) monitoring his hyung. There was dead silence between the two. It seemed like we need Intimate Note 2, Hyukjae realized but immediately shooed the thought bubble away.

“Lee Hyukjae, do you have something to say?” Heechul alleged without lifting an eye to the younger one.

Hyukjae broke a small sweat on the side of his forehead. He realized how his hyung can smell his awkwardness and silently wished for Donghae to arrive soon, “Are you tweeting, hyung?”

“Yes. I created an account again just to inform our beloved loyal fans that Lee Donghae and you secretly got married in Las Vegas and are now planning to adopt a child, very nice huh?” Heechul giggled at his own joke slightly tripping on the side of the back seat. While Hyukjae turned his head towards Heechul and gave a glaring warning.

“Okay. I’m sorry. No. I was just texting Jungsoo to let him know Hae will arrive tonight. I need to make sure that ahjumma fixed the other room at least.”

“Not funny, hyung. But, thanks,” Hyukjae frowned though half of the idea was true.

 

Donghae and Hyukjae had been long planning to get their relationship official, way before the group ended. Even though Hyukjae’s parents strongly disapproved of their proposal when he introduced Donghae as someone more than a bestfriend but a lifetime partner, the two were still secretly pursuing their plan and even got an apartment for themselves. It was a 10-minute walk from the Dance School they founded using their savings, which Hyukjae is hands-on managing slash instructing, and a 30-minute drive from their old dorm where Leeteuk and Heechul are still staying. Hyukjae’s mother had found out where he was staying and currently welcomed herself in doing house chores and cooking, insisting the thought that his son already broke up with Donghae. The notice of his mother moving with him for an indefinite time for how long, arrived right after Donghae left a voice mail that he got a 2-day rest from filming an appearance on a Chinese drama with Zhoumi in Taiwan and hurriedly packed his bags to go home to Hyukjae. What a coincidence, for what Leeteuk thought; and too much for luck as to what Heechul bluntly said the day Hyukjae pleaded his hyungs to settle a room for Donghae during his stay.

 

“When is he coming? I’m starting to have cramps,” Heechul complained, stretching his legs across the back seat. “I’m hungry.”

“Want me to grab some food while waiting? Wookie might kill me if he knew I’m starving you,” he managed a small laugh.

“No. Let’s just eat together later. And Ryeowook is not my mother. But I’m bored,” he complained again.

“Let’s play kaibaibo?” Hyukjae offered with his fist clinched, motioning his torso towards the older one.

Heechul stared at the hand with a disgraced look on his face. “What am I? Four years old? Quit the act Hyuk, you’re seriously annoying me.”

Hyukjae retreat his hand, and managed a faint smile. “Sorry. I should have brought some cds to play music or PMP for movies.”

“And watch with you? No, thank you,” Heechul managed to entertain himself by bullying Hyukjae.

“Donghae hasn’t texted yet since he informed to be here around 4pm. Can’t we just wait?”

“No.” Heechul noted, “I am four years old.” It was already a quarter an hour before six. He put on his sparkly neon green face mask and got out of the car. Hyukjae followed him right after locking the car.

“Where are you going, hyung?”

“To find Lee Donghae, you won’t make a move there. You were just sitting, waiting for nothing. I am tired of waiting.”

“We can’t, hyung. He specifically instructed me to wait for his SMS until he arrives at the passenger’s lounge. He doesn’t want the public to know he’s back. We might ‘cause a commotion if people recognize you..or me,” Hyukjae had an immediate slight panic attack. All his thoughts were suddenly disturbed. He was fast strolling behind Heechul.

“What if someone already recognized him? What if he was caught on a pool of rabid paparazzi? Who would help him? You’re more scared of the public knowing you two are still dating.”

Bingo. Hyukjae was petrified of the thought their relationship leaking out on the public, but he was more concerned of his parents knowing of Donghae’s arrival. Yes, he was scared. He can’t handle anymore pressure or manage any of his parents getting admitted to the hospital again like when they first confessed. But he also had to fight the idea of Donghae held captive of the watchout press on the loose.

“Hyung. No, please,” were the words he spoke of abruptly. He wasn’t thinking straight of the whole situation.

“If you don’t want to look for him, I will. I even thought you would surpass anything for the two of you when you decided to live together. Now all I see is a Lee Hyukjae waiting in vain..terrified of the public and his family. How long will you decide to wa―”

Hyukjae snapped, breaking off Heechul.

“I am not like you.”

“I beg your pardon?” Heechul stopped fast walking and instantly faced Hyukjae.

“I am not like you, hyung. Are you trying to live out your frustrations on us? It doesn’t mean that your love story didn’t work out, Hae and I won’t work out, too. I have long ago proven that I’m confident enough―”

“Confident enough?” Heechul motioned a step near Hyukjae, removing his mask, left it hanging on his left ear. “C’mon Hyuk, since when is living with Hae in the shadows can be called confident? You’re just hiding.”

Hyukjae’s shoulder are getting tensed and suddenly unwanted memories were coming back. Arguing with his hyung would be the last thing he has on mind, but he felt that Heechul had stepped across the line. “I am not like you” was on repeat on his head.

 

Three years ago.

Members were looking gloomy lik how the weather was that day, and sitting at the edge of the couch, Leeteuk was head down staring at his phone. Hyukjae just got inside the waiting room, he looked around and noticed they’re lacking another member.

“Where is Heechul hyung? The PD just signal that we’re on within 5,” Hyukjae asked Leeteuk.

All of them were thrilled for their second week comeback at Music Core with their new single and album. All dressed for filming their performance, but everything froze when Leeteuk got a message from Heechul’s personal manager that the latter emptied his closet of some clothes, his passport missing, phone cannot be reached, and won’t be filming for the day, or the next day or day after that.

“What? He’s not on the right mind again,” Hyukjae blurted out.

“Hyuk, we’ve got enough tantrums from Kyuhyun about this already,” Sungmin informed calmly.

“Why me? Heechul’s the one having tantrums. What is he up to again? Seriously, this is ridiculous,” Kyuhyun defended himself from throwing a rather chaotic dread earlier.

"Cho Kyuhyun, where are your manners?" Yesung answered back to the maknae.

“Guys, just calm down, please. I’m sure he has a good excuse. Right, Junsoo hyung?” Ryeowook tried his best to calm all the tensed spirit. Shindong was continuously ringing Heechul’s phone, Siwon, along with their manager, was pleading with the PD to adjust their schedule to a later time, Donghae was trying to make Hyukjae at ease by making him sit down next to Leeteuk, Yesung was sitting on the coach on the other side of Leeteuk staring at the mess they are currently at.

“He’s being a jerk again, isn’t he? Yesterday, he was insisting that his pants are too loose so manager had to bring it back to stylist noona and just got it for fitting again this morning. He’s doing this on purpose―”

A crisp sound of Donghae’s palm against Hyukjae’s cheek echoed on the room.

“Oh, goodness!” Ryeowook covered his face with both hands. Everyone turned to the two’s direction.

“Lee Donghae. I don’t know what to say” Hyukjae was in shock; his hands were shaking even more.

“Well, I do. First of all, Heechul hyung is not being  jerk, be reminded of that Lee Hyukjae. Secondly, he’s doing something he should have done a long time ago,” Donghae looked around memorizing the still expressions of the members before he continued.”Hankyung..No..Han Geng hyung called him earlier. They're going somewher I do not know of, but they will be staying there..for good. Don’t be jealous, anyone of you, he didn’t tell me any of that, I unintentionally heard him over, but I purposely eavesdropped. I didn’t feel like telling it yet, unless his manager or at most himself would confirm it. Did you listen well, Hyuk? And I’m sorry for hurting you,” right then, Donghae left the waiting room.

 

“At least I’m better than you,” Hyukjae breathed, stared at his hyung’s eyes deeply, with confidence. “The thing I learned most from you, hyung, is to not delay the things I am capable of doing. The moment my parents disapproved of our relationship, I still had planned of living with Hae, no matter what the circumstances were back then. So what if we’re living in dark, hiding like scared preys. We’re just motioning slowly for our escape. We’re planning things out, so please, I beg of you, do not ruin any of it.”

“That’s what you think of me Hyuk.  You feel like I’m ruining everything.”

“That’s..not true,” he said it with a dry throat.

“Oh . You still blame me for the failed promotions, for the scandal, for breaking up the group. I’m such a disgrace that the company gave up on us. You know what, it would not hurt at all reading it from the net, but hearing it from anyone of you, is a different story.”

The situation was going out of control. The past is catching up on them, right there on the middle of the parking lot. Hyukjae wanted to apologize at that very moment but he wanted to answer back again, defend himself. He was torn; he was waiting for a miracle to somehow ease the two of them.

 

“Hyuk? Heechul hyung? What are you doing in the middle of the parking lot? Where’s the car parked?” Donghae asked. And, that was the miracle Hyukjae was waiting for.

 

...

I don't know if this chapter will compensate for the lack of update. Sorry. I took a break from the fluffy-ness. Let me know if you liked angsty HyukChul :)

I've updated the story descripton hoho :D