Kyuhyun and Heechul

Alone

 

 

3 years later.

 

“I have no idea what I am doing here with you wearing this ridiculous mask and sweatshirt that matches with every geek I see. Isn’t it enough that we all wore couple outfits on perfs?” Heechul complained while entering the event hall wearing the Starcraft III shirt and a blinding sparkly neon green face mask Kyu provided.

Kyuhyun knew this would happen, that Heechul will continue blabbering until he has air to breathe. “Hyung, the door is wide enough.”

“Yah! Kim Kyu, we haven’t seen each other for quite some time and this is how you treat your elder. Is this how Jungsu raised you? Where are your manners?” Heechul was almost panting with the disbelief that Kyuhyun is offering him to leave when according to his certainty it was their eternal evil maknae who invited him from the first place.

“I’m sorry, hyung. But was I the one complaining of nothing to do day and night that forced Teukie hyung to call everybody begging us to take you out…‘for some breather’?” Kyuhyun noted with a little sarcasm.

“Well, I’m sorry for being an ahjumma that bugs you.” Heechul was about to head to the door, removing the mask when he noticed some guys whispering, taking a glimpse of who he was. Kyuhyun grabbed him by the hand, covering his hyung instructing him to place his mask back to cover his face.

“If you want to play peacefully, just bear with me,” the young one took on authority.

“Is this how you take Sungmin on dates? Wearing disguises? How low of you Cho Kyuhyun.” They were walking past people; Kyu eyeing some people who exchange glances with them, making sure no one would blow up their cover. They reached the registration area for the event; Kyu took out two VIP passes and showed it to the guy behind the counter and verifying their identity. Totally ignoring Heechul’s side remark  and the counter guy’s skeptical tone while reading their game aliases, they followed the staff to a secluded gaming room filled with a band of gaming nerds, assisted them to their station and handed a booklet with house rules.

“Aish, I thought people here would have the slightest interest if former idols would play for fun.” He was pretty sure pro-gamers would ‘just mind their business’. On the contrary, it seemed like they manage to catch a little attention with the princess’ minor tantrum attack back on the alley. Kyu removed his worn out cap and took a peek if Heechul is not making any fuss at his station as if making sure his child is riding the park swing properly.

He was staring warmly at his hyung, breaking off a faint smile at the sight of Heechul having fun killing and cursing hybrids.

“Hyung! Make sure we’ll beat the crap out of these nerds, okay? Do not stain my reputation as the gaming master of the group after I made Dong hyung eat my dust, got it?”

“Aish, you’re too loud. I won’t just beat those punks. I‘ll make you regret letting me wear this ridiculous shirt. Let’s just get it on, GaemGyu,” adding a smirk.

 

 ‘Kingwanjangmandupie’ was declared gaming master for their cluster. Kyuhyun takes pride for this however it bothered him seeing Heechul pull up a poker face when claiming his price.

Kyu broke the silence on the car when the Manager picked them up when Heechul was still not bragging about his winning.

 “Hey.”

“Why’d you do that, Kyu.?”

“Did what?” trying to act cute and sound as innocent as he can.

“Aish. Stop it. It’s annoying. Why’d you do that? You can easily win over me. You did  that on purpose. It’s annoying the hell out of me. It's no fun winning when someone's being easy on you, giving you advantages. ”

“What? I never did once let lose on purpose. I was even surprised you’re still sharp. Why would I do that, hyung? I’ve been eyeing on that VVIP passes for months. There’s no single reason for me to let my guards down for a sec. I just did a wrong move at the end.”

Heechul was glaring at him. Cold sweat broke off Kyu’s forehead. Heechul was still glaring. Deeply. Kyu had a lump on his throat. Heechul glared piercing Kyu’s soul.

“Scout’s honor?”

“I’m not even a scout, but yes!”

“Fine. Here. It was somewhat fun. Take Donghee next time. Unleash him from Nari’s handcuffs. And make him wear a hundred times worse than this stupid shirt,” handing Kyu the VVIP passes.

“You had fun? For real? Are you sure?” pulling his face near Heechul’s.

“Yah, are you trying to dig holes on my face? Learn a little of personal space. And, yes I did. Those kids were not a joke. It was tough. I never noticed we were playing for hours. I got to curse a lot of strangers. So, yeah, I had fun except for the beaded mask and this shirt,” emphasizing again on the Starcraft III promotional shirt.

“Glad,” fitting his head on his hyung’s shoulder, “You secretly love that mask. And hyung..”

“Yes?” leaning his head sideways on Kyu’s.

“Always have fun.”

 

 

Dear Kyuhyun,

You know how Heechul is a 12 year old who always looks for trouble and fun at the same time? Please remind him to never forget the things that make him forget time. Big favor. Thanks!

 

 

Kyu shut his eyes off. Chest slightly aching.

 

...

 

Heechul was gazing at the night sky, mesmerized at the clear stars hanging on the velvet navy blue heaven. He stretched one arm trying to reach for one to only grasp the cold wind. He turned to Kyuhyun letting go a deep sigh.

“Have you ever wished you could fly, Kyuhyunnie?” with drowsy eyes, he caressed the young one’s moist cheeks.

Kyu grabbed his hyung’s hand as tight as he can. It seemed fragile with his touch so he held him with extra care leading Heechul on the floor of the building roof deck.

“Hyung, you’ve gone too far this time. Don’t go somewhere I can’t reach you,” he said with a trembling voice while Heechul utter his apologies.

 

 

Always be happy, hyung, always.~

“You, too, Kyu.”

 

 

 

I'm sorry if it's confusing T____T