Strangely Cold

Diminishing Sands

 

Strange… I’m not supposed to feel this… This isn’t supposed to happen…

I can feel the coldness of the Frost Lands freezing my body whole. I don’t know why this is happening. I have been to the Frost Lands before and never had a problem with the weather, but now its different. A strong wind passes through us, almost causing myself to lose air.

I walk behind Myungsoo as I can no longer keep up with his pace. Slowly, the distance between us grows. My legs give out, and I fall on the snowy ground. Using my arms to hold my upper-body up, I look ahead to see Myungsoo. I call out to him and he turns only to see a near unconscious girl. In a blink of an eye, Myungsoo stands in front of me. He then turns around and crouches down to my level. With the ounce of strength left, I push myself up and wrap my body around his back.

~*~*~

“How far along is it?” I ask Myungsoo.

Earlier we had found a hollow cave, probably used and abandoned by humans. Myungsoo had started a small campfire in order to keep my freezing body warm and working.

Myungsoo looks at me before answering, “It’s reached the front right half of the neck, though the darkness is less prominent.”

“I see.” I shortly say as I glide my fingers over my neck.

“You know…” I pause to hold one of Myungsoo’s hands, “It’s highly likely that I’ll be dead…” My voice thins out as I say the last few words.

Myungsoo’s grip around my hand tightens and I can feel his anxiousness.

I rest my head on his shoulder before saying, “Don’t worry, it’s just a possibility.”

A high possibility...