The Awesome Mom

Mission: Make Her A Woman

 

                                                tumblr_m8abdfWs701rqhvs0o1_500.jpg
 
 
 
Jong Kook yawned as he pushed his arm into the sleeve of his sweatshirt; it was six in the morning and they all had gone to sleep at two. Four hours wasn't satisfactory after the day that he had yesterday but the reminder of that can-full of beer sitting in his belly had barely even let him sleep. Besides he always dreamed of running on an isolated beach in the morning, of being one with nature in such an intimate manner. 
 
He unrolled the earphones around his iPod and popped them in his ears and without making noise, lest he woke up the sleeping Gary, slipped out of the room to fetch a water bottle from the kitchen. On his way he passed the other bedroom, the door of which was open and the two bundles sleeping soundly under the comforter; he stopped to close the curtains over the windows as the sun had started to peek inside. Resuming his journey he decided to check up on the fifth, most-troublesome member of Running Man MV. Song Ji Hyo, being the strange girl she was, had insisted on letting the men take the only two available bedrooms and volunteered to lay her bedding on the living room floor. Naturally there were strong objections and at one point the two same-age boys had laid their beds in the living room with her to coerce her into taking the bedroom they were now sleeping in. However no one has the perseverance of their one-and-only Mong Ji Hyo. The gentleman in him had protested and he felt like threatening her with a  forceful shift her to the bedroom - how could he, Jong Kook, let any girl sleep on the floor while he slept in a warm bed?
 
Yet something had stopped him, and he let her do as she wished. While Gary accused him of being inconsiderate and treating her like a man, he knew it was far from the truth. Jong Kook realized that her pride mattered to him more than his need for being chivalric, and if this was her choice, her decision, then he wanted her to have it. While the whole nation would call him Mr. Manner, he almost felt like a pig at the thought of forcing her to change her mind because it hurts "his ego as a man to let her have her way". 
 
Good lord! This spunky little monkey had even made him a feminist.  
 
The monkey in question was right now almost comatose on her mattress in front of the fireplace; her arms and legs all over the place and the comforter tossed to one side. He stifled a chuckle as he got a good look at her matching pajama top and bottom which he had not noticed yesterday. He wasn't one to know much popular references but from his days of babysitting his niece, he could identify the Harry Potter pajamas the moment he saw them. With little broomsticks and owls dotting the cloth, this 30-something woman looked like a 13-year-old out on a slumber party. Swallowing his laughter, he straightened out her comforter, covered her once more. This put him in close proximity with her as he noted the wild-array of hair and the rise and fall of her chest which reminded him that she was far from a 13-year-old. Feeling warm in his sweatshirt, he shook off his wayward thoughts and resumed his journey to the kitchen for the water.
 
"Oppa," A sleepy voice called before he could make his exit. "Good morning."
 
"That's the most depressing 'good morning' I have heard in a while." He commented as he watched the girl wrestle away the comforter and wondered if it were his actions that woke her up, because he had tried to be totally gentle on his part. "What woke you up, Ahjumma?"
 
She sat up and then crawled to the corner of the bed like a child being forced to get ready for school. Once again sitting up, Ji Hyo stared at him with a bloated face and eyes which she only opened to a crack. "Where are you going?"
 
"Did I wake you?"
 
"Are you going to -- YAWN-- exercise?"
 
"Was it the heat? Is it too warm here?"
 
"Has the sun risen, Oppa?"
 
"Are you still drunk?"
 
"Is it nine already?"
 
"Do you have a headache, Ji Hyo ah?"
 
"I am going back to sleep. Good night, then?"
 
"Should I make some hangover soup for breakfast?"
 
"Why don't you answer me?"
 
"Why won't YOU answer me?"
 
"Because you are -- YAWN-- fussing and nagging early in the morning. Adopt me Oppa, I will finally have a Mom then."
 
"Funny, eh? I am dying with laughter here, Ahjumma." He said with sarcasm dripping from his voice. If she is able to joke about her mother now, either she is feeling better or her brain is half-asleep. 
 
"Don't die on me, Ahjussi. I will miss you too much."  
 
"Because you like me sooo much?"
 
"Deh, Oppa Saranghe!" She made a big heart over her head, before falling backwards and was fast asleep even before his laughter died down; he shut the cottage door behind him. Spreading his arms wide to feel the cool breeze on his body, Jong Kook opened his eyes to a view he had never had the fortune to see in his life. If he had words to describe the beauty before him, he would have dedicated it a song, but he was speechless at the endless white beach and blue water spread around him. This, Jong Kook decided, is the awesome-st vacation ever. 
 
 

 

His phone trilled in his pocket, breaking the meditative stance he had taken on a big rock which he had found about half a kilometre down the beach. Irritated at the interruption, Jong Kook snapped the flip-phone open, stared at the screen and saw that Ji Hyo was calling him. When did she wake up again? Why did she always choose the wrong times to fall asleep and wake up?

 
"Song Ji Hyo, this better be good." He muttered into the phone. 
 
"Oppa, come home quickly." Something in him jolted at her words, especially when she said 'home'. Gary was right when he mentioned in his party that Jong Kook should settle down and get himself a family. See his condition now! He was even getting happy at hearing his dongseng calling him 'home'. Maybe he should start going on the dates his mother and aunt are forever trying to set him up on, because it seems long abstinence from dating can make you a ert. He scolded himself for forgetting that a Gentleman is a man first, after all and he too would need to make amends with his life and find a partner eventually. 
 
His musing was brought to an end when he detected the franticness in her tone as she shouted in the phone when he hadn't answered, "Oppa? Jong Kook Oppa! Are you listening?" 
 
"Hey, hey, calm down. Ji Hyo, Oppa is listening, what happened?"
 
"Come home, please, hurry!" She sounded like she had started to cry. 
 
"Hey, hey, why are you like this? What is it? What happened?"
 
"Oppa, it's Joong Ki..."
 
Jong Kook leapt to his feet and started running back to the cottage, all the while trying to calm down the girl who had now become a bit hysterical. The cottage came into sight and his burning calves reminded him of how hard he was running. He wished Joong Ki wasn't as bad in a condition as she was describing in her panic, and his heart beat faster at the thought of something serious happening to his young dongseng. This bloody MV was cursed!
 
He slammed open the door and saw Ji Hyo standing in front of Joong Ki, helping him put on a jacket. She turned around at the noise and never had Jong Kook seen her so frightened and on-the-edge. There was a glass of water on the table with much of its contents spilled out as if the hands of the one who poured it had shook in terror. Jong Kook rushed in to see what could have happened to Joong Ki as he couldn't see anything with Ji Hyo standing in front of the boy. When the singer did get a look, he recoiled in horror at his dongseng's condition. 
 
"Oppa, you're here! Please give me the car keys, we need to find a hospital!" Ji Hyo pleaded as Jong Kook stood there motionless, staring at the spotted discoloured face of the boy who was famous for his porcelain skin. Joong Ki's face seemed to be covered in some kind of spots which were pink in some areas and angry red boils in others; he could barely recognize the boy! Joong Ki tried saying something but Jong Kook could tell that his tongue was swollen as well. It took the Hyung a moment to digest the situation as he wondered how this happened in 5 hours and what was this in the first place?
 
"How did this happen? Joong Ki ah, is it hurting?"
 
"I don't know how it happened, Oppa. And look at his face! Of course it is hurting him!" Ji Hyo replied frantically. She was helping Joong Ki put on his slippers but the dongseng was having more success than her because she was trembling so hard. 
 
"Ji Hyo, calm down, woman! We will go in a minute." He told her sternly as she had now picked her wallet and a jacket, and was ready to head out in her current state. "Is Gwang Soo awake? Is he all right? They slept in the same room after all. And did you wake Gary up?"
 
"Why the are you asking me so many questions? Of course, I would check on Gwang Soo! No, I didn't think to wake up Kang Gary or Gwang Soo! Happy?" Ji Hyo took an angry breath before continuing, "NOW can we go? He is an actor and if something happens to his face, do you even know what happens to his career??" 
 
"I know all that. Go wake Gary up, and then you both will inform Kim PD of the situation." Jong Kook told her, barely keeping his own temper in check. Swiping the little diary from the mantle where Gary had noted down all emergency numbers and address, he turned to his sick dongseng and in a softer voice he addressed him, taking the boy's hand to lead him out to the car."Joong Ki ah, don't worry, let's go get you treated"
 
"I am going with you."
 
"Song Ji Hyo, don't argue with me right now. Did you forget you are a professional?" He said without turning to look at the girl. "You have filming to do, so you stay. Go wake up Gary; you both will take up the responsibilities for today" 
 
"Please." 
 
Jong Kook hesitated at the desperate plea in her voice and but did not turn around because he knew it will break his resolve. It was Joong Ki who went to his Noona and squeezed her hand silently. 
 
Tears spilled over as she stepped on her tiptoes to kiss the young man's temple, "Joong Ki ah, you better be fine, okey? I will be waiting for you". Her mind was a riot of thoughts; she knew Jong Kook Oppa was being more level-headed right now but as an actress she also knew what this could mean to Joong Ki, who had just started going places. Her heart went out to the her dongseng as she wondered about the panic he must be keeping in as he was aware of all this as well. She turned to her oppa, "Keep me updated please."
 
"I will. Ji Hyo, do one more thing for me, please. Can you call people around and see if any of your colleagues would like to do Joong Ki's role and can be here in 3 hours? Ask the other two to do the same."
 
Ji Hyo nodded in answer even though Jong Kook couldn't see her with his back to him, "Drive safely."
 
 

 
 
"Hyung, she is sleeping. The poor girl was so exhausted she slept with her phone to her ear about an hour back." Gary said into Ji Hyo's phone which Jong Kook had called. 
 
"Let her rest. She got a real fright in the morning."
 
"I think Joong Ki will get a bigger fright when he sees her next. She is going to have his head."
 
"Huh, why?"
 
"Well, it was his fault for eating that raw seafood when he knew he was allergic to it. I will send you a picture of her reaction when she wakes up."
 
"Don't tell her. I'll talk to her personally."
 
"Oh, come on Hyung! He deserves a thrashing."
 
"Boys make mistakes."
 
"He is twenty-seven, Hyung."
 
"Still a boy."
 
"Still no excuse for melodrama he caused."
 
"I am not arguing with you on this."
 
"Anyway, Hyung, did you have any success? We did call around, but most people have schedules. Plus, we were wrong about Ji Hyo, she hardly knows any male actors!" Gary said, snorting at the actresses lack of sociability.
 
"Dare you about it." Jong Kook warned the rapper, although he knew that Gwang Soo must have already done so mercilessly. "Jae Suk Hyung is calling some of his contacts."
 
"Well, we can hope. I have pacified Kim PD here; he is chalking up some changes in case we can't get someone."
 
"They have given Joong Ki the shots and we are waiting out for them to show improvement, otherwise we will fly him back to Seoul. I will try making it back till noon. Hold the fort, Gary-ssi."
 
"Yeh, Hyung."
 
 

 
 
"Jong Kook ie"
 
"Deh, Hyung! Did he agree?"
 
"He did. His father is an old contact of mine. I just had to crack a deal with his agency."
 
"Hyung, I am really grateful, and sorry for causing you all this trouble. What did his agency want in return?"
 
"Nothing much actually. Just that we now know who is going to guest on Running Man two episodes from now."
 
"Ah, did RM PDs agree to it?"
 
"I asked them nicely." 
 
Jong Kook laughed heartily at Jae Suk hyung's reply. At least some of his immediate tensions had been lifted after meeting Joong Ki's doctor a while ago, and some more were placated right now. The 37-year-old sat back in his chair, stretched his legs out and rested his head tiredly against the tiled wall of the hospital corridor. "Hyung, you are the best! I will owe you for life."
 
"Jong Kook, on a serious note, should I fly down there? Is Joong Ki doing okay?"
 
"Aani, no need, I have got it. In fact, I just assured Joong Ki's father. One day at the hospital and two weeks of skin treatment - that's all, he'd be good as new."
 
"Good. Uri Jong Kookie sounds so grown-up now, handling everything on his own. I almost miss the hot-headed muscle boy."
 
Jong Kook flushed red at Jae Suk's fatherly comments. In truth he was frustrated to a point that he could faint from exhaustion. Being the oldest in a group had its own baggage that he wasn't sure he was able to carry it all. He wished he could tell his hyung to come down to the island, which he knew Yoo Jae Suk would do in an instant; but he also knew how much this hyung valued his integrity and how much of it he would have to sacrifice by canceling his schedules. Yet, that soothed none of Jong Kook's worries as he checked his mental list of issues that had cropped up. Joong Ki was unwell; he had never met the new addition in person, and he didn't know if Ji Hyo remembered the deal they made yesterday. 
 
"What did you say? Hot-headed? I'll show you hot-headed when we come back. Now hang up, Hyung. I have to inform the Gary." Jong Kook said playfully into his phone, though it came out with a tired tone, and cut the call with a sigh. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING, was going his way.
 
 

 
 
"Is it Song Joong Ki?" The Angel asked; she had just seen what Joong Ki was doing in his hospital room through her EarthViewer and it had raised her suspicions. 
 
"Do you feel he loves her as a woman?" God asked, amused at her conviction.
 
"He loves her. That's important." 
 
"It is. But you need to look more keenly, my child. Our wisher loves her as a man would love a woman." 
 
The Angel was confused for a minute as she thought about what all she had seen. Deciding that she needed to investigate further, she took her leave from the Lord and returned to her viewing station. This Song Ji Hyo puzzle is one tough nut to crack. 
 
 

 
 
Ji Hyo made her way down the hospital corridor, her bag swinging back and forth as if mirroring her agitation. She had barely eaten after she woke up and the moment she was informed that her new co-star was yet to be finalized, she decided to utilize the time and thus made her way up to the big island's hospital to see her the sick Flower Boy. The two housemates that she had left behind on their beach had been too tight-lipped about Joong Ki's diagnoses to soothe her worries and had instead directed her to ask Kim Jong Kook whose phone was switched off, probably from running out of charge. There was a reason why she put Joong Ki's phone is his pocket, dammit! They should have at least taken it out when they put him in hospital clothes! Bloody idiots, all of them. 
 
Her keen eyes spotted Joong Ki's manager in the hallway and she beelined to him, but changed her direction as soon as she spotted Jong Kook on a call a little further. She frowned at the foreign cellphone against his tanned ear and took it out of his hand as soon as he ended his call. Needless to say, he was surprised to see her there and watched warily as she dialed her number on the phone and ended it after a ring.
 
"Whose number is it?" She asked, as she operated her own iPhone effortlessly. She looked up from the screen where the name of the contact she was saving had to be filled, waiting for his answer.
 
"Mine. It's my work phone." Jong Kook replied and silently watched her adding 'work' after his name for that number. "Is everything fine?", he asked as he could feel the barely-contained fury radiating from her.
 
"Except the fact that I am driven half insane trying to contact you guys, everything is fine. "
 
"Did you try taking Joong Ki's manager's number from Gwang Soo?" Jong Kook smirked as the woman in front of his flushed red. 
 
"Did you try taking out Joong Ki's phone from his jacket pocket?" She shot back, a little weakly in her embarrassment.
 
"No." He simply replied. "He is sleeping; let's go back."
 
"You go back. I will wait a till someone explains to me what is going on. The doctor will come on a round soon." She replied as she settled into the waiting bench. It was when she crossed her legs that Jong Kook saw that she was still in her Harry Potter pajamas and seeing the round glasses she wore right now, he had his own version of the Boy Who Lived sitting in this small hospital on an obscure island. On the upside, no one can recognize the actress in this garb. Recalling the reason why she never bothered to even change out of sleepwear, he dropped into the seat beside her with a sigh.  
 
"Steel yourself. I told the others to not tell you about Joong Ki's ailment. Just don't react badly, okay?"
 
"Oppa, you are not helping matters. Is... is it worse than... "
 
"Oi, since when did you become such a cry baby? It's not bad! I just don't want you to get angry."
 
Ji Hyo's sorrowful expression smoothed out suddenly as if by magic and she turned to face the man, her famous blank expression adorning the flawless face, waiting for him to go on. She could smell something fishy the moment this oppa's tone had changed, belying his nervousness. However, Jong Kook was surprised at her calm acceptance when he did tell her the reason. Let's be honest here, she is not stupid, anybody could tell it was an allergy; though how severe the problem was, was their matter of concern. And though how Joong Ki got the allergy was something he needed a good lashing for, all Ji Hyo was concerned about was that the boy was fine. That is what she came to hear here, after all.
 
"How long will they keep him, Oppa?" She asked, while Jong Kook kept wondering if this is the calm before the storm. 
 
"Till tomorrow. After that he wants to stay with us but I am sending him home." He said carefully, still mighty suspicious of her relaxed countenance. 
 
"Good"
 
"He asked me to give this to you when I go back; but now that you are here, let me get it for you." He couldn't tell if Ji Hyo was angry as she still sported her 'mong' face but he really hoped that Joong Ki's concern for his Noona's worry would appease her somewhat. The gift here could very well be a peace offering and save his dongseng's neck. The manager quickly fetched the bunch of little yellow flowers that Joong Ki had requested to be bought from the florist in the hospital, and the singer quickly presented them to the woman next to him. "Here, there's a card too."
 
Ji Hyo looked at the sunny bunch of flowers with a confused expression, wondering why the patient was giving the visitor flowers. "Did he tell you why he is giving them to me?"
 
"I suppose that is what a card is for." Jong Kook Oppa stated the obvious, which made her turn pink yet again in embarrassment. Cracking open the card which had a dancing cartoon fox on it, her eyes skimmed over the surprisingly mature handwriting of her dongseng. 
 
Jong Kook tried to peek at what the card said and mentally berated himself for being too honourable to read it before he gave it to Ji Hyo. The angle was bad and all he could make out was that the message was short enough to be read quickly but she was still at it when it has been a minute or so. Was she having problems with seeing close abjects along with the short-sightedness she already had? Heh, Song Ji Hyo with harabouji-glasses would be something he would pay to see. Jokes apart, Jong Kook wondered what was taking her so long to interpret a short message, and he could discern nothing from her face which again had the damn blank expression on it. 
 
"I hope he apologized. Let it go, I doubt he even recognized the kind of oyster." Jong Kook supplied to placate any more fury she might be brewing up, as he still was under the impression that Ji Hyo was angry about Joong Ki's stupidity. This girl was a ticking bomb and needed Anger Management, to be honest, and this coming from someone like him made it all the more serious. 
 
"I am not angry, Oppa." She replied distracted-ly, her eyes still glued to the small square in her hands. "I am just... confused."
 
Jong Kook's curiousity was automatically piqued even though it doesn't take much to confuse Song Ji Hyo even on usual days. It didn't help that his brain was inquisitive like a ten-year-old on Red Bull; there was a time when his Hyung had hung him upside down from the terrace of his house for asking some question after another while Hyung was preparing for his entrance exam. He hated when people gave vague answers and thus would badger them till the whole truth was out. That had cost him a girlfriend or two in the past. Now what could Joong Ki write to his Ji Hyo Noona, and what would prompt him to bring out the noona-killer strategy of giving flowers, were two mysteries that Jong Kook was itching to crack. Sulma... was Joong Ki channeling Song-Song couple in real life? Did the allergy and medicines\ mess up his brain? 
 
"If you don't mind me asking, what does it say?" Ji Hyo simply handed him the card in response and it took him two minutes to scan its contents. 
 
Noona
Cheer up! I probably made you sick with worry so please cheer up. Don't be angry with Hyung for the morning, you know he was right! I know this is probably out of the blue and I am too drugged with pain-killers to word it better - Noona, one day you are going to make a kid the luckiest kid in the world, because that kid would have the awesome-st mother ever. I don't know whether or not you think that you'd make a horrible mother because of your own experience - at least that's what happens in dramas - but if you do then it's not true, okey? Saranghae, Noona!
 
 
"Weird" Jong Kook muttered. 
 
"I don't know why he feels the need to assure me" Ji Hyo also wondered alongside, mirroring his thinking pose. "Of course, I'd make an awesome mother. What makes anyone think otherwise?"
 
Jong Kook turned at her words, flabbergasted, and gave her his best Are-You-Kidding-Me expression, "Seriously? You?" He asked, without bothering to mask his skepticism. 
 
"What? I love kids." She protested at her oppa's disbelief. "And I am cool. Kid's like cool, you know!"
 
"You'd take a toddler to a club!" He said hotly, jumping on the chance to argue on a topic where he was sure of victory. "You curse like a sailor, and think Ramyun should be made our national food."
 
"Lies! All lies." However she changed her tune when Jong Kook gave her a piercing look. "Alright, but all a child needs is love." She shot back primly, proud of her answer. 
 
The singer smirked at her response, "Being philosophical, are we Song Ji Hyo? What did the T-shirt you made me buy for you in Thailand say?" He pretended to think for a moment, while she turned pink as the memory came to her, "Ah yes, 'Philosophy Is For ers'."
 
Ji Hyo picked up the bouquet from the seat beside her and started fiddling with the petals, "You are now talking about unrelated things."
 
"I am just pointing out how unsuited you are for motherhood with your lifestyle."
 
She shoved the card in his face triumphantly, "Ha! But Joong Ki thinks otherwise!"
 
"Well, Joong Ki isn't the sharpest tool in the shed either." Jong Kook replied and stretched his arms leisurely, knowing that he has won this round. 
 
"Are you saying all this because of my mother?" Ji Hyo asked,  her face displaying hurt. 
 
"Oi, quit acting!" He barked, seeing through her pretense, "Waah, you are so bad. You actually used this against me!" Ji Hyo schooled her features back to normal and sighed when the emotional manipulation didn't work. 
 
She pouted, her last defense was obviously playing the cute little dongseng card. "Can't you be nice once, Oppa? Just say 'Yeh, Ji Hyo ah, Joong Ki is right, you'll be a daebak Mom' ?"
 
Jong Kook stood up and shook his left leg which had fallen asleep; turning to look at her once more, he shot back "When you manipulate your Oppa like that? You Evil Ji Hyo, they should ban you from raising a kid!" 
 
"What did you say? Ha! This coming from the person who gave Ji Ho a track suit on second his birthday."
 
"Jae Suk hyung liked it. So did hyungsoonim. Only you have a problem with it, Madam."
 
"THEY LIED! Jae Suk Oppa even expects a protein shake on Ji Ho's next birthday! Who gives a baby a track suit??"
 
Jong Kook's blood pressure rose and his ears became hot. "What did you give then, Miss I-Know-Babies?"
 
She snorted, "A rocking horse. Do I look crazy like you?" 
 
"Of course! You will probably raise a bunch of future criminals."
 
She finally blew her top. "WHAT DID YOU SAY? Did you just criticize my children?"
 
"You do realize that you don't actually have children? Nor should you, if possible." He spoke while scrolling through his phone, pretending to be indifferent but internally cackling over how agitated she was getting. To be honest, if she didn't manage to aggravate him in between, he could go at it all day. She was one amusing piece of work who would always be a source of entertainment, no matter the topic. 
 
"How dare you criticize my children?" She hissed back, hating that she can't raise her voice in a hospital. 
 
"Did you miss the memo, Song Ji Hyo-ssi? I am criticizing YOU." came the cheeky reply to which Ji Hyo fumed silently, while trying to think up an appropriate response. Even though she had points to disapprove this Oppa's claim, she was too riled up to think. Here she thought she had an upper hand, but it took no time for the tables to turn. She hated when this happens - It's all that Song Joong Ki's fault! 
 
"Though you are not a lost cause yet. You can start by eating human-friendly food at least" Kim Jong Kook continued in her silence, "And not hitting people, or wearing sweatpants to work."
 
"Wah, I am made up of flaws, am I not?" She shot back angrily and picking up her things, she too stood up. "Good thing then that I won't be the mother of your kids. YOU won't have to worry about raising criminals then, Oppa!"
 
With her proclamation, she had started down the corridor and a contrite Jong Kook called out to her, "Ya! Where are you going?", which earned him quizzical looks from his and Joong Ki's manager. 
 
"Home. Aren't you coming?" She replied before continuing her departure. Jong Kook didn't know what to make of it as he followed her and motioned the managers to stay, lest Ji Hyo takes up the argument again during the journey. He hadn't meant to offend and had instead sought to teasingly make her correct some of her unhealthy habits; but her damn unpredictability defeated him yet again. Who knew how she is going to act now. Sometimes Ji Hyo would make an angry retort and then be normal within seconds, other times she won't talk to you for a day and then would suddenly come and shout at you when you least expect it. Jong Kook hoped for the former because her "Aren't you coming?" had sounded normal enough. 
 
And then there was 'Home' again. It was crazy how much her asking him to 'come home' affected him. And thanks to her anger and the words spoken in that anger, he now also had images of that 'home' having a bunch of naughty black-haired chubby-cheeked children running around. Jong Kook shook his head as the images solidified with each step he took, the children becoming rowdy, their eyes becoming small like his and their mouth's getting stained with hamburger grease and ketchup like hers often was. Oh, the horror! 
 
Ya, Kim Jong Kook! What the hell is cooking in your head? Are you becoming absolutely desperate? It escaped him how he could even think about Ji Hyo like that. While feeling like a man towards her he could still accept at one level (though he shouldn't) because she was a beautiful woman which no one in the country can deny; but he must be really starving for companionship if he is imagining his dongseng as the mother of his children out of the blue, even though she is the one who put the thought in his head. What was worse is that he knew that this thought did not coming out of the blue to her as it did to him, because she did like him sometime in the past, and like all normal humans, must have imagined some future with him.
 
You are just trying to put the blame on her for your own erted thoughts, you Pyuntai! You have no right to act like the older Oppa when you have started having such thoughts about her! His chivalric self battled with the devil he had discovered within himself and staring at her head in front of him, the singer mentally hit himself with the biggest hammer his imagination could conjure. 
 
 

 
 
Jong Kook sighed as the moment he had parked the car, Ji Hyo jumped out of the vehicle and made her way towards the cottage. She had remained completely silent on the ferry as well as the car journey, and seemed amused at his guilty glances. The girl was extracting pleasure, making him feel more guilty for all he had said to her, much more than he should be! Jong Kook made to follow her immediately, not even stopping to greet the crew which had arrived and had started setting up for filming later. Ji Hyo was already on the front steps and he heard her call out to the members as he too made his way into the cottage after her.
 
"Everyone!" She proclaimed in a grand yet playful tone, spreading her arms in the living room "I will never ever marry Kim Jong Kook!"
 
Jong Kook cracked a smile at her lame idea of a joke, at which even Gwang Soo wasn't giving a reaction to. "Like I would--" 
 
Kang Gary interrupted him urgently, "Hyung, you're here! I'd like  to intro---"
 
"Annyeoghaseyo". The much deeper voice was the interruption this time which caught Ji Hyo by surprise. She had been looking to the front so she had missed the source of this voice as it came from someone standing in the left side of the living room. She turned to face the speaker and could barely keep her reaction to herself. Her eyes roved over the actor in front of her and her mind churned to recall what little she knew about him from Industry gossip mills. Daebak! So this was the new addition to their MV! Mentally she hoped that he had not heard her entry exclamation. Aish! Why had they refused to divulge his name earlier? Her cheeks turned pink as she found herself not being able to look away. 
 
This man was no Hyun Bin, who after all was in the army for 29 more days; yet Ji Hyo was having difficulty in keeping her excitement in check. 
 
He was young. Was more than 180 cm tall. AND had dimples. She really must have saved a country in her past life. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Aha! I am finally done with this one, and here I was thought I'd never finish. I hope you all like it! :)

Also please point out if there are any errors, I get cross-eyed by the time I finish writing, which is usually 4 in the morning. 

As always, suggestions and questions are welcome and much appreciated!^^

Up Next: The Shoot (finally).