The Man #3

Mission: Make Her A Woman

 

                                            
 
 
 
"Gaelly Gaelly!"
 
"Yeh, Mong Ji Mong Ji!" Gary spoke excitedly into his phone. Ji Hyo sounded especially chipper this morning and he was happy that the girl was happy. Yesterday, the SNSD filming had went well and it was very satisfying to see Ji Hyo stomping around on the set after filming, smug as a queen. That mission at least had been successful and she had been given her own brand of special treatment - no one on age or weight and even though her team didn't win, Ji Hyo, Ha Ha and Gwang Soo had blast together and she went back home as happy as a clam.
 
"Gaelly Gaelly, where are you?"
 
Gary smiled at her baby voice, which only surfaced occasionally. "Where do you want me to be?"
 
"I want to eat something delicious, Oppa!" 
 
"Mong Ji ssi, I am heading over to Gwang Soo's to discuss something. Let's go there together, then. I will pack you something good from the restaurant."
 
"No, no. Oppa, you have your discussion, I'll ask if Haroro is awake. Both of us can meet you later then"
 
"Dong Hoon is newly married Ji Hyo ah, I don't think he'd be going anywhere in the mornings. " He could hear her giggles on the other line. "Its not a very important thing, you won't intrude. Meet me at the junction; we'll go in my car from there."
 
"Assa! Make sure you get some of the pickled kimchi too!" 
 
As the line went dead, Gary wondered when Ji Hyo would grow up. It was as if she was making up for her childhood now that she finally belonged to a family, which meant that they had to see all her phases - her tantrums, her moods, her childishness and her anger. He often forgot that she was just four years younger to him and he would often depend on her childishness to base his own when on air. He was actually confused about whether he wanted her to grow up or not; she was always a breath of fresh air in their middle-aged lives but he also wanted her to look at things with more focus, to see a future. Jong Kook hyung always talked about how Ji Hyo lives vicariously, with no inhibitions or fears in risky situations; but he had also worried over how she was at an age that she should start thinking about her life ahead. "She'd know when she is on the other side of 35, but it might get a little late by then." Hyung had said a year ago, and Gary was starting to understand those words now. 
 
He asked one of his employees to pack some breakfast  and the requested kimchi for her and then went back to the notepad which he had been scribbling the lyrics in.
 
 

 
 
Ji Hyo put her hair up in a ponytail which she changed into a quick bun as an afterthought and decided to forgo the glasses for her lenses. She had been told to get a Laser surgery but could never seem to find the time. Since Gary Oppa would take more time than her to reach the junction, she decided to pay heed to her looks now that they are going to the Giraffe's house where his mother would be present. 
 
Somehow, ersely, it was women around whom she had started feeling conscious all the time and thus she wanted to prove that she deserved where she was in her career - which unfortunately, in her line of work, meant a certain standard of beauty. And it pissed her every time some article would pop up about how it was air brushing that resulted into the girl they see in magazines or on screens. The whole debate would simply overwhelm any response she could have gotten for her acting.
 
Gwang Soo's mother was quite chill compared to other women so Ji Hyo simply decided to put a little concealer and wear a pair of dark jeans instead of her loose Bermuda shorts. Rest would do as it was. Pulling on her sparkly purple sneakers, she made her way down the stairs with her wallet. Looking longingly at the lift when it pinged, she shook her head, regretting her resolution of always taking the stairs to stay healthy. 
 
"Kamsahmnida, Ahjussi!" She waved to the doorman who had been with them since the past 15 years, in gratitude for calling the taxi.
 
Settling into the backseat, she relaxed her shoulders. The month has been good to her, she was happier, and there was something about the oppas' behaviour that made her wonder why they were so excited around her. She thought she should be suspicious but then as long as she is included in their close-knit group, she was happy. They even took her out to the 'man' pub they go to after filming! Even though the pub wasn't much different from the ones she has been to and though Suk Jin Oppa took away all glasses around her after her 3rd drink, she was elated at this initiation into their world. 
 
Jong Kook Oppa. That was another reason for her happiness. There was a time when she used to fangirl over him as a high-schooler, before she got into showbiz to earn enough to support herself without her mother's help. Later, between shoots and modeling, there was hardly time to think about herself, much less about adolescent crushes. Success happened, life got even busier to think of anything but work. Tastes changed and she cringed when she looked at her old Turbo posters of the lanky man with the awful hairstyle and sunglasses, wondering what about him had pulled her to him. 
 
Well, she certainly got an answer to that when Jae Suk Oppa made her appear on Family Outing. She had never met Kim Jong Kook in person, their fields being different and because of her own hesitation to be in several public events. Her body had tingled every time she shared the same space with him in those two days - he somehow had managed to transform from her old definition of cool to a new one. Strong as a bull, expressive and intelligent, he had a humour that leaned on the sarcastic side but never was he so with any lady. He was no more someone she watched from the other side of the screen but a tangible prince right out of a fairy-tale, yet within her sight. A gentleman which no parent could find fault in, except probably her mother. Her elation was much cut down by the end of the episode, she was too shy to talk and he never showed any interest except the customary. It was a crushing feeling which she left behind as life moved on.
 
Life was supposed to move on quietly but her image needed Running Man and she landed with Kim Jong Kook, permanently. This time she came with no expectations and struggled with not making things obvious though Suk Jin oppa picked up on it in their interactions. More time passed and she finally developed a comfort level with him, where he was the typical Oppa to her, the big brother she followed around. He was still her Hero, her Idol, minus the possibility of what could be between a man and a woman. That, she knew, would never happen as he never thought of her a woman. She was Haroro Part 2 to him and she had come to accept it. She did lie that she had 'liked' him 'in the past' as liking him will always be a part of her. It was just that he was just as far in that possibility as he had been when she had watched him from the other side of the screen. 
 
*Sigh* That oppa had ruined men for her. He had set an impossible standard according to which most men would lack something or the other. And now with 5 protective oppas hanging around, the possibility decreased even more. She was 31, always single and thus still a . Stuff like that only happens in KDrama. But she was happy; having finally confessed a load had been lifted off her chest. She could just behave as she wanted without feeling guilty of having felt like that. She could let go and find Mr. Destiny. 
 
The cab driver looked at her from the rear-view mirror and wondered at how someone can change so many expressions so quickly without saying a thing. Must be because she is an actress, he thought.
 


 
"Noona! What are you doing here?" Gwang Soo asked, surprised to find her on his doorstep.
 
"Is that how you treat your elders? Am I not to be invited in?" She replied, hands on the hips. Gary snickered behind her.
 
Gwang Soo just silently moved away from the door to let her in and then remembered the state of his room where everyone was meeting, noting that it was nowhere fit to invite a woman in. Now it was too late as she had already made her way to his door. 
 
"What is this?" She asked in bewilderment at the sight in front of her. Gary leaned in from behind her to get a look.
 
"I can explain!" Gwang Soo cried.
 
"What can you explain?" She turned to give him an evil eye. Turning to the room which already occupied certain Running Man members, "Why is everyone here? Is this a meeting?" 
 
"No, No. We are just here to plan out some things" Jae Suk said as he stood up from his chair and pushed a small pile of clothes out of her sight. She could guess that they probably were the Giraffe's underwear; which she had already seen several times.
 
"Aigoo, don't be so suspicious all the time, Ahjumma. We are collaborating on a song." Everyone cracked up a bit at Jong Kook's new term for her though obviously they didn't know how it specifically came to be. 
 
She had given her attention to the group long enough to grasp that the five of them were there for Jong Kook Oppa and Gary Oppa's new single. Apparently Jae Suk oppa often helped them with their lyrics and they needed Gwang Soo and Joong Ki for the music video. They had gotten into their concept discussion and she had lost interest. She had tried to explore the maknae's bedroom as she had always been received in the living room in her earlier visits, but Gwang Soo had barked at her to stay put every time she touched something that she shouldn't probably see. Bored, she made her way out to find his mother and some Darjeeling tea. 
 
"Ya, Kang Gary!" Jae Suk hissed as soon as the door closed behind the girl, "Why did you bring Ji Jyo along? I had some things to discuss about our plans."
 
"Hyung, I thought we are to discuss work here. I should have known when you overruled a cafe meeting." Jong Kook said, a bit annoyed. He was dedicated to his work and currently they were falling behind schedule somewhat . 
 
"Okey, let's get this over with and I'll tell you later." Jae Suk sighed in defeat and returned to the paper he had been structuring Jong Kook's and Gary's lyrics on. 
 
The bell rang after ten minutes and Joong Ki got up to check. He returned with Kim PD who was going to shoot the MV and Jae Suk quietly asked the young actor about Ji Hyo's current position. 
 
"Ommeoni will keep her busy for a while, hyung. Don't worry." Joong Ki assured as he pulled another chair for the bespectacled man who looked a little uncomfortable in the bedroom. The members being members, thought nothing of holding a meeting in one's bedroom with his mother drinking tea outside. 
 
"Kim Kangdumnim, I was thinking that Gwang Soo would be perfect for the barista role we required. He is ready to clear dates for us." Jong Kook addressed the older man. 
 
"Yeah, that would do but are you sure you want to keep Joong Ki-ssi as Man# 1? I think he'd be preferable as Man# 2 as it requires more acting. No offense Gary-ssi, but we have to look at these things and you'd be better as Man# 1 as he is only looking from afar." The PD explained to which Gary nodded understandingly. 
 
"Sir, you have all the power to do that and I am sure others would agree." Jong Kook offered smiling though something in his tone told the younger lot that they better agree, to which they obediently nodded. 
 
"Basically I was thinking of creating a sequel to 'Men Are Like That' MV. That will give this one an added interest." He went on to discuss the plan in more detail as everyone listened with rapt attention.
 
"Kangdumnim, I hope it's not a problem if Gary and I are in loop about everything in the MV; shoots, etc.?" Jong Kook inquired. He was somewhat of a perfectionist - not obsessive, as some people would say - and wanted to be involved in everything.
 
"See, till no one is interfering in my shoots, I am fine."
 
"That'll be difficult, considering what a big chatterbox he is." Jae Suk muttered out of earshot to Gary who smirked in response. 
 
"There'll be no interfering, I assure you." Jong Kook replied, a little flustered. Gary and Jae Suk just shook their heads at the impossibility of it, already imagining all the arguments these two are going to have in the future.
 
"Please don't mind me intruding, but the concept of looking through the eyes of another man is brilliant. You've certainly worked hard. Thank you!", the Nation's MC graciously praised. He knew the man would come up with a great concept after watching his work in Jong Kook's 'Men Are Like That' MV and he really wished that this one is just as successful.
 
Ji Hyo chose that moment to literally barge in, forgetting that another person had entered the room besides the members. She had made some tea for the rest of them and was delivering it before it cooled. Seeing the serious-looking ahjussi, she blushed red for interrupting the meeting and turned to leave which would have been quicker were she not carrying the wide tray of tea cups. 
 
"Song Ji Hyo-ssi, please don't mind me! Please come in." The PD called out to her, a little star-struck at the simply dressed actress whom he had never had the fortune to work with. The way she seemed at home here was something that interested him on a purely creative level.
 
She hesitantly made her way into the room, eyes downcast lest her gaze meets Jong Kook oppa's who surely must be angry at her interruption. She obviously didn't know the changes Kim Jong Kook had gone through and thus didn't see the amused look he had in response to her blushing face. Passing the tea to everyone she realized she's be a cup short but was saved from the embarrassment when Joong Ki refused his share, all the while giving her knowing looks. Wiping her hand on her jeans, she sighed in relief as she turned to leave them to resume their work.
 
"Ji Hyo-ssi"
 
"Neh, Kangdumnim?"
 
"Can you sit for a while? I want a woman's perspective on this." The director asked earnestly. She looked at the oppas but none of them seemed to dislike the idea. 
 
She caught some words Gary whispered to Gwang Soo as the PD turned to ask the Tiger if its okay to have her views. Her Monday boyfriend had said, 'She? Giving a women's perspective?', under the belief that she was out of hearing range. Ji Hyo went to sit on the corner of the bed, banging the corner of the tray into Gary oppa's head 'by mistake'.
 
Jong Kook watched as she animatedly gave her views on the concept and suggested a few changes in the scene which would appeal more to the female demographic. He chuckled at certain suggestions which she was giving, citing that they'd appeal especially to his ahjumma fan following. How could he have been so blind to not see her, as in actually SEE to realize that his tough dongseng was a girl? He remembered how she had thrown a fuss when the RM PDs decided to make Monday love-line official; her argument was that it'll be problematic when she actually has a boyfriend. They all had just commented that that's hardly likely with her personality. Now he knew that she is in fact capable of liking men and once upon a time he was on the list! 
 
In his musing he didn't notice that the discussion had shifted focus and she had busied herself with sketching on Jae Suk hyung's notepad, while chewing on the lid of the pen. The PD had in fact already discussed location, which Gary was in charge of.
 
"Jong Kook ssi, did Yoo Inna-ssi sign on? Her manager was in talks with you." Kim PD asked, breaking him out of his thoughts. 
 
"Eh? ... Ah, yeh. She can give us dates for the last two days but the first and second day are impossible."
 
"That won't do. We need her on the first day location no matter what." The PD shook him head. He was already a bit stressed about the nearing date of the launch of the song and the actress was yet to be finalized. 
 
There was a small "TUCK!" and all eyes turned to the figure standing on the corner next to the shelf holding Gwang Soo's action figures. Song Ji Hyo wished she were invisible right now and regretted agreeing with Gary Oppa to come here. The small figurine was in her hands, now broken in two and each half clutched in each hand. 
 
"NOONA!" Gwang Soo shrieked hysterically, forgetting that they were in a meeting, "HOW COULD YOU?? This was my first Taekwon V! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH!"
 
"Gwang Soo ah, mianhe. I was just..." Ji Hyo trailed off embarrassingly as everyone silently watched them.
 
"This is 12 years old! How could you handle it so roughly?" Gwang Soo snatched the broken toy from her hands and cradled it against his chest.
 
"Ya! Its a doll. I'll get you a new one." 
 
"A doll, you said? A DOLL??"
 
"YA! What else is it then? Huh, what is it? What? WHAT?"
 
"It's Taekwon V, you ignorant woman!"
 
"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE CALLING IGNORA--" Ji Hyo made to grab the loudmouthed punk's hair but was intercepted by Joong Ki who whispered to her, reminding her that they have an audience, which she had forgotten in her anger. She froze, and her eyes swept over the seated people, all of them looking at her in slight disbelief. 
 
"You guys really need to find better meeting places." She said shakily and made to exit the room with some dignity intact. Jong Kook glared at Gwang Soo for embarrassing her, but the maknae silently gestured to the broken toy in front of him as if his outburst was justified.
 
"Jong Kook ssi, what about Ji Hyo ssi?" The PD turned to the still glaring man, ignoring the drama earlier.
 
"What about Ji Hyo?"
 
"In the MV? She has a good range of expressions. I am already thinking of sketching out a rather interesting characterization for her."
 
"Should I call noona back?" Joong Ki asked eagerly. He could already imagine this being a Running Man MV and the blast they are going to have making it.
 
"Wait a second." Jong Kook put a halt to his excitement and got up. "I'll go talk to her. You guys carry one. Gary, please discuss the weather issues that the particular location is having." with that he left to search for Ji Hyo, knowing she was prowling around the house and had probably long forgotten the disruption she caused in their meeting. Serves him right for agreeing to the ridiculous idea of a house meeting, he berated himself.
 
 

 

In Heaven's Kingdom on the other hand, God was looking down the magical green vista spread out in front of Him. An angel came and handed Him another wish memo from the person He had taken a special liking to. This child had a earnest quality that God Himself couldn't resist and thus had ordered all wishes from this earthling to be delivered to Him personally.

He read the wish aloud, "Dear God, the party and soju that I mentioned earlier? Well that was a disaster. Can you please do something else? I have looked at her for a while now but she only 'sees' me. Give me a chance to have her 'look' at me, please!" 
 
God chuckled at the simple wish. This earthling clearly didn't understand that the chance has already been rewarded; it's his turn to act on it. 
 
 

 
 
Jong Kook bee-lined for the kitchen, knowing she'd probably be stuffing her face with food, taking full advantage of Gwang Soo's mother's generosity. Unfortunately, the kitchen was empty with a note on the fridge informing them that the older lady was out for a grocery run. It had no mention of Ji Hyo accompanying her so he made his way back to the living room and slid the door open to the balcony, where he found his target. The day was windy and the sky had darkened a bit even though it was afternoon. The building was tallest in the area so a straight view from the building gave a feel of absolute nothingness, only unending blue that created a backdrop. She made a picture against this backdrop as she watched the turbulent sky, with her tresses freed from the bun and flying around her head, portraying the exact wildness of her spirit. It gave him a pause.
 
"You're here." He stated and she turned around at his voice and smiled, her hair trailing behind her, as if alive. The wind hit his face in a refreshing manner.
 
"Oppa." 
 
"Can I join you? I have something to discuss with the beautiful Song Ji Hyo." He said slyly, coming to stand next to her against the railing. The house was on one of the higher floors and it felt as if they were suspended in hair, caught in the gusts that were ruffling their hair.
 
Even though Ji Hyo knew he always used such tricks when he wanted something from her, she was still flushed. Maybe it is the setting, she told herself. She simply chose to nod as she couldn't take her eyes off the fringe of his hair that kept flying into his eye, making him fling his head a bit to shake it off. 
 
"Alright," He began, turning away from her and looking out to the view. "You like the MV right?"
 
"I am sure it will come out well. Though I do think the song is the more important part, isn't it?" She said, her eyes not leaving that fringe on his forehead.
 
"Yes, that is so. What I want to ask is, would you like to take up the Girl character in the MV?" He cut straight to the point, turning his head towards her.
 
"Oppa, umm..."
 
"Ji Hyo ah, I know you are on a break from acting since your last stressful schedule, but its only four days. Oppa promises to take care of you." 
 
"Oppa, wait a moment!"
 
Jong Kook was surprised at her frustrated tone and felt guilty for forcing the girl out of her much-deserved break. He should have known that she would object to it as she had just been getting rest and also had to do Running Man once a week. Moments later, he was shaken out of these thoughts - his eyes widened a bit in alarm as Ji Hyo stepped closer to him, and started leaning towards him, her eyes fixated on his face. He was automatically reminded of that drunken night and wondered if the girl had helped herself to alcohol when they weren't watching. 
 
Ji Hyo raised a hand towards his face, unable to stop herself. It was definitely the atmosphere, where it seemed as if they were cut off from the world, or otherwise she would never be so bold. She saw his confused expression as he watched her hand curve towards him. Gently laying it against his temple, she ran it against his forehead, shifting the hair from his eyes and to his other temple. She smiled as it made him look like an idol. The wind had started playing with the hair again but wasn't able to dislodge it enough to distract her more. Her hand retreated slowly, as if caressing him from a distance. Jong Kook caught the hand before it could return to her side, finally coming out of the daze her action had put him in. Having held her hand several times during missions, he realized for the first time how tiny it was in his; his dark hand had almost swallowed the pale hand in it.  He didn't know why his body was reacting like that. He too put the blame on the weather. 
 
"Ji Hyo ah..." He started to say something; he himself didn't know what.
 
"Will there be a kissing scene?" She blurted out suddenly. Having realized the implication and being startled at having her hand held by him in a familiar yet strange manner, she tried to change the topic but chose the worst possible thing to ask. 
 
Jong Kook smiled at her flustered face. So Miss Drunk-Molester-Of-Men could also blush at her boldness? He was aware of this charged tension between the two of them, which he knew has been there since the past couple of weeks. It was something he had never experienced this acutely in his life before, but he was old enough to know what it meant. Although, he was far from acknowledging it. He knew now that he saw Ji Hyo from a 'man's eyes'; he was attracted to her in a magnetic manner - attracted to her as a woman. He knew the biology of his situation but he was also painfully aware of the psychology and the politics of the same. She is a dongseng with a Hero complex for him, and is ethically off-limits. He felt he was at a cusp, on one side was this Ji Hyo with her wild hair and on the other side was his adorable dongseng who he vowed to protect like a big brother. 
 
"Why does your mind always go there?" He asked, forcing himself to not follow her example and push those long alluring midnight strands back from her neck.
 
"No, I was just thinking that it'd be weird kissing you."
 
You sure didn't have a problem earlier, his mind snickered to itself. "Ji Hyo, I am not in the story-line; were you even listening when Kim PD was talking?" 
 
"I listened to only the story. Who would I be kissing then?" She asked innocently, reluctantly extracting her hand from his grasp.
 
Jong Kook mentally face-palmed at her selective hearing and one-track mind. "There is no kissing, Ahjumma. And does this mean you are ready to do it?"
 
"I am still deciding" Ji Hyo pouted at the thought of no kissing. Not that she wanted to kiss someone but a kiss always gathers interest and she wanted the MV to be successful. 
 
Jong Kook sighed and leaned with his back to the railing, looking at her pouting contemplative face. One delusional part of his brain wondered if she was pouting at the idea of not getting to kiss him but he snubbed the wayward thought. Dongseng, dongseng, dongseng, he chanted. 
 
"Do you need time till tonight to decide?" He asked when she was silent for a couple of minutes, chewing her lips.
 
"What will you do for me in return? Because there is no way in hell that I will accept a fee."
 
"Ji Hyo ah, what is this? You are a hoobae, you have to acce---"
 
"Aani, Oppa, do you think you are in a position to negotiate?" She interrupted tartly. "I won't take money from you; tell me, what will you do in return?"
 
"I'd rather pay you double than fall into that trap." He deadpanned, not liking the glint in her eyes one bit. 
 
"Okey, then I am leaving." She announced and made to go inside. Jong Kook quickly caught her shoulders and dragged her back. He glared at her manipulation but she just replied back with a mischievous smile. 
 
"Ya, you are really childish!" He fumed, before calming himself down."Alright, ALRIGHT! I'll do anything. Name it."
 
"I can't think of something. Can I have your promise and then tell you when I decide?" She asked, tying her hair back into the hairstyle she had come with.
 
"Are you kidding me? I am not going to give you that kind of power!" Okay, while he may be confused about his recent reactions to this girl but she managed to trip the fuse to his rage more than anyone else of the planet. No one could set his brain on fire like her. 
 
"I am leaving!" She proclaimed once more and started towards the door.
 
"Aish!" He pulled her back and swung her around to face him squarely. It's a wonder that he hasn't strangled her in all these years; someone should give him an award. "YOU! Listen! I have full rights to refuse if you decide on something which is beyond ridiculous."
 
Ji Hyo accepted this much because she knew that anymore baiting would either lead to him tossing her over the railing or simply find another more flexible actress. 
 
"Okay. That's acceptable." She nodded indulgently, like a shopkeeper who has agreed to the customer's negotiation. "Happy, Oppa?"
 
Jong Kook let out the breath he had been holding, "Let's seal the deal then."
 
She took his hand to shake but found herself pulled closer. Before she could react, she found his lips on her plump cheek. "Ahjumma, welcome to the team. This Oppa is really thankful!" Ji Hyo stood rooted to the stop as she watched him disappear back inside the house. 
 
Jong Kook made his escape mentally beating himself over this lapse of self-control. He was a man whose entire existence was based on his will power and he had just given into temptation. He was a bastard, definitely. Ji Hyo had the excuse of being drunk when she had laid a kiss on him, what excuse did he have? He had let her rile him up like always but how come he reacted by kissing her cheek? Alright, he was a crazy man. He was a crazy crazy man. He was a hypocrite who claimed to be disgusted by Giraffe's photo with his dongseng but was doing similar things with her. If the Hyungs got a wind of the thoughts he was having, he'd be beaten to death. Hell! He wanted to beat himself to death. Just what the hell has he done? While the kiss in itself can be explained innocently to all, including Ji Hyo (if she ever asks); his brain knew the truth and everyday it was becoming increasingly difficult to forgive himself. What have you learnt in the thirty-seven years of your existence? Didn't Aabujji- Omma teach you anything, Jong Kook ah? He knew he'd get no sleep today; it's best to punish himself with some late-night gymming. 
 
It had been minutes since her Oppa had scurried inside after extracting a confirmation from her and she was still standing at the exact place, her fingers brushing the cheek his lips had touched. It was when she felt raindrops on the back of her neck that she was jolted out of the numbness. It felt like her skin was on fire. She definitely hadn't seen it coming when he had pulled her closer and bent down his neck for his lips to meet her skin. Not even her RM reflexes could anticipate the gesture and she was left standing with one hand in the air where it had grabbed his bicep when he had jerked her to him. Ya, Song Ji Hyo, why are you behaving like a ing saesang fan? He is using his new-found knowledge of 'former' her crush on him and twisting her brain, for revenge. Snap out of it Seong Im, if he is being an , you shouldn't fall for it! 
 
Ji Hyo ran a hand on her arms in exasperation and clenched her teeth as she tried to remove the feelings from her head. It's of no use to find meaning in a simple gesture; she had equipped herself in the past years for as much. She should just file it as a nice thing happening to her and forget about it. 
 
Probably 31 years of lack of romance was catching up on her and she needed to find herself a boyfriend immediately. Preferably a younger one. Who is at least 180 cm tall. With dimples.
 
Sigh, 36 days till Hyun Bin returns from the army. 
 
 
 
 

Hello! Thank you for all the encouragement you all provide through your comments. :)

I am thinking of increasing the pace of the story a bit now, since the characters and their motivations have been more or less defined. Also because I felt that it has slowed down from what I had planned. 

Thank you for reading! :D

P.S.: Next Chapter will be up soon- One beach house, 5 Running Men and Drama.