The Man Who Won't Leave

Mission: Make Her A Woman
SUMMARY OF THE STORY SO FAR (skip if you remember!)
 
The male RM member decide that Ji Hyo has been neglected and they will start treating her as a woman from now on. They all have different interpretations of the idea but work collectively to throw a party at KJK's house with the excuse of Gwang Soo's date, where they will test their new behaviour with her. The party is disastrous at first where an alcohol-fueled emotional outburst leads to JH's mother issues coming out to everyone. The party ends with everyone drunk and Gwang Soo clutching on to his Noona. 
 
KJK has been feeling weird around JH, with the new vision of her as a woman and his weakness towards females messing with his brain. He fights with the idea of his dongseng being a well-formed female as he literally has a fight with her. Later, she reveals to him that she liked him in the past, while actually she had liked him since her childhood as a fan and still sometimes has moments when her 'liking' seems to return. 
JH gets pulled into an MV which is a collaboration between Gary and KJK and she agrees in return of a favour from him. He kisses her on the cheek unthinkingly. They relocate to a remote but beautiful island for the shoot, where Gwang Soo causes troubles the very first night. The night ends with JH drunk, a bonfire party and KJK's suggestion to move away from her mother.
 
In Heaven, meanwhile, God has been receiving wishes from a person God has taken a liking to. So an Angel and God make a bet where she gets to holiday on earth if she is able to identify the wisher before he confesses. The deadline later changes when she challenges that she would name him within a few hours.
 
Joong Ki falls terribly ill the next day and has to be replaced. JH storms into the hospital and meets up with KJK where they have a discussion on JH's ability of being a mother. KJK's feelings are getting more messed up as the new entry Lee Dong Wook awakens a beastly jealousy inside of of him, while JH has developed a liking for the dimpled actor and Gwang Soo has developed a strong dislike. The shoot on the third day challenges everyone when JH goes off script and kisses DW because she felt it was better for the MV. KJK decides he loves her as a woman and thus at a small beach party that night, he pulls her into a seductive dance. 
 
 
LAST CHAPTER'S END
 
 
It sent shivers down her spine and made her instinctly jerk her head up to look at him. There it was again, that look. Ji Hyo's mind drained of all thought as she simply stared at the man she had known all these years but was still somehow new to her. Her breath caught yet again as his gaze suddenly met hers. Something crackled, some electricity passed through her length and small shivers burst at the base of her spine. 
 
His face was so close. Close enough. 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                tumblr_m6u04tuaRU1rz17eqo1_500.jpg
 
 
Gwang Soo and Gary watched the other two curiously from a distance. One moment the pair had been dancing spectacularly - well, Jong Kook hyung had been dancing and Ji Hyo was getting moved around - with little missteps here and there, all cozy and non-antoganistic for a change, but then they had suddenly stopped and were glaring (?) at one another. Gwang Soo groaned as he thought the two will start fighting yet again. 
 
Gary clocked his head to the left and tried to get a better look at the hyung's expression which was partially hidden to the two watching. Ji Hyo's expression had made him curious in the first place as it went from Mong to a sort of intense and then a flash of fire erupted in those big eyes. He and the Giraffe exchanged glances as the dancing pair started exchanging words, swiftly but in hissed whispers and Ji Hyo's face got even redder and her eyes narrowed. 
 
Gary sighed as she shrugged off hyung's arms with a swift but barely noticeable jerk and headed towards the food table, giving her "celebrity (i.e. fake) smiles" to the people she passed. "What do you think happened?" Gwang Soo asked.
 
Gary shrugged in response, "I wouldn't know. As if they ever need a reason to quarrel."
 
Gwang Soo shook his head as he moved towards the woman, "She is a gangster." he muttered and picked up a beer on his way. Gently tapping her shoulder, he handed her the can and waited for her to swallow the grilled pork she had stuffed with. "What did he do this time?" He asked, knowing that putting the blame on the Hyung would get him a quicker answer. 
 
"Ah, nothing." She lied, so bad that even she cringed once the words left . "Don't worry about it."
 
"You know we can punish him, since he punished us for fighting." He candidly offered, not liking the serious melo aura that surrounded the girl. "Together, we might even bash him up a little bit!"
 
Gwang Soo only got a tiny smile for his effort. A tall figure standing a little way off the party, in partial darkness, caught his eyes over her head. His jaw clenched as he drew an arm around her shoulder as if the unvited guest, the one Lee Dong Wook, would swoop her away. Ji Hyo, oblivious to the mood of her dongseng, maintained her blank expression as she watched her former dance partner still standing where she had left him. She leaned her forehead tiredly against the tall maknae's shoulder as she watched the object of her observation walk away to attend a phone call. 
 

 
"Aren't you preparing for your vacation, my dear? I already announced you winning to others."
 
The Angel looked up from her EarthViewer, dazed slightly at the interruption. She had thought that she would leave behind the wisher's predicament once the bet was done but perhaps that was not to be. It's been hours since she had named him right and God had graciously accepted defeat, but like an internet-addict, she was still here, watching with abated breath to see what happens next. 
 
This she felt would be perfect time for the wisher to confess, or perhaps offer comfort that might put him in her good graces. God knows (pun intended) how much a bumbling idiot the wisher has been all this while!
 
"Why is he such a fool?" She asked, pointing down towards the green planet. "He would wake up five times a night to check on her, would always be there to make sure that the blank woman doesn't trip over her own feet, would even clean up after her! Why does he need to put on an act and fight with her all the time?"
 
God only smiled lightly, feeling sad that His Angel was so distraught over the situation. 
 
"Human's are such a distrusting lot. What happened to a leap of faith? She isn't the most pleasant creature, but she seems to care about him enough to listen to him." The Angel continued, though her words were becoming less of a conversation with the Lord of the Universe, and more of an audible internal monologue. "What a coward."
 
She blushed at God's reprimanding look and blinked a bit before regaining her angelic posture, "I shouldn't have taken up the challenge. I don't think I can take more of this, Father." 
 
"You care about him." God stated calmly. "It is perfectly fine if you feel bad for him."
 
"Pfft!" The Angel snorted un-Angelically, earning another disapproving glace from God. Flipping her hair, she casually said, "Why should I care? I don't care what Lee Gwang Soo does with his life." 
 

 
"Hyuk ah!"
 
"Mian, Chingu ya. The shoot has been going without a break since early morning." A deep baritone of one Jang Hyuk carried from the phone clutched in Jong Kook's hand. 
 
"Arasso, I was just calling in the morning to see if you were free; it's all sorted now." Jong Kook assured his best friend and rubbed his forehead where he could feel a headache coming. He had called Jang Hyuk several times in the morning when he was trying to locate an actor for the MV; while he was happy to have Lee Dong Wook, now he was feeling a little ambivalent about the situation. If only Hyukie had been free. He tiredly updated him on the recent. 
 
"Dong Wook is a good kid. But you could have called Tae Hyunie, that is lying around at home, sending me "fun" pictures since the past three days while I am stuck here."
 
Jong Kook let out a low chuckle and then replied with sarcasm dripping from his tone, "In case you didn't notice, most of the cast is Running Men, I doubt his 1 Night 2 Days PDs would be happy about it."
 
"I bet he could still weasel his way out of the situation."
 
"Ah, I forgot, his Flash-Noona-The-Dimples strategy."
 
"Though I heard the new boss there is male."
 
"You know, he might still get away with it."
 
"Damn", Hyuk muttered. Which finally got a laugh out of Jong Kook, especially when he had decided his day was doomed. "By the way, I am the one stuck with my getting frostbite in the snow, why are YOU sounding so surly?"
 
The ballad singer was too tired to keep secrets, especially from someone who he has realized after years of friendship can detect his moods simply from his breathing pattern. Jang Hyuk, as Yoo Jae Suk would attest, can be just as scary as he looks. "It's Ji Hyo."
 
He could hear the laughter in his best friend's voice, "Ji Hyo? Did she bust your ego again? Come on, Jong Kookie, why do you always let the little woman mess wi---"
 
"No!"
 
"What "no"?" Hyuk almost Pfft him. "Do I need to remind you last Chuseok when Ji Hyo and your mother had---"
 
"You don't need to remind me" Jong Kook gritted out. 
 
A patronizing action star offered, "Should I call her and scold her as a sunbae?"
 
Jong Kook glared at nothing in particular and moved farther down the beach, "What are you, my mother? She didn't do anything, it's me this time. I messed with her."
 
There was a hearty laugh from the other side, "Finally, I am so PROUD, kid! I always did want revenge after what she told my wife last---'
 
"Hyuk ah, FOCUS! Can you please forget those damn times and like a normal sympathetic human being ask what happened!?" 
 
"If you insist, but dare you ask advice. Last time I helped, you told on me and then---"
 
"YA, JANG HYUK!"
 
"Arasso, arasso. What happened to our Jong Kook?"
 
Gathering a breath, the singer finally murmured, "Well, she is a woman."
 
"Yes, and?"
 
"Hyuk ah, she is a woman to me."
 
There was a stunned silence and Jong Kook waited instead of prodding him to speak. He had to wait for almost a minute as he listened to the distant voices of a tired crew and the shuffling of whatever thick clothes his best friend was wearing. He could imagine the built man huddled in the snow with his nose red and his breath coming out in almost opague puffs. Jong Kook smiled at that thought. It diverted his mind from the more troubling ones. 
 
The first words he heard however were not pleasant. "ARE YOU INSANE??", the heavy accusation in the tone was evident. Jong Kook sighed, Hyukie and JI Hyo didn't really get along. Of course they would all gang up when the target was him, but otherwise they both didn't really see eye to eye.  His best friend was public-shy but otherwise very opinionated and old-fashioned, which naturally rubbed the firebrand Ji Hyo in all the wrong ways. Jong Kook forced himself to forget the three times he had to intervene when there was a difference of opinion. Fun fact: Jang Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo have met each other informally only THREE times. 
 
"Chingu ya..."
 
"No! I thought you were on my side!" Jang Hyuk accused, experiencing one of those few times when he lost his adult composure. "Ji Hyo? SONG JI HYO? She is a thug!"
 
"Oh come on. Don't be melodramatic. When did you start waging a war with Ji Hyo?"
 
"Since she told your sister-in-law about--"
 
"Oi! You dug that hole for yourself!"
 
"But did she need to spill the beans? DID YOU NEED TO SPILL THE BEANS TO HER?!"
 
"There is no point talking to you, I am calling Tae Hyun."
 
"Oh no, no! Arasso. Okay, I am all ears. So did you do something bad?"
 
"I think I tried to seduce her."
 
"What the hell?! Did you her or something? What are you, seventeen? I am disgusted---"
 
"Gee, thanks for all that faith in me."
 
"Then what did you do? I can tell by the "tried" that things didn't go well as you wanted them to."
 
"No, she called me out on it."
 
"Ha! How obvious you must be for that rockhead to notice!"
 
"No, actually she thinks that I did it to mess with her."
 
"I wish that were so."
 
"You know, for a married man, you are awfully intrusive in my love life."
 
"Didn't you know? You were always the one for me. One Twu Wuv!"
 
"Your mother is right, Tae Hyunnie IS a bad influence on you."
 
"Actually I just repeated what he said to me once." Came a sheepish reply.
 
"Figures."
 
Hyuk took a moment to collect his thoughts as he still grappled with this situation. "Does she think she is that awful that a man would seduce her only to mess with her?"
 
"Ya, you---"
 
"Or because like the rest of the world she also thinks you are aual?"
 
"That's it, I am hanging up!"
 
"Arasso, I am just sensitive and feeling betrayed. But I'll mind myself." He placated his hot-headed friend, "Why would Ji Hyo think you are messing with her"
 
Spartakooks thought about his Ace's flashing eyes which had replaced the dazed expression she had had while they were dancing. His heart had been thrumming wild like a hummingbird's wings as all he could smell was the strawberries on her skin as her lips had all his attention while they were twirling to music. And then suddenly their eyes met and some sort of realization dawned in her brown orbs; he didn't like the look of that one bit. Next thing he knew, she was hissing things at him which made no sense; all he could glean from the situation was perhaps that he came on too fast and too strong. "Well, she told me some time ago that she had a crush on me in the past and this afternoon I might have come  off as angry at her, so she thinks that I am abusing that knowledge to for some sort of sick revenge for whatever she did to make me angry."
 
"Waah, women do think a lot." Hyuk muttered in sympathy and a little scorn. That's what the Kim Jong Kook should get for running after that scary little imp, Hyuk thought darkly. Something in his friend's words struck him then,  "Wait! She liked you?"
 
"Er.. yes."
 
"Fine way she has of showing it. Nothing says "I like you" better than hair-pulling and four-letter curses." Hyuk still failed to understand why someone self-respecting would be interested in Song Ji Hyo. Sure, she was good-looking even without make-up, respectful and kind of like a lost kid most of the times, but that hardly compensates for the beatdown a man's ego gets when within a metre's range with her. He remembered one of the arguments he had with her about girl's groups, where he thought she might bite him. 
 
"She is unique."
 
"Sure is." Came a dry reply. "Why were you angry in the afternoon?"
 
"Lee Dong Wook."
 
"Don't tell me, you were jealous of the puppy? What are we going to do with you, Jong Kookie?"
 
Feeling fairly petulant with his helpless situation, Jong Kook didn't bother to take offence at that one. "Well, he is a very nice puppy. And the same age as her."
 
"Frankly, I like Dong Wookie, but he is a peace-loving guy and our Ji Hyo isn't really a subtle creature"
 
Jong Kook cottoned on to his word usage and suddenly triumphantly called him out on it, "You just said 'our Ji hyo'!"
 
"I DID NOT!"
 
"Yes, you did! You do like her!"
 
"I absolutely do not! She is just an interesting study. I'd rather like to forget about all this but I know you are stubborn and won't stop."
 
"Hmm" 
 
There was another long silence as both the men thought over what this meant to them. Jong Kook berated himself internally for not speaking up when she was accusing him of being mean and for twisting her honest confession into a joke. But what could he have said? "No, Ji Hyo ah, Oppa would never do something like that. I actually like holding you. Yeah, I know it's strange but that's just how things have become. Yeah, it's a little sudden, but please trust me." Yeah right, they would have found his body washed up on the beach the next morning. 
 
Jang Hyuk on the other hand was considering his options. He could give his friend the wrong advice and then live his days not having to encounter the strange woman more than twice a year. Or he can be a good friend and help the man get the girl who he knew could possibly be the permanent cure of Jong Kook's temperament and perennial loneliness. Sigh, to be honest there were never options, you just can't stop being friends, can you?
 
"You can try talking to her; though if I were you, I'd give her time to cool off. It always works with my wife."
 
"You aren't telling me something new, Hyukie. I am 37, not a teenager who fought with his first love."
 
"Eh, yeah. Umm, so you have an explanation for whatever you did to her?"
 
"We just danced! DANCED, okay? Don't make it sound so dirty, man."
 
"Oi, I am not the one making it dirty; it's your lady love who is. And what's the problem with one little dance? Seriously, THAT was the seduction?? You have been out of it for too long, kid."
 
"Shut up!" Jong Kook burst out when he heard his friend chuckling. Taking a long breath, he continued calmly, "See, just take my word that it was something that can be considered seduction and help me out."
 
"I am trying!" Hyuk grumbled. "Tae Hyun would probably come up with a better excuse anyway."
 
"Tae Hyun would probably call up Jae Suk Hyung afterwards because he would figure that it would be more interesting that way. Do you even know how protective Hyung is about her??"
 
"You should have thought that before you were making a move on her. Rule# 1, never date a woman who has more than one Oppa."
 
"In case you forgot, I was one of those Oppas up till now."
 
"That's pretty ed up."
 

 
Ji Hyo had a headache. Maybe it was all the beer she had managed to guzzle in the past one hour, maybe it was the confusion that she was left with when the conversation with Lee Dong Wook ended. Or maybe it was the anger against one Kim Jong Kook that had her nerves on fire. Gazing at the pale walls that seem to closing in on her, it seemed like she has been here forever. One more day, Ji Hyo ah, just one more day, she thought as she overturned her entire luggage on her bed to find a clean t-shirt to sleep in. Once the said item was located, she contemplated throwing everything back together and dealing with it tomorrow, but the decision was made for her when long- hands picked up one of her blouses and started folding it. 
 
"Go sleep." She muttered irritably, wanting nothing more than solitude. 
 
"I will, once you do" Gwang Soo replied and picked up a pair of jeans next. "Besides I have a problem that I have to ask a woman's perspective. Though I doubt, Noona, you fit that category." He flinched once the words were out of his mouth, expecting her to punch him or something. 
 
Satisfied that he won't be getting hit as her mong expression did not change as she stared at his hands, Gwang Soo continued rambling. "You know the woman I, uh, was going on a date with? We even celebrated it! Yeah, so ummm she had dumped me before we even saw each other, calling me a 'kid' because she is 9 years older." 
 
He waited for laughter to come at his predicament, but it didn't. Something compelled him to keep on pretending that Song Ji Hyo wasn't acting odd or completely out of character right now. The alternative was too damn scary; acknowledging that something was deeply wrong with her made his soul clench in fear. He needed to continue talking, "Well, she has called me twice today and I don't know what to say so I ignored the calls. See, you are also an 'elder' so can you tell me a way to get rid of her without sounding rude or somthing?"
 
The denim in his hands was getting scrunched between nervous fingers as he wished with all his being for a normal reply from the woman in front of him. He'd be happy if she hit him. He'd be happy if she wants to kill him. Because that is what HIS Ji Hyo noona will do after he mocked her age. 
 
"Go sleep" She told him  the second time.
 
"I will when you do" He also repeated his words and let out a sigh. Reality forced into his pretense and Gwang Soo gave up, "And I will lend an ear if you are not sleeping."
 
Ji Hyo gently pried the jeans out of his hands and took a step towards him to lean her exhausted head against her dongseng's shoulder once again that night. Only this time she lifted it and banged it lightly against the maknae. The process repeated and with each connecting of her forehead and his shoulder, she felt her frustrations leaking out of her body, trickling, oozing, seeping out; only to be replaced by hollowness. Gwang Soo had decided to let her continue with her catharsis but one particular painful bang had him yelping and moving out of her range. 
 
"Gwang Soo ya." She looked up tearfully, and it broke his heart. "Gwang Soo ya, Gwang Soo ya, Gwang Soo ya..." She repeated and sat back on her bed with a dull thump, some of her clothes scattered on the floor like the shards of his broken heart.
 
"Noona..."
 
Closing her eyes, she leaned back on the bed amidst the upturned luggage. "You were right. I should have stayed away from Lee Dong Wook-ssi"
 
"Did... did something happen?" He asked fearfully. He had not wanted her to leave the party when Dong Wook had come to talk to her; it was obvious so he knew the older actor had come to talk about the afternoon's kiss and he did not want Ji Hyo to have any talk about kisses with this "outsider". That man was almost too perfect, which raised Gwang Soo's hackles. A woman lost to him, would be a woman lost forever. And he couldn't imagine a forever without his noona. They needed her, their tiny little linchpin, to hold the seven of them together. 
 
She closed her eyes and took a few loud desperate breaths, filling her lungs as if air wasn't enough. It wasn't enough; nothing will ever be enough; NO ONE will ever be enough, she thought. "I had an epiphany."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"It means a sudden realization." She tried to crack a smile but he could only see the grimace that was the result of her attempt. 
 
"I know what epiphany means. I am asking you what did you realize?" He asked, running a frustrated hand through his shaggy hair. He bent to start picking the clothes that had fallen and unabashedly even collected the bras that had landed at the foot of the bed. She sat up and silently looked at him, studying his movements perhaps for the first time in their 3-year-long off-camera acquaintance. 
 
"That I am stuck." She chuckled drily, sounding more insane that he would have liked. If this is something to do with her mother issues, then damn respect for elders, I will give that crazy old bat a piece of my mind, he thought. "I am stuck and even Lee Dong Wook couldn't get me out. Perhaps, no one can."
 
"Stuck where?"
 
"Here. Everywhere. HE is stuck here and I am stuck with him." She said, her hand over-lapping as she gesturned at her chest. 
 
He bent to pick some more clothes, hiding his expression from her, but ended up littering the entire floor with shattered shards of the heart she broke once more. 
 
                                                                                                   
"I would like to apologize for interrupting your evening, Ji Hyo-ssi, but I would like to talk to you for a moment please." The deep voice made her blush as she followed the tall handsome actor towards cottage. She nodded as he turned to look at her for confirmation. Silently, they made their way to the wooden steps in front of the door and sat down, in the dim lights reflected from the faraway lamps of the party.
 
"I am sorry, Sunbae, for... going off the script in the afternoon." She blurted but before she could explain herself further, he gestured her to stop with a small smile gracing his lips and the dimple indents throwing shadows in his cheeks. 
 
"The afternoon needs no explanation. I felt it was a wonderful detail to the relationship between The Girl and Man #2." She looked up at him with surprise and blushed from the praise. Dong Wook leaned forward and threaded his fingers together, contemplating what was in his mind and how to put it in the best manner possible. "What I wanted to talk to you is something very different. I would like a favour from you, even though I am in no position to ask one after an acquaintance of roughly two days."
 
She flushed warmly again and hastened to assure him, "Oh no, please ask! If it is in my capacity, as a hoobae I would like to help you in any way I can."
 
"Then would you consider the offer of starring in a drama as my co-star favourably?"
 
Her jaw dropped open as she fully turned to stare right at the eyes she had been avoiding. "Sunbae! How---"
 
"The director asked me find someone suitable, even though he has the final decision, I am sure he will be more than happy."
 
"No, Sunbae, I mean, why me?"
 
"It's a saguek, and I have seen The Frozen Flower, I am sure you'd be excellent." He smiled warmly and gave her a cheesy but endearing 'thumbs up'.
 
Her face went blank as she processed his words and all the other words she had heard ever since she starred in that particular movie. "You... you have seen The Frozen Flower?" She asked dumbly, and somehow a certain Oppa's words floated in her mind as she had once asked that man the same question, desperate for his opinion of her work. The small eyes of the man in question had blinked thrice before he had shrugged and answered that he would "of course not" watch the movie as he would not be comfortable in seeing his dongseng "like that".
 
Lee Dong Wook hurriedly tried to explain himself, "If I have offended you, I am sorry. But you were great there. I do not mean it in any other way!" His once confident voice took a noticeable nervous edge. He was discomforted by the lack of any expression of her face and tried to find the right words that would dissuade anything wrong she might think about him.
 
'Of course not! Ji Hyo ah, it'd be weird to see you like that!' was all that rang in her mind, over and over again. That disembodied voice richocheted in her head, drowning any words that the tangible actor next to her was saying. 'It'd be weird to see you like that', it echoed. Of course, because you couldn't bother, Ji Hyo answered it angrily in her head. 
 
 "I just thought thought it will be a nice way to get to know you more and the role is perfect for you. Ji Hyo ssi---" Dong Wook was cut off when Ji Hyo raised a hand to interrupt. 
 
"Sunbae, I am very thankful for the offer, and I would definitely consider it. But, Sunbae, I am... maybe I am assuming too much when you say that you want to get to know me better?" The implication was clear as her statement came out as a question. He simply nodded as an answer, making it clear that she was right on why he would like to know her better. "Then I'd like you to know me better too, as a friend." She continued, making HER implications clear as well.
 
The two sat in silence for the next couple of minutes as the weight of the words hung in the air and the tinkling laughter of far away party rode the waves. He contemplated how to diffuse the situation, slightly disappointed but more guilty for making such her uncomfortable. She sat there numb, hating those words that she said to this kind man sitting beside her. He was so perfect and he was interested in her, and all she could hear was a voice she didn't want to hear. Now the words were out and the chance was swept away like the sea shell by the ocean. Only this chance won't return with the waves. 
 
"Friend" He repeated amusedly, only the wringing of his hands betraying his nervousness, "I can do friendship." A small smile starting forming on his lips. 
 
He started to stand and offered her a hand up, which she took readily, bringing a warm smile on his face, "Let's return the Queen to the party, shall we?" Ji Hyo returned the smile  as his dimples dazzled her and felt grateful towards this man. This beautiful person whom she had just welcomed in her life and said goodbye in a way as well - all in one short sentence. 
 
"What is the drama called?" She asked, resuming small talk. 
 
"Nothing is finalised as yet; they are just throwing around a few names."
 
"Such as?"
 
"Umm, there is one name I liked. Mandate of Heaven."
 
 
"Unstick him then." Gwang Soo replied, his eyes glued to the floor. He didn't know who the man in question was; he didn't know if he even wanted to know. All he knew was that he should have known this would happen.  All he had done till now was play a kindergarten bully with her, and now it was too late. 
 
"I will, one day" She replied, frustration building in her words. She knew he was no staring at her, but she refused to meet his eyes. This was never something she planned to discuss with Gwang Soo. "But I want that to happen right now, at this very moment."
 
"Things take time."
 
"They don't. After 17 years they don't, Gwang Soo ya!" She cried out, sitting up. "They don't take ing two years of constant trying!" 
 
The shampoo bottle fell out of his hands to a dull thud on the carpet. He was eleven when this man 'stuck'; did he even have a chance? Ever? It was cruel enough that she never noticed him, now God was being even more cruel to make him hear all this from her own lips. Most of all, he was the damned masochist, who kept standing there, waiting for the Truck of Doom to strike him down. 
 
"I thought it will be enough, that it will be over soon!" She continued, "But two bloody years of conscious effort and am I even halfway through? Ha!" 
 
He kept on listening, like the sick little puppy he found he was. Waiting for the name to crop up, waiting for the name that would embed itself in his lungs, never letting breathe and making him hate that name every time he inhaled. 
 
"I just left a kind, sweet man." Her breath caught, as she choked a bit, "Gwang Soo, I just left a beautiful man, because I couldn't get HIS voice out. HE who doesn't care."
 
Please don't say his name. Please, Noona, please let me live thinking about a faceless man. Don't make me hate someone. 
 
"Why can't I do this, Gwang Soo ya?" Her eyes spilled as she looked at him for an answer, "Why do I let Oppa storm my mind? Why does Kim Jong Kook have this hold?"
 
He was already still as a statue so only he could feel his blood freeze. She gave him a name but also robbed him the chance to hate. She chose someone he couldn't even begin to dislike. This woman, he thought, was crueler than God, than anyone he knew.  
 
"I... I am going to bed." He mumbled and turned abruptly when he saw her questioning eyes. Crossing the room in three long strides he took hold of the doorknob, "Please sleep, Noona." 
 
The door shut, cutting off the sound from within her room that he'd pretend he didn't hear - a desperate gulp for air. 
 
 
 
 

Hello everyone! I am finally back from the super-long hiatus.

First of all I would like to thank you all for the warm wishes; I couldn't reply to each comment individually because I had already locked all internet devices away. I am now a proud student of the country's best Law school and would have treated you to the yummiest Indian food were we in the same location, till then virtual bear hugs everyone! 

Now onto the story, I hope the summary refreshed memory. The chapter this time is divided into half where the tone changes from comedy to angst. This is something I tried to experiment with so please do tell me if it works or not, so I would be more careful the next time. 

If there are any spelling/grammatical errors, mianhe!

Till then, enjoy reading! 

 

XOXO,

Running Girl