;; 4

Between Two Towers

A day had passed after that confession. Jongup was looking at the scenes outside his room. He was still inside the hospital since Chanyeol was against of him taking him out of it, and so as the doctor who obviously sided with him. He sighed as boredom was his only companion inside that suffocating room.

Chanyeol was outside, or somewhere, making money for the two of them. He have to work hard, harder than before since he needs money for his medicine and other items that needs to be paid.

The aura was a bit serene, or maybe he’s just bored? It was nice but it’s a bit suffocating too, knowing that he can’t go out anywhere, well without someone’s help that is.

He turned to the doorway when he heard someone entering it. A guy, clad with a black suit, white inner polo and a well ironed tie. His hair was styled upwards giving him this certain elegant yet fierce look. His sharp jaw lines did nothing but enhance his manliness, his sharp eyes made it more obvious for anyone who was asking how manly this guy can be, to sum it all up, he’s the epitome of the word manliness.

Although, anyone who will cross paths with this guy will cower in fear, or at least froze in their own position, Jongup was not affected by it. He tilted his head on the right with his eyes still nailed towards the man with the radiance of someone who’s rich and powerful. “Who are you?” He asked.

The man slowly took cautious steps towards him. He pulled a chair under the bed then sat on it. His briefcase was placed on his lap before placing both of his hands on it. His gaze rose towards the man on the bed, they looked at each other before the man who just entered coughed to clear his throat and also to take his attention. “I’m the son of the owner of the car that hit you.”

Too frank, Jongup thought as he stared at him. Too painful … please don’t bring it up again. He continued before looking away from the man who just introduced himself. He looked straight towards the window, it was too painful for him to remember it, he had already promised to be what he was before the accident, but how can he do that in just a short amount of time? At least he was blessed of the ability of lying too well in front of Chanyeol, which was enough to sway the older man from thinking too much.

The man in suit coughed once again. “I’m going to pay every cent that you have to pay, so please … please just don’t file any lawsuit for my parents.” He said.

With that sentence echoed his ears, Jongup finally looked at him, still holding that same expression from before. Money, money he needs it, Chanyeol needs it, but is it enough to just make his dream and revenge slip away from his hands?

His hand clenched the piece of fabric beneath it. He looked down to his casted feet, it was numb like him. “You’re bribing me, us, to shut our traps off so that your name can avoid something that might tarnish it?” He asked the man in front of him.

It was obvious enough that this guy came from a rich family, Flawless and well maintained skin, clothes that was woven or made by very delicate hands and also a briefcase with intricate designs of swirls and curves. But, if they are rich, they can easily shut them up even if he and Chanyeol were the most reasonable side to win in a case like this, his actions left Jongup asking why he’s still doing this.

“If we file a case about this, you guys can still win with your money right?” Jongup asked without faltering from the man’s gaze. “You can pay everyone in the court, bribe them more, with that you can win every ---- “ “NO I CAN NEVER DO THAT.”

The shout surprised Jongup. He thought he’s a very calm and collected person, but hearing him shout like that was a complete surprise for him.

“I don’t do things like that, it’s … it’s inhuman for me, too … immoral.” The man in suit said with his hands clenched on top of his leather briefcase.

Jongup raised a brow from his sentence. Bribing, he called it an immoral thing to do. “But isn’t it the same as what you’re doing right now?” Jongup finished it.

The man bit his bottom lips. “Yes, I know that I’m contradicting my own words, but there’s a reason why I’m bribing you instead of them. You can use the money for your medications, your examinations, your food, everything!”

What he said was true, Jongup knows it. If he’s going to accept this kind of trade, trade of money for his dreams and revenge, then Chanyeol can finally rest from working too much.

“You don’t have to take my deal right now, but please … accept my offer.” He said before sliding a card inside Jongup’s hand. The younger unclenched his hand and stared at it for awhile. He looked up and saw the man in suit finally disappeared from his sight or room, with the door slowly closing.

He raised his hand and read the words on it. “Wu … fan.” He murmured as he read the man’s name.

A few more seconds after that, the door once again swung open revealing Chanyeol with a huge grin on his face. “Hello~” He sung as he made his way closer to the younger one on the bed.

Jongup quickly smiled before hiding the card behind his pillow. “You’re early today hyung, what happened?” He asked.

“Boss said he’s closing the store early today since he has to go somewhere else.” He explained before taking things out of the plastic bag. He pulled the mini table on the bed and settled it comfortably to Jongup’s lap before placing the foods there. “Oh right, I saw someone coming out of the room, is he … your friend?” He asked him.

Jongup furrowed his brows, he was confused for a second but when he remembered who it was he quickly turned away. “Nope … he’s not my friend hyung.” His hand slid inside his pillow before facing the grinning man again. “Hyung … we need to talk.” He whispered.