;; 2

Between Two Towers

As the sun hits the stone pavements harshly, his grip on his bag still not loosening, he walked towards his own school. He heard that familiar bark of a dog, purr of a cat and chirps of the birds. Everything was completely normal, everything was the same like yesterday or the day before yesterday and so on. But like in dramas and other suspense story, there’s a glint of uneasiness every time the day becomes so perfect.

The walk was too perfect to be real.

Jongup heard a snicker behind him, a familiar snicker of his friend, confidant, and also his classmate. He turned around and saw the man standing proud behind him. “Oh …” He lifelessly gasp before turning once again and started walking again. The man looked at him incredulously, he was expecting a more, different reaction from him but what he got was nothing near that expectation of his, he got a big zero from him, a painful red blinking zero.

The man hissed before running towards the tanned guy. He slung his arm around him and walked right beside him. “You could’ve just said ‘Good morning Kai!’ or maybe ‘Oh finally someone who can walk beside me!’ or something like that!” He hissed.

The man beside him looked at him with the corner of his eye. He breathed softly before opening his mouth only to close it once again when the man finally detached himself to his. He stared at Kai, following his suddenly fastened footsteps before him, and saw the reason why the man did that.

It’s Kyungsoo, Kai’s all time favorite play thing, or that’s what Jongup thought. Kai attached himself to Kyungsoo, exactly the same time he step a foot beside him, wrapping both of his arms to Kyungsoo like a love sick puppy. “Kyung, Good morning!” He grinned which earned him a drowsy look from the man.

“Oh …. Kai.” He answered with the same tone as Jongup.

Kai was displeased with his reaction, why is everyone acting like this! He thought as he stopped from walking, pulling the student named Kyungsoo along with him. “That’s it?!” He asked exaggeratedly.

The three of them stopped in their own positions, Kyungsoo and Kai still attached with each other while Jongup stood right behind them. The other students spared a look or two at them then refocused their sights back to the streets filled with dusts and marks.

“You’re too noisy in the morning.” Kyungsoo said with a yawn currently held back. He tried his best to suppress it but he failed.

Jongup shrugged but agreed with what Kyungsoo said. He took a peek to his watch and saw the hands on the numbers 7 and 10. He sighed first before passing right through the two bickering people in front of him.

He who finally attained peace, the air caressing his hair and cheeks made him smile once again, everything was perfect, too perfect to be real and not a dream.

 

At exactly 5 minutes before the class starts, the three friends entered the room. Nothing changed except now the blackboard is now clean completely different from the doodle filled one yesterday. Oh right, he was the one who was assigned to clean it which he complied without complaining.

He stayed a bit too late for just cleaning the whole place and was nagged by Chanyeol for not even sending a small text that he’ll be late for a bit. The long monologue from Chanyeol still gives chills to him whenever his mind remembers it.

His train of thoughts were disturbed when he heard the steel chair beside him screeching and turning towards him. He looked once again with the corner of his eyes and saw Kai grinning at him. Kyungsoo was currently nowhere to be found which is why Kai was bothering him right now.

“Hey, are you going to the gym later?” He asked.

Jongup raised a brow, why? He mentally asked before opening his mouth to voice out the question.

Kai smiled before ruffling his bag filled with trash. He took out a crumpled paper, two parts of a pencil case and a broken ruler. Jongup shook his head since his mind once again asked himself how his bag could handle those kinds of garbage, even though years had already passed, Jongup still haven’t found the answer and he’s sure that the answer is nowhere near his time now.

Kai took out a pamphlet. With bold letters of a somewhat welcome for the readers, a circle in the center of the paper with a silhouette of a man doing a handstand on it, Jongup grabbed it and read all of its contents. It was a pamphlet for a dance competition and the rewards really caught his attention.

A week of nothing but doing the thing he loves in a place far from the city, that was something Jongup wants, needs and thirsts for. He smiled meekly before turning to Kai to give him a nod. The affirmation he got made Kai beam like there’s no tomorrow. He snickered before pulling the pamphlet again to show it too Kyungsoo who had just stepped a foot inside the room with a bucket of water that was requested by their first teacher to use for a punishment later since its Monday and it’s also the day to pass a homework that he had given last Friday.

And seems that goddess of luck was not on Kai’s side. At exactly as the time he shove the piece of paper right in front of Kyungsoo’s face, the latter squeaked and was caught surprised making both of his hand shot up to the air making the bucket of water pour over their bodies.

The two shuddered in cold and wet as the class laughed at them. Kai instantly hug himself as Kyungsoo sat on the ground covering his face with the empty bucket. The teacher saw them two and was quickly kicked out of the room. The man seated nearest of the door was ordered to clean the floor with a mop and so he did but after mumbling incoherent curses and words that nobody can understand.

When the laugher and snickers finally died down, the class started after a few taps of the table by the teacher wearing a stern look and a pair of glasses and so as Jongup’s boring day.

 

 

The class went on with two empty seats, one beside Jongup and the other one two seats in front of him. Kyungsoo and Kai never came back for the whole class for some reason he couldn’t understand. He was now packing his things when his phone beeped.

It was a text from Kai saying that the sender was already sitting on the bench right in front of their gym waiting for him. He had promised to Kai that they will both try for that dance competition and will practice every day in the unoccupied gym till the date stated in the pamphlet arrives.

He took his bag and walked lazily towards his destination, that eerie feeling still lingering behind him.

When he arrived at the meeting place, he saw Kyungsoo seated in the edge of the bench as Kai was seating much more comfortable in the middle of it, with arms outstretched in each side as Kyungsoo’s hands were on his lap with his shoulders slight raised and cramped. Something was off between the two but he ignored it.

“Finally you’re here!” Kai jumped out of the bench before patting Jongup’s back and pushing him towards the gym, Kyungsoo followed suit without muttering a word.

Jongup stared at Kyungsoo’s shyly walking figure towards them but ignored it once again when the echoes of their footsteps filled his ears. The gym was really unoccupied with its flashy clean floors and dustless tables and chairs. They all placed their bags which were brought by Jongup himself on the floor before settling themselves in the middle of the court.

Kyungsoo stayed behind in the pile of bags with the mini speaker and a phone right beside him. He took it and pushed the green button before placing it back to watch at the two guys in the middle of the court.

Kai was the one who choreographed the dance routine and was sometimes changed by Jongup. They both had trusts with their abilities to dance and so their whole dance session went on without a single problem bugging them.

But then when they both stopped they had failed one single thing, time. They both looked at the opening of the gym and saw that the blue sky had already turned into mesh of orange and red. They both looked at Kyungsoo who had just given them a shrug and a puff then went up to give the two of them towels and bottles of water.

They both took it but Kai lingered his hand with Kyungsoo’s and the bottle more than Jongup. The latter found it quite weird since Kai had become touchier to Kyungsoo as the latter just took a step back and turned around completely flushed.

Something’s fishy and Jongup was curious about it.

He stared silently at them which caused the two in question look at him. Kai grinned and raised two of his fingers forming a peace sign as Kyungsoo just turned around and scampered towards the pile of bags. Jongup now knew what happened and knowing Kai, he had already claimed his prize for bugging Kyungsoo all throughout the year.

 

The trio went out of the gym, Kai holding two bags, his and Kyungsoo’s, Jongup holding his own bag and Kyungsoo hugging the mini speakers. Kai was laughing at his own jokes, Kyungsoo throwing small glances at him and Jongup not caring about things around him was what they were doing as they walk towards their own respective houses.

Kyungsoo was the first one who had arrive in his house, it’s the closest house among them. Kai was the second one after walking just a few blocks away from Kyungsoo’s while Jongup has the farthest house of the three.

He stared at the blinking green light of the street light, waiting for it to change into a red one so that he can walk across the street. He took his earphones and put it in his ears then played songs that he likes. It was a peaceful song and afternoon for him. The sun had already set right after Kai entered his house. He pulled his bag towards his chest and tugged a jacket from it.

The lights changed and the people around him started walking towards the other sidewalk, Jongup was still tugging his jacket out when the light changed. With eyes fixated on the bag and jacket of his, he started walking in small steps fearing that he might step into someone or bump into someone else. He was oblivious that a car was racing towards him, it was fast and the crowd around him gasps.

Jongup looked up and saw the car, he’s about to jump out of its way but then everything had already crashed. The car’s headlight hit him causing him to fly directly to the sides as the car hit the street light which was still blinking red.

Everyone was panicking, they all pulled their phones out and started dialling numbers. Most of them had already made a connection with the line they were calling to, some had just given up and went to the car and to the man who was hit by it.

Blood was everywhere, every part of Jongup was tainted with red.





*i'm back.

Hello~~??

Hahaha anyways, thanks for subscribing! Hope you guys stay with me through out the whole fanfic!
I've decided to update this first before my other fanfics, so i apologize for not updating the others
i'll be focusing to this first so that i wouldn't lose my muse or my inspiration for this fanfic that would leave me to a major writers block again.

Thanks and let's meet again in the next update! Bye!!