;; 1

Between Two Towers

“Mom?” a kid whined as he walks inside the pitch black rooms of their house. An eerie feel kept on crawling on the kid’s skin but he ignored it. He heard a thud inside the kitchen, using his hands he guided himself towards the source of the sound. It was dark, the atmosphere was heavy, everything was amiss, the feeling of fear was slowly squishing the life out of the kid’s heart. Despite the signs of an unwanted event, the kid continued moving, being pushed by curiosity. As the last inch of the wall that separates him from seeing the truth disappears, a scream came out form the kid’s mouth.

He fell on the floor, eyes nailed on the figure of her mother bathed in something the kid couldn’t see, a knife’s handle protruding on her chest. “M-mom…” he whimpered, knees slowly weakening. “M-mom …?” His voice was slowly fading, the shadows slowly crawling right behind the kid. “Mom? …” His hand finally reached the dead body of the female, it was cold, stiff and lifeless.

When his eyes started to familiarize with its surroundings, the kid saw another body next to her, It was his father. “F-father … M-mother .. w-why are you sleeping h-here?” his voice was shaking, terrified at the sight in front of him. A cackling thunder crossed the skies, a white thread of lightning lit the whole place, things became quite clearer than before, even though it’s just for a split second, the kid saw the current state of his parents, they were dead, bathing in their own red blood, life taken away from them by a stranger who entered their unlocked doors.

“M-mother … f-father WAKE UP!”

Jongup’s eyes shot open, sweat was making a trail on his face down to his bed, His hands clenching at the white sheets beneath it. He looked up and saw a taller man completely worried about his being. He slowly pushed himself upwards, still his breathing is irregular, and faced the man beside him. “Jongup, a-a dream again?” He said before sitting right beside him, he placed a hand on the younger’s bare shoulder and squeezed it for comfort.

“y-yes …” Jongup whispered before forcing a small stiff smile on his face. “I’m okay now, I’m … really okay now.” His voice clearly states the opposite of his words.

Obviously, Chanyeol didn’t believed him, everytime Jongup says he’s okay, it always means he’s not, and Chanyeol had already live half of his life with Jongup to know the difference between a real “i'm okay” to Jongup’s, but knowing how stubborn Jongup can be when it comes to his feelings, Chanyeol didn’t pry anymore. He placed his hand on the younger’s head before giving it a small ruffle. “Okay, but .. if you want to talk about something, I’m always here okay?”

The guy nodded his head before walking out of his bed. “Hyung, I have to get ready for school now.” He said before he turned around and started folding the sheets. “Ahh .. y-yes, anyways just come down and eat, food was already served, I’ll … go down now.” Chanyeol answered before dragging his foot towards the doorway. Chanyeol was about to turn to exit when Jongup’s voice rung inside the room. “Hyung … thank you.” Jongup said still his back facing Chanyeol. A smile formed on the taller male’s face. He turned around and said. “Don’t worry, I told you, I will be here right beside you forever.”