4| The last step

A demon’s possession.

Jinki woke up on the fourth day without pain. He looked around Minho’s bedroom, but soon discovered that he was alone. He tried to stand up, but he was sore over his whole body and sighed, closing his eyes. He got visions; someone talking to the priest. It didn’t take long before he knew that the one talking to the old man was Minho. It had to be something new after the bond. He was frightened by it, he didn’t want to know what Minho felt, saw or said. It would only hurt him more, that he knew. He wasn’t that naïve boy from four years ago, he was older and wiser now. He saw him talking to the priest and saw the frown on the other’s face, he couldn’t hear them, but he could smell the candles that were burning. He was worried, but he knew he couldn’t change the situation. He and Minho were bonded now, even though it wasn’t the end. There minds were one, there souls were the same – or better, his soul was from Minho now, but their bodies were still apart. That would change today, today Jinki would lose his ity. He felt nervous all of a sudden, not sure if he was ready for that step and it felt like his master could sense it, because the vision showed how Minho stood up and walked through the hallways, in the direction of the room Jinki was in at the moment.

The door opened and there was Minho, looking worried. He sighed relieved when he saw his slave. He wasn’t in pain, not anymore and that made Minho feel better. He walked towards the bed and sat down, pulling Jinki on his lap, forcing the boys arms around his neck before resting his hands on the boy’s hips. He kissed Jinki’s forehead before looking in his warm eyes. He smiled a little, knowing that Jinki didn’t fear him and he felt the nervousness slowly disappear. “How do you feel?”, he asked.
Jinki bit his lip, just looking at his master, not wanting to answer, because he still felt weak. He only tightened his grip around the older’s neck, hiding his face there, smelling Minho’s scent. He knew that he was being clingy, but he needed it at this moment. “Are you in pain?”
Jinki shook his head, sighing happily. He felt Minho’s hands move until they were on his back, rubbing his skin, trying to relax him. It worked and soon he lay in the arms of his master on the bed. His head rested on Minho’s muscular chest and he could hear the man’s heartbeat. He was curled against his master’s body, not planning on letting go. Minho’s fingers were his cheek and he felt lips on his forehead from time to time. He looked up with a smile on his face. “When?”
He said nothing more, but Minho knew what Jinki meant with that. He chuckled and his slave’s cheek, kissing his nose. “Tonight. I will ask someone to take you to the bathroom so you can wash yourself. I have to leave within a few minutes, but I will be here when you return. Okay?”
Jinki only nodded, closing his eyes again. He knew that Minho could feel that he was still a little nervous and the older one tried everything to calm him. He felt safe in the arms of his master and he wanted to stay in this position forever, but that was something that was impossible. He was almost sleeping when he felt Minho under him move. He made a protesting sound, but he only received a chuckle. “I have to go, Jinki. Sleep. You need your rest, the last few days have been very hard for you. Sleep now and someone will wake you up within a few hours.”
Jinki felt lips on his own and kissed his master back before turning to his side and falling asleep.

✘----------------------

Jinki woke up a few hours later when he heard an unfriendly voice calling his name. He opened his eyes, still tired. He looked around the room and saw Key. The demon looked mad and annoyed. “Finally. You’re such a lazy human. Get up, you need to wash yourself before the last step.”
Jinki stood up, but tripped because of the blankets around his body. He hissed when he felt a pain going through his weaker wrist. It was his weak spot since the first day he came here. Key didn’t even move and just rolled his eyes, sighing. “Stupid, useless human”, he mumbled, making sure Jinki could hear him. He turned around and left the room, not even bothering to look if everything was alright with the human boy. He didn’t want to be in the same as the boy much longer and started walking, hearing someone running after him and he knew it was Jinki. He hated the boy with all his heart. He never understood why Jonghyun liked him so much and why Minho was so close to him. He was tiny, weak, clumsy, shy and clingy. He was also dumb and never said something clever, always laughing with other’s jokes. He was a puppet, nothing more. He stopped in front of a door and opened it, gesturing Jinki to walk inside. He followed the boy and closed the door. They were in one of the large bathrooms. Jinki looked around, feeling lost. “Well, aren’t you going to undress? You have to shower.”
Key sounded annoyed and Jinki didn’t dare to look the demon in the eyes. Everyone knew he hated being in front of someone else. “I – I know, but… but… Is it possible for you to leave? P-please?”, Jinki stuttered, blushing heavily now.
He looked at the demon in the room, but Key didn’t move. He just looked at the boy’s chest and sighed. “I don’t have time for this. No, I’m not leaving.”
“But – Jonghyun… He – he always leaves the room so I can undress. He knows I hate being na- when others are in the same room as me. Please, Key… I – I beg you. I don’t want to undress when you’re here and Jonghyun-”
“I’m not Jonghyun. Now, undress.”
Jinki started to breathe fast, not wanting to do it. He was trembling and hoped that his master could feel his despair. He wanted to throw up and curl up into a ball. He held his hand infront of his chest, trying to cover the skin. It had been years since he last was forced to undress and all the unpleasant feelings were coming back.

Key rolled his eyes again, pushed Jinki against a wall and forced the boy to look at him. He took his wrists in one hand, stopping Jinki from struggling and took of the last pieces of clothing. Jinki started to cry. He was so, so scared. He was always scared to show his body to anyone. The only three persons who have seen him were his mother, Minho and Jonghyun. And now Key. Jinki started to sob, he was trembling and fell to the Floor, trying to hide his body from the demon. The floor was cold, but he didn’t feel it. He could only feel Key’s gaze on his body. The demon pulled the boy up and ignored the pained sound that left his lips. He threw him in the water and just stood there. Jinki didn’t dare to move and stayed in the water, not looking at the demon. He just stared at the water, crying. He could hear his own sobs, but it was impossible to stop. He had never felt so humiliated in his whole life. Key groaned, annoyed. He pulled Jinki back up at his hair, knowing that it hurt the boy. He slammed him against the wall. “Weak, weak human. You’re such an annoying crybaby.”
He kept slamming the weak boy against the wall until he had enough of playing with him and his screams. He slammed Jinki’s head one last time against the wall and the boy fell on the ground, unconscious.

✘----------------------

Jinki felt cold water hit his body and gasped for air. He wanted to get up, but chaines kept him in place. The cold water made his whole body tremble. He moaned and looked around, scared. He soon discovered that he was still and he started to cry. He was more worried about his body than about his position. He saw Key, looking down at him. “Key?”, he whispered, his voice hoarse.
The demon only smirked, but he could see that the demon was enjoying it. Jinki could see it in his eyes. He saw dark shadows around Key and he know that those creatures were weak, low-ranked demons. They couldn’t transform into an animal or a human. It was something that took a lot of energy and they didn’t have enough of it. He didn’t know where he was and why he was kidnapped by Key. His master trusted Key and the demon betrayed him. He wanted to speak, but a spell took away his voice. He started to cry again, harder this time. Where was Minho? His master must be able to sense his fear. “You know, Jinki. If you’re away from your master for too long, you will die. The only thing that can save you is the physical bond and I don’t want that to happen. I want to keep you away from him for just enough time to weaken you so much that you die a very slowly and painful death.”
Jinki was shocked and only one word was going through his mind ‘why’. He knew that the confusion was written on his face and Key decided that it was only fair to tell him why he wanted the slave to die. “You know, Jinki… It’s nothing personal, it’s not that I only hate you. I hate every human slave that comes here, every slave that steps into this world. Because they replace Taemin, they think that they can replace Taemin. Taemin was an angel, unique and beautiful. You’re just an annoying, clingy little . I don’t know why Minho is so fond of you and why Jonghyun likes to be your friend. You can’t replace my little angel, my lovely baby. I felt a very strong bond with him, not that I wanted to be his lover, but I felt a connection… Like he really understood me and he left the demon world, he left me alone. No one was able to stay alive until the ceremony, but here you are… The most vulnerable and shy one of them all, the weakest one… And you, you… You are still alive and I want you dead. Just like all the others. Taemin is the one who deserves to live.”


Now you all know why Key hates Jinki.