1| His twelfth birthday

A demon’s possession.

Jinki woke up and he smiled. He knew what day it was, it was his birthday. And the now twelve-years-old Jinki wa excited. He would get present and the food he liked. He was the only son, he had six sisters. Three of them were older than him and then you had his two little sisters who were only five years old. He liked them, because they always wanted to play with him. He liked playing with his sister, he liked to cook food for his family. He went to a little school, but he knew that it wasn’t possible for him to go to an university, even when it was his dream. He thought that it was because he had to work, because he didn’t know that it was the year that the demon’s would be back on earth to take their victims.

The boy slept alone in a room, but the room was just big enough to place a bed and a little closet. He didn’t have more furniture. His two youngest sisters slept in the same room as his parents and his other sisters had their own space in the attic. He wasn’t jealous of them, no, because he didn’t know if he would survive living with his older sisters. He didn’t understand them and he didn’t want to hear him talk about a handsome guy they saw.

Jinki left his room to take a quick shower before he walked into the living room with a smile. His smile disappeared when he saw his mother, crying. She had tears streaming down her face and her body was shaking. His two little sisters tried calming her, while his father had his arm around her shoulder, rubbing her arm with his hand. He didn’t see his other sisters, but they were probably to their dancing lessons. Jinki ran toward his mother, kneeling in front of her. He didn’t know what to do. He had seen his mother cry before, but it looked so much worse than before. It looked like she didn’t know how to stop her tears from flowing. She tried to smile when she saw her only son, but she only cried more. “Oh, my dear son. I – I will miss you. Please forgive us. Forgive us. Forgive us.”
Jinki didn’t know what to answer and just held her hand, trying to calm her. Why weren’t they happy? It was his birthday and he was finally twelve. He wanted to know if he got that puzzle he really wanted, but didn’t dare to ask it.

He just wanted to ask what was wrong when something changed. The lights went off before going on again, but the lights were dimmed. His little sisters started to cry and his mother tensed. She knew what was coming and didn’t dare to look her son in the eyes. She just looked at her trembling hands on her lap. She took deep breaths so she would calm down, but it didn’t work. Jinki looked around, but it became black before his eyes. He felt shadows around him, hugging him close. He couldn’t breath and he gasped for air, but he felt how the grip on his body tightened. His body fell on the ground and his mother screamed. She saw how her son’s body was swallowed by dark forces. The shadows vanished and so her son’s body. She lost her son. She knew that she wouldn’t see him anymore. It hurt, yes, it hurt. She felt like she would never get better again. She wanted the pain to stop, but nothing helped. She saw her two youngest children at her feet. They looked around, not knowing what had just happened.


✘----------------------

Jinki woke up in a room he didn’t know. It was cold and a wind was blowing. He felt dizzy and moaned in discomfort. He wanted to know where he was, but no place he ever visited looked like this. He lay on the ground, it was made of a dark stone, possibly black marble. He leaned on his arms as he tried to sit up.

A door opened and someone stepped inside. It was a rather feminine looking man, but his dark eyes looked threatening. He pulled the boy up, ignoring the pained sounds he made. Jinki found it difficult to keep up with the fast pace. Their reached another door and the man threw the boy inside, not caring where he landed. Jinki groaned when he landed in his left hand and he felt a sting of pain in his left wrist. He stood up with tears in his eyes. He was confused, scared and alone. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t dare to move, so he just sat on the cold ground. He held his left wrist in his right hand, trying to ease the pain.


He didn’t know how long he was there before another door opened and a lion stepped inside. Jinki didn’t dare to move. He was afraid to breath, to make any sound, but he just looked the animal in the eyes. The lion looked at him, circled around the boy. He didn’t growl or attack, he just watched the boy. The form started to fade and a man appeared not long after that. Jinki gasped when he saw a handsome man in front of him. The man grinned and kneeled in front of the boy, taking his head in his big arms. “Are you the fourth child of the Lee family?”
Jinki kept looking in the dark eyes while nodding, his wrist still in his right hand. He bit on his lip, his thin and little body shaking a little. “Are you scared?”
Jinki nodded again, but this time he looked away from those captivating eyes. He looked at the ground, the white lines that were spread inside the black marble. He heard a soft laugh and looked up again, seeing the man’s sharp teeth. “What’s your name, little boy?”
“My - my name is Lee Jinki.”

The man didn’t reply to that. Jinki started to get nervous and looked at his wrist. It looked a bit swollen and red. He tried to move his fingers, but found it difficult to do so. He kept moving his fingers until he could feel them again. It meant that nothing was broken. He looked in the man’s eyes again, because he didn’t know why the man didn’t tell him his name. It seemed that the man wanted Jinki to look at him before speaking again. “Jinki, you're mine from now on. My name is Choi Minho, but I want you to call me master unless I tell you that you can call me Minho.”
Jinki was shocked and his whole body started to shake even more. He started to breath fast and uncontrollably. He didn’t know what to do when he began to see black spots in his vision. He felt the pain in his wrist and the fast beating of his heart. He didn’t see how Minho changed back to his animal form and he didn’t feel how he hit the marble floor. He tried to register all the information. Did his family know that this was going to happen? Was that the reason why his mother was crying when he went to the living room? Is that why she told him that she was sorry?


✘----------------------

Jinki woke up in another room. It was a dark room with no windows. The floor was a dark wood and the walls were a dark grey. The room was larger than his room at home and the bed he was laying on was also larger. He saw that he had a bandage around his wrist and he was wearing other clothes then he was in the morning. He didn’t know what time it was and how long he had slept. His head hurt and he could feel the pounding of his heart. There was a little note on his nightstand and he picked it up.


“Say the name ‘Jonghyun’ and the demon will come to your room. He will tell you what to do. Obey him and he won’t harm you.
Minho.”


Jinki just looked at the paper in his hand, re-reading one word over and over again. ‘Demon’. Was that what Minho was and the man that had hurt him? He whispered the name Jonghyun and was shocked to find a man in his room. “You called me.”
The demon, whose name was Jonghyun, stood in the middle of the room, looking at him. Jinki could feel that the familiar anxiety building up. He never was so scared in his life then that he was right know. It was his birthday, this was supposed to be a happy day. It was supposed to be filled with presents, love and smiles. And here he was, hurt and shaking. Jinki gave the demon the paper and looked at the wooden floor. He made a surprised sound when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Jonghyun was closer this time and it frightened him that he didn’t hear the man move. “You have to come with me.”

The boy obeyed and followed the man. He was lead out of the room, into one of the many hallways. He kept looking at the ground, following the demon’s bare feet with his eyes. He stopped when the man in front of him came to a halt and followed him into another room. Jonghyun took a black cloth and placed it on front of the boys eyes. He forced the boy to sit on a chair and looked at the fragile kid. He felt somehow sad that he was the fourth child of the Lee family, but there was nothing he could do about it. He took the boy’s thin wrists and tied them together. “What - what are you doing?”, asked the boy. His voice was quiet, full of fear.
“Just stay still and it won’t hurt as much.”
“What? Hurt? What are you going to do? Please - please... Tell me, what am I doing here? Why am I here? Why?”
Jinki didn’t have a chance to say anything else before he felt something burning his flesh. He screamed until the only thing he could do was sob. He felt an immense pain in his right shoulder and tears were streaming down his cheeks, making the cloth before his eyes wet.


Hello everyone! Thank you for reading this story. I hope you enjoyed reading the first story and I will tell you something: this story is going to have 8 to 10 chapters.