3| The ceremony

A demon’s possession.

The music stopped and every person in the room stopped talking. They didn't dare to make a sound. The priest started to say things in a language Jinki didn't understand. He kept looking at his hands until an invisible power forced him to close his eyes. He let it all happen, knowing that he couldn't stop it even if he wanted to. He felt how the mark on his shoulder started to burn and his mouth opened in a doubtless scream. His whole body began shaking while he felt the burn becoming worse and worse. He still had his eyes closed and couldn't stop his body from moving. He wanted to cry, to scream, but he didn't have the power to do it. He only think he felt was the immense pain inside his body. He didn't hear the words the priest was saying, he couldn't see the worried look in Minho's eyes and he couldn't smell the smell of burned flesh that came from his shoulder. Jinki fell on the ground without a warning and the priest began saying the words with a louder voice. Jinki was lifted off the ground, his eyes still closed. He felt the flames inside his body, burning him alive. He was a little puppet and no one was going to save him. He knew that much. He felt how he was being pulled upwards, until his feet didn't touch the ground anymore. He was scared, but couldn't ask for help or open his eyes to see how high he really was. The pain was still there and he felt how his heart was beating fast, too fast. His shoulder was burning and the fire inside him became hotter and hotter. He wanted to escape and never return, but it was too late. There was no turning back now. His eyes opened, but he only saw white.

Minho looked at the boy, at his thin figure. His skin was paler than ever and he was shaking. He knew that he couldn't stop it. Jinki was receiving the flame that lived him, inside the tiger demon he was. Minho felt how he became stronger and stronger, he felt the connection with Jinki becoming stronger. The boy was lifted off the ground and Minho felt a calm wash over him. It was refreshing, something new and pleasant. He heard how the priest said the last word and Jinki opened his eyes. They were a burning red and he looked right into Minho's eyes without knowing it. He fell on the ground seconds later and Minho wanted to help him, but the priest told him not to. Some girls dressed in white took the unconscious boy away. "Tomorrow is it time for the next step. You have to take his soul", the priest said before leaving the room. Minho just sat there, seeing the others leave one by one, until only Jonghyun stayed by his side. "You need to rest. You will need all your strength tomorrow. Jinki will suffer even more in the next step, so please, be strong and don't stop the ceremony before the last step. If you stop midway, Jinki will die."
Minho only nodded before standing up.

✘----------------------

Jinki woke up the next morning and he first thing he noticed was that he was only wearing a black skirt. Cold metal chains were holding his hands above his head and his ankles spread apart. The fire I side his body was still burning and he felt how something was taken out of him. It felt like he was losing himself and he had to close his eyes because everything around him was spinning. He felt empty, like he wasn't himself anymore and like he wasn't in control of his emotions and thoughts. He felt like he was pulled towards something at the other side of the room and he just knew that it was his master, Minho. He moved his fingers, but groaned painfully. It felt like thousand dagger were put in his body. He felt the cold metal touching his skin, breaking it and he started screaming. He could handle the burning, because he knew that it was impossible to burn on the inside, but the daggers on his skin, they just felt so real. He couldn't open his eyes because of the pain inside his head, but he could imagine all the metal blades inside his skin, going deeper and deeper. He felt how they touched his organs and veins. He could feel the blood pouring out the different wounds on his skin. Jinki tried to move, but the chains were holding him in place. The boy felt himself losing all grip on his body for the second time. It felt like he want the one who was screaming, who was feeling the pain and the burn, it felt like it wasn't his body that was squirming on the bed with the once white sheets now covered in red liquid. His blood.

Minho heard his slave scream and opened his eyes, he saw the pained expression the boy had and rushed towards him. He remembered Jonghyun’s words and concentrated on taking Jinki's soul. He kept pulling it out of the fragile body under him and he kissed the boys hot and broken lips, feeling blood slushy inside his mouth. He drank everything up, together with the last remains of Jinki's soul. He kept his lips on the now burning lips and held his hands on Jinki's stomach, pushing the boy into the bed, keeping him calm. Jinki's eyes opened again and they still had the same red colour, but Minho knew that this wasn't his slave, that this wasn't the boy he got to know over the past few years. He his lips, tasting the blood on them before pulling back. Jinki was nothing more than an empty body at this moment, but that would change soon. He unchained the boy, letting him rest for the rest of the day. The demon knew that Jinki wouldn't wake up before tomorrow so there was no point in staying in this room.

✘----------------------

Jinki opened his eyes on the third day and he felt better. The wounds from the dagger were health and he didn't see only white when he opened his eyes. He moaned tired and felt how the flames in his body were still burning, but they were slowly turning into ash, which gave a pleasant warmth. He felt calm for the first time in weeks and he saw that the chains around his wrists and ankles were gone. He turned to his side, careful not to rest in his left shoulder where his mark was still burning. He closed his eyes and a wave of cold water washed over him, making sure that every little fire inside him was extinguished. He smiled content and closed his eyes again, ready to sleep when he felt another wave of cold water. And another one. It didn't stop and Jinki was soaked. His lips were an unhealthy blue colour and he was trembling from the cold. He had troubles to breath and he tried to warm himself be rubbing his arms and pulling his knees to his chest. The water didn't stop coming and Jinki was forced to lay on his back, on the mark on his shoulder. That was the only place that was burning, while the rest of his body was frozen. He wanted this to end, he wanted to scream for his master, but he couldn't open his mouth. No one came to help him and he knew that it would always be like that. He was he helpless human that was a bother to anyone. He felt how knives were poking at his skin, testing him. They wanted to see his reaction. But he bit on his lip, Shaking his head violently. He wouldn't lose, not this time, not again. He had to be strong, but the knives were stronger than him. It was a battle he was doomed to lose. He flinched when the first knife entered his body, directly frozen inside his skin.

Minho sat by the priest, who was saying the last few lines of the text. "We let him rest a few hours before we continue. Tomorrow is the last step, Minho. Be sure to do it right. Make the bond between you two very strong and unbreakable. You have to do it tomorrow, otherwise he will lose his strength and die after a few days. It's up to you, because you are already stronger now that you did your part, but know that Jinki gave you his power. Are you going to continue?"
Minho only nodded. The priest sighed before leaving the room, sensing that the demon in front of him needed time. It had been a long time since he had done this ritual and he was forgotten how painful and tiring it was for the human. He didn’t feel any regret, because Jinki would eventually die, it didn’t matter when or how.


There will be mistakes, but I will fix them tomorrow and I will add a picture then.