7| The healing

A demon’s possession.

 

Minho sat down on a chair in the corner of his room. Jinki lay on his bed, bandages were covering his wrists, neck, ankles and chest. He looked horrible, but it was all Key's fault. He had thrown Key in the dungeons, where all the other criminals were held. He first thought about tying him up, , so all the other demon's could do what he wanted to him. He didn't do it in the end, Jonghyun convinced him that he was a better person then Key. He just tied him to a bar in the wall, but he could still stand up, sit and sleep, even walk a little. He didn't want to give the demon too much freedom, because Key was strong. He wasn't stronger than Jonghyun or Minho, but stronger than a regular demon. Something snapped inside him after Taemin's death and he couldn't think straight anymore.

 

The demon sighed as he stood up, walked to the bed and placed a kiss on the boy's forehead. He knew Jinki was still weak from what happened. The bonding helped his body, but it wasn't enough. It took too long before they did it and Jinki is the one who feels the pain. He sighed again, smiling sad. The placed his hand on the boy's cheek, feeling a little better when Jinki leaned into his touch. He smiled in his sleep and turned his body to lay on his right side.

 

"Thank you."

An unfamiliar voice was saying those two words to Jinki and he looked around, confused. Who was talking to him? He didn't see another person, the only thing he saw was white. Everything around him was white. He wasn't scared, he was calm and relaxed, but the voice startled him. "For what?" he asked, trying to get a response.

It was quiet for a few seconds and Jinki started to believe he had imagined it. "For not dying. For staying at Minho's side, for not leaving him."

"Who are you?"

Jinki was confused. How was it possible the voice knew so much about him? He was sure he' never heard that voice before and he didn't know anyone besides Jonghyun who would thank him for staying with Minho. It was silent again and Jinki looked around, still searching for the owner of the voice. "I'm Taemin."

"Taemin? Key's Taemin? Dead Taemin?"

There was a giggle and a white light. The human was forced to close his eyes and there was a boy with white wings standing in front of him when he opened them again. The boy was still giggling and his long hair was moving elegantly over his shoulder. "I'm not really dead and I'm also not Key's. He blames himself for what I've done, but it's not his fault. It was my own choice and now I'm in Heaven. I have a very happy, satisfying life up there, but it hurts me to see Key so angry. And I really like you, Jinki. You're the best partner Minho has ever had and I believe you will stay. You two are meant to be together, I can see it."

"What do you mean? I - I don't understand -"

"Everything will be explained to you once you wake up. Hurry, because Minho is waiting for you."

"Minho? How do you know that? Why are you even here?"

Jinki wanted to ask so many questions, but Taemin only giggled, shaking his head. "Just wake up, Jinki."

 

Jinki opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was Minho's face. He was dizzy and the ceiling behind the demon was spinning. "Jinki", Minho whispered, taking one of the boy's hands, pressing it against his chest.

"You're finally awake."

"Where am I? Where is Key? He - he... And Jonghyun?"

"Shh, Key is locked up. He won't come back up until I say so and I don't want him to ever come into my palace again. That I once thought of him as a friend. Jonghyun is resting, he's a great person, but not as strong as me and he doesn't have a bonded person, so it takes longer for him to heal."

"How long have I been out?"

"Two days, Jinki. Do you know how worried I was? I could feel you die. I could feel your pain and loneliness. You were so afraid and I just couldn't find you. The only thing I know for sure was that it had something to do with Key. That's all. You've had a blood transfusion because you lost a lot of blood. I can't believe Key dared to drink from you. You're mine and mine only. And now I can't drink from you, because you're too weak."

Jinki smiled a little, happy to be next to Minho. He didn't mind being here, not anymore. This was where he belonged and he finally understood that. This was his home now and he didn't mind it. Minho lay himself on the bed and pulled Jinki on him. His fingers brushing through the boy's longer hair as he heard the steady heartbeat. Jinki relaxed and closed his eyes. They stayed like that for a few minutes before the human boy opened his eyes again. "I talked to Taemin. He told me that you were waiting for me to wake up."

Minho chuckled and kissed Jinki's nose. "I know, Jinki, I know. He's not dead, if that's what you want to know. He moved from here to the Heavens. To the highest circle of light where he is right next to the leader. He didn't belong here, Jinki, but you do belong here. You need to rest, go back to sleep and I will explain everything once you get better."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

 

--------------------------------------

 

Minho woke up when Jonghyun entered the room. The demon looked good, he was grinning and walking without troubles. He looked healthy again. He also noticed that Jinki was still laying on him, his head on the demon's chest. "Shh, Jinki is sleeping", Minho whispered and the other nodded in response, not saying a word.

He say down on the edge of the bed, looking at the sleeping figure on Minho's body. He chuckles at how adorable and innocent the other looked in his sleep. He let his fingers run through the boy's hair and smiled when he felt Jinki move. Minho also looked at the human, having a loving smile on his face. He placed a hand on his lower back, his thumb the skin there. The skin was warm and that was a good sign. Jinki was getting better, he was recovering and it made the demon less worried. He felt the body move and placed a gentle kiss on Jinki's nose. The human opened his eyes, blinked a few times and finally understood where he was. He looked at Minho, smiled and placed a little kiss on his lips. "Hey, Jinki. I'm also here!", Jonghyun complained.

Jinki blushed and looked at the demon, standing up and planting himself on Jonghyun's lap. He hugged the other and looked at his face. "Are you alright? Minho told me you weren't fully healed yet and I was so worried."

Jonghyun chuckled and ruffled the boy's hair, what earned him a pout. "I'm alright. You should worry about yourself. Your condition was more worse and you may look and feel better, you still need to rest."

Jinki nodded as the good boy he was before looking at Minho. He patted on the spot next to Jonghyun and the demon obeyed, sitting there. "Happy?", he asked.

The human nodded and smiled. This was where he belonged. Close to Minho, his master and lover, the love of his life and Jonghyun, his loyal best friend. He didn't want to go back to Earth, not after everything what had happened and what the other's had done for him. He appriciated it and he knew they were going to protect him for the rest of his life. Key was locked up and he couldn't hurt him anymore and he also knew Taemin was looking at him from above, also protecting him and giving him love and strength.


100 subs? O.O Thank you guys!
& the next chapter will be the end. It will be updated Sunday or next week. I will depend at how good the writing goes.