2| The preparations

A demon’s possession.

Jinki woke up in the arms of his master, Minho. The strong arms were wrapped around his middle and their legs were entangled. Jinki just lay there, waiting for his master to wake up. He discovered a lot about this word over the past four years. That there was a reason why he was in this place. The Lee family made a pact thousands of years ago with a demon, Minho’s father. They would live a luxurious life if they gave their fourth child to the demon. Minho’s father died, but the curse on his family remained and every hundred years, Minho claimed the fourth child of the Lee family as his slave. No one ever told him about the pact and he never knew that he was the one that would become the possession of a demon. He knew that he had to follow every order and that he wasn’t allowed to leave the castle, walk alone in the garden and he also wasn't allowed to make contact with his family. He was forced to live in darkness and he knew that this day, on his sixteenth birthday, a new ceremony would take place. It was the day he would give himself fully to his master. They would bond with mind and body. And it scared him.

Jinki turned his head, looking at the ceiling. He sighed and let his hand go through his now longer hair.  Minho liked it when his hair was a bit longer then normal, but he didn't want his slave to have such a long hair that he looked like a woman. Jinki thought a lot in his place. He felt a slight pain on his shoulder, where a lion was burned into his flesh. It had the letter 'M' under it. It was his mark, it showed the others that he was Minho's and that every person who dare lay a finger on him, would die. He felt the grip around his body tighten and he heard a low moan coming from the man next to him. Minho opened his eyes, looking at Jinki.

Jinki became a beautiful boy over the years. His skin was white and soft. Minho was truly grateful that he got such a nice boy. He was still shy when it came to his body. Minho forced him to bath with him, but he always tried to cover up his body and he was blushing the whole time. He didn't mind that all the other demons were , but he himself refused to do so. Minho accepted it after a while, because Jinki would end up crying in his lap, his head in the crook of the demon's neck.

Minho pulled the human closer and pressed him against his body. Jinki responded immediately, rolling to his side, facing his master. "Good morning."
It was just a whisper, but Minho could hear it loud and clear. “Happy birthday, Jinki”, said Minho.
Jinki just nodded, closing his eyes. “When will the ceremony take place?”, asked he.
Minho kissed him at the side of his mouth, trying to calm the boy. He knew that it would be painful for him, but it was a tradition. They would become one and they would share their pain, hope and love. It wouldn’t hurt the demon, he knew that, but it would hurt the human a lot. “It will take place before midnight. I will tell Jonghyun to take care off you the rest of the day. I have to prepare myself.”
Jinki hummed, making clear that he understood his master. He felt soft lips on his own and closed his eyes. He opened his mouth without protest, allowing his master to slip his tongue into his mouth.

✘----------------------

Jinki liked Jonghyun. Jonghyun was a demon that could transform into a dog and he was very loyal. He could make Jinki laugh even when he was sad or lonely. He considered the demon as his friend. He was shorter than Jinki, but very muscular, so he was also Jinki’s guard. They spend a lot of time together. He would always be with the human when he wanted to walk through the garden, in the countless hallways or when he took a bath. Minho didn’t dare to leave Jinki alone, but he was busy with his work, so it was impossible for him to be at Jinki’s side every second of the day.

Jinki didn’t like Key, though. His real name was Kim Kibum, but he forced everyone to call him Key. He was the one with the feminine features, the one who hurt him when he pulled him into the dark room the day he first arrived. He ignored Jinki most of the time and only looked at the boy when he had to. He never smiled at him or greeted him, never tried to get to know the human and Jinki didn't know why. Key didn't even try to like him. Jinki didn’t know why the demon hated him so much, because he never asked to be taken away from his family. He was forced to live with Minho and still... Key made him feel useless, small, weak and anxious.

✘----------------------

Jinki was dressed in his ceremony clothes. He wore a silver colored T-shirt and a long, black skirt with a black cloak. He wore bracelets with his master’s logo on it. He didn’t have the feeling that anyone knew that it was his birthday, because everybody was busy with the ceremony that they forgot about the human’s feelings. They were excited for their ruler and that he finally got a new slave. Jinki would lose his title as slave after this day, but it didn’t change much about how he felt. He still felt like an intruder in this world. He lived besides all these strong men and women and he feared most of them. He knew that they looked down on him and that they wanted him to disappear. They wanted Minho to marry a real, pure-blood demon so that he would have an heir. And Jinki, being a boy, couldn’t give the demon a child and even if he could... The child would have a human as parent and that was unacceptable. He was truly afraid of what would happen when he woke up the next morning. Many people were against him, were against the curse that lay upon his family. They wanted him dead, gone forever. He knew what they thought, how they felt about him, but they never said it in front of him or when his master was near him. He could hear them talk when he passed by or when he just sat down on the floor and they gave him dirty looks. He was scared of them and didn’t dare tell Minho about it. He didn’t want to bother his master with his problems. Even after all that happened to him, he still respected the demon.

He was scared. He had heard what he had to do, but it had been a long time ago since they have done the ceremony for the last time. Most of the times, the human didn't even survive for four years. He had heard the story about a girl.

Her name was Sora and she had beautiful dark brown hair and warm brown eyes. She was petite and had full lips. She was the definition of the world beauty at that time. She was the fourth child of the Lee family hundreds of years ago and she was brought to Hell. She couldn't deal with it and even after three years, when she turned fifteen, she still didn't feel comfortable in this world. She had been reading and studying most of the time, telling the others that she wanted to do something useful with her time, but the demons didn't know that she was reading books with spells and dark magic. She went to the forbidden section in the library and learned a spell that could bring her back to the real world, to her family. She tried the spell the day she turned fifteen, but it didn't work, not like she wanted. She lost control and the sadness was consuming everything in her little room, taking everything to another place. She didn't know where, be she knew that it wasn't Earth. She couldn't stop it and the portal became bigger. Jonghyun and Minho were the first to arrive at her room and together they managed to close the portal, but Sora was already dead. She was so weak because the dark magic had drained all her energy and she died.

That was the reason why there was always a demon at the forbidden section, to make sure that no human would ever enter that side of the library. Jinki also knew the story of someone else, a boy that had been the possession of Minho's father. His name was Taemin.

Taemin was a happy boy and still stayed himself when he was dragged down to Hell. Everybody took a liking to him, even the always cold Key. It was a miracle. He stayed by Minho's father's side and supported the demon. No one could guess that he was dying inside, that he craved to see the sunlight again. He wanted to swim in the sea, walk along the beach and dance with his siblings. But that was impossible and he knew that. He was thinking about a plan. He thought about different ways to end his life. He couldn't cut himself, because the demon's would smell his blood and locking himself up so he would starve to death wasn't an option either. He decided to jump out off the window of the highest tower when most of the demons were asleep. So one night, before he turned sixteen, ended he his life by jumping from the highest tower. Some demons found him in the morning, dead on the ground. It was said that you couldn't recognize him anymore. His face was covered in blood, his nose had an unnatural form and his lips were open. Both his wrists were broken and he had a large cut on his side, probably from one if the sharp plants that grew on the tower. They only knew it was him because he was the only human on the world at that time and he was the only one who couldn't be found.

Jinki visited that tower often, looking at the dark world under him. It was the closest he could get to his parents and it was quiet there. No one bothered him, he couldn't hear the insults and mean things that the others said about him. It was a place where he allowed himself to cry, to be sad. He had to be strong everyday, but not there. It was where he could do what he wanted and no one would come up there to ask him what was wrong. Not that anyone bothered, anyway. He thought a lot about the boy, Taemin. He had the strange feeling that the boy was watching him every time he was up there. Sitting on the windowsill with his head rating against the cold brick wall. It was like the boy whispered to him not to jump. He never thought about killing himself or escaping this world, because he knew it was impossible and honestly... He was scared of death.


Here we are again! Thanks to everyone who subscribed and commented.