SuLay and KaiSoo Moments

Love In Friends

KAI P.O.V

Tao and Kris had left late that night; Kris hording leftover biscuits in the pocket of his jacket. Kai made a mental note to make more over the weekend. But, he may need a little help.

---

The following morning, Kai rung up a few of his old buddies: Suho and Kyungsoo. He knew for a fact that Kyungsoo loved cooking, and Suho... well, he hadn't seen the red head in quite a while. So, why not?
He had known the two for many years; but, they were always busy lately, and hadn't managed time to visit.

Kai didn't mind, though. He got closer with Kris and, now, Tao. He met Kris a year previously, at a local club. Not that he actually drank, but he felt the need to go. And now, he felt glad that he did.

 

'JONGIN! WE HAVE ARRIVED!' God, Kyunggie is loud...
'Kyungsoo? Suho?' Kai turned the corner of the kitchen and almost ran straight into the wide-eyed boy. 'Kyaah! Kyungsoo, don't do that!' Kai hit the boy on the shoulder, while the latter and Suho burst out laughing. 'Anyways, nice to see you guys again! I missed you ever so much...'
   Soo and Suho rushed forwards to give Kai a crushing hug, and he almost fell backwards onto the floor. Almost.
'Aww, we missed you too, bro! How long has it been?' Suho asked, as the two let go of the other.
   'Eh, about five months... I guess.' Kai rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand. He laughed awkwardly as he looked at Suho. What he didn't see, however, was Kyungsoo staring at him intently, eyeing up a part of exposed skin as Kai's shirt lifted up.

'So, what are we here for, Kai?' Kyungsoo asked.
   'Well, I thought it'd be nice to hang out with you guys, and catch up. Also, I need to make some more biscuits -Kris eats a lot.' Kai laughed, earning grins from the other two.
   'Sounds like a plan, Jonggie!' Suho pat the latter's back as he barged into the apartment, eyeing up the new furniture and photos. 'Hey, who's this? Kris gotta boyfriend, now?'
   Kai looked up; Suho was pointing at a photo of a black-haired boy standing next to the taller blonde. Kai just giggled awkwardly. 'Nah. That's Zitao, a chinese friend of Kris's. I met him about a month or two ago. I can arrange you guys to meet him sometimes!' Kai hoped that his blush wasn't obvious.

'Sounds like fun! So, Kai... How has life been, huh?'

---

Kai sat on the couch, in the same place Tao was last night, facing the other two males. They were exchanging photos of their own separate lives. Kyungsoo had a few selcas of him in his work uniform, and Suho had -quite a lot of- shots of him and an unfamiliar brown-haired boy sitting in cafes and parks. One of them that interested Kai the most, and made him a little curious,  was Suho and the boy with their arms wrapped around eachother, the red head kissing the other's nose.
   'If anyone has a boyfriend now, it'd be you, Suho! Who is this?' Kai showed the photo to Suho; it was clear on Kyungsoo's face that he had never seen the picture before.
   Suho blushed madly, and snatched the picture out of the male's hands. He stuffed the photo into the pocket of his jacket, and huffed angrily. 'You weren't supposed to see that.' Suho was studying the ground intently.
   'Oh, really? Care to enlighten us? You got us all curious.'
'Yeah, tell us!' Kyungsoo lept up and whacked the other boy on the shoulder. 'You been keeping stuff from me? I tell you all my secrets!' As if Kyungsoo realised that what he said should have stayed a secret, he flicked his eyes towards Kai and then blushed red. He turned back to Suho.
   Suho sighed, as if giving up. 'Fine. That boy is Yixing, but I call him Lay. He's chinese.'
'Where'da meet him?' Kyungsoo's face had lessened the red tinge and went back into a curious mode.
   'Uhh, at that bar we went to, after you got your new job. When you decided to go home without me, Lay took me home because of my being drunk. He took care of me that day, while you were at work.'
   'Did you fall in love or something? Cause, you kinda looked it in that photo.' Kai giggled. He could tell that Suho was -plainly written on his face.
'Uhh, I guess I did. I mean, the first time I saw him that day, it just hit me suddenly. So I told him, and yes, Kai, he is my boyfriend now.'
   Kyungsoo looked slightly disappointed. 'Why didn't you tell me?' And Kai interupped with: 'And why didn't you invite him with you?'
Suho sighed. 'Because, Kyunggie, I knew you'd make fun of me -because of that time I told you I wasn't gay. And I didn't bring him because he's in China right now -visiting family and such. ANYWAYS, can we please change this conversation! We all know MY love life, and I know Kyunggie's problems, but Kai -we need to hear about you, now! We'll talk while we make cookies, okay?'

---

So they did. Kai was thankful that he had all the ingredients! But while pouring out the chocolate bits into a bowl, Kyungsoo kept eating them. 'Yah!' Kai slapped his arm. 'Don't eat them, otherwise we'll have none more!'
   Kyungsoo pouted and removed his hand away from the bowl. Kai found himself staring at the boy's hand, studying the long, pale fingers that had bits of melted chocolate. Kyungsoo pulled his hand towards his mouth, about to clean his fingers. Kai suddenly found himself pulling the finger towards him and eating the chocolate. Kyungsoo just stared with wide eyes at the pale boy, not saying anything, not even when Kai moved away to sieve the flour.
   Suho hadn't seen a thing.
'Soooo, Kai? Anything interesting happen during those five months?'
   'Well, not really. Been the same as before you guys left. Still with my job. Hanging out with Kris every couple of afternoons. Same old-same old.'
'Aaaaaaand?' Suho widened his eyes at the other boy, creeping Kai the hell out. 'Something else you're not telling us?'
   'Whadaya mean?'
Suho shifted his eyebrows up and down. Seriously? 'Come on! You're like, what, fifty years old! Have ya kissed anyone yet?'
   Kai knitted his eyebrows together. 'Oh, come on... You still going on with that? First of all, I'm not fifty. Second of all, I don't go kissing people. Not like you, anyways.'

Kyungsoo was watching this weird conversation play out. Suddenly, Suho turned to the boy. 'I have an idea! Kyungsoo, kiss Kai!'
   'WHAAA?' Both Kai and Kyungsoo shouted angrily at the red head. Why the hell would he suggest something like that?
'
'Oh come off it. Kai, you really need to kiss someone. You can't keep holding out on your first kiss forever! And Kyungsoo, I know you would enjoy it!' Suho raised his eyebrows at the shocked wide-eyed boy.
   But then Suho seemed to notice how uncomfortable the boys felt, so he quickly changed the subject. To Tao. 'You really need to introduce us! I'll bring Lay around, and you bring Tao. Seem like a plan?'
   'Yeah, uh... sure.'

---

The spent the entire day making bicuits. Though they ate a few, Kai wrapped up a few dozen for Kris, knowing that the blonde wouldn't rest until he had his mitts on Kai's cookies. Kai just didn't understand the boy's need for them.
   In the process of making those biscuits, however, they had a 'flour fight'. Suho had started it, by shoving his hands into the brown flour bag and chucking the powder in Kyungsoo's face. Then Kyungsoo, typical of him, attempted to chuck back a ball of flour at the boy. Suho moved out of the way, and the ball hit Kai right in the back of the head, exploding flour everywhere. Kai then threw flour at them both, and a war broke out.
   The fight had ended, however, once Kai slipped on some wet flour and crashed into Kyungsoo's chest, toppling both the boys onto the ground. Kai was pinning the other to the floor, and Kyungsoo was unable to move.
   Kai stared intently at the boy underneath. He had flour absolutely coating his face, and it made his hair white, as if covered in frost. His wide eyes stared unblinking at Kai for what seemed like an eternity, until Suho pulled the boys to their feet, brushing them off.

The two boys stayed over for dinner, and even took turns using Kai's shower. Well, they couldn't stay floured forever, right? They were nearing their time to leave around 10, and as Kyungsoo headed out to the car, Suho stayed behind a few seconds to brush a bit of flour dust off Kai's shoulders.
   'Invite Kyungsoo over a bit more, maybe? He seems to enjoy coming over, and he gets awefully lonely around me -especially now that I have Lay. What do you think?'
   'Uhh, sure, I guess. Thanks for coming, Suho.'
'Hehe, no problem. Later!'

---

Kai lay stretched across his bed, exaustion taking over his body. The second just before him dropping off, Kyungsoo and Tao's faces flicked across his mind. He sighed, and drifted off.


LINK TO A DRAWING OF KYUNGSOO I DREW: http://instagram.com/p/XOE-BXK2jt/

I just don't know anymore! My feels and ships are just flying around everywhere!
And this chapter looks kinda short to me... Hmmm...

 

So, I introduced more EXO members into the story! I'm considering adding more in later chapters, and may even have points of view from Lay, Suho, Kyungsoo, Chen and Xiumin! Maybe?

For this story, I changed the personalities of the characters differently to how other people write them. I made Kris really hungry and excited all the time. Tao is shy and secludes himself. Chen and Xiumin, I haven't quite decided yet. Kai is a bit shy, and quite an umma to Tao and Kyungsoo. Suho is loud, and Kyungsoo is shy.
What do you think?

Sooo, I hope you guys loved this chapter! Please let me know what you think ;)