Epilogue

Dear Love: Rewind

 

Epilogue

 

A few weeks later… Seoul, Korea.

 

"Yes, yes. We all fall in love. It's human nature. You can't stop what you feel." Taeyeon said, leaning towards the condenser so her voice was heard. "You can always control your actions though. That's what makes us different from animals, right?"

Taeyeon was back in Radio Seoul as Jessica intended after they graduated. Both Taeyeon and Tiffany had moved to the city for college. She silently entered the room, mouthing an 'OK' before she slipped a piece of paper to the returning super star, winking as she met her eyes. Taeyeon gave her a warm smile in exchange.

"But still, when you're hungry, you have to eat. Similarly, if you hunger for love, you have to take it." Taeyeon continued. "But would you steal bread from the baker? Would you eat in a manner that would make you look primal? You won't, right?"

The listener acknowledged this, thanked her and hung up. Fixing the world's problem, one heartbroken moron at a time. Taeyeon thought as she reviewed the set list. Last two songs and I'm homerun!

"This next song is a song made by one of my friends back in high school. Seobaby, I hope you're listening to unnie's broadcast! Here is CN BLUE's Banmal Song on Radio Seoul's Dear Love." She clicked off the microphone and played Yonghwa's song. Her hands automatically moved to take off her head set. Just then, she received a text message:

[From: Seobaby] Unnie, you didn't have to mention me. It read. Taeyeon chuckled as she sat more comfortably in her seat, replying childishly to the tall maknae.

[To: Seobaby] Ah! YH wud lyk 8. <3

She saw Tiffany wave from outside the glass panel, holding up a box of pizza. They mouthed an 'OK' to each other.

Back to DJ-ing in Seoul, with Tiffany, for college. She had never felt more content her whole life.

Leeteuk is set to pursue his studies at a medical school not far from Taeyeon and Tiffany's University. While Siwon moved outside of Korea, they had heard he was back in high school. They figured that much because he wasn't able to finish senior year, but they never knew any more than that.

They left everything behind in Jeonju. All the kisses they shared and all the drama that happened after  Siwon left. They didn't want to remember any of that.

Ignorance is a bliss indeed.

Seoul provided them with an environment that gave them a fresh start. Tiffany's father had filled the dorm with furniture for them to use. It was almost as if they lived together as husband and wife. Without any of the intimate moments, it didn't sound wrong to Taeyeon; but she had to admit that it doesn’t completely sound right either.

Jessica once again entered the room. This time, she was holding a CD with a note that read: 'Track 2 Illa illa by Juniel from My First June.' She even took the set list sheet and darkened the last song with a black marker. Taeyeon nodded at her, she understood sudden changes during broadcast were inevitable as it had happened often. She cracked the case open and placed the disk in the drive.

When the song ended, Taeyeon hit the play button, telling the listeners that the artist herself only allowed for it to play on Radio Seoul before anywhere else. Jessica did an approving ‘thumbs up!’ for Taeyeon's energetic closing. This was the last song she was playing for the day.

She had not removed her headset on when she started working on the service agreement Jessica delivered. She was always curious what new artists want to say.

And there came three words from Juniel's song that made her heart ache.

Never forget love.

Something within Taeyeon just snapped as she jumped from her seat and finished all the paperwork she needed to sign in a lot of hurry. When she was done, she just left everything at the table for Jessica to take later.

Her first love, she really didn't want to forget that even if Tiffany refused to even talk about it. She can turn a blind eye to love, but she would eventually give in. Tiffany always does, even for a minute, before she pulls away again.

Tiffany... She called in her thoughts. Taeyeon saw her smile and instantly excited that she was in her presence. Closer, by each step she took.

Outside the recording room, Taeyeon hugged her tightly. She was like a gem, the most precious one she owns. She was hers exclusively now. They locked eyes again, her best friend surprised at her sudden emotional rush. They talked quietly about their day even if they had only been apart for no more than a few hours. When they ran out of things to say, they just smiled at other, letting eyes fill the room with silent words.

It took a few seconds before they realized that their stares became inadequate.

Without thinking, their lips met again.