Change of Plans

Push and Pull (HIATUS)

 

After an apparently shocking convenience store ambush with Mr Goofy Smile last time, i finally came up with a new plan. Yes, you guessed it right, no more rude Bailey. Oh believe me, this is the last thing i would like to do but, the thing is, i hate confrontations and I hate explaining myself. Had i acted stubborn during my last encounter with Chanyeol most likely He'll ask what's bothering me, which would result to me to being reduced into a crying mess. I'm still hurt, but I've came to accept that I'm not in the position to be hurt. I think its better that i get to hear that from my conscience every single time than hear straight from his mouth. That would be, like they say, rubbing the wound with salt.  

And change of plans meant me inviting him to tonight's party at home for my Mom's associate that's retiring. 

I sat on the chair and downed a drink and looked at the people in my table and gave out a deep sigh. Everybody's here. Almost. 

A seat was left empty towards the end of our table, and suddenly, i don't feel like partying anymore.

“Where’s your friend?” my sister Elle called out from the other end

“Huh?” I answede, wanting her to repeat it just for the hack of it.

“You heard me” she gave a sly smile. 

“I dunno, maybe busy” Maybe not gonna show up. I feel stupid for extending this invitation to him. Oh the feeling of being stood up. 

“Are you expecting someone?” Luhan asked and i felt more dejected. The fact that Luhan’s clueless about Chanyeol being invited here is enough sign to really give up, I mean, if he planned on being here, he would at least tell our friends right? My heart sank in disappointment.  

“Nope, not really expecting he would come.” I sighed. “Though I invited him”

“Oh, who? Jia asked in a teasing undertone. She doesn't really need to know, I have a feeling she wanted me to say his name out loud for the rest to hear.

“Chanyeol” I said almost inaudibly and my friends began to hoot which i paid no attention to. 

“Don’t worry, He’ll come” Kris said patting me reassuringly. I'm not sure if I should take his word for it but maybe He's just being kind, afterall, he knows part of my sentiment toward his best friend. 

"I'm okay" I replied curtly and checked my phone for a phonecall or a text message. Nada. Zilch. Zip. 

I'll be okay. I cheered myself on. 

The program has closed and the floor was opened to dance while others are enjoying their trips to the buffet table. I've decided to just sit an watch over everybody's belongings while most of them dragged each other to dance. I laughed. My friends surely know how to party. 

“Aww, don’t be sad.” I heard Sora as she approached the table to get me sign for the celebrant's scrapbook. "You're the last one to sign, thank God, my feet hurts" she said while sitting. 

“I am not sad” I straightened my face and gave her a smile, feeling sorry for her feet more than my faith. Four inch heeled stilettos can really be a killer.

“Your cousin ditched Bailey” My sister appeared from nowhere handing me a pen for the scrapbook. Elle and Sora are bestfriends and Sora's mom runs an event planning business and she's talking over to today's party as her Mom's out of town for another event. I snatched the pen from my sister who sat on the other chair beside me. 

“He may be just busy or something.” Sora said in a low voice. “Sorry for that”

“Don’t be” I gave her a nudge “Dad invited him, not me”. Lie. 

“But I think, it’s never too late” Elle looked at her watch and then straightened up to gaze towards driveway.

“Yeah, think so too” Sora replied as I handed her the notebook after signing for Mrs Cherry's scrapbook. 

“Right, whatever” I said downing my bubbly.

“Hey Sora, how bout we grab a bite?” Elle asked and i smelled something suspicious but i just let it slip this time. It must be just Elle's addiction to the fondue that's kicking in. 

“Im full-OUCH!” Definitely fondue addiction. My sister can be violent when really deprived. 

“Oh yeah I am hungry now” Sora answered. 

Crazy kids. i muttered as i laughed thinking that at least the party had been enjoyable for some. I looked at them when they reached the table and Elle pointed behind me and gave me the most goofiest smile.

"What now?" I mouthed to my crazy sister and she pointed again. Rolling my eyes, I turned my head to see what Elle was spazzing about. 

It was him. He came and i can feel my heart jump out of me.  

I exhaled slowly when I realized that I forgot to breathe while I looked at him coming on my direction. I was hoping he didn’t notice my staring, he was just looking damn nice

He smiled a toothy grin. “Sorry I’m late”

“It’s fine. Party’s just started, you missed the program though” I almost kicked myself. Why can't I stop being rude to him. 

“Nice partying.” He looked around and gave a thumbs up to Kris who just gave a nod in return. 

Want to eat?” I asked him nonchalantly. I can feel the alien in my stomach going berserk so maybe he could join me. 

“Nah, I just had dinner with some folks”

Maybe not. Sorry Bailey.

“Suit yourself then” I stood up to go to the table to join Sora and Elle. Why would you even go to a party if you didn't plan to eat. I muttered as i kicked a pebble on the floor. 

“You are in a touchy mood” He said as he followed me, his long legs surely caught my gait. 

“Don’t read me” I looked back and got a plate and a fork.

“But I’m not” he grabbed a plate and dug into the dessert. 

“Right” I said as I grabbed another bubbly and went towards pool and sat on the edge. 

He gave me that smile again before sitting beside me. “You’re not going to jump are you?”

“I know better”

“Why the bad mood?” he asked as he folded his olive green sleeves of his flannel turtleneck into his arms.

“Nothing” I said as I ate my brownie. 

“Aww. I wish you would tell me so I could beat whatever or whoever that’s making you touchy.” He said looking at me “It’s not working well for me if you’re like that, really” 

I gasped; I wasn’t expecting him to be saying those things. I looked at him, and he was looking at me with those puppy dog eyes that caused me to let out a soft stuttering breath.

“Go beat yourself up” I whispered, hoping He didn't hear, but I'm sure even a cockroach's cry wouldn't escape his big ears.  

“What did I do?” his voice turned a little lonely. I really want to kick myself. Loose tongue and a my easily to be guilty conscience. 

“Nothing...” I was stunned. I never heard him affected for anything that I said “I was just joking”

“Really now?” his voice turned to normal and he heaved a sgigh which made me laugh. “Cheer up!” and he ate a handful of chocolate mousse and smiled at me. Oh that smile that turns the room bright and happy. 

I looked at the dance floor, everybody was still having fun. Mostly all of them were still dancing or telling stories to each other. On the other end of the dance floor, I caught an eye of Kris and Jia and they gave me a thumbs-up and I scrunched my face not knowing what their gesture meant.

Luhan, who was not far away from the lovebirds saw us and she shouted “Come here” not minding the other guest if they find him loud or anything. 

“We should go to them” I turned to Chanyeol who was still busy with his sweets. 

“Yeah, I think its fun in there”

He got up first and he held my arm as I followed suit. We were walking side by side and he was telling me about the event he would be participating with Kris in a few month. But then it was cut off when I realized I left the something and in an instant, I turned back. 

“Wait right there” I said and I ran to the edge of the pool where my plate was left forgetten for a moment. I was running too prompt, like I was in a roller blade or something (only I was in heels) and maybe my poor shoe couldn’t take the weight and pressure. My heel broke and I lost my balance and fell on the pool. It was a splash moment and when I got my head up after sinking I can see Chanyeol was scurrying towards me. 

I’m okay” I said as I brushed the hair in my face

“You clumsy girl” I heard Dad said while laughing at my misfortune. I saw my friends and other guest were looking at our direction and i just laughed at myself.

"Did you push her?" Luhan asked jokingly at Chanyeol who just gave him a light punch in the arm. 

"Okay show's over guys" i shoo-ed Luhan, Kris, Jia away. "You can proceed to what you're doing"  

“Here” Chanyeol said holding his hand for help, but then, something inside of me  wanted to have more fun. 

I grabbed his outstretched hand and I pulled hard as much as i can causing him to fall on the water with me. 

The huge splash caught the attention of my friends again and other visitors but I don't mind. This was fun - more fun than the food and the dancing. 

“You are so dead” he threatened before tackling me, not having a chance to run at all and pulling me underwater with him. I yelped as we surfaced and I can feel him tightly hugging me from behind and whispered "i miss this" followed by Luhan's voice yelling from nearby “POOL PARTY!!!”