Why Don't We Have Eyes at the Back Of Our Heads?

Push and Pull (HIATUS)

“DINNER? What dinner?” I almost fell from my seat. I stood up clumsily, munching on my bacon to walk towards Jia who was busy at the treadmill.

“Did you happen to forget my current meltdown just week?” I almost ripped the beats from her ear when she told me He was coming here at our apartment.

Jia winced as she rubbed her right ear. “I clearly remember. But Lay says he’s coming over with Luhan and asked me to invite you-know-who

“And of all places it has to be here in the same place as I am in?” I groaned. “why can’t they go out and drown in drinks or whatever?”

“Because Shayne and Elle said they prefer to hang out here instead?”

“What?” I stammered. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” I shook my head. An unannounced dinner party with my friends who I haven’t seen since I can remember is set at the at end of the week!  A lot of crazy things has been happening- stuff I really don’t mention so much to them. Basically, every aspect of my life is a total mess right now and I'm not good at lying to each of them, so surely they'll be sensing something's off and would be firing one question after the other. Its not my fault that my friends are such freaking good mind readers, and I'm not really amenable to the idea of being in the hot seat while he's around. NO FREAKING WAY.

“I didn’t want to really worry you.” This person in front of me who until 5 minutes ago I regarded as friend stopped running and went towards the fridge.      

“I’m not saying it makes me worried” I gave an awful smile as I crossed my arms, looking at her get an apple from the fridge, waiting for a response..

“If I said no, they’ll sense something is wrong.” She told me flatly. Good point. 

“Okay, fine” I said weakly.

“Really?”

“No!” I announced, defeated. “Un-invite him!” I mouthed.

“No way” she answered back. “It’s for your own good, Bailey, trust me!”  Jia cooed. She always reminds me to just go and face this dilemma than shy away from it.

“No it's not.” my head sagged to the table. “Okay, then officially un-invite myself!”

“And leave me answering their inquiries about you?” she stood next to the fridge looking at me- up in arms. “I’m not good at lying, I slip! If that happens, then I'd have to live with Wufan teasing me at my fail while you're out plotting the next step to annihilate me” she closed the door before the cold reaches out to my skin. “You can do this, B.”

“Endure” I wrenched my head. “While his presence makes my life a living hell”

I ran to my room and plopped my head on my bed. My energy is zapped and thinking about HIM makes me want to just sleep and forget everything.

Wow, he’s really back, I thought to myself….from the rock he lived under for two years. 

“Kill me nooooooooooooow!!!!!” I screamed in frustration as I placed a pillow on my face…hoping that maybe this could do the trick for me to rest in peace….to be away from Park Chanyeol.

 

***********

Days and days passed and all I did was try my best to stay home. I absolutely do not want to see the creature and I think prayers have been answered because he was nowhere to be found so far.

When I’m in school,  I’ve never been used to praying every second I’m out of the classroom building hopping, hoping that we would not cross paths.  I shook my head to dismiss the lurking thoughts of his whereabouts and tried my best to focus. Believe it or not even in PE I tried my very best to score a goal in handball, just to get him off my mind. And well, I ended up hitting the goalie’s shoulder instead.

At the super market, I saw myself swerving in while maneuvering the pushcart as I was thinking how big is the possibility that I’d bump into him and if that happens, what should I tell him, how should I act, and if should I even speak at all? Those questions weren't answered because all thoughts of running into him inside the supermarket was put into an end when I bumped into a stack of piled bread and was taken back to reality. Park Chanyeol in my head spells trouble- that’s what I learned from all these experience. Just.Plain.Trouble.

"When you don’t think of the person and then that’s the time he or she will be around" I remember my org mate Wookie tell me those words when i met him for a cup of coffee a few days back. I did agree to that but never have I thought that the words of cheery maknae from the school’s it group could come true as soon as I said the word now.

Why?? Because the moment I was preoccupied, the only single time when my brain shifted its 101% focus away from him to work on serious school stuff was the time when the gorgeous happy virus breathed on my neck. And of all places, it was in the library while I was returning a hardback after photocopying it. I almost shrieked in surprise.

“I guess I’ll see you on Saturday” he said in his hushed, y voice that sent shivers down my spine. My heart pounded so hard i could practically feel it on my ears as I stood frozen like an iceberg. For a few moments with eyes bulged like an owl while i try to verify the varacity of my senses and my mind asking if it was, indeed really him. I'm pretty sure my brain cells said yes and they did sound so sure.

I was then left with only one choice to support my brain's assumption.

GOSH WHY DON'T WE HAVE EYES AT THE BACK OF OUR HEADS??!!!? Part of me screamed (Answer: Because it will ruin moments like this)

Slowly, I turned around, with the hope that somehow what what i heard was just some form of hallucination. Right now its easy for me to accept the fact that I'm whacked than face him, because I'm not just ready for this yet. (what the heck i was still trying to bail out of our saturday meeting with friends just so i can't meet him!!!) Unlucky for me, my senses were right..I heard what i heard- because for the first time in two years, there he was, standing so close and flashing his ridiculously lovely smile at me.  

 

Then, I died.

 

To be continued...

------------------

Hi, u thanks for reading. ^_^

Why don't you drop a comment and tell me what you think? XD LMAO. 

Uh...hope you guys like the chappie. Sorry it looks like blaaaah.