Bat Crazy

Push and Pull (HIATUS)

 

Its been quite some time since i last saw him. I think i scared him when i dropped the book deliberately on his feet at the library a few weeks back. He probably thinks I'm a monster now and had lived to being one during the time he was gone. I was mean, i know...but geez, give me a break, if i didn't do that he'd probably do the kiss on the cheek and walk out thing he does all the time. I always fall for that and I can't this time. I hate him (in case you forgot..lol)
 
Remember the dinner?Hah~ it didn't happen! I panicked for nothing! Okay so Jia was giving me for blowing my top over something that got cancelled and would tease me nonstop but, its fine, i couldn't care less and i am thankful for Shayne's rescheduled exam and Luhan's team building that led everyone to set it at a different date which, up to know, hasn't been decided. I seriously wish nobody  brings it up so we can all forget welcoming Chanyeol back and all that catching up stuff. 
 
Putting my literature reader down, i shifted position and sat on my bed filled with books and notes trying to find my phone to check if there are any messages. As expected, there's none so i proceeded to scan the chaos that was my bed to look for the next reading i'm supposed to read, highlight and make a reviewer for. I sighed at my mental list of the things I have to accomplish before exams start including reports, research papers and thesis chapters to proofread and fought back the tears that are  threatening to get out. I'm an emotional mess because i'm so tired and i got scolded again by dad when i met my family for lunch because i woke up late, and told them i slept late, in which he assumed I spent the night doing senseless stuff like partying, surfing the net or something. I didn't argue, mom told me to eat.  Dad always think he's right and even though he doesn't say it, i disappointed him bigtime when i took journalism instead of a business course. 
 
My stomach made another evolting noise as a turned to another page and its getting hard to ignore because my head has ben throbbing like hell too. We only have canned tuna and bread inside the fridge and i am craving for some real food so i called out to Jia who was studying (or maybe sleeping) at the living room. 
 
"Do you want to go outside to eat?" i shouted. 
 
"Give me five minutes, B" Jia answered. 
 
Immediately, I jumped in bed to get a clean sweater in the closet, not minding the papers i managed to get crumpled along the way. The monster in my stomach needs to be tamed.
 
"You've pretty much zoned out the entire week" Jia said as she muched on her burger. "How are you?"
 
"Same old, same old" i responded, sipping my fruitshake before heaving out a deep sigh.  "I've lots of things to do and usual issue with parents." 
 
Jia just nodded before giving me an encouraging smile. I don't have to tell her much because she knows everything and anything that goes on with my life. "You can do it, B" She chided. 
 
I nodded in agreement. I can do it, i know i can. I just need to take things head on and maybe rest for a while. I never dwell on the negative, Jia and I learned to channel all our energy to the good things and find our "happy" to get rid of the bad feeling when we encounter one in our daily life. I think that's our secret to survival and we agree that if we don't have that mindset, then maybe both of us are in an asylum.
 
"Enough about my boring life..how have you been?"
 
She beamed. God, Jia's so in love and i can't help but laugh. 
 
"Whaaaaaat?" She said in a sing song voice. I laughed again. "I haven't said anything yet!"
 
"You don't have to...you're way too happy" A french fry flew my way and i picked it up and placed it in my mouth.
 
"You're gross" 
 
"Whatever, Mrs Wu Yifan"i rolled my eyes and smiled. SHe hates being called that but instead of being mad, she just shuts up and give me that smitten look. "When are you going to Guangzhou again?"
 
"After the finals" Jia checkerd her phone and counted the weeks "Two and a half weeks from now" Excitement was all over her face and Iam happy Kris is taking her to his hometown to introduce her to his relatives.  
 
After dinner I decided to go buy a tub of ice cream as i remeembered i would be pulling an all nighter because a paper is due tomorrow. I totally forgot about it because i was too preoccupied with all the backlog of my lit selections and there's no way i can finish it without burning the midnight oil. A tub of ice cream would be a good company tonight. 
 
Jia waited in her car as i walked to the convinient store near the parking lot. 
 
Grabbing the last tub of Crunch ice cream, I turned around to head to the counter, but found myself standing in front of the person I expect the least to see.
   
   "Nice pajamas" 
   
   "Excuse me" I went past him and just gave him a smug grin. Be still, my heart.
   
   "Its late, should you be home reading or thinking, or something?"
   
   "What the heck was that suppose to mean?"
   
   "Nothing, I thought that was funny, but I guess I was wrong"
   
   "USe more practice" I snapped as I placed the item on the counter
   
   "Well your not in the mood arent ya" He said as he stood behind me close enough to feel his breath into my neck. 
   
   I handed the lady at the register cash and in a split second, I was holding my change and a bag of ice cream.
   
    "Good guess, so you know what to do" i said looking at him without blinking. I was expecting him to go away as he used to when i'm a pmsing but instead, he walked beside me and opened the door. 
   
I was still walking when he held the plastic bag and caught my hand. I felt my spine tingle and I didnt let go, and so did he. We were now like two kids fighting over some food that mommy brought.
   
   "What, you stealing food now?" I eyed him, annoyed to the nth level.
   
   "Would you just quit the mean attitude, loosen up, geez! Im trying to be good here" heis voice low, frustration evident in his voice. I lef go of the bag.
   
"I don't need it, i'm avoiding it as much as possible,okay?"    
   
"Bailey, just, please, if you just let me explain and-" 
   
"Chanyeol, please i'm tired and so stressed out i don't need any of your crap right now okay" I said, realizing my voice louder than usual. He may be enjoying this. I try to hide my tears but my voice was breaking. "You know what, just- we're okay, okay?" I sniffed.  
 
"Give me that" I said while i looked down on the ground, one hand outstretched to get the ice cream, the other wiping tears from my eyes. 
 
He walked forward and i moved to get my food but instead, he grabbed my hand and pulled me into a tight embrace.  
 
"I'm not gonna let you get off the hook that easily"i muttered.    
   
"Its fine as long as i can hug you like this without you going bat crazy and dropping another hardbound on my poor feet" 
 
I laughed. 
 
**
 
"Was that who I think it was? Jia said"
 
"Yeah, Chanyeol, he says hi."
   
"Whats he doing there with you?"
   
"We ran into each other" i answered as i fixed my seatbelt.
   
"And he walked you to the car?" My friend asked in disbelief. She probably wondered how i managed to exist and remain calm being a few feet away from him. Maybe because he's the least of my worries now since i have a truckload of school works to do and boys just has no space in my mind right now. 
   
"Yah, think so." I said blandly
   
"Come on, you can tell me better than that! Jia was excited for the scoop
   
"He said he wanted to talk to explain stuff." 
 
"Then?" Jia pressed on.
 
"I don't need it, so i said we're good and i'm stressed" 
 
"Go back there and hear the guy out, B!" Jia said in a commanding voice. 
 
"What's there to talk about, I'm fine...We'll be fine"
 
JIa gave me a sideway glance before starting the engine. "You still hate him, don't you?"
 
"Yes" i answered without hesitation. 
 
"The more you hate, the more you love" She reckoned before htting the gas pedal.  
 
 
 
***
Hi, sorry for not updating for quite a while..
Hope you like this chapter...but i honestly typed and posted without looking again. *gasp* i appreciate your comments guys ;) 
Tell me what you think of this so far. Thank you u ^^