Of Wines and First Love

Push and Pull (HIATUS)

 

A/N:

Bad chapter ahead. 

 

“Who invited you?” I turned to face him. And okay, then maybe I smelled him. Is that Bvlgari blue? Oh , why am I smelling him?

“Friends” he smiled and reached a book just above my head. “Can I bring something?” he said casually. “Roggio?” 

Did he just say Roggio? Can I resist Roggio? This creature knows every bit of me! I specifically owe to him my wine fixation…save for our first meeting after he left for France for vacation.  That’s when it all started. Or ended? I don’t know…again, you tell me.

>>flashback<

I woke up with an Errand to go to the local liquor store.  I blinked on the reminder attached to the fridge in disbelief as I removed the magnet to see Mom’s note clearly asking me to buy a bottle of wine for dinner later. I didn’t have the time to complain though, since I noticed that mom has been so busy lately, and that she has no choice but to sacrifice the fate of our meal with her friends with my poor taste in wine.     

I looked at the clock, half past 12. For a Saturday, it was a miracle that I made it for only 15 minutes.  It’s quite a record, since most of the time it’s usually an excruciating drive downtown, so, maybe this is my lucky day. Or perhaps it’s the reality that the summer’s here and people are just staying at home or at a vacation somewhere. Like someone I know.

Ugh that creep! I muttered as I honked extra hard at the slow pedestrian in front of me, remembering how my friend left for France without me.

So much for pinkie promises.

Chanyeol and I swore when we were 14 that we’d go and fly together and explore the place. We imagined sitting together at a Victorian manor’s backyard that had a view of rolling hills and we’d finish a bottle of wine that we carefully picked after a wine tasting session on a lazy afternoon. I try not to make a big deal about him forgetting our little agreement because it seems so petty, but, I’m really sad since I try to keep my promise to all my friends so I was expecting the same. I’m absolutely giving him for leaving without me when he returns.

Unknowingly, I was smiling at the thought of being mean to him for a few days.  

Going to the wooden door, I expected what was before my very eyes, a wide array of wines good enough to make our whole village drunk till kingdom come.

 

“Excuse me, where are your red wines?”

“On the third aisle from your left up to the fifth” the lady who had her nameplate engraved Yoona pointed to my left and smile. I thanked her and proceeded to Aisle number 3.

“I don’t recognize any of this” I whispered. I peeked out of the hallway to see scores of people coming in and out and all three sales crew were still busy. I looked at all the catchy labels, even the alcohol contents, but couldn’t decide what to buy. As I finished aisle number 4, I peeped at the hallway again seeing all the sales crew busy with the same people. I gave up on the thought that I would be expecting help from them anytime soon.

I took my phone and dialed mum’s number. Out of coverage Area. It has been her thing to turn off her phone when she has an important meeting.

I spent the first fraction of the hour looking at the magazines the store has and it actually helped me to have a little bit of knowledge, and I felt a little confident that I can choose my own without anyone complaining (and by anyone I actually only meant Dad). But then again I wanted to consult Mom. Besides, since I’ve waited long enough; I’ll wait a couple of more minutes to talk to her. 

Finishing all three magazines, I looked at the clock, 1:45. Fifteen minutes more before the meeting ends. I went back to aisle number 5 and stared at the wines in second floor shelf, stretched my arms to hold one and looked carefully into it, recognized that this wine was the one I saw in the magazine earlier.

“You may not want to do that” a voice spoke to me. God? No. 

“Excuse me?” I looked behind her and saw a guy with brown curly hair, perfect skin and shaped sparkling eyes. He is in his polo shirt, faded jeans and chucks, flashing his megawatt smile. 

“I said you may not want to buy that, it’s too much alcohol, you’ll not survive” he smiled again and offered his hand to pull my weight and get up.

“I was just looking” I simpered and grabbed his hand. His smooth hands enveloped mine and in no time, I was standing next to him, but technically he was staring down at me.  

“I know, just thought you needed a distraction from your trance, you simply lost your thoughts for a couple of minutes, I thought you had a or something” he said laughing. Oh I missed that laugh. But i was suddenly reminded of my mission to punish him for abandoning me. 

“Funny” 

“What’s with the sarcasm?” He said again laughing. “You may want to drop it, I just came back from a long trip”

“You left without me and I hate you” I looked up and smacked his arm.

“Ah I see. Well you may try this one, he pointed a bottle.” “Or this,” he held a bottle in his hand and looked at me. “I was planning to buy this one, this was my favorite when we visited La Columbiere, tastes like grape juice with a kick”

“Me talking a second ago was me dismissing you” I told him as I grabbed the wine. “But thanks for the help.” I walked away towards the counter.

“Well hey, you’re not just going to dismiss me that easily” the all too familiar voice again echoed in my ear making my spine tingle. What the heck is this…feels?

I walked still, “Do you want a tip?”

“Well an ice cream would work… I’m killing time.”

“How bout I kill you instead” I said, this time looking at him intently

“Seriously, B, lay off the mean pill!”

“Not now, teeth rich, you owe me” I said impatiently.

“Okay, here” he said as he bent down to give me a kiss on the cheek before heading to the door.  “Be kind to me next time, will you?”

“Ya-” I stuttered like an idiot. "Yah!!" I called out. 

“You’re welcome!” he said without looking back.

 

>>end flashback

I stepped back, pinning myself to the bookshelf and looked at him, he looked blasé…like I was not an entity standing between him and, as of what I see from a slow head turn, Plato.

With The Republic in his hand, I thought it would end, but he did it yet again and now he was running his hands to the books on the row below my head, just above my shoulder. I shook my top in disbelief.   

Why is he doing this? Did he expect that I would crash into his arms at this very moment? I’d love to, but…i shook my head WTH BAILEY WHY ARE YOU EVEN ENTERTAINING THE THOUGHT?!

I think my mind instantly compensated for the thought that earlier took over me…It’s been a while since I heard my head click.

Hugging the book that I was about to return, I mused for a while. This is the first time I loved Professor Jung for giving us reading assignments that comes in thick hardbound books. I learn so much from them- and one thing is that it hurts when it’s dropped on someone else’s foot. Park Chanyeol’s foot for example.

I saw him suppress his scream and I almost gave a laugh but I bit my lip. He skipped to turn his back on me and bended, maybe to check if his foot is still alive.

Trying to compose myself after I gave a chuckle, I spoke. 

“Learned your lesson?” I whispered and walk out after my last word. “Get my book and return it, I seem to have dropped it.”

 

~~~

Hi u, sorry i had no time to properly edit this thing. work was ty this week. ;A 

Oh i added photos cos im so bored. ;/ (credit to the owners)

thoughts? :3