Bad News is Bad

Push and Pull (HIATUS)

 

Choi Bailey fell from her bed. Hard. Her layered hair was all over her well defined, and not to mention pretty face but she couldn’t care less. With her full lips parted, brows furrowed and one hand resting dispassionately on her forehead, she lay there, motionless at the carpeted floor of the spacious shared room with her bestfriend Jia.  
 
Jia stood at the mahogany door with her arms crossed taking a deep breath, feeling sorry for the news she just broke out. Yes, Jia, her best friend was the source of the news that caused this uncanny scenario, and she swore B could have passed for a lifeless corpse the way she just stared at the ceiling.  She pursed her lips, accentuating her prominent cheeks and gave out a sorry smile before breaking up the silence. 
 
“It’s been two years” 
 
“I know” Bailey moved her head towards Ji’s, who was now sitting at the edge of her bed, 
 
“So why are you being like that?” she flipped her dyed hair as she turned to her friend's direction. “Don’t’ worry, you’ll be okay!” 
 
B gave a deep sigh and she could swear for the life of her that she saw Jia swallow an invisible lump on after finishing that statement.  Her ex-boyfriend, (if she could call him that) is coming back to town and the news, she did not take so lightly that’s why she’s in a staring contest with the light fixture.   The fact of the matter is, Bailey would always space out when the topic of her ex flame is brought up.  Her friends, including Jia would like to avoid the topic as much as possible, being able to see first hand the pain that Bailey  experienced when the couple parted ways.   It wasn’t easy for Bailey two years ago as everyone thought when her one and only love walked out of his life.  Despite everything, Bailey just put on a strong façade, living up to being the strong girl as she is known to be. Predictably in no time, B got back from her feet, acting like nothing happened. She cut her hair short, covered her eyes with such long bangs and left the bubbly personality behind.  Nobody knows how actually shattered Bailey was…except for Jia of course, who would wake up in the middle of the night hearing whimpers in the bathroom.  Outside their home, in school and during hanging out with friends, she acted like everything was okay, but she was a mess in every sense of the word. Jia knew…Jia saw.
 
There was even a time she was caught by her Jia late at night in the kitchen, downing a bottle of painkillers and chasing it with shots of 2003 Vintage Burgundy Wine.  In the end, the ever doting friend had to force Bailey to gag herself to get rid of the stuff she induced. And while B’s face was meeting the toilet bowl, she looked up to her friend who was rubbing her back, looked her with those pained eyes and said “what am I doing to myself, Jia-ah??”   
 
The topic of Bailey’s ex cannot be helped but to be brought up even though they wanted to… he is, afterall, their friend too who occasionally send texts and tweets to the group since he left town for Europe to study and be with his grandfather a month after walking out of Bailey. It took B a few months to fully get back to her usual self…but now that he’s coB back, only God knows how things are gonna turn out.
 
#
hi~ it may look familiar for some, yes i posted this before but with different characters but aff acted up and i was not able to retrieve it so i had to redo...and that included new characters. Sorry!
-
Anyway, hope you guys like it. The succeding chapters will be from the girl's point of view. My apologies for the crappy chapter and for the future ones i'll be producing. I would love to hear your thoughts too so drop a comment. ;)