The Second Possession: The Piano

The Haunted Portrait [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Dang… Dang.. Dang..

 

The sound of piano keys erupted in the air.

 

Dang.. Dang.. Dang..

 

A slim finger pressed itself on that one particular note.

 

Dang. Dang. Dang.

 

The red liquid seems so visible contrast to the porcelain white color of the wood underneath that piece of wounded flesh.

 

Dang. Dang. Dang.

 

Others will cringe by the sight but reality is fortunate for not having a single soul in the room except for one.

 

Dang. Dang. Dang.

 

Pain shot through the pianist but his fingers didn’t stop.

 

Dang.Dang.Dang.

 

“I am simply controlled, allowing my body to drift..” a soft whisper left his pale lips.

 

Drip. Drip. Drip.

 

 

 

 

“oh my gosh Myungsoo! You wouldn’t believe what I just bought!” an excited Woohyun burst through the door of their shared apartment. Excitement and happiness was evident in his eyes but Myungsoo’s was the exact opposite. Before his so called ‘best friend’ burst through the door like some hero trying to save a girl in a movie the poor latter was peacefully sleeping and was about to see some light in his strange dream when it was interrupted. Myungsoo rubbed his tired and sleepy eyes and glared at the other but Woohyun was too butterflies and rainbows to even notice his best friend’s eye knife.

 

“What kind of garbage did you buy this time that it even need to involve my presence when I’m obviously sleeping” Myungsoo asked coldly.

 

“Oh you’re sleeping sorry about that” Woohyun said but his apology sounds insincere. “anyway.. since curiosity got the better of you and ask what I just—“

 

“You announced it you idiot”

 

“woah hold your horses, no need to be Humpy Grumpy.  Ok, so since we’re talking about the thing that I just bought, let’s continue talking about it. So anyway I was walking a while ago in the streets since the weather is so nice and the birds are chipping—“

 

“Get to the point” Myungsoo interrupted but Woohyun ignored him.

 

“So as I was saying, I was walking in the side walk, embracing our mother nature when suddenly the magic came.” Sparkles were all over Woohyun’s eyes upon remembering his flashback.

 

“Stop saying rubbish things and cut to the chase Woohyun”

“My walk suddenly came to a halt and it’s like something was telling me to get inside of the store which is where I was standing in front of, so I did. And when I went inside my eyes suddenly caught something and all of the sudden I can hear choirs singing in the background”

 

Myungsoo just sigh and didn’t complain anymore because he knows his effort will just be thrown out of the window.

 

“And then there it is. My destiny, my soul the love of my life”

 

“Wait so you’re telling me you purchased a girlfriend” Myungsoo asked.

 

“What? A girlfriend? You’re funny Myung. I was talking about a piano.”

 

“You bought a piano?!”

 

“Yeah what’s wrong with that?” Woohyun asked innocently and Myungsoo just facepalmed himself mentally. He knows Woohyun loves music and so does playing instruments but heck where would he put a piano in their small cramped apartment?!

 

“Did you ever think where would you put a piano?”

 

Woohyun laughed wholeheartedly and put an arm on Myungsoo.

“Chillax bro, it’s just a piano. A small one, it isn’t a grand piano like you think. And besides I got it for a cheap price since the seller said he really didn’t know how that old-victorian piano got in his shop and he just wants to get rid of it since people might get the wrong idea that he’s selling second hands instruments instead of new and upgraded ones”

 

“okay okay fine but make sure to put it in a secluded room, I don’t want our neighbors complaining about the noise.”

 

“aye aye captain!” Woohyun saluted and Myungsoo layed flat on the sofa again. He wanted to sleep again, he wanted to see his dream, what happened in it but he can’t, he’s mind was now fully awake to do so. He sighed and just got up to get ready for work.

 

 

 

 

“Oh hey Myungsoo, we only have one delivery to do today” Sunggyu informed him after getting inside his work place.

 

“Oh okay, where is it?” Myungsoo asked.

 

“Wait here” it took only seconds for Sunggyu to return with a little figurine in hands and placed it carefully inside a box and handles it to Myungsoo with care.

 

“You just need to give that to this address-” Sunggyu gave him a slip of paper “-and you’re good to go.”

 

 

 

 

“Thank you for your purchase ma’am, I’ll make sure to give my boss your message” Myungsoo said and bid farewell to an old lady whom he just visited for a delivery.

 

While walking down the streets, he was thinking of things he might do since he got so much free time in his hands considering his work for today was so little, but hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter