The First Possession: The Mirror.

The Haunted Portrait [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The heavens of the ill-mannered time that grinded me into nothingness..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day Myungsoo and his friends which also happen to be his classmates were continuing the project that they needed to pass for Monday. For the mean time Myungsoo took off his mind on things with Cossette and just focused on his work, of course he doesn’t want his problems be a letdown for him and his group mates, he knows that this project is so important to them. While adding some blue on the painting that he’s working on, one of his group mates suddenly spoke.

 

 

“Hey have guys heard the news that’s been going all around about that train station?” a really tall guy suddenly said.

 

“Oh you mean the Seoul train station, Sungyeol? Yeah I heard a lot of news about that” said by the guy with a faint Busan accent.

 

“Yeah I saw it on TV last night, they say many people are committing suicide in there, people say it might be the fog or some problem with the wind currents but I’ve heard an even weirder rumor these days, they say all the deaths happen at the same time, apparently they all die at 5’Oclock” Sungjong stated.

 

“Well I guess it’s because that’s when the sun sets in the west” The tall guy whom could be also called as a choding said.

 

“Oh guys could you please stop talking about death, its giving me creeps” the guy with the thick lips said while cowering and covering his ears.

 

“Oh Dongwoo stop cowering and try to grow some pair, anyway isn’t it the train station that you, Sungjong and Myungsoo are always taking?” the Busan native asked.

 

“Oh not me, only Myungsoo hyung. I don’t like taking trains, I always take the bus” Sungjong said.

 

 

 

Upon hearing the maknae’s response the others just nodded in reply except for one. Myungsoo was too drawn with his thoughts to even listen to his friends’ conversation. At first the talk really got him interested but by the mention of the place, the latter’s mind suddenly flew out in million thoughts. Of course the others didn’t question his inattentiveness since they know Myungsoo was always quiet and unresponsive but even though, they didn’t realized that he also stopped painting. While the others were busy with their work one guy at the end of the room however, was too busy thinking about the things that he tried to push at the back of his mind earlier.

 

 

*What the is wrong with that train station and all of the sudden it interest people to jump and end their lives? *

 

 

He was about to ask himself further when he remembered something.

 

 

*Stupid! How could you forget? You were also in there and if it weren’t for Cossette you will be one of those people who were left to be criticized as idiots for jumping off in front of an incoming train.*

 

 

 

He looked pass his memories to remember something or anything to help him answer the questions that had been running on his mind.

 

He remembered looking at his reflection in the train station’s wall mirror, he remembered freaking out when he saw his reflection was not responding to his actions and acting on its own and most of all he remembered how he felt Cossette’s little hand on his wrist to prevent him from falling. But even though he remembered the sequence of events it still didn’t give him any answers as to why it all started in the first place. Myungsoo put down his brush and ruffled his hair out of frustration.

 

 

He closed his eyes and took a moment to relax himself and think again. He looked pass the things he recalled and think so hard to remember as to what happens after that.

Exactly ten minutes have past and he still couldn’t get the answer that he’s been looking for.

 

 

 

“Myungsoo are you okay? You had been quiet the whole time, well it’s not like you’re not quiet before but it’s different now” the tall guy suddenly asked and the sudden question cut off Myungsoo’s thoughts immediately. The questioned latter immediately straightened up and looked at his friend.

 

“i-im fine Sungyeol” he said in a low voice which is almost a whisper.

 

“o..kay. Whatever you say, just finish up your painting because we’re all done” the choding said and Myungsoo looked over the place and saw that his friends were indeed done with their works which left him the only one with an unfinished job.

 

“It’s okay you don’t have to wait for me, you guys can go home I can manage myself” he said and took the brush again to finish his work. His friends seems uneasy at first because they don’t want to leave their friend alone but Myungsoo told them that it is better to work when you know no one’s waiting for you. Even though his statement may sound stupid the boys just agreed and bid farewell to their friend and the latter did the same.

 

 

 

Myungsoo forced himself to keep the issues about the train station in the back of his head and start working with the project since he really needed to get it done or else he will say goodbye to 50% of his grades.

 

 

After finishing his work, Myungsoo got up and collected his things, preparing to leave. After doing so he looked behind him once again and locks up the place since that is what their professor strictly told them.

 

 

He walked along the corridor and took a moment to glance at his watch. ‘4:47’ it says. The latter continued his walk when suddenly a flash of sunlight blinded his vision temporarily. He immediately put a hand in front to shield his eyes when he heard an apology.

 

 

“Oh sorry about that lad” the workers said while carrying a big mirror, probably for the dance studio on the other department that has been renovating right now. The latter just mumbled a simple “its okay” and turned to walk away.

 

 

 

 

While walking through the corridors he suddenly remembered the incident with the blinding ray of sunlight that greeted him a while ago. The latter stopped on his track when it all clicks in his head. Of course It is a flash of light that he saw before the incidents happen to him in the train station, how could he left that small detail. He suddenly remembered Sungjong’s statem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter