The First Meeting

The Haunted Portrait [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"A sweet smile, a violet gaze, mesmerizing lips.. Danger tangled by dreams and hopes.."

 

 

 

 

On a bright afternoon in South Korea, the busy people of Seoul were doing their own business. Kids were running around with playful laughs, couples holding hands with each other and business men were doing their jobs on their shops. Everything seems normal but a running figure disrupted the peaceful image. A familiar chocolate brown hair was standing out of the crowd and the figure seems to be in a rush from all the run that he had done. Hissed and complains greeted him but Myungsoo couldn’t care less; he was in a hurry for goodness sake. All he knows is that he’ll definitely be a dead meat if he wasn’t on his part time job at 5.

 

“Sheesh, stupid professor.. Lecture’s always too long” he said to himself as if it would ease out his growing frustration.

 

“I’ll be late for work, for sure” he spoke again.

 

He continued on running and running through the sea of people until he remembered something. He remembered that his boss told him yesterday to bring some food on the way to work. Sunggyu was a fruit lover and Myungsoo knows better than to forget his boss’ precious obsession. Who knows maybe he could even use this to brag his boss to forgive him for his late attendance. He whipped his head from side to side hoping to find some fruit stand and to his luck there is an apple shop at a corner. He dragged his foot towards the store and looked over the pile of red apples. Suddenly his professor’s lecture earlier rang in his mind.

 

According to a certain author’s critique on art, ‘nature morte’ means ‘deceased’ nature

 

“’deceased nature’ eh..” he mumbled to himself.

 

Organic reincarnation, in nature’s words, it is the flight of the fear over losing time.

 

The boy looked over at the fruits again until his eyes caught the best among all.

 

From this world, it is just saw..

 

The latter picked up the apple with his left hand and examined it.

 

A new reality..

 

“Oh son. You’ve got good eyes” said by the fruit seller and the latter looked at the item in his hand.

 

The artist of the old Frasodol school..

 

The color of the fruit was awfully unusual; it wasn’t bright red but a little darker one.

 

..by taking what they saw in the mirror and reflecting a different world on their canvasses..

 

Although the color is not what you always conclude as ‘good’ it is assured that it is not on the bad side either.

 

..they showed the boundless possibilities that could be created from our world..

 

Myungsoo didn’t know if he was hallucinating or not but seconds ago the color of the apple was velvet until it suddenly changes into a darker one. A blood red one.

 

..and on the other side of the mirror.. She waits..

 

 

Blood slowly dripped from his hands and the latter stayed frozen in his place. He didn’t know what to do. Should he scream? But that would scare the vendor. Should he drop the apple? But that would anger the vendor. He looked up, expecting to see the old mad but to his surprise the old man was nowhere to be found, instead to his surprise he found himself standing in a different place, in a different time. There, in front of him, the girl with the most enchanting beauty he had ever seen was sitting in a chair across from him. The girl whom he didn’t know yet, he feels some kind of familiarity with. The girl whom he couldn’t bring himself to forget and the girl whom he fell in love with silently, mysteriously and irrevocably.

 

 

He couldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter