The First Possession

The Haunted Portrait [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“They anger for my sake, grieve for my sake and go insane for my sake..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like a normal morning, everybody was rushing in the subway, whether it is for work, for school or even for a meeting. Students, Business men, children, teenagers, they’re all running to be the first one inside the train.

 

While everybody’s waiting, a young lad probably around his mid-20 was waiting patiently in front of the line, the one that indicates the right distance between the rail road and the waiting area. However, the peaceful aura was broken seconds later when a high pitch scream echoed through the air. People rushed to find the source of the voice and saw a lady in a scared state. The people around her were about to ask for the reason but she quickly pointed her fingers in the rail road. Confusion took over people’s face but curiosity took over seconds later so they followed the direction that the lady had given.

 

Horror, shock, terror and confusion were all the expressions can be seen on the people’s face. There, they saw the young lad earlier laying on the railroad as if he hadn’t been in his right mind and what’s more is that they can see the light of the train slowly approaching and they know it’s too late to save the latter.

 

 

 

 

“There has been an awful accident here in the Seoul Train station. There was a young man who had known to be a business man who committed, what looks like to be a suicide. Police showed that the whole accident was actually a self-action based on what the witnesses said--

 

 

WooHyun turned off the t.v. and looked over behind his shoulders.

 

“Goodmorning sleepyhead” he said to a half-asleep myungsoo. The latter only nod as a reply.

 

“I made some pancakes, they’re on the table” he said then grabbed the book that he had been reading earlier and continued what he had left.

 

 

Myungsoo only managed to let out a groggy “thanks.” to his housemate. Being childhood friends, the two decided to rent out a place of their own since college started. They may not share the same major but they still bump to each other occasionally in the campus and having a house 600 km away they decided it would be the best to have a place of their own near the university.

 

Myungsoo made himself a coffee and grabbed a few pieces of the half-burnt pancakes that WooHyun made earlier and made himself comfortable on the sofa next to his friend. He got the remote and turns on the t.v. and flipped through the channels while munching on his food.

 

 

“So are you going to work today?” his greasy friend asked, eye’s still concentrating on the book. Oh how he could manage to read through the sounds of the t.v.

 

“Yeah, I received a message from my boss when I woke up saying he needed some help on the newly delivered antiques” the latter said with a mouthful of food.

 

“I bet that guy’s too old to carry some heavy stuff that’s why he’s asking for your help”

 

“Yah respect your hyung, just because he’s your friend doesn’t mean you could treat him as a grandpa” Myungsoo scolded.

 

“I didn’t say he was a grandpa, you did” his friend defended. The other just sighed as a sign of defeat.

 

“Whatever” he then continues on finishing his breakfast.

 

After filling his stomach he got up and get ready for work.

 

 

 

 

“annyeong hyung” Myungsoo greeted.

 

“Oh Myungsoo you’re here. Good, I really needed your help” His little-eyed boss said while wiping a fill of sweat.

 

The latter settle down his bag on one of the antique chairs and walked towards his boss to help out.

“What should I do?” he asked.

 

“Oh, you just have to put those things inside the storage room. Be careful with the paintings, they’re not as light as you think they are”

 

By the mention of the word painting the images of Cossette immediately clouded Myungsoo’s mind. Oh, how much he missed her. They haven’t been in contact ever since Myungsoo agreed to help her out, and it’s about two weeks already. He did everything he could just to see her again but to no avail. He doesn’t know why but it seems like Cossette had forgotten about him. Sometimes he even wonder if it all just a dream, but deep down inside he knows that the kiss they shared together was real, well at least for him.

 

 

“hello, earth to Myungsoo” Sunggyu waved a hand in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter