[16] All souls day

Change Me

 

All Souls Day


Scent of melted candles roam around my nostrils. Fresh flowers properly placed in each respected family tomb. Children running around from left to right as family of each visits their beloved ones that had passed away, as me and my mom walked towards dad's.

It has been a week since my mom had been sent home from the hospital after she recovered fully from the past incident. And since then, I had noticed that there's something going on with my mom and Uncle Wu, as he frequent to come by our house very much often. Not like I'm totally against with my mom's new found love - she's still too young anyway, and I've always wanted to have a younger siblings - it's just I'm worried with Uncle Wu's family's say about this.

Unlike the others that we passed by earlier, Dad's not buried six-feet under, rather his ashes was placed with a delicate white stoneware jar, kept inside a small cube room with enough space for the jar to fit, with his picture - taken I think by the time he and mom got home from their honeymoon, as what they had told me - placed just behind the jar.

I took it and dust off the bits of dust lingered on the picture frame. As I remembered one person, Jongin.

It's been a week as well from the night Jongin had saved me from the rooftop, me being sick from fatigue and having a weak body, brought me home and ended up falling asleep inbetween his arms, then waking up the next morning with Kyungsoo beside me. That's when i had doubts if that night's incident was really real or just a moment of an explicit replica of reality that I wanted to have at that moment. But what happened the next day says otherwise, and for some unknown reason, I felt relieved.

-----

"Hey where do u think u're going?" Kyungsoo chimed as soon as he saw me descended the stairs.

"Yah! you scared me!" you half shouted as you drag your two feet towards the kitchen where Kyungsoo is, in the process of preparing your breakfasts.

"You still haven't left? What about the cafe?" grabbing the toast bread as you settled on one of the chair across Kyungsoo.

"I'm asking where are you going? Cafe is closed for today, and even if it is not the Cafe won't be open until before lunch." Kyungsoo breathe. "So don't avoid the question." he said in a more serious tone.

"Umm.. School?" you mumbled.

"Looking like that?" he half shouted.

"What? Did I wore my uniform wrong?" I tried to check myself on the mirror hanging by the wall just right next to the kitchen's door. When my forehead landed a loud thud on the mirror as Kyungsoo hit the back of my head.

"AH! Yah! what was that for?" rubbing your forehead right after.

"You're not going anywhere today lady" as Kyungsoo dragged you back in the kitchen. "Eat! and take a rest after." he commanded. You just sighed.

The truth is, you're still not well and your head is pounding really hard from the headache.

But despite not feeling good or being bullied by your classmates like almost everyday isn't enough reason for you to neglect your school duties. That's why you had decided to go to school in spite not feeling well. But who would know Kyungsoo would still be there? No one.

It didn't spare you the chance to think when Kyungsoo suddenly asked where is your mom. You told him about what happened and Kyungsoo was too dumbfounded, that right after you fell asleep he runs to the Hospital to check on her.

You didn't expect two of your classmates or your so-called friends to be standing infront of your house later that afternoon as you opened the door.

----

You're woken up by the knock on the door downstairs. "Kyungie~" you mumbled.

When you noticed that there's no sign of Kyungsoo on getting the door, you'd decided to go get it yourself. That's when you noticed Kyungsoo's note on the table by the entrance door saying he went to the hospital and he'll be back by dinner. Poor Kyungie.. you thought.

Another knock came and that startled you. You forgot that's the main reason you went downstairs in the first place.

As you opened the door, you felt butterflies rammed violently around your stomach.

"H-hyunjae-ah!" Luhan shouted as he tackled you with a hug.

"L-Luhan" dumbfounded you hugged him back. You stared at Kai who's still standing infront of you, confused.

"Are you ok now? Did they do anything wrong with you? I heard you got sick?" Luhan can't stop his mouth from asking as more worries rush over him. He wasn't fully aware of what happened yesterday, since none of the two mentioned it to him, until today at class, when he noticed your absence. Because they know how Luhan would hysteric if he knew, like right now.

"I-I'm ok now Lulu" you smiled at him as you placed two glasses of water for the two.

Luhan flushed cheeks gives out that he's happy with the nickname you called him.

"Don't stress yourself" Jongin said concerned. He dragged you by the arm and made you sit beside him.

Luhan flashed Jongin a glare.

"Can you tell us what actually happened?" Luhan said as he settled on your other side.

Blood rushed through your body from what was happening. Having a hard time ignoring the fact that you're sitting between these two, knees touching. Though it's so obvious that there's a lot of space in either side of them. I'm going crazy..

"I-I don't know." you managed to say. "A-All I know is.. I got a note from you and your asking to meet up on the rooftop, although I'm certain it's not really you. But I doubted my instinct and for once again tried to trust on it, but ended up with this" you said blankly.

"It's not your fault Hyunjae-ah!" Luhan shouted agitated. "And I'm sorry" softened by the next second."Those bastards will pay for this!" again he said in agitated. I swear this kid is bipolar.

"Yah chill down buddy." Jongin said before I could answer back, as he crossed his arms. "I have the most grotesque idea ever to make them pay!" he scoffed.

You felt goosebumps run at the back of your head after hearing what Jongin said.

"Stop it you two!" you half shouted. "Whatever you guys thinking, don't- don't even dare to think about or even do it- even just for a sec if it involves me!" you demanded. "I'll hate you guys for life if you do." you threatened as you stood up and went to sit on the sofa across them.

"I was just kidding." Jongin laughed. "But they still need to pay for what they did" he added.

"Enough of that." you said sounding a bit lonely. "I-I'm just glad that I have you guys around. That's enough." you looked up at the two and both of them are staring at you. When suddenly a wild Luhan again appeared.

"Aw Hyunjae-ah! You don't know how happy I am right now having you!" Luhan said locking you inbetween his arms. You just smiled and pat his back.

"I am too" you said.

A bit lost from Luhan's hug, you didn't noticed Kai had approached you as well who's now standing infront of you. Luhan's back facing him. Kai grabbed one of your hand rubbing it with his thumb, when he slowly leaned in to you. Stealing a quick peck on your lips. Dumbfounded you just stared blankly. Jongin seeing your reaction just smirked.

Did he just kissed me?...

-----

"What are you smiling about?" my mom blurted suddenly waking me out of trance. Until then I realized I was touching my lip.

"N-nothing!" I said surprised putting down my hand pretending to fix the flowers even though there's no need for it.

Still a bit flustered after remembering it, it then hit me. Stop it Hyunjae-ah!It was just a quick peckNo! it was my first!It's not even a real kiss for christsakeIt's still a KISS!, mentally debating with myself, I grunt frustratedly.

The visit from Dad's included Mom asking for his blessing for her new found love. Few chitchats like the oldtime. Laughing so hard every now and then. And lastly, mom announcing he's getting married with Uncle Wu.

"What?" I asked a bit surprised. I knew it would end to this, but not this soon.

Mom's recovery, me getting new friends, recovering Kyungie's cafe, everything ended quite well, or so I thought my worries had finally died down. But here comes another. I guess there's still more to come?  Aaargh~! I shouted mentally.

----------

Here's another short update.
I hope I had included what needs to be included. lol

Sly Kai is sly. hahaha omg!

I wonder what would be Kris' say about the marriage between his dad and her so-called faithed one's mom.

That is for you to find out until the next update. kk

Have fun reading.

Btw I didn't proofread this so, 'm sorry if u'll find many grammar mistakes...:)