[17] Punishment

Change Me

I can't help but feel nervous everytime I came across Jongin. Unconciously my body automatically turns the other way around whenever I sighted his figure even from afar. Trying to be invisible as hard as I can. There was even a time when I had to hide at an empty locker just to avoid him. No I don't hate him. I just feel nervous, that's all. But the only place where I can't really avoid him is during class time.

"Hyunjae-ah! are you finally free today? it's been a week since we ate lunch together and hangout." Luhan said pouting trying his best to be pitiful enough.

"Uuh ok." was the only word I was able to uttered. I can't bring myself to reject Luhan's invitation once more, after all week of refusing him just to avoid Jongin.

"Yay! Finally! Let's go!" he chimed in excitement.

We're on our way to the cafeteria when i felt the urge of going to the toilet.

"Luhan I need to go to the toilet. Go ahead, I'll follow you shortly." you said as you gave him a heartwarming smile.

"O-ok, don't take too long though. Contact me when something went wrong." you sent him another warm smile and a nod motioning you heard him.

As soon as you stepped out of the toilet room, someone grabbed you as he dragged you towards an empty room, just next to the girls toilet room. In your point of view it's some kind of an old stock room, since loads of boxes and used tarps and props were scattered around the whole room.

You eyed the guy responsible for you being there. Your heart rate not slowing down as you tried to contemplate what was happening.

"W-who are y-you?" you said with a hint of nervousness in the tone of your voice.

You can't figure out who's the person standing infront of you. All you could see was a silhouette of a man, that's one thing for sure.

"Is this another prank!? because it's not funny anymore!" you said half shouting. Feeling scared of what might come next. Oh god please, someone save me! you mentally shouted and unconciously blurted a name you yourself didn't expect you'd even mentioned at that moment. "Jongin..."

"You called me?" Jongin himself felt surprised at the mention of his own name.

"W-what?" you looked up trying to analyze the person infront of you. There's no way... Don't tell me... your thought was cut-off when you felt Jongin scooted closer to you.

"W-wait" you brought your hands up infront of you to prevent the guy from getting any more closer. But ended up resting it in his chest. You felt dizzy for a second and tried to keep yourself up.

The next thing you know was that his lips already crushed into yours. You had the urge to push him back but your body says otherwise. Although you know that this isn't right but the way he kisses you felt just right. You gasp for air after a minute or so of having a short make-out session although it's only lips involved. Jongin resting his head on the nook of your neck.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Jongin asked depressed still not lifting his head up.

"I-I'm.. I'm sorry" you whispered. Jongin finally lookep up turning your head to face him, while your hand w/c unconciously ended up tangled around Jongin's neck still hanging.

"Do you hate me?" I sense loneliness in Jongins voice although I can't clearly see his facial expression right now.

"What? No, no! I didn't say that!" I defended.

"Then why?"

"I-I just... I feel nervous whenever I'm around you. I can't breathe, can't think straight. It's my first- first time having these feelings and I'm confused. I don't know what to do."

"You don't have to do anything." Jongin said as he brought me into a tight hug. "And don't avoid me either" he demanded vehemently.

There was silence.

"W-why did you kissed me btw?" I asked. I know it's not normal to ask about it. But for some reason, I'm so curious. I was hoping for a certain answer that I wish he could give me. Jongin stiffened for a moment but still answered.

"The one at your house?" he asked.

Well I was pertaining to the kiss earlier, but yeah I almost forgot, "Yeah that too!". He chuckled a bit as he answered after stealing another peck on your lips.

"Payment." he said still gazing at me.

"Yah!" surprised at his suddeness. "Payment?" I asked confused.

"For saving you duh!" he said. I felt I blushed at the memory. If it wasn't for Jongin, who knows what already had happened to me back there.

"A-about that. T-thank you! again." I said hanging my head low.

He brought his fingers up touching my lower lip as he lifted up my chin, and made another round of sweet yet gentle kiss. I can't believe I'm doing this, I mentally knocked my head. As soon as we gasped for another air, I continued.

"And this?"

"Punishment."

"Punishment for what?" I asked flabbergasted.

"For avoiding me." he replied. For certain reason, his answer somewhat pangs my heart. What am I even expecting? I punched him on the arm ang grunt.

"Ouch! W-what?" Jongin asked confused.

"I hate you!" I said half annoyed as I pushed him a little getting out from his grip.

"What's wrong?" Jongin left puzzled as you approached the door.

"And I hate you for stealing my first kiss!" you said before closing the door living Jongin behind.

"Wait! what?" it took him few seconds until it finally sinked in.

"I was his first kiss?" he mumbled. Jongin can't help but smile to himself after learning that he got your first kiss. Huh screw Luhan! he laughed evily.

"Stupid-freaking- Jongin!" you mumbled. Although you're a bit disappointed with Jongin's answer earlier, you can't help but smile on the memory of him kissing you. The way he kissed you, is so delicate, gentle and sweet. That's why you thought he did it out of love, but it wasn't. Is he just playing with me? you thought.

You're already half way to the cafeteria when Luhan approached you.

"Hey~" you called out.

"Hyunjae-ah what took you so long? I thought something went wrong..." but was cut-off when Jongin walks-in in your conversation.

"Nothing wrong happened. We just talked" Jongin emphasizing the word talked.

"What did you talk about?" Luhan a bit confused, shifting his gaze back n forth to you and Jongin, expecting an answer from the both of you.

"D-don't mind him, he's just being stupid!" you said. Since you're the one who said it, Luhan just shrugged it off as he pulled you towards the cafeteria. Jongin scoffed following the two of you behind.

"First" you heard Jongin murmured. That made you turned around and glare at him. He just chuckled.

"So how was the wedding preparation coming along?" Luhan asked as you guys settled on your usual table.

"What wedding?" Jongin didn't know about it. You only told it to Luhan, because it was during those days when you're trying so hard to avoid Jongin.

"Mine and Hyunjae-ah." Luhan proudly stated.

"Dream on!" Jongin sneered. And Luhan just glared.

"Stop it you two!" you sighed in frustration. "Nothing, my mom is just getting remarried." you said plainly as you slumped on the table.

"Is that a trend right now?" Jongin joked taking his seat infront of you.

"Why you say so?" you asked.

"Well my friend's dad is getting remarried too. And they're both ecstatic about it. What about you? Aren't you happy?" he said nudging you on the leg, you just eyed him.

"I'm happy about it. And I don't have anything against it really. It's just..." I sighed. "I'm worried with his first family. Although I met his son already and he seems fine. Not sure with the rest though."

"He has a son? How old? Luhan asked agitated.

"What's the fuss buddy? Chill! he could be under ten." Jongin defended.

"Around my age actually, or older??" you said tilting your head innocently.

The two looked at me in sync, a hint of bewilderment attached on both faces. I can't help but laughed at their reaction. Seriously, I don't know what to do with these two. "W-what!?" I said still laughing.

----------

Since I had nothing else to do while I was in the cemetery last night. I was able to write this through my phone. So like the previous chapter, I didn't proofread this. So I'd like to apologize for all the grammatical errors you'd come up with as you read this.:)

Hope you enjoy this update. Have fun reading!  :)