January Wedding

The Ballad of Minho and Key

A/N: To set the mood for this story/understand it, please listen to January Wedding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8MH73xE41I. I want this song to be played at my wedding. God. So sweet. Please enjoy. 

 

It was a sunny, august day. Key sorted through his wedding invitations in the late afternoon. He would be more efficient at this, but something kept drawing his eye away from the envelopes and seating charts. This something was his long-time boyfriend and soon to be husband, Minho. Minho was outside playing around with a football while humming, genuinely happy to be out in the sun. 

Key smiled. He thanked whatever force was out there that he had Minho, someone who loved only Key back. Their romance was pure and simple. 

Key remembered the times when he was too shy to ask Minho out, and would just sit on the bleachers of their college football field to watch him play, when he was feeling well. Neither ever even wondered if they were together anymore though. Key had proposed. And that was that. 

Looking down at his beautiful invitation he was about to stuff in an envelope, he could not even believe that in January, they were getting married. 

 

That night when the two got tired, they just laid in bed, Minho trying not to fall asleep, while Key was absorbed in a book. Key like always asked how Minho's day was and if anything exciting happened. Minho, so tired, would answer in a voice so soft and return the question. Although to others, his sweet, tired, voice would be inaudible, Key knew exactly what he was saying. 

One could say that the two's hearts were connected. They always knew what the other was thinking. One and the same. 

 

 

Key would think every night about how they met in college for the first time. Key had just gotten out of a toxic, complex, ehausting relationship, one where he was being used and abused, but was blinded by love. He was sick of heartache when he met Minho. Minho on the other hand, was sick with depression, and it was consuming his life. Both were not ready for a new anything, but in the end, both surrendered to love. They had to. You cannot turn down true love. Ever. 

 

It was not crazy at all to think the way Key did. Key knew that both of them had dark pasts and things they had to live with, and Key would be lying if he said he didn't need protection himself. Minho was his rock. Key needed Minho's protection and needed Minho to show him the simple, pure side of love, that he had never experienced before. Key thought it was beautiful. 

 

Key just held the sleeping Minho's hand to his heart as he thought about how come January, they were getting married. 

 

 

It did not matter what had happened in the past, because Minho knew how to show Key how to love. And he did. And Key loved Minho more than anything else in the world. Minho relished great happiness knowing simple things, like which types of trees were around their house, and which birds were singing at different times in the day. He knew these things because he made a firm decision to not overcomplicate his life any longer, and spent long days outside and of course, with Key. 

 

Key was still learning how to let go to all else but Minho and the life they had waiting for them. 

But he would learn it one day, soon. Because in January, they were getting married. 

 

Key looked into his lovely Minho's sleeping face, kissing his hand, intertwining their long fingers. 

He whispered before falling into a peaceful sleep, "Come January, yeobo, let's get married." 

 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed it! Although Jongho is my OTP and Onkey is a second, Minkey makes for amazing stories as well. Thank you! <3