Swept Away

The Ballad of Minho and Key

A/N: So to understand and set the mood for this story, please listen to Swept Away (the sentimental verison) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec8BDAtlc7E. Please enjoy. 

 

Minho had seen him once. And he needed to see him again. And he did. Again and again.  

 

Minho had been on vacation with his family, at a nice beach house for a good part of the summer. That night, with his brother, the two ventured to a nearby hot spot, where a lot of teenagers would hang out to get to know other kids on the island. His brother, much more outgoing, found friendly faces immediately, leaving Minho by himself feeling very lost indeed. 

 

Minho's eyes darted towards the dance floor, where he saw a flash of blonde hair. Minho's eyes followed where the blonde hair, that stood out so much in this crowd, as the person's head the hair belonged to bobbed in between other dancing people. In the clearing of people, there Minho saw, perhaps the most breathtakingly gorgeous being. Some other guy had asked for the pale, long legged, perfectly perfect blonde to dance with him. 

 

Minho watched as the blond boy twirled and whirled around the floor, his dancing was elegant and his genuine happiness for the moment was making him glow. 

 

Without even talking, looking back at Minho, the boy had swept him away. He didn't care about the next day. Tomorrow was just tomorrow, another day, another chance that he could see the boy. 

 

That was the night that changed everything. Minho came back again and again, finally having the courage to talk to the boy, who was named Kibum, but liked to be called Key better. Key turned out to be a bit older than Minho, and would blush everytime Minho bowed and called him hyung. 

 

They laughed and chatted like old friends, enjoying each other's company each time Minho came. 

 

They needed to see more of each other however. 

 

The first time Key decided he needed to see Minho in the late afternoon, rather than just at night, it was raining, but still sunny. The island had a beautiful rainbow arching above it and disappearing into the clouds. Although Key had a family dinner and his parents really wanted him to be there, he called Minho anyway, telling him to come to the front of his beach house. Minho arrived, with a flower in his hand. Key looked out over the balcony, his breath taken away at the sight of the rain-soaked Minho. Key began to climb down from his window, and when he hit the ground, he took Minho's hand and they ran as fast as they possibly could. They wanted to be out of reach. Away from all else. 

 

As Key looked down at the sleeping Minho, who's head was resting in Key's lap, Key could only think about how he was utterly and completely swept away...off his feet by Choi Minho. 

 

The boys still had a few weeks to spend with each other...weeks full of long hugs, running in the rain, and secret, stolen kisses. 

 

"Minho ah, you know, your mine now. I love you."

"Hyung...what do you mean by that?" 

 

Minho loved Key. He was sure of it, but the summer was flitting away, how could Key say that when they had only known each other for a short time, and that they may never see each other again. 

 

Key knew why MInho was saying this. Hurt, but he knew why. Life had this bad habit of changing, but there was some comfort. He would always love Minho and find comfort in their romance, no matter how long it went on. 

 

As Key danced with Minho the last night of their vacation, both of the boys knew that they were bound forever...their hearts and sould would not love another. 

 

"Key hyung....what about tomorrow...I'm leaving...I can't lose..."

"Shh..Minho ah. Who cares about tomorrow? It's just another day."

"But Key hyung....we're..." 

"Baby, we will always be together. Always." 

 

Key decided right then he would always find Minho and he was not going to let him go. Minho knew Key was the one, he wanted Key with him all the time. 

Dancing with Minho, Key definitely found heaven. This place was so pure, so lovely, Minho was his angel. 

 

The fear of losing each other just dissolved, they were not letting go. They swept each other away. 

 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this one. All of these songs make me sob and I think they are perfect inspirations. Thank you!