Chapter5- Missed Chance

Counter promises

 

CHAPTER 5 – Missed Chance

Bom is still sleepy when she went downstairs to drink water but Bom was surprised to see Natalie crying while sitting in their dining room.

“Unnie? …Are you crying?” Bom asked.

Natalie turns around and wiped her tears.

The two sits and talk about their love problems.”It’s OK Natalie-unnie. Just tell what happened?”Bom said as she puts her hand in Natalie’s back.

“Last week, me & Ralph had a dinner and I didn’t expect that he’ll say he don’t like me anymore. At first I thought he’s just joking but he’s not!” Nathalie said with teary-eyed.

“What? He really said that? Oh sorry, continue Unnie.” said Bom.

“He also said that we can never be more than friends. After he said that, I leaved since I don’t want to hear anything from him. *sigh* Well that’s life, sometimes the person we like the most, don’t like us. The person that you exerted more efforts, don’t appreciate those efforts. And sometimes the person you treated special, take you for granted.” Natalie continues.

“But you said last night that Ralph wants you to be there in the club. How do you know that Ralph is in that club?” Bom asked then grab a corn bread.

“My friend told me where they are and he also said Ralph is with a girl…A new girlfriend I guess.”Natalie rolled her eyes then holds a cup of coffee.

“I can’t believed that Ralph can do that!. Tsk…tsk…”Bom shakes her head and sigh.

“I’m sorry if I didn’t tell this to you Bommie. Now, it’s your turn can you tell me what happened last night?”Natalie asked and sips her coffee.

“TOP & I broke up. I saw him kissing with other girl. I didn’t control myself so I slapped him. And like what we usually do, we argue, we fight, I walked out but this time we’re OVER!” Bom rolled her eyes.

“Oh that bastard someday he’ll gonna realize how important I am and he’ll regret the day he let me go!”

Bom exclaim then suddenly Bom switch into a sad mood.

“Ummm,…Unnie , I have something to tell you…….although Im not yet sure but,…Im going back to Korea” said Bom with a sad face.

“What!?....This is more heart breaking than what Ralph said. But Why?” Natalie asked.

“Umma called me last week and she said she really miss me. The way Umma talk it’s like she really want me to go back. And besides I don’t wanna tell lie anymore. Ever since I lived here in America, lies started. But I’m still deciding if I should go back or not yet.”

“If you go back in Korea I probably gonna miss you! But make sure when you decide you’re in a good mood ok? ” Natalie said then suddenly the doorbell rang.

“It’s already late I’ll just go and find out who da heck dares to interrupt our talk. “Natalie smirks and went near to the door to peak. Natalie gasped when she saw it was TOP.

“Wow! That ‘someday’ didn’t take too long to make him realize and regret.” Natalie said to herself. She sign a signal to Bom that TOP is outside.

“What the ?! Ummm… Just tell him Im not here, make him leave! Bom said in a soft voice.

“No! You guys should talk!” Natalie walks towards to Bom.

“BUT…” Bom try to reason out but Natalie interrupts her.

“Aish!~ No ‘buts’ go , talk to him! And besides if you don’t talk to him, he’ll not gonna leave.” Natalie pushes Bom. Bom just pout until she got near the door. She opened the door and unlike what she always does, she didn’t greet TOP and give him a what-are-you-doing-here face.

“Ummm,… B-Bom  I-I-Im sorry! I don’t even know what I’m doing last night. I don’t even know that girl! I was drunk last night so I don’t know what I’m doing! Sorry, and I don’t mean what I said” Top trying to convince Bom.

“After what you did you still have guts to show your face here huh?!...TOP you always do that, after you did mistakes and after you hurt me you always say sorry but you still keep on hurting me!” Bom said while her arms cross.

“Bom, please give me a chance! Promise I will change. I realized that I was wrong. I love you so much.” TOP please Bom.

“TOP I already gave you so many chance but you just take it for granted. Now GO away and besides im sleepy!” Bom is about to close the door but TOP stopped her.

“I promise if you will give me a last chance, I will change! I’ll do anything just to forgive and be my girl again….”

TOP tries to please her but Bom is being stubborn.

“As if you’ll do that I’m fine living without you! Go away!”

“Bom  please!” TOP begged.

“Fine! I’ll think of it if you deserve one last chance. Now can you please GO!” said Bom then closes the door.

TOP leaved with a sad face while Bom is staring at him as he walks and leave. Bom went back to the dining room and afterwards they decided to go back in their own rooms and sleep.

The next day, Bom pack her things and ready the important papers and her passport for her travel back to Korea. Natalie knocks and got inside to help her.

“You said you’re not yet sure if you’re going back to Korea, then why are you preparing already?” Natalie asked then hand Bom’s clothes.

“In case I’ve already decide. “Bom said while folding her clothes.

“Then how about TOP ? He’s asking for a ‘chance’ right? “Natalie said.

“Well, I already gave him much chance he need but unfortunately he just takes it for granted.” Bom rolled her eyes and continue folding.

“Really ? You didn’t give him chances I think,….more on, you spoiled him!...but is there anything that can make you stay just a little longer?” Natalie asked.

Bom sat in her bed to think, then suddenly it’s like an imaginary light bulb appears in Bom heads.

“I know! Aha! “ Bom exclaim.

Natalie gets nearer to Bom to hear her idea.” Since I still don’t know if im going back in Korea, TOP is gonna be the answer.”

“Okay, then?” Natalie asked with a confused face.

“Before of my flight I’ll tell TOP that I’m going back in Korea but I will not tell him to chase, wait or meet me. It depends on him if he will do that! And if TOP will appear, then I’m not going back in Korea, at the same time it means I’m going to give him another chance. But if he doesn’t appear, it means he’s not sincere and I’ll have to go.”Bom smirk.

“Tsss~...that’s it? It’s very easy! Of course TOP will appear!“ Natalie said in disappointments.

“Unnie I’m not yet finish! … I will just inform him by sending him a box with a note in his place. I will not call or text him; it will be a big surprise to him that I’m leaving! And when he got home, he’ll see the note and rush just to stop me!”

“In short, you want TOP to get tired first before you give a chance, right?!” Natalie said with left-eyebrow raised.

“Well he deserved that! After what he did, …. That’s not enough. Ummm…Unnie are you going to help me or what?!” Bom stands to open her cabinet and continue to pack her clothes.

The day came that Bom will leave in short just a few more hours for Bom’s  flight back in Korea. L

Natalie ties her hair up and went kitchen to prepare breakfast like what she always do, She’s surprised that Bom is there humming while cooking pancakes.

“Oh you’re early! Why?” Natalie asked and helps Bom.

“Just like what I planned, I left a box and a note in TOP’s place that’s why I woke early and instead going back to bed, I decided to prepare breakfast.” Bom smiles then flipped the pancake.

“You know Unnie, it’s kinda weird that TOP’s  place is quite it seems like he’s not home.” Bom said and place the plate full of pancakes on the table.

“Maybe he’s still sleeping. Anyway are you sure that your going back in Korea?” Natalie gets a plates and forks then place on the table.

The two girls sat and eat.

“TOP is gonna be the answer!” Bom said and eat.

After breakfast, they prepare everything. Bom is carrying her shoulder bag while Natalie helps Bom to carry her baggage inside the taxi. They get inside and bid goodbyes.

“If ever TOP won’t come and you decided to go… I will miss you so much! And don’t give up on your dreams! You can still be a famous singer in Korea. Im always here to support you even you’re in Korea.”

Natalie said then hugs Bom.

“I will miss you too! Thank you for everything you did to me Unnie!” Bom said.

 

Meanwhile TOP isn’t home, he’s in the club and sleeping. After he heard Bom’s words he felt sad and hurt that’s why lately he go to clubs and get drunk.

“Ummm…Mister? Wake up! We’re going to close.” The club owner said trying to wake TOP.

“I already contact your friend to pick you up, here’s your phone.”

TOP grabbed his phone while his hand in on his head because of hangover.

Ralph helped and drives TOP to get home.

“Oh my head! I HATE HANGOVERS!” TOP exclaim.

 

*Airport*

Bom and Natalie finally arrived in the airport.

“Do you think TOP will follow me here?” Bom asked .

Natalie helps Bom to get the baggage. “All we need to do is waiting.” Natalie said and stand besides Bom.

 

*TOP’s Place*

“Thanks for the help Ralph! Im sorry if I dist---“ TOP saw the box with a note saying that Bom is leaving.

TOP get in of the car and drive fast. He’s in the middle of the road when his car stopped because the gas is almost empty.

“SH*T! asdfghjkl $%&$*(W^#$$%#@:) !!!!! Bad timing!” TOP has no choice but to leave his car and run.

 

*Airport*

Bom….ummmm I think you should go now. You don’t want to be left out here right?” Natalie reminds Bom.

“Just a few more minutes!” Bom said.

   ******

TOP don’t mind his hangover and keep running. He was thinking of Bom so that he won’t stop running.

But unfortunately Bom loses her faith that TOP will come so she decided to go. She smile and wave at her cousin as she walks while carrying her baggage but deep inside Bom is sad and still hoping.

At last TOP make it to the airport sweating and panting but Bom already left.

______________________________________________________________________________

 Sorry if I made you guys wait. >..<; yep, this chapter is long hihihihi ...that's why  the previous chapter I divide Chapter 4 into two .