Captured

DECISION

 

Chapter 5 : Captured

 

Jay, Siwon, and Changmin were gathering in their room. They were speaking no words since their arrival in the headquarter this morning. Donghae's death yesterday was the most tragic thing they had ever met. They were still in mourning because of it. Siwon just stood up quietly, staring out the window. His mind was still remembering his friend. There was someone knocked at the door, breaking the silence. The door pushed open to reveal their Captain. He walked into the room.

Jay looked at his captain and straightened, "Captain Go?" He called.

"I knew it, all of you are mourning about Donghae, and me too. But, we have to continue our destiny."

Siwon turned around. "Do you have something to tell us?" He asked.

"Yes. I got information that Dongjoo's gangster was known to have a trading in the small town near Busan. You can check it if its true or not, but be careful. After what happened to Donghae, it’s the sign that they are very dangerous. Here is the address." He put a piece of paper on the table.

"Yeah, we'll go there, no matter what." Siwon said, taking the address.

“Okay.. Do your best.. I’m leaving.” Captain Go said before walked out the room.

Jay glanced at his brother. Siwon's eyes was staring fiercely like it's ready to burn everything before him.

“Come on guys, we have to go now.” Siwon said and headed to leave the room but Jay’s voice stopped him in his place.

“As your team leader, I tell you. Don’t go to that place. It might be a trap.” Jay told his brother.

Siwon turned to face his leader, “What did you say? After what they did to Donghae, you just want to let them go?”

Jay took a long breath before he continued, “Donghae is the spy, so they killed him. It’s Donghae note that written about our database password. He leaked our NII information. He was also the reason why our movement could be easily read.” He showed the paper in his pocket to Siwon.

Siwon took the paper and read it. “You show me this thing? It’s not a proof, someone else might be just used his paper. How could you be suspicious to your own friend?” He gave back the paper to Jay. “I don’t believe it. One thing that I know now, we have to catch them!”

“Donghae betrayed us. He is the spy. Why don’t you understand it?!” Jay snarled.

“You’re the one who didn’t understand! I don’t believe that he is the spy. If he is their spy, they would not kill him. I knew him longer and better than you! He would not do such a thing like this. Beside that, this is our chance to stop their movement and catch them.” Siwon snarled back at his brother. “... Or ... Are you afraid of them that they will kill you too? Are you afraid to die in this case?”

“I’m not afraid! I just want to think and prepare everything. We need the strategy before we go.”

“We had lost a friend, and you act like you don’t care. I can’t believe that the person like you became the leader here. The one who can’t protect his team.”

Hearing that words, Jay clenched his fist tightly.

“I’m going.” Siwon stared coldly at Jay before leaving him, smashing the door closed.

Changmin just kept silent at his comrades fighting. Jay took a glance at him, he just hoped Changmin would be in his side this time.

“I’m sorry..” Changmin said in low voice and left his leader alone in his room to go with Siwon.

Jay punched his fist on the wall beside him with all his strength, letting out the emotion in his heart. He didn’t know why he felt like he had failed as the leader.

*

*

*

Siwon and Changmin were preparing their guns and everything needed in their utilities room, getting ready to go. They headed to leave the room, but Jay was standing in the door way.

“Why are you here?” Siwon asked.

“We are team. No matter what happen, we are one. Besides that, I’m the one who take responsible for you, so I’ll go with you.”

“Whatever you said. Let’s go.” Siwon pushed Jay aside to make his way out, followed by Changmin. Jay began following them from behind.

*

*

*

The trio were getting down from the car. Siwon was leading the team, followed by Jay and Changmin. They scanned of the area. This small town was having their regular activities. They were walking straight to their destiny, to the abandoned house like its written in the address. They got ready with their guns in hands and communicators. Siwon stepped quietly into the front door, pushing it open slowly. He peeked into the room from behind the door and saw some of the secret organization members were walking inside. One of them realized their present and shot a warning shoot in Siwon direction as the bullet hit the door with a loud bang. Siwon jolted up and moved to to the wall, avoiding his shooting.

“They knew our present. Let’s separate and block their escape. I’ll go from here. Jay you go to the left. Changmin, you go to the right.” Siwon gave the order.

The two nodded. “Be careful, don’t lose contact with us.” Jay said.

“Hn. I know.” Siwon said and stepped inside the main room with his gun on his hand.

Jay and changmin split, running to their own directions.

The man in black shot his rifle to Siwon, he bent down and hid behind the table. The bullet missed him, breaking the vase next to him. Siwon raised a hand to shoot him back, aiming it to his villain hand. He screamed in agony as the bullet errupted his hand, his rifle falling down to the floor. Siwon run to him, and punched him hard in the face, sending him onto the ground.

The man sneered and spat the blood out from his mouth, “I can’t believe, you could easily get in our trap..” He said.

Siwon frowned at his statement, grabbing him by his collar and pulled him up by force. His eyes gazed fiercely at him. “Trap?”

*

*

*

Jay was looking at every directions to find someone hiding behind the window. It made him curious. He stepped forward, following someone's shadow to the other room alone. The room looked empty. However, he always set his eyes in alert for an unpredictable attack. Then, two of the gang members suddenly attacked him. One of them kicked Jay’s hand who hold the gun, dropping it on the ground. The other man run to hit Jay, but Jay moved faster, kicking one of them on the stomach. Jay spun around, landing his last strike on the face. Jay was about to reach his gun, but a man was charging at him. He grabbed Jay arm and twisted it behind his back. Jay then hit his villain's stomach using his elbow which made his villain step backward, releasing his arm. Jay used this chance to punch his face, throwing him to tumble on the floor.

"You can't be underestimated now, Jay." Someone said.

Jay turned around. His eyes grew wide to see someone he knew well who he was.

"You can't be... " Jay said. He was too focus with the man in front of him and didn’t realize what was behind him. The man hit Jay on the back of his head, knocked him out instantly.

"But, you're still easy to be distracted." The man said as he walked closer to the unconscious Jay on the ground. He bent down and took the communicator in Jay’s ear, breaking it with his foot. "We got him. Let's leave this place." He told the man who hit Jay.

*

*

*

Siwon clutched and tugged his villain's collar tightly. "What do you mean?" Siwon asked.

"You are the stupid agents. Didn't you know? Your friend who died yesterday... He had worked for our organization.. and ... we are here for someone.." He sneered at him.

"What-" Siwon was about to ask him more, but he stopped when a loud bang was heard as the man in his hold falling onto the ground. His eyes grew wide to see his villain's death because of the shoot from the back right to his heart. He looked in the direction of the shooting to find a man with his rifle standing in afar.

"." Siwon cursed and run after him, but the shooter had disappeared when he got there.

"Jay was right, Donghae was the spy. I still couldn't believe that he had betrayed us.” Siwon said to himself as he his communicator.

"Jay, can you hear me?" He called Jay from his ear communicator, but there was no answer. "Jay? Jay answer me!"

Then, he heard someone run at him. He turn to see Changmin.

"Senior Choi, we have a problem." He said worriedly.

"What is it?" Siwon asked.

"Senior Kim is no where to be seen. When I was looking for him, I found this on the ground.." Changmin showed him Jay’s broken communicator. "Beside that, all of the gang members had disappeared too."

Siwon cursed inwardly and clenched his fist tightly. "They were here to get Jay. It's their purpose.. Let's get back first and plan what should we do for the next." Siwon command him.

"But, what about Senior Kim? What if they-"

"Just do what I said. They won't kill him, I believe that he is still alive. They must have something to do him. If they wanted him to die, they would just kill him in place, right at this time. Let's go." Siwon put his gun back to its place and headed to their headquarter with the rest of his team.

*

*

*

Jay slowly opened his eyes and looked around him. He was in the kind of warehouse but he didn't know where it was. He just remembered meeting someone, something heavy hit him hard, and everything became dark. He was feeling so dizzy right now. He tried to move his hands but something was restraining them. Jay looked at himself to find that he was bound to a chair, his hands tied up behind his back. 'Great. I got captured.' He said inwardly. He tried to loosen the the ropes around his wrists, but it seemed useless. He then saw someone walking in his direction.

"You wake up?" The man said and stopped his feet in front of Jay.

"Jungmo? You work for this criminal?" Jay asked to his old friend.

"Yes. Why? I think it's none of your bussiness." He said without expression.

"I thought you would be a cop like you said last time. Now look at you, you're just the same with another rat."

"Say what you like. I don't care."

"What do you want from me?" Jay stared at him coldly.

"Nothing. He is the one who need you."

Hearing those words, Jay frowned. Jungmo stepped aside, so Jay could see the man who was standing behind him. Jay knew who he was. He was the gangster leader, Lee Dongjoo, their main target. Dongjoo looked at Jay right into his eyes, but Jay's eyes wasn't wavering at all.

"Jay Kim. I'll say to the point. Where is the money?" Dongjoo asked.

"What money?"

"Don't play stupid. I know who you are."

"So, who am I?"

He sneered, "Stop playing with me, Kim Young Deok, the owner of one hundred million US dollar."

Jay didn't say anything and just stared at his captor.

"Don't force me to explain more."

"... How did you know about this?"

"No need to know. I always know everything. Answer me, where is it?"

"I tell you, it's not my money."

"Yes, its not your money, but your father's money. He transferred it to your account when you were thirteen." He stepped closer and continued, "Now tell me, where did you save it?"

"Why did you want it so badly? I think it's not your money too."

"Half of that money is mine. Didn't you know? Your father and I were allied twelve years ago but he's gone missing with that money. Now, I want my money back, not just a half but all. You didn't use it, right?"

"I will never use something that's not mine."

"So, just tell me now!"

"I don't tell anyone about that money. What make you think I'll tell it to you?"

"Because..." He took out a gun under his coat. ".... Anyone won't shoot a bullet into your head like I will do." He aimed his gun to Jay's forehead.

"If you kill me now, you won't also get the money."

Dongjoo sneered. "Really? At least, I'll be satisfied to kill someone like you." He continued to swing the gun at him with his finger set on the trigger. He was ready to shoot him anytime he wanted.