Final Decision

DECISION

 

Chapter 7 : Final Decision

 

 

Siwon still startled at what had happened. He looked at the unconscious Jay beside him. Then, a flash of his past memory came into his mind.

 

Flashback

 

"Siwon, stop crying... We are okay now. They had gone.." A six years old Jay tried to calm Siwon down.

"B-b-but.. you get hurt.. your nose is bleeding.." Siwon sobbed.

Jay used his hand to erase the blood from his nose. There were also some bruises on his face because he had been beaten up by older children who wanted to steal their money.

"It's okay. You see me, I'm fine." Jay showed his wide grin, jabbing his thumb to himself. "It was my duty as big brother to protect his little brother... Listen to me, my teacher said that a boy do not cry. So, stop crying Siwon." He tapped Siwon shoulder.

Siwon looked at his brother. He then stopped crying, erasing his tears away. He nodded to his older brother.

Jay smiled, "That's my little brother. Now, let's go home." He got up and helped Siwon getting to his feet. They were walking home together.

 

End Of Flashback

 

“Jay? Jay?!” Siwon called and shook Jay’s body, but he got no answer.

Siwon stared at Jay, "Why did you save me again? The one here who need to be saved is you."

He clenched his fist and set his eyes on the man who hit Jay. “Damn you!” He cursed as he got up from the ground and rushed to him, punching him right on the face. He bent down and grabbed his collar, yanking him up by force. “I’ll make sure that you and your gangs will be over now.” With that words he hit him with all his strength, sending him to hit the wall behind before collapsed on the ground.

“Senior Choi, can you help me? I need your back up.” Changmin’s voice was heard from Siwon’s communicator. “Where are you? Are you just alone there?” Siwon asked.

“Yes. There are a lot of men here. Come on!”

Siwon hung up the communicator and glanced at Jay who was lying on the ground and got closer to him. “I’ll be back, Jay. Just hold on..” He said before he rushed to help Changmin.

*

*

*

Lee Dongjoo was surrounded by the cops and NII agents. He kept running and hiding behind the wall, trying to avoid their shootings. His henchmen were captured one by one. There were just some left. He shot the cops with the gun in his hand but it missed them.

“! This is not good. I’ve to escape.” Dongjoo glanced at the car behind his quarters, his brain was thinking so hard about the way out. He didn’t want to end up captured by that agents. He run inside his quarters, trying to find his partners, but they all had collapsed. Then a loud bang was heard. He turned his head to see a bullet hit the wall. If he walked a second faster, it would shoot his head for sure. He was absolutely cornered right now. He then run to another direction and came into the room where he imprisoned Jay before.

Some of his henchmen were lying unconscious on the ground, including his partner Seunggu. “Stupid people! Just go to hell.” He cursed. He looked around him , trying to find something useful. He then formed his evil smirk when he found Jay who regained his consciousness.

Jay slowly opened his eyes, the sudden pain rushed to his head, and it hurt so much. His eyes were still blurry and not focus. He hold his head with one of his hand while the other put a pressure on the ground as he tried to sit up. Suddenly, the strong arm grabbed his neck and pulled him up by force. He was Lee Dongjoo, the gangster leader who was holding and dragging him. Jay's struggling was useless against the strong hold around his neck. This time, he didn’t have enough strength to fight because of the pain in his head and his upper back. He was dragged out of the room to reach the door in the back of his quarters where all agents and cops had been ready in their place to catch Dongjoo.

Jay felt the cold metal barrel was connected to his head. Dongjoo was using him as hostage with the gun aimed to his head.

"Try to make one move, and he'll die!" Dongjoo shouted out.

Jay looked in front of him, there were some of the agents and cops standing with their guns that ready to shoot, but their movement looked hesitant when Dongjoo was threatening them.

“Don’t listen to him.. He’ll still get rid of me in the end..” Jay told the agents.

“Really? You better be quiet.. “ Dongjoo whispered to Jay's ear.

The look in Siwon’s eyes was wavering. He never thought to be in this kind of situation. He would not deny that he was afraid about what should he do to save his older brother’s life.

'! This is not good. Jay was right. Dongjoo was not the typical person who will let someone live although he had got what he want. Even if we give in now, it won't guarantee Jay’s safety. What must I do now?' Siwon thought. Then he remembered something in the past.

 

Flashback

 

The seven years old Siwon was standing behind the door. He overheard what his father and his friend were talking about inside their office.

"How could you shoot your own wife?" His father's friend asked.

"I had no choice. I knew well who he was. If I gave him the briefcase, I was sure that he would shot her after that exchange. I just thought to save both her life and the briefcase in the same time. It’s so hard for me, but it’s the only way to save her life and the briefcase.” His father said.

 

End of Flashback

 

Siwon looked at Jay and Dongjoo in front of him. ‘I hate this situation! No matter what, I have to save him. After what he did to me, I won’t let him die.’ He said in his mind as he thought about something.

“Put your guns down!” Dongjoo snarled at them as he tightened his grip on Jay's neck. “You don’t want to see him die in front of you, right? So, do it now!” He started to pull the trigger.

“Okay! Okay! I‘ll do it!” Siwon shouted out as he put his hands up, and gave a command to the others to put their guns down. Slowly, he was lowering his gun and put it down onto the ground. He kept his eyes on Dongjoo who was stepping backward along with Jay in his hold, he was planning to escape with the car behind him.

Siwon’s gun was a few millimeters above the ground while his eyes was set on Jay. ‘I’m so sorry for this.’ He said inwardly. Then, he quickly raised his gun, shooting Jay right on his leg. Jay was falling onto the ground.  Before Dongjoo could react about what happened, Changmin used this chance to shoot him on the shoulder, making him falling backward on the ground. Jungmo, Changmin and the others rushed to catch Dongjoo while Siwon run towards Jay.

Jay felt the sharp pain from the bullet locked in his thigh as he groaned in agony. The pain in his thigh, back, and head was felt like it spread all over his body. He heard someone was running to him and calling his name, he looked at him. He was Siwon besides him. It’s all that he could see before everything went black.

*

*

*

Siwon was walking the hospital corridor and stopped his feet in front of the patient room. Slowly, he turned the door knob and pushed the door open. He then walked inside the room where Jay was hospitalized. Jay was lying down on the bed with his eyes staring out the window, but when he heard someone's coming, he turned his head to see Siwon.

"You are awake?" Siwon asked and sat on the chair next to his brother's bed.

"Yes.. " Jay answered.

"How are you feeling now?"

"My thigh still hurts, but overall I'm fine."

"About what happened... I'm sorry.." He looked down.

"It's okay.."

Hearing it, Siwon looked at Jay and listened to him.

"I knew it. When someone become a hostage, he was only a burden. The only way to solve it is to make him useless, because there's no use of taking a hostage who can't even stand up. You had made the right decision, Siwon." Jay said.

"But, I still think that it could not be justified too, because I hurt you.." 

Jay smiled at him and said, "It doesn't matter. I'm still alive. If you didn’t do that, he could have killed me for sure.”

“You learned it from father, right?" Jay guessed.

"You knew it?" Siwon asked.

He nodded, "Mom had ever told me about it many years ago before she left."

“There’s something I want to know. Why did you protect me from that hit?”

“Who would not save his younger brother when he was in danger?”

Siwon looked surprised at the answer. It was the same reason when he was child and Siwon had guessed it.  

Jay gave him a warm smile then continued, "Let's just forget about yesterday and be the real brothers as we use to be."

Siwon smiled and replied, "Yeah, sure.. Jay-Hyung."

Jay and Siwon tossed their fists together and chuckled. It was the beginning of their good relationship as brother and partner. They were not noticing that Siwon’s father was walking closer to them from behind.

“Glad to see you all right, Jay.” Siwon’s father said.

Jay and Siwon looked at their father. “Dad?” Jay called.

His father formed a smile. “Hi Jay... It had been a long time I didn’t see you.. I’m sorry, If I took you with me when we divorced, you would not endure this hard time.” His father felt guilty.

Jay smiled, “It’s okay.. It’s all the past. Let’s just walk to the future.. Do you know, Dad? I am so happy to see you again.”

“Me too... About the money, we have to withdraw it from your account. It will be confiscated by government.”

“I know and I will never regret it. That’s not my money from the start.”

His father smiled at his son. “I have to admit that you two did well.. I’m proud of you.”

“That’s our job, isn’t it?” Siwon said, his eyes glanced at Jay.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Jay said in agreement.

“Will you stay with us when you discharge from this hospital?” His father asked.

“B-but..” Jay stammered.

“I don’t mind because we are family.” His younger brother said. “It will be fun, hyung. We are staying together like when we were child.” He added.

Jay was thingking about it, then he glanced at his brother and his father before he answered. “If you want me to stay, I’ll stay..”

"Great!" Siwon was smiling widely.

“That’s my son. Get better soon.” His father tapped Jay’s shoulder.

 

 

 

The End

 


 

Everybody tells you from time to time to never give up like a phrase from a movie

They tell you to stand up for yourself

As if was always that easy

Gather a handful of courage in my heart to go on and survive another day

And I’ll never take it for granted

Let’s go

(Joe Inoue – Closer)

 

Author's Note : 

Thank you so much for following this story till the last chapter. I'm sorry if I disappoint you with anything in this story, especially my english.