The Rescue

DECISION

 

Chapter 6 : The Rescue

 

Siwon and Changmin were gathering in their headquarter with some of other agents and cops. They were discussing about the next strategy to track the gangster's quarters and save their comrade.

“I don’t know the reason why do they want with Jay.. If they captured him to get the information about us, it’s impossible because they had already had Donghae as their spy.” Captain Go said.

“Is it possible that they use Jay to threat us?” Changmin guessed.

“You’re wrong...” Someone said from behind. All of the room occupants turned their head to see a middle age man standing in the door.

Siwon looked surprised to see him. “Dad? When did you come back?” He asked.

Siwon’s father smiled and stepped forward to join their meeting. “I just come back now..” He said to Siwon, then looked at Captain Go. “Look like, you are faced with a hard situation. Lee Dongjoo and the gang are doing their action.”

“Yes.. you’re right. One of our agents was their partner. Now, they have Jay with them.” Captain Go said.

“I know....” Siwon's father said.

“Dad... It was my reckless he was captured.. I’m sorry..” Siwon apologized.

His father glanced at him. “It’s okay. Everyone must have a mistake.. So, just let it go. All we have to do now is to find their hiding place and catch them.”

“Uh... Uncle Choi? What do you mean when you said that I was wrong before?” Changmin asked.

“Dongjoo has been targetting Jay from the start because Jay was the son of Kim Youngmin.”

“Was he Youngmin, one of our best agents long time ago?” Captain Go asked Siwon’s father.

“Yes... He worked together with Dongjoo just to get their money. He was too blinded with money. After he got what he want he left them and quit as agent of NII. He was gone missing and the lastest news that I heard was his death. They said that it’s caused by heart attack.”

“If Jay’s father was dead. What do they want to do with Jay?” Siwon asked.

“Their money... I have a thought that Jay knew about his father’s money and it’s in large amount. That’s why they want him. Jay was a billionaire, but I didn’t think he use it.”

“How did you know that Jay didn’t use his money?” Siwon asked.

“It’s simple, Senior Choi.. If you had already became a billionaire, would you still work as the angent of NII and live in a small apartment?” Changmin told his friend.

Siwon just looked as Changmin and thought about his friend's words. ‘I think you are right.’ He said in his mind.

“Okay.. If it was the matter we have to move fast. Based on what Dongjoo had done, Jay was in the great danger right now. They could kill him anytime.” Captain Go said as he rushed to the agent who was doing on his computer to track Jay’s location. “Do you find something?”

“Not yet... Our cop that we sent to spy on Dongjoo haven’t give me a sign.” He said.

“Okay, keep watching it.”

“Yes, Sir.”

Captain Go turned to the others again. “We have cops on our side now, they will help us in this case. This time we won’t hesitate to attack them. When their lair has been found, we will get in there and stop their action for our nation peace.”

The signal was shown in the screen of the agent who worked at his computer. “Captain, we get the signal. I’ve found their location!” He told his Captain.

His captain turned at him. “Really? Great job!” He said. “Now, let’s begin the war..” He said to all of his team.

*

*

*

Jay stared at Dongjoo who was aiming his rifle to his direction. He would not deny that he was wavering to see the gun set on him. He was not afraid to die, but didn’t want to die in his hand.

“Let me try to talk with him...” Someone said from behind Dongjoo as he walked closer in their direction.

Dongjoo put his rifle down, turning his head to see Kim Seonggu. He smirked “Okay.. Maybe you could persuade him to tell us.”

“Long time no see, Jay.. Do you still remember your uncle here?” Seonggu said when he stood in front of Jay.

“You.. Uncle Seonggu? I never thought that you are the person behind all of this!” Jay stared coldly to his uncle.

“Why? You don’t like me?”

“Yes.” Jay said coldly.

Jay’s uncle sneered. “Let me tell you the truth. I don’t like you too. I think your mother did the same. He abandoned you when you were child, wasn’t it a proof that you’re not worthy at all?”

“Do you know where is my mother?”

“Your mother? I don’t know.. She loves travelling, maybe busy searching for a man she like.. She is like that. Don’t you know it?” He looked at his nephew. “But, fortunately, you had your father who took care of you before he died. Although he was a traitor but I think he was an understanding person. That’s why he gave all his money to his only son. Am I right?”

Jay didn’t say anything to response him. He just stared at him.

“Let’s just make this short. Where is the money? You don’t want to die in this place, right? So, be nice and tell me..”

Jay tried to read his face. He had the same typical with Dongjoo. He would not let him live after he told him about the money. When his uncle offered him a choice, he actually didn’t. He would just end up killing him. “I won’t tell you. It’s all what I could say.” He finally said.

“Why are you so stubborn? Don’t test my patient, Jay...”

“Who care about your patient.”

His uncle sighed. “You give me no choice...” He took a dagger from his pocket. He hold it in his hand, trying to show him how sharp it could be. He swung it to let the blade shining. He put and pressed it on Jay’s cheek and left a thin scar on it. “This dagger can make you feel the pain... I’ll ask you once more before I really torture you. Where did you save the money?”

Then someone burst into the room. Jay’s uncle pressed off his dagger from his nephew's cheek and turned his head to see his henchman.

“We have intruders!” A man told his leaders.

“What?!” Dongjoo surprised.

“There were some of NII agents and cops around us!”

“It is a bad news. We’ll have to go and take an action. Seonggu, I leave him with you.” Dongjoo said before he walked out the room along with his man.

“Yeah...” Seonggu looked at Jay again while Jay was feeling that this time was the end of his life. “Look like, your time is up.” He raised his dagger to stab Jay but Jungmo made his move. He hit a long wooden bar to Seonggu's head, sending him falling onto the ground unconsious. Jungmo took out a handcuff and put in on Seonggu’s wrists.

Jay could only watch his old friend hitting his own boss. ‘Is Jungmo trying to help me?’ He asked inwardly.

“Jungmo?” Jay called as he still didn’t understand about what happened.

Jungmo looked at Jay and got up. “When I said that I would be a cop and wanted to beat you up, I said the truth. I am a cop who spied in this organization. Now, would you mind to take your words back?”

Jay frowned at his question. “Did I say something wrong?”

“Can’t you remember that you called me a rat before?”

Jay smiled at him. “Okay.. I take my words back.. You better untie me now.”

Jungmo walked closer to Jay and began untying his ropes. “You acted so well, why didn’t you be an actor instead of a cop?” Jay asked.

“Stop kidding, we’re not in the situation to have fun.” Jungmo said as he finished undoing the bound.

“Whatever you said.. Thank you...” Jay said, getting up from the chair and rubbing his wrists with his hand. Then they heard someone run to their place. They turned to see Siwon.

“Jay...” Siwon called as he walked closer to Jay and Jungmo.

“You are finally coming...“ Jay said.

Siwon glanced at Jungmo. “Thanks Jungmo for telling us this place...” He thanked him.

“Yeah... It’s my job.”

Then they heard a loud bang, Dongjoo’s henchmen were starting their move. Jungmo raised his gun and shot one of them. “Jay, Siwon. I leave them with you. I’ll take care of the others.” Jungmo said as he run to another room where the shooting was coming.

“Okay.” Siwon said.

The tree men were charging at the brothers. Siwon raised his leg, kicking one in the face. Then he grabbed his enemy arm and twisted it from behind. He used him as a shiled from the attack. He shot his gun to two henchmen, making them fall backward. Jay rushed to get the gun from their falling enemies on the floor and aimed it to the man who was pointing his rifle to Siwon. Jay was shooting him perfectly on his shoulder as the man fell to the ground unconscious.

“I saved your , Siwon.” Jay said.

Siwon looked at Jay and said, “That’s nothing compared to me.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah..”

Jay just rolled his eyes. Then, the other men came in and attacked them. “Why do they keep coming like never ends?” Jay said as they run to avoid every bullet aimed to them, hiding behind the large wood board.

“I don’t know. Why are you asking me?” Siwon said besides him, continued to shoot them.

When all of them had been fallen to the ground and no bang was heard, Jay and Siwon came out from their hiding place. They walked to the center of the room and found a small box set on the floor.

“What is it?” Siwon was about to take it but Jay jerked him backward to stay away from that box.

“Don’t touch it. It’s a bomb!” Jay told him. Right after Jay said those words, the box exploded as the two brothers faced down onto the ground to avoid the explosion. The bomb explosion was not a big one, but it’s enough to damage everything nearby.

Jay looked back at the bomb source. “We are lucky. It’s just a small bomb. How could not you realize it huh?” He said while they were still sitting on the ground.

“Do you just want to say that I am stupid?” Siwon stared at his older brother.

“Yeah.. You’re the one stupid here. Moreover, you didn’t know about the trap that Dongjoo set before.”

“What did you say?! Look at yourself, you got captured easily like you can’t protect yourself. What a shame.” Siwon started to get annoyed.

“At least, I always have the right thought, not like you. I would not get captured If you did what I said, foolish little brother.”

"You..." Siwon had lost his temper after heard those words. He grabbed Jay’s collar and pushed him down, making him on top of Jay. He was clutching his collar tightly, ready to get in the fight. They stared at each other with anger before Jay broke their staring contest. He was looking someone picking up a wooden chair behind siwon, ready to hit him from the back.

Jay widened his eyes. "Look out!" He shouted out as he pushed Siwon aside and turned his position on top of Siwon, using his back as the shield from the upcoming attack. Then, a loud crash was heard from the chair that hit Jay's back and head. The broken wooden chair was scattered into pieces as Jay fell onto the ground unconscious.