Reunion

DECISION

 

Chapter 2 : Reunion

 

Jay Kim and Siwon were eating their lunch together at a restaurant near their headquarter. They sat next to the window that could easily stare at the outside view.

“I hadn’t see you in a long time and you had grown up.” Jay said as he took a sip his coffee. He was sitting on the opposite seat from Siwon.

“.....?” Siwon looked at Jay as put the cutlet into his mouth.

“You didn’t recognize me at all? I must have changed a lot.” Jay said. “Yeah, I know. I didn’t know you too at first. We had been separated when you’re eight. Our parents divorce was the worst thing for us.”

Siwon startled, “You..”

Jay smiled, “Yeah, little brother Siwon. I am Jay, your older brother.”

“Stop calling me little. I’m not little anymore.” He said.

“Don't you miss me?”

Siwon just smiled at him, didn't know how to answer that question.

“By the way, how is father?”

“He’s fine. But, he is in Japan right now. What about mother?”

Jay looked down for a moment before he answered, “I don’t know. She left me when I was thirteen and she never came back. I just hope that’s she is fine.” He showed a sad smile and continued, “After my mother left, my father came to meet me. He sent me to a boarding school and paid all the cost till I graduated. I just got a chance to get along with him for two weeks before heart attack made him dead.”

“You must have had a hard time.” Siwon said, looking at Jay. He never knew that his brother endured a hard time after their separation.

“Yes.. Is father getting married again?” Jay asked. He wanted to change the topic before he felt the sadness again.

“No, he had no time for woman. He was always busy with his job as detective. He resigned as captain right after his divorce. I don’t know the way he think.”

Jay looked outside the the restaurant and stared at the a boy with his parents walking together, “Sometimes, I feel jealous with the child who gets the love from his parents. It’s the portrait of happy family.”

Siwon looked at what Jay was staring at. “Do you want to be child again?”

“What?  No.. I had been enough with my lonely child. I don’t want to return to the past.” Jay looked at his watch. “Let’s go back to the office.”

“Hn..”

Jay raised his hand up, calling the waitress. A waitress came up with their bill. Jay took out his wallet and paid it off.

“Thank you...” She said sweetly, looking between the two gorgeous men before her.

Jay looked up at her and offered a charming smile. “You’re welcome..” He said.

After she was gone, they got up from their seat, walking out the restaurant. They were just a few meters of walking, but they stopped because of someone asking for a help.

“Hey, kids.. Could you help me?” She was a granny who called them. She was about seventy years old but her appearance was like a twenty years old. She also had so much make up put on her wrinkle face.

“You call us, Grandma?” Jay asked her.

“Yes, you two. Please, help me carrying my fruits baskets into the car.” Her low husky voice said and pointed some baskets of fruits besides her.

Jay smiled, “Yes, sure..” Jay started to walk, but Siwon kept staying in his place. Jay turned around, “Hey Siwon.. Come on..” He motioned his hand to command his younger brother.

“Me too? But, she’s just too strange..” He just didn’t like with her appearence who made him a little bit scared.

“Don’t you feel shame with your body, if you’re not helping her?” Jay looked at Siwon’s face expression and felt like he know what on his mind. “... Or... are you scared with her?” Jay narrowed his eyes.  

“No, I’m not! Okay.. I’ll help.” He walked to her basket and picked it up into her car. Jay followed him to carry the basket.

They finished moving all the baskets to her car in five minutes. Siwon put the last baskets in the car and clapped his hands from the dust.

“We have finished, Grandma.” Jay said and stepped closer to her. “Grandma, he would glad if you give him a kiss, he is missing a mother love.” Jay whispered to her ear.

The granny looked at Siwon before she nodded. Then, he smiled to Jay.

“Thank you so much. You’re really handsome and kindhearted boys.” She walked closer to Siwon, holding his face with her hands. She kissed him right on his cheek. Siwon eyes bulged at what this granny did. “That’s my gift, kid. You remind me of my grandson. Thank you.” She chuckled as she got in her car and drove away.

Jay couldn’t stop laughing at Siwon. His face looked so funny with that red lips mark on his cheek.

“Hey what’s so funny?!” Siwon asked him.

Jay didn’t answer, he just kept laughing. Some people walked pass, looking at Siwon in unusual way and chuckled.

“Yo Senior Kim... Senior Choi...!” Changmin greeted them cheerfully from behind. He walked toward them and stopped his step beside Jay. He looked at Siwon face and laughed when he saw the red mark on his cheek.

“Senior Choi, I never thought you like that kind of tattoo...” Changmin said.

“What tattoo?!” Siwon started to get irritated.

Jay stopped laughing, “Look at your face. It's suitable for you..” Jay pointed the shop window.

Siwon looked at his reflection on the window and surprised to find the lipstick stain. He quickly erased it with his hand. Although the lips mark was faded, but the red wouldn’t leave his cheek.

“Let’s go buddy..” Jay said and put his arm around Changmin’s shoulder. “Hey Siwon?” Jay called.

“Hn..?” He turned his head to see him.

Jay grinned and raised a hand, forming a pistol and shooting the mighty Siwon in victory before he stepped away with Changmin.

“You...!!” Siwon gritted his teeth and showed his fierce glare.  

*

*

*

The dark night sky was seen above them. The city started to sleep from its activities when the time reached to midnight. The street was empty from the cars and it’s the good time for the night racing. A loud sounds of rumble was heard when Jay and Changmin entered the race area. There were a lot of people shouting and chanting with the others, most of them was young and average people. Many cars was ready in their place. They continued their step in the place where they could get the best view, walking through the crowd. Jay put on his ear communicator and turned it on, walking to the place where it had the less noise.

“Donghae, Jay is here.” Jay called.

“Yes. What is it?” Donghae answered.

“This far, is it going smoothly to get in there?”

“Yes. We got no trouble so far, but I still haven’t gotten anything about what we are looking for.”

“Okay. Keep on watching. Don’t forget to contact me when you get in trouble.”

“Yes.”

Jay put off his communicator and saved it in his jacket. He walked to the main  area. Now, he was loosing someone. He looked around at the crowd to find where his comrade was.

*

*

*

“Hey, girls...” Changmin was greeting the girls who were standing next to the car. The girls just looked at him then looked away. He continued his step and looked the girl sitting alone on the bench with a can of drink in her hand. He formed a smirk as he walked closer to her.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” Changmin asked her.

She looked up and smiled, “Never mind. Just sit.”

“Thanks..” He said as he sat beside her.

She looked at Changmin, “I’ve never seen you before. Are you new here?” She asked.

“Uhm.. Yes.. “ He smiled.

She nodded. Changmin set his eyes on her, from her mini skirt that showed off her thigh then up to her head. He wouldn’t deny that this girl had catched his attention. ‘I like the girl with a long hair. Just my another type.’ He thought.

“You’re kind of perfection..” He said.

“What?” That voice wasn’t coming from but someone behind Changmin.  Slowly, he turned his head and looked up to see a tall and muscular man standing, hands on his waist.

Changmin sweat dropped as he got up from his seat.

“What are you doing here? Do you want to tease my girlfriend?” His harsh voice asked.

“... No.. I just-“ Changmin was about to answer but someone grabbed his arm.

“I’m sorry if he is disturbing you. He’s my friend, he just lost his way.” Jay apologized to the man and dragged Changmin with him.

“What are you doing Changmin? Do you wanna make a trouble?” Jay asked him as they walked.

“No.. I just... wanna get information..” He lied.

“With a girl?”

“Yeah... Why not?”

“Remember what we’re doing here and stop playing around. You have so much girls outside there. Is it not enough?”

“Hey, how did you know that? Sometimes they make me bored. Yeah, maybe they’re beautiful but I didn’t find the one who know me well. I just wanna girl who is really my type. Senior Kim, I think I wanna break up with the annoying one because she always makes me angry. She is annoying. She told me to this and that. I don't like to be controlled by a girl. unfortunately, I have another girl who is understanding.” Changmin was babbling.

Jay just sighed at his partner's behavior, rubbing his temple in despairing. ‘...Oh boy.’

*

*

*

Siwon scanned the crowd, looking for anyone suspicious. But, looked like he didn’t find one. Donghae walked toward Siwon and tapped his shoulder.

“We have to go, the race will start in ten minutes.” Donghae told Siwon.

“Hn. Do you find something?” Siwon asked.

“Not yet. I got a feeling that they had already known what we planned. I asked the racer here and they said one person cancelled his race. I had checked who it was on list but it just an alias and no information was added.” He explained.

“Are you sure the one who cancelled his racing is our target?”

“I’m not sure. It’s the only information I got.”

Siwon nodded at him, “Okay. Let’s start the race.” They rushed to get in their car set in the second row and sat in the front seats, putting on their seat belt. Siwon took the driver seat while Donghae sat beside him. He ignited the car engine.

“You ready?” Siwon asked his friend.

“Yeah.. Let’s win this.” He answered.

The girl in the start line raised her hands up then swung the flag in her hands. It was the sign that the racing was started. The cars started to run with their full speed, trying to be the winner.

*

*

*

The racing was over and people was leaving the place. Jay and Changmin was standing next to their car, waiting for their friends to come. Jay put his hand on his chin, thinking about something in his head. A few seconds later, Siwon and Donghae were walking closer to them.

“We found nothing.” Siwon told Jay and Changmin.

“We too.” Changmin answered.

“Just like before. They had predicted what would we do.” Jay said. “They must have one eye set on us.”

“What do you mean?” Donghae asked.

“Someone spies on us. Do you ever think about it?”

“Yeah.. If there’s a spy so they would be one of us.” Donghae said.

“So, we suspect with each other now?” Changmin said.

“No, it might be one of all the NII agents. It just my opinion and I want to find out. Now, we will do it separately. Let’s try to find and collect any information related by your own way without other people know. When you get it, we will talk it together and plan for the next strategy.” Jay explained and the other just nodded.

Siwon looked around him and found the drinks machine. “All right If that’s the plan.. I want to get a drink first.” He said as he walked closer to the drinks machine.

Siwon bought a beer in the drinks machine. Then, an idea was coming in his mind. He glanced at Jay and formed his evil smirk. He took the beer out of the machine, shaking the beer can with all his strength. He turned around and walked to where his friends were waiting him.

“Hey Jay! You want a beer?” Siwon offered him his beer.

“Yeah..” Jay said and catched the beer can easily after Siwon threw it in his direction. “Thank you.” Jay said as he used his index finger to pull the the can open.

Siwon was waiting and watching patiently for the can to be opened. It felt like a slow motion for him. When the can finally opened, the beer foam exploded out and spread all over Jay’s face, wetting his upper shirt. Changmin and Donghae were laughing at Jay while Siwon was grinning for his success revenge.

“I never thought you have Jay fooled, Siwon..” Donghae said.

“I would never start this, if no one started first.” He shoved his hands in his pockets. His eyes looked at Jay who rubbed his face, cleaning up the foam from his face.

“Y-you did it on purpose?!” Jay stammered, his eyes gazed angryly.

Siwon just chuckled and started to walk away, ignoring the scolding from his older brother.