Team Ace

DECISION

 

Chapter 1 : Team Ace

 

The secret organization was having their meeting in their quarters when someone came into the room.

“Mr. Lee, we have a guest. Mr. Kim is here.” He said to his leader who sat on his chair.

“Let him in.” The leader said.

“Yes, Sir.” He bowed and left the room.

“I think we have finished for today. You can continue your job.” He instructed his subordinates to leave the room. One by one, the room occupants walked out the room when a man was coming into the room, meeting the leader.

“When did you come back?” The organization leader greeted his guest as he got up from his seat and walked to his guest.

“I’ve arrived in Seoul last night. Look like, you had been successful in hacking the National Intelligence and Investigation. What did you get?” The man asked.

“Not much, just enough to spy their movement. But, it's just the beginning. When we can break their all securities, the government won’t have a guard and that’s what we want.” He sneered, feeling that all the things would run smoothly.

“That’s good. Keep on doing that.”

“What brings you here?”

He pulled out his cigarette, lit it with his match and smoke from the cigarette. “I want to find someone. You still remembered Young Min right?”

“Yes. He is a traitor.”

“I’ve found where he hides our money.”

“Really? Where is it?” The leader looked interested in sudden.

“He saved that money in his son's account. I got the information that he is part of NII. If you can find him, you’ll find the money.”

His lips curved into a smirk, “That is really good news.”

*

*

*

The man in his leather jacket was riding his motorcycle and stopped his riding in front of National Intelligence and Investigation headquarter. He took off the helmet that covering his head and got off from his motor. Then, he walked into the hall as his shoes tapping on the floor, then he turned to the main office and burst into the captain's room.

“Captain Go, what is the meaning of this?” He asked and showed a piece paper to the man around his fourthy aged in front of him.

He sighed. “Choi Siwon, can’t you just knock at the door before you came in? It wasn’t the good habit.” His captain said and took a look on the paper that Siwon showed him.

“It’s your new assignment in a team. I think you had already read this.” Captain Go said.

“Why must be in the team? I could handle it by myself.”

“Stop being individualistic. It’s a team assignment. This is a chance for you to learn how to work as team. Beside that, I don’t think you can handle this by yourself. It’s too much risk.”

Siwon knew that no matter how much he protested, his captain had made up his mind. He would have to work with another person and he just hope that his team wouldn’t be a burden to him. “So, who are my team?”

“There are four member in this team, they will be here soon.”

“I just hope they would listen to what I say.”

“This time you’re not the team leader in this case.”

“What?”  

Someone knocked at the door. “It seems one of your friend has arrived. Come in.” Captain Go called.

Siwon turned his head slightly to watch as the door slowly pushed open.

“Donghae?” Siwon called his friend's name.

“Hi Siwon.. I didn’t see you in a long time.” Donghae was smiling at him. He closed the door behind and walked to them.

“Hn..” He replied. He was glad that he had known about this one who had been coming. At least, he had known his capacity.

“All right, we’ll have to wait the other two members again.” Captain Go said.

*

*

*

“Pus..Puus...Puuus.. Kitty.. Come here.. Let me help you..” Jay was at the top of the tree, calling the cat before him. He was holding out his hand to reach the cat that trapped on the tree branch. He slowly climbed closer to it. “Come here... cute kitty..” Jay finally got the cat and held it in his arm. Then, he was climbing down the tree and walking to the little girl who was waiting for her cat to be saved.

“Here you go.” Jay handed her the cat.

“Thank you so much, uncle..” She said and put her cat in her embrace.

Jay smiled and bowed down to her level. “Don’t mention it..” He said and tapped her shoulder. “Next time, watch your kitty carefully, don’t let it climb on the tree again..”

She nodded and smiled widely. “Sure! Bye handsome uncle...” She waved her hand and run with her cat in her arms.

He chuckled at her and replied, “Bye...” He waved his hand and watched her leaving.

“Yo Senior Kim!” Someone was calling him in friendly way and walking in his direction.

Jay turned around at the source of the voice. “Changmin?” He said.

“It’s still 9 in the morning and you’ve became a hero.” Changmin said with a grin.

“Geez... Don’t mention it.. I just helped her getting her cat back.”

“Senior Kim, Captain Go want us to go back to office now.. “

He nodded, “Okay. Let’s go..”

Jay and Changmin got in the car and drove away.

*

*

*

Siwon, Donghae, and their captain was sitting around the large table, waiting for their other member who wasn’t coming yet. A few minutes later, they heard someone knocked and slowly opened the door. All the room occupants set their eyes on the door. Jay was stepping in followed by Changmin who closed the door behind.

“Captain, are we late?” Jay asked.

“No.. Have a seat.” Captain Go said.

“Thanks..” Jay said as he and changmin walked to their seats and sat down.

Jay glanced at the other members who had came earlier. He didn’t know them before. But, based on their looks, they seemed have potentials.

“I think all the members of the team had came. So, what is the matter?” Donghae asked.

“Okay, I’ll explain. There is a secret organization who work in illegal trafficking and security data hacking. This organization had been a threat for our government and us.” The captain said.

“Us?” Jay asked.

The older nodded, “Yes, I had a thought that they had been working to steal our data. They are always be able to predict our movement and easily escape whenever we plan to catch them. If they can get all of our data and information, and sell it to the opposition. We’ll be over.”

“So, you want us to secretly searching for their track and captured them when it is possible.” Siwon said as he played the pen with his fingers.

“Exactly. Four of you are our ace. Do that job with your best.”

“But Captain, where do we have to start?” Changmin asked.

“I got the information, one of the gang member is the night racer. You can start from it. One more, your team leader for this matter is Jay.”

“Me?” Jay pointed himself.

“Yes. You can do it right?”

Jay smiled and said, “Yes, Sir!”

“Okay. I hope all of you can cooperate with each other. You may leave.” The captain sat back to his desk while the four men walked out the room.

*

*

*

Jay, Siwon, Donghae and Changmin were gathering in their new room. It’s like a meeting room with one round table in the middle of the room. Jay was sitting quietly and reading his team profile. Siwon was standing near the window, his eyes stared outside the building. Changmin was sitting next to Jay along with Donghae.

Jay took a glance at Siwon. “You don’t want to sit?” He asked.

“No.” He simply answered.

“We want to talk about something. It will be better if you have a seat.”

Siwon turned around to face his team leader. “I know you are the leader here, but that doesn’t mean that you can control me.” Siwon said coldly. He just didn’t like to be commanded.

Jay sighed and looked away. “This winter is cold enough and I got the iceberg one.” He was muttering.

Hearing Jay's comment, Siwon looked at Jay in concern. “What did you say?”

“Nothing.” He formed a fake smile. “Sure, I won’t control you as long as you’re not out of line.”

“Hn.”

“What will we do about the night racer?” Donghae asked.

“I think it’s more easy to know him if we are part of the race. We are four, let’s split in two. Two as racer and the other watching outside.” Jay answered.

“Good idea, Senior Kim. Who are they?” Changmin agreed.

“Who wants to be the racer?” Jay offered to his team.

“I think it’s fun, so let me be.” Donghae said.

Jay nodded and looked at Siwon, “Okay, Siwon.. Do you want to race too?”

“Hn.”

“What does that mean? Say with a clear word.”

“Yes.” Siwon answered

“Okay. Team A are Donghae and Siwon as racer, Team B are Changmin and me, we will collect any information from outside. We will gather tonight here at 9. If you have anything else to do, you can leave.” Jay finished explaining.

“I leave..” Siwon walked away. He felt like need a fresh air today.

“Be careful from the sunlight, it could melt you.” Jay .

Siwon pulled the door open and gave Jay his cold glare before left the room, closing the door behind.

“What’s really wrong with that person? He doesn’t have sense of humor at all.” Jay mumbled.

Donghae smiled at his leader, “He’s a cold one, anti-social, and like to do everything by himself.”

“Look like you knew him well. Is he your friend?”

“Yeah, we had ever worked together before he moved to criminal department in other region.”

Jay nodded at him.

*

*

*

It was 1.09 pm when a man in black coat, sunglasses and black hat looked at his watch. He was standing next to his car that parked near a lake a few miles from the Seoul city, he was waiting for someone. A sound of rumble was heard. He turned his head to see a car came to his direction and stopped next to his car. Then the door was opened. A young man got off from his car and stepped to him.

“You got the information?” The man in the black coat asked when he heard the person he had waited finally coming.

“Yes, Sir. They will collect any  information about us from your gang member who did a night racer.” He said.

“Okay. I’ll tell him to cancel his racing. You did a good job for me. Keep watching their movement and get me all the data I need.”

“Sure..”

The man in black put off his sunglasses to reveal that he was the secret organization leader, Lee Dongjoo. “You’re the best spy I ever had. Don’t ever disappoint me.”

The mysterious man smiled at him and replied, “It depends on how much you can give me.”

“You can trust me. I’ll give everything you need. I have one more mission for you.”

“What is it?”

“Find out about who is the son of my old friend, Kim Young Min. I heard that he is working in the same place with you.”

“What do you want with him?”

“Just need him for something. Here is the information I know about Youngmin.” He handed him a piece of paper.

“Okay.”

*

*

*

“There is something bugging my head. If they just did a hacking, they wouldn’t know every movement we did. There must be insider in our NII.” Jay said to himself while he was alone in his room with some documents on his desk.

“But who? This insider must have all the access in our headquarter.” He sighed, leaning back to his seat, “This mades me headache.”

Jay glanced at his team profile and took it. He opened it one by one and his eyes stopped at Siwon’s profile. He was curious about this person because his name was reminded him of someone.

“Choi Siwon, his age is twenty two.” He looked at his profile carefully. “Wait.. Choi Siwon?” He read his birthday and startled. “Is he really my brother Siwon?” His lips turned to a smile. “It had been a long time. He had growen up a lot. Let’s make it sure.” He took out his phone and dialed Siwon’s number.

“Yoboseyo?” Siwon answered his call from the other line.

“Yoboseyo. I’m Jay. Where are you?” Jay asked.

“I’m in the first floor. Why?”

“Let’s meet. I have something to talk with you.”