System

When The Only Thing She Lived For Was Soccor...

NON EDIT

26/04/2011 written & updated

The eating hall was filled with chatter but a more quiet one than morning the distinguishing factors being the ambiance, which was less hazardous and more enjoyable. Sheewa entered the hall with her own tray of food scanning the area left to right, sighting the many groups that sat with their own unique sense of uniform. There was some people she recognised in class but this was too much of a dramatic change. she could see thunder, the guy who had sent up the prank wearing an a blue apron and a tool belt.

*now where to sit* there was no empty tables. None, and by the looks of it, she wasn’t going to be invited to one. She looked around just in case but still saw, none. This now caught the attention of some groups as they snickered at her, neither group wanted a weak character, not even the nerdy group, she could go with the gays marked with their excess use of bows and accessories... but that was the least she wanted at this point. To be called gay, again like she had for the fourteenth time today.

The soccer boys were in their usual seating area as they talked amongst each other about the usual, the usual being soccer and girls and future events. They were just about to discuss the new kid when coincidently they saw, the new kid just walking pass them but though a meter away in attempts to find a table. To their eyes, he looked lost and confused and just very awkward.

“hey, didn’t he say he plays soccer?” said Eunhyuk.

“be he can’t sit here. No way.” Kangin said and eyed Yesung and Donghae. 

“why?”

“this morning—I sort of picked on him.”

“what kind of ‘pick on’?” Damien asked as each boy leaned in.

“okay, let’s say I nearly punched him in the face.”

“IDIOT!” Damien yelled getting up from his hair and pointing to him, his eyebrows slanted. This caught the attention of the entire room and he rolled his eyes at this response. “right, because I’m totally talking to you.”

The victims returned back to eating and chatting as he sat back on his chair.

“I didn’t know he played soccer—“ Kangin defended.

“yea, his build does looks weak and girly but WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?!” he yelled. “what if he’s good huh?”

“who am I not to judge. I was doing him a favour. He dosen’t belong in this school and the soccer club.” He replied. “and trust me, he won’t be. There aren’t that much people with his build that is ‘good.” Kangin shook his head and then plopped his head on his hand frustratingly.

“aish—so annoying.” Damien said his movements very angry. “I say we give him a chance.”

“Damien wait—“ said Siwon. “do you really wanna risk it? we're gonna hurt this guys feelings if he’s serious and doesn’t make it.”

“GIVE HIM A CHANCE.” He said and then got up from his chair. “HEY YOU—“

Sheewa looked around at him and saw the image of a boy with spiky hair and an olive complexion. “SIT WITH US.” Then to the sight of the three boys that had picked on her the following morning.

“no.” She replied.

There was a pause. “WHO ARE YOU TO REFUSE! LOOK AT YOU—YOU FRIENDLESS PERSON. BE SMART AND SIT WITH US.” Damien raised his hands in the air and then jerked his lips. “Your choice...”

Sheewa began walking to the group but then sighted the three boys again, one of them put ‘the finger’ up at her. Rage erupted in all areas of her body and she turned to walk away.

Damien took a paper from the table and made it into a ball he then pegged it at her back. She turned around and then looked up form Damien to the ground where the paper laid.

“hey, can you get that for me and bring it over here?” he said.

Sheewa crouched down and shook her head *bastard...* but then suddenly a light flashed from the corner of her eye and she turned hastily to where it originated form. The spotted the ‘gay table’ smiling at her.

“hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~” they said.

“hi?” Sheewa said uncomfortably and then without walked over to the soccer boys.

“nice .” She heard from the same table and turned around to them. They smiled at her and winked. Sheewa just stared after them, unable to accept what she had just heard come out of a man’s mouth *what the heck?*.

“hey you with the nice .” Said Damien. “come over here?”

And she complied, walking over there. She could tell the ‘gay table’ were still looking at her and as she passed the note to him he took it and then forced her to sit.

“sit and no you do not have a choice.”
Sheewa sat and then sighted the entire boys. “hey...”

“hey.” They replied uncomfortably.

“you play soccer?”

“yea.” She replied.

“how good are you?”
“I’m not that good.”

“right.. you must be confused. so want me to explain the system?”

“sure. Why is everyone in groups?”

“That group over there—“ said Damien pointing to the closest table near him. “is the drama squad. They have no life.” He then pointed to the other table after them. “that table there... is the talent table or whatever, they sing dance and do all that kind of thing yea whatever next.” He pointed to the next table. “now that is the gay table in which you had just witnessed.” He pointed his middle finger to the next table. “now that is the hockey table. They . Don’t even talk to them.”

“HEY WE CAN HEAR YOU!” the hockey table screamed form the other side and Sheewa knew why instantly. His voice was not loud, but very clear.

Damien ignored them and then moved on to the next table. “that table over there is the basketballers.” He pointed to the next. “that over there is the photographers and yea. They are in charge of community events.” He pointed to the next. “those are the nerds.” He pointed to the next. “those are the gamers...” he pointed to the next. “prank freaks... they are good with all that electronic stuff, anything with breaking into the systems. Future master minds.” He pointed to the next. “those are the drama queens... they are annoying.” He pointed to the next. “cool kids.” He pointed to the next. “lonely + antisocial kids.” And then there’s us. “the soccer team, or if that’s to hard to pronounce... the super awesome hectic epic group of handsome pretty boys.”

“isn’t that harder...?” said Sheewa, raising her eyebrows.

“are you trying to be smart?” he said. “anyway... are gonna eat that?” he pointed to her tray of food. Half of it was missing.

“where did half of my food go?”

“sorry...” said Sungmin with innocent eyes. “I ate it.”

“so whose your room mate?” said siwon with a curious expression. His eyes bulged and he looked at Hangeng seriously.

“oh... my roommate?” said Sheewa and then reached into her pockets and then pulled out a long note. “the office lady gave it to me this morning—“

Damien snatched the paper from her hand. “trey... Gearedan.” He sounded out. “ah, I can’t read.”

“TREY GEAREDAN!!!!” each boy from the table screamed, all the hair on their heads sticking up in astonishment.

Panic rose in Sheewa’s veins. “what? Is there something wrong with him?”

And in this reply the boys just continued to eat their food without saying a single word to Sheewa.

 

After dinner she headed off to her required room where she was to meet her roommate for the first time. Sheewa felt honestly scared there was no other way to describe it. she didn’t really feel comfortable being around males, judging by all of the past experiences with them and she really didn’t know how this was going to go. so when she found herself in front of the door in which she was now to spend the rest of the year with, it was only inevitable that her heart would race her stomach emitting that sickening feeling. She closed her eyes and then knocked on the door.

“who is it...?” said a male voice. That’s when it hit her, she was going to live with a male.

“I’m Shoowa Ayoomi, your room mate.” Sheewa replied. Her words trembled even though she was trying to sound confident and strong. She waited for an answer.

“wrong roommate.” He said. “I already have a roommate. Try next door.”

“oh, sorry.” Sheewa replied and then bowed to the door (she was finding it hard to be a guy after everything today) then went to the other.

Knock knock knock.

“what?” the reply answered.

“I’m Shoowa Ayoomi, your room mate.”

“no you’re not. I already have one. Try next door.”

She bowed to the door and then knocked on the next. The answer was the same.

Knock knock knock.

“go away.”

Sheewa spoke through clenched teeth. “I’m Shoowa Ayoomi, your room mate.”

“no you’re not, try next door.”

“how many doors are there?” replied Sheewa.

“I think there’s like... 15 left on this block.”

“ARGHH!!!” she screamed.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

There was no reply.

She kicked open the door and surprisingly, it opened.

“I’M SHOOWA AYOOMI, YOUR ROOM MATE!!!”

The sight of the a boy reading a book was seen. His head flickered form the book and looked at her with strange eyes. Her heart skipped, there was no mistaking those pink lips.

It was that same boy from the morning.

“that’s it punk.” he said and then took of his bag and then aimed his fist into the air.

She closed her eyes.

“Kangin, Yesung, Donghae. That’s enough.” a soothing voice said and she looked behind her, sighting the image of a boy with darker than back hair and pale skin. He had the most pinkest lips and a thin face which showed his fit bone structure.

“oh, not one of your kind.” He groaned, rolling his eyes as he did so.

“sorry—wrong room.” She said and then went to close the door.

“Sheewa Ayoomi?” he said, his smooth voice sounded as though it was floating, almost like a feather.

She nodded.

“no, there’s no mistake.” He said. “I am Trey Geareden.”