In The Process...

When The Only Thing She Lived For Was Soccor...

NON EDIT

25/04/2011 written & updated

Ayuumi’s facial expression was too inexplicable to explain. Let’s just say that it was a mix of shock with disbelief with excitement. Her jaw hung open and she put both of her hands in hers and began jumping and twirling her around in circles while screaming repetitively. Sheewa however, didn’t see what was so exciting. She was going into an all boys school for crying out loud, she really didn’t understand what was so ‘thrilling’ about that.

“Ayuumi... calm down..” she said. “I don’t honestly see what’s so exciting?”

“You’re going to a boy’s school!” Sheewa yelled and began drooling. ‘this is fantastic! You can finally experience the beauty of boys!”

“Beauty?” said Sheewa.

“Let's face it Sheewa your like a rock--”

Sheewa raised her eyebrows. “A rock?” 

“You just walk around not seeing and observing the sights around you... oh, the beautiful sights...” said Ayuumi. Sheewa laughed, she was fully aware of her friends uncontrollable urge for boys.

“Ayuumi...” she said and laughed even harder at the expression she now wore but then Ayuumi suddenly realised something and her face fell immediately. This made Sheewa laugh even more but this was not a laughing matter... “You're going to have to dress as a boy? Let’s face it... your attitude everything...”

Sheewa suddenly realised it too. “Oh no...” she grabbed her hair and looked at Ayuumi with a pleading expression. Ayuumi nodded with a very scared look on her face, jerked.

“Oh yes...” she replied and that’s when Sheewa began panicking. She plopped onto the sofa and buried her head in her hands. Ayuumi sat beside her friend and placed her arms around her. Then she laid her head on her shoulder.

“are you sure you want to do this?”

“It’s either this... or I quit soccer. I don't have a choice.”

“who said there wasn’t’ a choice?” said Ayuumi. “You are really smart Sheewa...”
“my dad... he holds grudges and yesterday... I said I was going to quit soccer if i don't go to an all boys school.”

“why do you sound so hopeless and yet you still want to do it?” Ayumi said but she already knew the answer. It was because Sheewa loved soccer that much.

“Okay...” said Sheewa, bundling up courage. “I’ll do it.”

“and I’ll help you turn into the most guyish guy you could possibly be...” she said. “But in one condition.”
“What?”

“You have to introduce me to all the hot boys?”

Sheewa shook her head and laughed.

 

The next thing that Sheewa knew, she was situated in front of a wooden door she had never seen.

“It’s Gordon.” Ayuumi said and she knocked on the door. “He’ll teach you all you need to know... trust me.”

The sound of footsteps were heard, running then the sound of the lock unlocking and then the sound of the door opening and the sight of him, a boy with darker than black hair and a very heavy fringe with a pale face. He was lanky and looked as though he had just woke up from a long sleep. His clothes were a mix of black and white with sayings on his shirt that were obscene to the ear.

His eyes glanced at Sheewa then Ayuumi and at the sight of her shut the door instantly at her face Ayuumi screamed after him.

“HEY! OPEN THE DOOR IDIOT!” she yelled.

“go away. Go home.” he said simply.

Ayuumi was now kicking the door. “you think I won’t do it? You think I won’t break down the door?”

The door opened again. “what do you want?” he said, his face was marked with irritation.

“I need a favour.” She replied and the door slammed at her face again.

“HEY OPEN THE DOOR!!!” she yelled. “I’LL BREAK IT DOWN I’LL DO IT!”

Sheewa put her hand on her friends in a gesture to stop. She smiled at her and then shook her head. but the door opened and then he sighted the scene which gave him 'thoughts'. He his lips.

“are you her girlfriend?” he said and Sheewa looked up at him and frowned. In all truth, she hadn’t even seen anything or had ever experienced anything good done by men, only women so the fact that he had said such a thing didn’t make her feel any better towards them. She had extracted all the things she possibly could from movies and not from the stories Ayuumi told which was always full of action and something totally different from the behaviour she had witnessed like three days before, where a man had knocked her over when she was in his way at the cinemas...

“is this some joke?” Sheewa murmured and then turned to walk away.

Ayuumi wore a serious expression on her face, looking him directly into the eyes as she said this: “we need your help to turn this girl into the exact image of a man, can you do that?” 

“what?” he replied bluntly.

“Okay let’s just go.” said Sheewa now pulling her by the arm but she tugged her off.

“CAN YOU HELP THIS GIRL TURN INTO THE EXACT IMAGE OF A MAAAAANNNN, CAN YOU DO THAT?”

“no. What the heck do you take me for?” he replied.

“I’ll give you 400 bucks.”

“Deal.”

 

Gordon led them inside the house. The house was like any normal home but a lot more cramped together. Everything was squashed in a way and though the ground was clean and covered with carport... it looked oddly stuffy. The smell of pine filled their noses with a tinge of delight and they took seats on the sofa when Jordan sat, supposing that they were obligated to.

“okay first of all...” he said. “why?”
Sheewa and Ayuumi looked at each other hesitantly with a look that said, ‘should we tell him?’ in the end, they agreed.

“because—“

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...” Jordan said with a smirk that made Sheewa want to punch his face. “This adds further proof of my theory that you two girls fancy each other am I right?”

“uhhh!” both girls said and threw a pillow at him. “sick ert!”

“well get to the point!” he replied and Sheewa began.

“I want to enrol in that school... for soccer purposes.”

Gordon leaned in closer and leaned his chin on both of his clapsed hand in a business like manner. “Soccer?” he said intriguly. “Hmm... just because it’s the worst soccer group in the state that doesn’t mean it should be underestimated. The only reason why it is, is because last year they had not enough players... and a valuable team mate had suffered an injury... and the players had grown pretty fat after the hocky team started giving out free unlimited cake & chocolate.”

Sheenwa raised her eyebrows. “I’m just as good.”

“oh well, whatever. I can help you... but once you get in, I have nothing to do with this.”

“okay.”  They replied.

“nothing...” he repeated.

“okay.” They said irritably.

“well.” He said with a bright smirk. “let’s get this started.”

 

“No!” Sheewa argued as she sat opposite to a medium sized bathroom mirror. she was situated on a comfy, black chair as Gordon held sharp sissors to her top of her roots. “please no!”

“don’t worry, it’ll only sting a bit.” He replied and then sharpened both sides of the sissors with a long, thin knife.

“Whaat?!” she said, almost squealing.

He placed down the sissors and opened one of his drawers and took out a black comb. “hey look—“ he assured and began combing her hair. “I cut my own hair.”

She looked over to his well cut hair cut and then shrugged helplessly.

“I know the look okay? But I’ll make you hair less faggy than mine. If your hair cut was like mine, you would like feminine still. I’m going to cut it quite short so it’ll make you look more manly, okay?”

“yes!” she replied.
he smiled. “But you don’t really look like a girl anyway...”

Ayuumi punched him on the arm.

 

By the end of the hair cut session Sheenwa looked at the end result in the mirror. It definatly gave her a more 'manly appearance' “My—my hair.”

“Looks good...” said Ayuumi, winking.

“of course.” Said Gordon.

“oh shut up.” She replied.

 

They took their seats back on the sofa and as soon as Gordon sat down, he began explaining. Most days, he would be gaming, so he hadn’t anything major to do.

“Now etiquette? Now that's a tough one... for you that is." He said scratching the back of his head. "just be a jerk. Not a ... a jerk."

What?” said Sheewa.

“and be stupid. Don’t talk smart. And just, really act like slob and don’t care about everything too much. Don’t over react dramatically and do all the things you should do oh and don’t dress so clean. Dress dirty and then wear makeup. Game all day and don’t read. Talk like you’ve never read a book and talk about girls.”

“Okay...” said Sheewa *i can't do that...*

“burp, eat fast all that. Do it loudly.”

“ Okay...” said Sheewa *i can't do that...*

“and walk proudly. Don’t hang yourself down and don’t get yourself in trouble with the boys but get into heaps of trouble with the teachers because you look more of the weak type.” He said. “it’s funny how your taking this so seriously.” He added after seeing Sheewas determined expression. This was probably the first time someone had taken his word that seriously.

“Of course. We’re not paying 400 bucks for nothing!” said Ayuumi and Sheewa looked at her with a shocked expression.

“400 BUCKS?!” she yelled. “no! Your paying him 400 bucks?!”

“just remember, the guy I want, any guy I want... you better make him want me so I can have him...” she said and then the next thing that came out of Gordon's mouth. She listened with all she could, infinite times more than the last.

 

A week later, Gordon found himself smiling, as he observed the girl. A sort of proud feeling in his eyes as he saw the living image of a girl being merged into a boy, an almost exact boy.

“So how am I?” she said, walking around, her feet pattering the ground as she did ‘the walk’.

“very good...” he said. “I think you’ll do...”

Sheenwa and Ayuumi excitedly hugged each other repeatedly. Then they jumped on Gordon excitedly.

“just remember...” said Ayuumi. “whatever guy I want...”

 

The following night, she found herself demonstrating what she had learnt from Gordon to her father. Her father was containing a laugh that threatened to expel from his pursed lips.

“So how am I? Can I go to Saeranheiog Boy's High School?”

“very good...” he replied. “I think you’ll do...”