“Bedtime Story”

ღ Love at First Lie ღ

Part 16: “Bedtime Story”

 

 

It was 10 on the dot at night when Jaejoong’s getting ready to sleep. Sitting up while leaning his back against the headboard, Jaejoong had a book on his laps for the purpose of killing some time by reading while waiting for Yunho to come out from the bathroom.

 

And speaking of Yunho, Jaejoong noticed that he’s acting weird lately – grumpier and crankier than he usually is. It’s odd but it seems like Yunho’s keeping a distance literally from him especially at night. No hugging, no touching, no cuddling or snuggling, and not even goodnight kiss!

 

Jaejoong don’t like it. He hates it! What’s the point of having a husband if you can’t do all those things to him or with him? He was absorbed with his internal debate when Yunho emerged from the bathroom with the towel rested on his shoulder which he used it to dab his face with.

 

Eyeing Yunho intensely somewhere between a murderous glare and leering, Jaejoong closed his book and put it aside.

 

“Don’t you think it’s time for you to tell what the hell is wrong with you?” He began.

 

“What?” A bit clueless as where that conversation is leading to, Yunho glanced at him then dropped the towel inside the laundry basket located the corner of the room.

 

“Quit playing dumb. What did I do wrong? Tell me now!” Jaejoong shouted out his voice; so sharp and strong that it could pierce the heart of the one who’s listening.

 

“And what with this bolster anyway? Acting as borderline? What? Is this some kind of territorial invasion?!” He snatched the bolster which Yunho put in the middle of the bed, separating them and threw it at Yunho.

 

Yunho stifled a sigh of frustration and picked it up, brought it back to the bed. And slowly with his eyes never left Jaejoong, he sank down his next to Jaejoong.

 

“What? Angry?!” Jaejoong tipped up his chin, provoking Yunho with his deadly gaze.

 

“No I’m not…” Yunho said; his voice low and solemn.

 

“I’m frustrated…” His fingers scratching his eyebrow before his rubbed his face in whole. Frustrated; undeniably. deprived to be précised.

 

“Because of me?”

 

Yunho didn’t answer – only staring coldly at Jaejoong.

 

“Then tell me what have I done wrong that caused you to act coldly like this?”

 

“You should know it better…you seduced me every night; saying ‘I wanna have ’, ‘Let’s have ’…we were just getting started and that’s when you fell asleep! Did you know what you put me into?! Can you understand how I felt?!” He poked his chest as he voiced it out. His face reddened in his attempt to control his voice from coming out as yelling to Jaejoong.

 

“It’s not like I did it on purpose…it’s just that I can’t sleep…and I thought having would definitely help…” Jaejoong said in his defense.

 

“But you fell asleep before we finished it! We’re not even half way through yet!”

 

“But it worked….the way you moved your hands, , teasing, kissing – they’re like the most effective lullaby to me…you’ve done a very good job…” Patting Yunho’s arm with a foolish grin, Jaejoong congratulated his fumed husband without feeling guilty.

 

“What kind of stupid logic is that?!” Yunho scoffed, rose to his feet and ruffled his hair.

 

“You left me aroused! This…THIS!!!” Yunho tapped the bolster furiously and placed it back in the middle.

 

“This is to prevent me from jumping on you, you in sleep!!!” He stressed it with his gritted teeth.

 

“YAAHH!!! JUNG YUNHO! Watch your word, will you?! We have a baby here!” Jaejoong retorted as he’s pointing to his belly.

 

“It’s a bit early for education don’t you think?!” Jaejoong scolded him and covered up his belly with both of his hands just like he’s covering up the baby’s ears.

 

Running out of words to argue, Yunho slammed his fist on the bed and groaned. As if on cue, the knock sounded on their door and they found Junsu’s fidgeting at the doorway while folding the books with both of hands.

 

“Am I interrupting something?” Junsu asked innocently.

 

“No you’re not! Please come in~!” The tone of Jaejoong’s voice changed 180% when he invites Junsu in. His face turned brighter than before, just like a little kid who just met his friend – so cheerful.

 

The word ‘trouble’ flickered inside Yunho’s’ mind when he saw Junsu’s face. Whatever he’s planning to do, he could guess that it wouldn’t be something normal. Rolling his eyes, Yunho forced himself to take a deep calming breath before he sat down at the edge.

 

“What brings you here, Junsu-ah?” Smiling warmly, Jaejoong extended both of his hands to reach out for Junsu and pulled him down to sit just right next to him.

 

“I wanna read bedtime story to Little Bean…” He announced while showing off the books he brought in with him.

 

“M-Mr.Bean?” Jaejoong widened his eyes when he caught the glimpse of the front page.

 

“A-ha…specially for Little Bean…”

 

“I’m sorry…what’s the title of the book again?” Yunho interrupted, suddenly alarmed.

 

“Mr.Bean…” Fully unaware of Yunho’s thought and not suspecting anything, Junsu answered it with a serious face.

 

 “No…No…not that book…I can’t allow you to read it to my baby…” Shaking his head, Yunho muttered in a low voice. He then snatched the book out of Junsu’s grasp and dumped it on the floor.

 

“But why~?! Mr.Bean is genius and awesome and hilarious~!”

 

“Yes right…he’s eccentric….4D…tricky…those things will only bring bad influence to Sarangie…and besides, I have enough of ‘you’ to deal with…I don’t need another version of ‘you’ to born in this house….”

 

"Yah hyung~!!! What’s that supposed to mean? Should I be offended by that? Because I have a feeling that I should!” Junsu’s nose flared as he shot his dissatisfaction glare at his hyung.

 

“Just ignore him, Junsu-ah…he’s a bit moody these 2-3 days…” Jaejoong interjected.

 

“Huh?! Me?! I’m moody?!!!” Yunho half yelled. He’s having a hard time to accept that ridiculous accusation. It’s unacceptable!

 

He was so close to scream ‘YOU’RE THE MOODY ONE’ at Jaejoong but he held his voice back and bit his tongue. The last thing he wanted to do is messing with Jaejoong’s ticking nerve.

 

“Just forget about the book Junsu-ah…the truth is, hyung has been wondering for about sometimes now…how did you and Yoochun met?”

 

Soon he realized that he’s beyond glad for not exploding when his mind was rather quick in detecting that it’s just a part of Jaejoong’s plan to distract Junsu. Jaejoong after all is really an expert in handling the maknae’s matter.

 

“I got lost and Yoochun helped me…”

 

“I mean…in details…how the two of you met and fell in love…how about tell us your love story with Yoochun as the ‘Bedtime Story’ for Sarangie? Eung~?”

 

It’s very suggestive, persuasive and brilliant; Yunho thought. Now that Jaejoong mentioned it, he too was wondering about it. Never once it came to his dream that his best friend and his dongsaeng would be together as a couple. No matter how you look at it; it’s really impossible.

 

After giving it a thought, Junsu then shrugged his body shoulders.

 

“Well…I don’t mind…”

 

“Great…”

 

While waiting for Junsu to find a comfortable position before he begins, Jaejoong tapped his finger on Yunho’s arm and motioned for him to come closer. Not taking it as a problem now that his anger is finally shaved off, Yunho inched closer to him. As soon as their skin brushed each other, Jaejoong hooked his arms through Yunho’s and pulled him even closer so that he can whisper something.

 

“Burn that book before he wakes up tomorrow morning…” Jaejoong sternly delivered his instruction, saying it of the side of his mouth and not to forget to flash his smile at Junsu when the maknae glanced over them.

 

Jaejoong is indeed full of surprises – that’s what Yunho thought. His way sometimes is incomprehensible but its result surprisingly pleasant.

 

“You may start whenever you are ready, Junsu-ah…” Jaejoong informed.

 

“It was about…” Junsu looked up blindly, his left eye squint slightly as he mentally calculates.

 

“…2 and half years ago when we first met…it was during that bakery’s Opening Day…”

 

“That bakery? You mean our favorite bakery?”

 

Junsu went ‘hmm’ and nodded to Jaejoong’s question.

 

“Just like any other people, I received the special promotion pamphlet advertising the bakery’s Opening Day…so I went…and ate…and on my way back to the office, I……”

 

“…..got lost….” Junsu told them while chewing his bottom lip.

 

“That bakery is just one street away from out company…” Yunho highlighted the obvious fact.

 

“I never realized about it back then…but I knew it now…” Junsu stated proudly, not even slightest bit of joke.

 

“But still…you got lost…” Yunho questioned it since it’s hard to believe.

 

“A-ha…”

 

“Why am I not surprised to hear it?” Yunho dropped his head low as he mumbled.


"Continue, Junsu-ah…” Jaejoong gestured, lifting up Yunho’s arm to wrap around his shoulder, he then leaned comfortably against Yunho’s chest.

 

“Well…as I was struggling to find my back to the office…”

 

*Flashback

“I’m screwed….if Yunho hyung knew about this, he would never trust me to go out alone again after this…” Junsu muttered while staring at the building with a huge word ‘M’ at the entrance.

 

“Why this place again…?”He huffed, fanning himself when his body started to nag about the heat. After circling several places for several rounds, he still ended up on the same spot again and again – in front of the ‘M’ Corporation building.

 

“Jung Junsu?!”

 

Junsu diverted his gaze to the one who just called his name. While blocking his face from the sun ray with his chubby hand, he eyed the other up and down as he’s trying to identify him. Frowning, no memories of knowing him resurface.

 

“What brings you here?”

 

“I went to the newly opened bakery and got lost…wait, you know who I am?”

 

“Of course I do…you’re Jung Yunho’s dongsaeng, Jung Junsu…”

 

“So we are not stranger, right? Because I’m not allowed to talk to stranger…”

 

A normal reminder if you’re considered him a kid. Bursting a small chuckle, he shook his head. Of course he knows who Junsu is and by knowing him, he’s referring to Junsu’s ‘special’ personality and not just the identity.

 

“Don’t you remember me? I’m Park Yoochun…your hyung’s best friend…err used to be in your hyung’s word…but I used to play with you and treated you ice-cream when you’re still young…” He hover his hand next to him; right at the same level with his thigh when he recalled Junsu’s height at that time.

 

Junsu cocked his eyebrow and the name ‘Park Yoochun’ as well as ‘Hyung’s best friend’ played at the tip of his mouth repetitively in his attempt to remember. And somewhere deep within his mind, the old memories triggered.

 

“The one who owns ‘M’ Corruption, a betrayer, a stealer, a back stabber and a stupid jerk – that Park Yoochun?”

 

Yoochun didn’t answer at first. He wasn’t sure how to respond to that. His jaw hung low and now he knew how Yunho’s seriously mad at him.

 

“I…w-wow…I don’t remember ever putting those descriptions in my profile…and it’s actually Corporation…but never mind…” Scratching the back of his head, Yoochun tried to brush it off with a laugh but stopped abruptly when his eyes met Junsu’s.

 

Those one lid eyes were twitching as he glued them to Yoochun – feeling somewhat suspicious.

 

“Don’t tell anyone that we’ve talked…so bye!” Junsu waved his hand and swiftly turned around; getting ready to sprint if in case he’s being chased.

 

“W-wait Junsu-ah! Stop~ I meant no harm…” Yoochun slowed down his steps when Junsu stopped.

 

“I’m actually heading to that bakery you’re talking about…see~!” He flailed the pamphlet to Junsu to convince him and when Junsu gave him zero response, he proceeded.

 

“That bakery’s close to your company…I can just send you there-safely…all I want is just a moment to talk with you…asking about your hyung…and maybe you can recommend me some good menu in that bakery?”

 

“I’m not gonna fall for that trick…I’ve seen it in the movie…she lured the kids with sweets, candies, foods, then she held them in captive…slit their throat and ate them!”

 

“W-wait what?! What movie is that? Are you even allowed to watch that?”

 

“It’s Hansel and Gretel…”

 

“Oooo…” He almost blurted out which ‘Hansel and Gretel’ he’s actually referring to but then he wasn’t really sure if he really wants to know the answer. He just hopes that it’s not the latest movie.

 

*************************

 

Yoochun nodded at the waitress and thanked the petite girl after she brought over the order to their table. Eyeing the plates in front of them which almost filled up every part of the table; five of them are Junsu’s alone and the rest of them he ordered based on Junsu’s suggestion. Feeling somewhat amused with the whole situation, he watched Junsu forked up a big bite of pie, his eyes closing in ecstasy as he chewed it.

 

“So you’re saying…the whole thing with Yunho hyung is just a misunderstanding and you did it for his sake…you want to fix everything and reconcile with him but don’t know how…so you need my help…” The pie crumbs fell off his mouth as he spoke.

 

Yoochun could only nod to his every word. His mouth curved a bright smile; feeling amazed and mused. The last time they met, Junsu’s still young and he’s nothing but just a blank plain paper; an incomplete manuscript. But now that he’s grown up, everything’s different. He looked so different. Junsu to him is like an interesting book that he just discovered and can’t wait to read what’s written inside.

 

Despite the way he looks, he knew Yunho’s still smothering him with concern, treating him like he’s just a little kid. That’s one thing Yoochun’s assured that would remain the same.

 

“So…how’s your hyung?”

 

Junsu took a moment to his lips and his thumb before he answer.

 

“As usual, nothing interesting…he’s just 3B – a busy boring bachelor.”

 

“Seriously…he really needs to get out more and dates…get himself a girlfriend or better a wife…finding him hot y women is useless…”

 

Yoochun liked listening to him talks and nags. With the pie crumbs stuck all around his mouth and the sauce smeared his fingers, he looks like a little kid who’s nagging at his parents – so cute and adorable. And that was fine with Yoochun. Listening to Junsu meant that he didn’t have to say much for himself. Because he has nothing much to say about his life except that he’s 3B himself.

 

“So…what does the ‘M’ stands for?” Junsu asked, stuffing another spoon of cake inside his mouth.

 

“Micky…it’s my English name…”

 

“Do you sell any dolphin plushie? Can I have 12 of them? A box maybe?” Junsu shifted closer when he heard the word ‘Micky’. His eyes were glowing as he’s looking at Yoochun.

 

Yoochun returned Junsu’s passionate gaze with a shaky laugh.

 

“Junsu-ah…it’s the food chains…not the toy company…”

 

The information took a moment to register in his mind and when it did, the smile on his face disappeared.

 

“It has nothing to do with Micky Mouse?”

 

“Not a bit…like I said…Micky is my name…” Yoochun corrected, as much as he felt sorry for crushing Junsu’s high hope, he’s amused by the way Junsu’s thinking.

 

“Can’t blame you anyway…we knew a guy named Minnie and he established a law firm…” Junsu stated with a sad face.

 

“Let me guess…it’s Shim Changmin, right?”

 

*************************

 

On the following day, Junsu surprised Yoochun again when he’s standing at the entrance of his company. But this time he had a different story to it.

 

Yoochun came out of the elevator and made his way through the lobby with several workers followed him from behind. It was lunch hour so everyone started to swarm out in groups, one after another. The laughter, the incoherent words merged altogether and became one similar noise to his ears, buzzing faintly and dull. He didn’t bother to find out what they’re secretly talking about or to whom the smile is meant for. All he cares about is how long it takes for him to reach his next destination.

 

It should be 30 minutes by car – 25 minutes if there’s nothing blocking their way. Yoochun was about to put on the sunglasses when a familiar voice strikes his ears.

 

“His name is Micky even though he has nothing to do with Mickey Mouse…he has a wide forehead and he-”

 

“Junsu?!”

 

He found Junsu at the counter; probably requesting to meet him. Yoochun then skipped his steps and jogged straight to him; almost losing his breath by the time he reached a step away from Junsu. The receptionist rose to greet him but he held up his hand saying that it’s fine.

 

“Junsu? Don’t tell me you got lost again?”

 

Junsu replied him with a foolish grin. Smiling at Junsu while shaking his head, Yoochun then sighed. Luckily he’s at the office that day and if not, who knows what would happen to Junsu. With a deep exhale, he slipped his hand inside his jacket and took out his phone.

 

“Take my phone number…next time, doesn’t matter when or where… if the same thing happen again…just call me and I’ll come to you…”

 

“Okay…” Not questioning much, Junsu saved Yoochun’s phone number with the name as “Mr.Navigator” on his contact list and hit the call button.

 

Yoochun looked down to his phone screen and Junsu signaled him to answer the call even though they’re standing just right in front of each other. It’s absurd and it’s a child play, everyone would presume that but not in Yoochun’s eyes. He did just like what he’s told, swiped his finger on the answer key and pressed it against his ear – not quibble.

 

“Yobeoseyo…this is the most handsome man in the world speaking~”

 

Junsu was so quick to catch that Yoochun’s just joking and so he decided to play along.  

 

“Oh sorry…wrong number…”

 

“Yah Jung Junsu~!”

 

Junsu responded to it with a cackle of laughter and his unique laughter was so contagious that it’s impossible for Yoochun not to join in.

 

“Thanks for the number…but I’m not lost…” Junsu said through the phone as soon as he finally calmed down.

 

“W-what?”

 

“I came here on purpose…I’m wondering if you would like to have lunch with me? Hyung’s having lunch with client and it’s really lonely to eat alone…”

 

If he couldn’t see his face at that time, Yoochun would have thought that Junsu’s actually asking him out on a date but because he could, he saw the glimpse of sadness in his eyes when he uttered it.

 

“I would like to but not for today…I have an appointment, Junsu-ah…”

 

“Oh really?” Slowly, with a gloomy face, Junsu lowered down his hand and ended the call without looking at the screen directly.

 

“We’re going to open up another branch at Illsan in a month…so I was asked to try the new recipe they invented…they’re expecting me to come and they’ve prepared a lot…it’s not nice to cancel it at the last minute…but if you don’t mind…”

 

“…would you like to join me? You’re after all an expert when it comes to food…”

 

“Seriously?!” Junsu couldn’t contain his happiness and squealed in excitement. He clapped like a seal when Yoochun affirmed it with a nod.

 

“But am I allowed to be there? I mean…it’s still business matter…”

 

“It’s fine…I’d just tell them that you’re my boyfriend…” It was never meant to be anything other than jokes. He said it to lighten up the mood, to cheer up Junsu. In fact, he’s expecting some argument from Junsu; a disagreement perhaps. But to hear him saying ‘okay’?

 

“Okay…”

 

“What? You’re really okay with it?”

 

“I know it’s just a joke…but I’m touched… no one ever introduced me as their boyfriend before…it feels so good to hear it…”

 

Yoochun glanced at Junsu and stopped on his track. With both of his hands in his pockets, Junsu continued walking as the smile spread warm on his face. That day, he saw another side of Junsu that he never thought he would discover – a side that he wished he could explore further.

 

“Junsu…”

 

He then adjusted his stride so that he walked beside Junsu, took Junsu off guard when he suddenly grabbed Junsu’s arm and pulled his hand out of the pocket. Staring at Yoochun with a clueless face, he watched as Yoochun intertwined their fingers together.

 

Yoochun was thankful that Junsu wasn’t asking him why he did that because he didn’t think he has the answer for that. He just felt like to hold Junsu’s hand as they’re walking to the parking lot.

 

Or maybe he’s just simply charmed by Junsu that it’s not easy for him to admit that. Whatever that is, the interest and the attraction were there and it doesn’t need a long time for it to evolve and bloom as love.

*Flashback End

 

“We became official around a month after that? It’s during my birthday…he gave me this…” Junsu pulled the necklace out of his pajama and showed Jaejoong what’s written on the back of his Dolphin pendant.

 

~Loving you eternally~

Micky Yoochun

 

“Waaah~~~ it’s so romantic~~~”

 

“He is, right…well…if you would excuse me, I’d like to call my boyfriend, telling him how much I love him…” Junsu climbed out of the bed and kissed Jaejoong’s belly first before he heads out.

 

“Yes…tell him how you really love when he feeds you like a pig…” Yunho sneered while making faces.

 

“You jealous ahjusshi…” Junsu countered and stuck his tongue out at his hyung.

 

“Good night my dearest hyung-deul~!” Junsu flew them the kisses and walked out of the bedroom with a wide grin.

 

***************************************************************

 

Preview for the next chapter: “It’s the Baby”

Jaejoong drives Yunho mad when he started to blame the baby for everything.

 

***

 

Jaejoong: *sigh* I’m so jealous of them…

Yunho snatched his phone from the bed side table in an immense speed, just like he’s competing in a tournament and began dialing one number.

Jaejoong: *frowning* Who are you calling right at this hour?

Yunho: Hello…Yoochun-ah…what are you doing right now?

Yoochun: Watching TV at my living room…why?

Yunho: Alone? All by yourself?

Yoochun: You know I’m living alone…ah wait~ there’s an incoming call…

Yunho: WAIT! I need to tell you something important…

Yoochun: *sigh* What is it?

Yunho: I’m cuddling with Jaejoong right now…we’re getting ready to sleep.

Yoochun: What the-? What’s your point exactly, Jung Yunho?!

Then they heard the stomping sound approaching their room from the hallway and Junsu stormed into their room soon afterwards.

Yunho: Nothing…just want to piss off Junsu…*laughed maniacally*

Junsu: YUNHO HYUNG!!! I WANT TO TALK TO MY BOYFRIEND SO HUNG UP NOW!!!

 

~Stay tuned for the next chapter~ ^^

 

***************************************************************

A/N: Sorry if it's bit too long...hope I'm not making your bored... Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks.