"3rd Person?"

ღ Love at First Lie ღ

Part 10: 3rd Person?

 

 

Leaning his back against the chair, Yunho placed both of his hands behind his neck, his face staring up blankly on the ceiling. He couldn’t seem to fix his attention on his works, letting his mind wandering at some other place. Dispirited and unfocused at work place, it doesn’t sound like him at all.

 

Sighing softly, he reached out for a photo frame on his desk. It’s the picture of them kissing – the one Jaejoong personally snapped. That’s the only thing that can ease his heart.

 

“Maybe it’s not a wise decision to appoint him as the Project Manager…” He pressed his lips together, swallowing a grunt and rose to his feet. Pushing the chair backward, he got out from behind the desk and padded across the room straight to the door.

 

“Jung Yunho-shi…” A new assistant greeted him as soon as he walked out of the office. Min Hyo Rin – Jaejoong personally chose her out of all candidates to replace his position. And what makes her qualified? She’s 5 years older than him, married with kids.

 

“I’m going out, not so sure when I’ll be back. Call me only when it’s urgent…”

 

“Yes, Jung Yunho-shi…”

 

Yunho jammed both of his hands into his pocket and headed to the elevator.

 

“Why did he bother to go that far, hiring a new assistant for me?” He muttered under his breath and stepped into the elevator.

 

“I’m Junsu’s PA at the first place and it’s really impossible to work for both of you…Jeju project is also a project Junsu supposed to handle and now that I’m a Project Manager, both of us will be spending most our times there… without me, you need someone new to help you here…”

 

He had to admit that Jaejoong got a point but…

 

“I miss you…” Yunho blurted like Jaejoong was standing right in front of him. He blew out a breath, laughing mentally at himself. He wondered where did he leave his sanity at.

 

It’s been a week after their vacation at Jeju and he thought that they finally have some improvement in their relationship. He even came up with some ideas to persuade Jaejoong to move in with him, never really thought that it will turn out that way. It worst than before. Their quality times together was lessened to a very minimal days.

 

He shifted his gaze to the screen and saw that he’s already reached the Ground Floor. He waited until the steel door slid open before he stepped out. Everyone started to greet him whenever they see him.

 

“Aahh~ I’ve already missed Jaejoong-shi…it’s almost a week he’s at Jeju…”

 

“Yeah…you’re right…just seeing him, I feel energized…but now that he’s rarely here, my days are nothing but empty and gloomy…”

 

Yunho’s ears twitched when he overheard the conversation from a group of young women.

 

“Its pity that he’s married, and if not I’d definitely try my luck with him…”

 

“Not just you…I think, most of the girls were thinking the same thing…”

 

“But wait…do you guys knows who he’s married to? I don’t think he ever talked about it…”

 

“You’re right…but is it that necessary to know who? It’s obviously our lawyer, Shim Changmin-shi…I mean, he’s the one that sending and picking up Jaejoong-shi everyday, right?? And they also live together…”

 

“You got it right…there’s this one time, I saw Shim Changmin-shi kissed Jaejoong’s shi’s cheek before he got out from the car…it’s so sweet, don’t you think…”

 

“Kyaa~!”

 

Yunho curled his hand into fist, refraining himself from letting out his frustration and anger to someone’s innocent. He clenched his hands so tight that his knuckles turned white.

 

Kiss?

 

‘Shim Changmin! Do you wish to die that badly?!’ the jealousy kicked in, his anger tightly in check.

 

*************************

 

“What is this? You guys got married like what; 2 months? And now you’re having marriage blues already?” A subtle grin perked at the end of Yoochun’s smile. It was amused to his ears and definitely a new thing to him, to sense the hint of jealousy in Yunho’s cool tone.

 

Yunho rolled his eyes as he’s twirling the spaghetti around his fork and shoved it into his mouth.

 

“Well…you can’t really blame them…they see what they see…and it’s a fact that you can’t deny…it’s the truth, Jaejoong’s living with Changmin. And from what I see, you can’t really blame Changmin too…if not because of him; I don’t think you two would be where you are now…”

 

Swallowed it down his throat after several munches, Yunho’s gaze averted back to Yoochun. Instead of saying anything, he continued eating his spaghetti.

 

“Why don’t you ask him to live with you?”

 

“I want to…but I don’t think he would agree…”

 

“How did you know when you don’t even try yet?” Yoochun asked calmly, scooping the last bite of the meringue pie.

 

Yunho pushed his plate away, wiping him mouth with the napkin then looked him straight in the eye.

 

“Because he said once before, that we’re not going to live together…the last time he stepped into my house, he didn’t seem so happy to be there and was so eager to leave…like my house is a living hell to him…”

 

“Maybe he’s not ready yet…living under the same roof with you is like announcing to the world that you are together…marrying a famous business tycoon is a huge commitment for someone who doesn’t after fame and attention like him…”

 

Yunho breathed out a sigh. He reached for the glass of apple juice next to the plate and drink. He’s aware of that and it’s not like he can’t wait for him. He will wait until Jaejoong’s ready to commit fully. At first he thought, letting everyone know about Jaejoong’s relationship status would save them all the trouble. Who would have known something else would pop up.

 

He knows Jaejoong and Changmin would never involve in any kind of relationship other than being best friend and housemates. He trusts both of them with his life. But he neither has any control to stop his jealousy from spreading too. And those rumors were like the fuel that firing up his jealousy, turning him into a ticking bomb.

 

He loves Jaejoong too much to lose him. What should he do, then? It’s not like he can wait for some miracle to just swing by. If it’s just based on his sole decision, he would have announced about their relationship already. The only thing that’s connecting them right now is probably their job.  But right now, even their job became the reason why they have to be parted.

 

Argghh~! The more he thinks about it, the more it gets tangled!

 

*************************

 

Jaejoong threw himself on the couch; exhausted. Lying there like that, he thought he could just fall asleep and wakes up only when the sun rises up again. But he couldn’t and he wouldn’t – because he was so hungry. His stomach’s growling, begging to be fed and even sleeping won’t do much of a help.

 

He pulled himself into a sitting position and arched his neck to check on Junsu’s condition. Junsu didn’t look any better than him – he’s sitting on the chair, hooking up his chin on the desk like a child who didn’t eat for a week. It looks like he will about to raise a white flag in any minute.

 

Ever since they started out with the Jeju project, both of them were running all over the places, trying to accomplish things in such a short notice – the interviews, the meetings with clients, the investors as well as the shareholders. It’s not just that, they had to step down on the site monitoring the progress, making sure that everything is executed accordingly to what they have planned prior to the deadlines.

 

He knew when he first decided to manage the project that it’s not going to be easy. It’s a huge responsibility, they were depressed and restless.

 

And it’s hot!

 

“Junsu-ah…” Jaejoong made his way to Junsu’s desk.

 

“Hmmm?” Junsu glanced up to Jaejoong; remain still in the same position.

 

“Are you hungry? Let’s request for a delivery, shall we?”

 

Junsu bolted up, finally giving him a response. He nodded eagerly, his eyes glistening. Jaejoong smiled. He grabbed the phone and started to dial a specific number.

 

“Order whatever you want to eat...you don’t have to pay for it…” Jaejoong handed him the phone.

 

“Really~?!” Junsu squealed, practically snatched the phone from him and pressed it against his ear, impatiently waiting for the other line to pick it up. The voice sounded after a ‘click’ and he quickly read out the list of foods he wanted – lots of them. He only hanged it up after he ran out of things he could think of.

 

“Wait-” The line broke off when he hanged up. Junsu didn’t say anything for a moment, falling in deep silence.

 

“I thought I recognized that voice…” He said while drumming his fingers on the table.

 

Laughter bubbled up inside Jaejoong; obviously know who Junsu is referring to. He in breath, suppressing the laughter from coming out and acted like nothing’s wrong.

 

“Wait Junsu-ah…you forgot to order the drinks…”

 

*************************

 

“Wait-”

 

Yunho stared at his phone screen in disbelief after he realized that it was cut off.

 

“What’s wrong?” Yoochun asked as he’s putting down the glass back on the table.

 

“It’s Junsu…he called me requesting for the delivery…”

 

He was about to call him back when he saw the screen of his phone lightened up again, signaling an incoming call.

 

“Oh wait…he’s calling again…”

 

Yunho ran his finger on the screen and brought it to his ear.

 

“It’s me again…Jung Junsu from YJ Group…you see, I’ve forgot to order the drinks…we want-”

 

“Junsu-ah! It’s me, your hyung…”

 

Yunho immediately cut him off. Silence hovered on the line for a long moment and this time it’s definitely not because Junsu just hang up on him; which he was certain about it by the tootling sound of Junsu’s breathing. He’s still there, probably rechecking the number he just dialed.

 

“Oh hi Yunho hyung~”

 

“…and bye…” and the line went dead after a split second. Yunho pursed his lips and bit back the sigh of frustration.

 

“Junsu just being…Junsu…he’s probably dialed the wrong number…”

 

A light chuckle escaped from Yoochun’s lips. It’s not something new to him. When it comes to Junsu, everything is possible.

 

Just then Junsu rang him again.

 

“What now?” Yunho rolled his eyes and answered the call.

 

“Yunho hyung, I forgot something…Mocha Frappuchino for Jae hyung and Lemon Tea for me…”

 

“Like I said, I’m your hyung, Jung Junsu…and it’s not like I’m running some delivery service here…why did you call me?”

 

“Just feel like to…maybe because we thought you’d be faster than them…”

 

“Seriously?!” Yunho restrained himself from shouting.

 

“We’re dead serious…we’re starving~! Well; we’ll be dead for real if you don’t stop wasting your time asking me like this…you should move fast, hyung~…”

 

“You’re not being serious asking me to send those to Jeju, aren’t you?”

 

“Who asked you to deliver them to Jeju when we’re at YJ Group? At Seoul?”

 

Yunho quickly rose up to his feet when he heard that. His eyes sparkled.

 

“Here? In Seoul? Jaejoongie too?”

 

“Yes…we’re waiting in my office…”

 

*************************

 

Hauling in two large sizes of plastic bags in his hands, Yunho was able to walk into the office with a little assist from Min Hyo Rin who kindly holds the door for him. The sweats trickled down from Yunho’s forehead as he dropped them down on the coffee table. In Jaejoong’s eyes, Yunho look nothing different than the man who just finished doing some weightlifting. He grinned.

 

Yoochun appeared not long after that, holding onto the drinks gingerly in his hands. Unlike Yunho, he just leisurely walked in.

 

“Yeah~! The foods are here~!!” Junsu announced, jumping down from the couch. He knelt down in front of the table and his index finger moved as he started to count them one by one.

 

“What is this?!!! These are not what I ordered just now hyung~!!!” Junsu whined.

 

“Like I would remember all of that!” Yunho’s gaze shifted to Jaejoong.

 

“Most of them are your favorite foods…” He told Jaejoong with a low deep tone. Jaejoong smiled and mouthed ‘thanks’ to him.

 

“Ahh I don’t care…I’m starving I could just eat everything in front of me now…” Junsu pulled out the sushi container from the plastic bag and detached the chopstick into two, ready to dig in.

 

“Ah, before I forgot…lend me your wallet…”

 

Jaejoong gazed at Yunho’s extended hand and then back to him.

 

“What for? You’re not asking me to pay for the foods, right? Because I’m not paying!” Jaejoong tightened the grip around his wallet and brought it to his chest, not willing to hand it without further explanation. Yunho rolled his eyes.

 

“Of course not…I want to give you something…” He motioned it with his hand, asking for the wallet. Jaejoong’s eyes sparkled when he heard it.

 

“What? Is it the end of month already? My paycheck? Or maybe a bonus?” Opening his eyes even bigger, he flapped his eyelashes as he’s throwing random guesses.

 

“Aish…the more you stay with Junsu, the more you sound like him…”

 

 “Yah~!!! What’s that supposed to mean?” Junsu yelled with his mouth full.

 

“Nothing Junsu-ah…your hyung just saying that you’re too cute and irresistible…” Yoochun interjected and sent a meaningful smile to Yunho.

 

Jaejoong puffed up his cheek and carefully placed his wallet on Yunho’s palm. He opened up Jaejoong’s wallet and inserted a mini size picture of them kissing in the compartment.

 

“I have one in my wallet too…and another one in the frame on my desk…” he said as he handed it back to Jaejoong. Jaejoong didn’t get what Yunho’s talking about until he saw the picture. His eyes widened.

 

“You what?! What if someone saw it?”

 

“It’s too late for you to regret…if you try to take it down, I’ll print this out into a huge banner and hang it on the entrance of our building…”

 

Jaejoong’s jaw dropped. It’s not like he hated it. He loves the picture so much and he snapped it with a full knowledge that Yunho would at least do something like that. Keeping it in their wallets are fine but putting it on the office desk is equal with a risk for others to discover it. He’s just not ready to face the world and embrace his title as Yunho’s lawfully wedded partner, just not yet.

 

He however doesn’t think that Yunho’s joking about it. He sounded so determined to do it that it left Jaejoong with no choice. He took one deep calming breath and exhaled it.

 

“Suit yourself…”

 

Yunho smiled in victory.

 

“By the way…when did you arrive?” a sudden change of topic drew their attention to Yoochun.

 

“2 hours ago, I think…” Junsu answered it for them, didn’t bother to look at him directly as he was so engrossed in eating.

 

“So, how long are you going to stay here?”

 

“I don’t know about Junsu, but I’m going back there in two days…I came back here because of Junsu…he missed Yoochun so much…” Jaejoong said while looking at Yoochun.

 

“Well…I don’t know about that…it looks like he miss the foods more than he miss me…” Yoochun feigned a grimace and clutched onto his chest like it’s really hurts him. Junsu finished his last piece of sushi and then crawled to Yoochun, awarded him a kiss on his lips.

 

“Of course I miss you…I miss you so much…”

 

Yunho who’s been witnessing the sweet scene before him changed his gaze to Jaejoong next to him. He wondered if Jaejoong shared the same feeling like him or was it just him who missed him like crazy.

 

Now they’re back to Seoul, is like they’re back to their previous situation. He was scared to express his feeling to Jaejoong publicly; scared that he might be rejected. He sighed softly, pitying himself for the lack of romance in his life. He’s married to Jaejoong but Changmin earned the privilege to spend his time with him. He almost couldn’t believe himself for envying his best friend and his little dongsaeng for that matter.

 

Jaejoong stole a glance at Yunho when he heard a sigh slipped out from his mouth.

 

*************************

 

Yunho sneaked a peek at Jaejoong who’s sitting on the passenger seat next to him. Ever since the car hit the road 15 minutes ago, they’re not saying much. Awkwardness is what people would describe the situation they’re currently in. Based on that alone, people couldn’t tell that they’re sharing more than just a ‘employer-employee’ relationship.

 

Stealing another glance at the latter, Yunho’s brain operating like a maniac, thinking of an excuse to persuade Jaejoong to live with him or at least to stay with him before he head back to Jeju. That’s the only chance they could spend their times together.

 

“Are you mad about the picture?” Yunho suddenly brought it up to attract Jaejoong. Jaejoong shifted his gaze from the road ahead to him. He shook his head.

 

“I like the picture…more like I love it…I just don’t really like the idea of putting it on display…since I’m not the only one’s working for both of you now…there’s Min Hyo Rin-shi…” Jaejoong deliberately explained the reason behind his disapproval.

 

“I’ll take it down tomorrow…” Yunho said after giving it a thought.

 

“No…you don’t have to…on second thought, it’s probably the best idea to keep away those who intend to steal you from me...”

 

Yunho arched his brow and glanced at him; questioning what Jaejoong’s just said.

 

“Now that I rarely stay at the office, that picture can act like an assurance…” Jaejoong asserted.

 

“Wow…I’m flattered…”

 

“…and frightened at the same time…never know you’re the possessive type…” He gave him a shaky smile. But Jaejoong didn’t smile back.

 

“I know what’s going on inside your mind…”

 

The serious tone of Jaejoong’s voice washed away the smile from Yunho’s face.

 

“Yoochun told me about the rumor…”

 

“T-that’s wonderful…” Yunho swallowed hard. Great, he was defeated even before he could present his argument.

 

“To tell you the truth…I don’t really care about the rumor…as long as you and I know what’s real…”

 

Yunho nodded stiffly.

 

“I married you out of love…I love you now as much as I love you then…maybe more…I know what you want and I have a vague idea as to what you’re thinking at the back of your head…just…”

 

Jaejoong placed his hand above Yunho’s firm one. Yunho turned his hand around, wrapping their hands together.

 

“…just give me some times…I’m still learning to adapt with all of this…with your lifestyle…”

 

The car slowed down as they reached at Jaejoong’s neighborhood. He changed the gear into ‘park’ and looked straight into Jaejoong’s eyes.

 

“I love you…that’s all you need to know…” Jaejoong ran his hand to caress Yunho’s cheek gently and sealed their lips together for a brief moment.

 

“I love you…” Yunho whispered and leaned for another kiss.

 

“I know…” Jaejoong returned him with a warmhearted smile.

 

Yunho’s spirit’s lifted.

 

He then unbuckled the seatbelt and exited from the car. Waving his hand to Yunho, he advanced closer to the gate. As he got closer to the gate while reaching out for the keys, he thought that the weather was a bit hotter that day. Maybe even hotter than the site at Jeju? It’s like the sun stung him straight to his flesh and bones. He just got out from the car fully equipped with the air-conditioner and he’s assured that it’s working properly, but he’s sweating like a pig.

 

Wiping off the sweat from the back of his hand, Jaejoong brought the key to the slot when he felt like the ground’s shaking underneath his feet. No, it’s not the ground. It’s him?

 

And the last thing he remembered was the sound of Yunho’s screaming before he collapsed.

 

“JAEJOONG-AH!!!”

 

Yunho hit the road running, his heart drumming hysterically as he knelt down next to the unconscious Jaejoong.

 

“Jaejoong-ah! Wake up!” He shook Jaejoong’s body and when he received no response from him, he carried him back into his car.

 

*************************

 

Jaejoong had barely revived from his faint when they were welcomed with shocking news.

 

“W-what?!”

 

“It’s impossible, right…?!” both of Yunho and Jaejoong laughed shakily while looking at each other.

 

“I mean...it just happened that one night…and we’re not…after that…we…”

 

“It’s just that one night…it’s a….errmm…” Yunho’s stammering that Jaejoong had to fill in for him.

 

The doctor raised his one brow, waiting for them to continue.

 

“…2 months ago…” Jaejoong stated weakly.

 

“That’s right…like I said, you’re two months pregnant…congratulation…” the doctor said, ended it with a bright smile.

 

“Oh my…” He paled. Hit with a sudden attack of nerve, Jaejoong hyperventilated – throwing them in chaos.

 

***************************************************************

 

Preview for the next chapter: “A Back-up Plan?”

 

Jaejoong doesn’t seem so happy with the news. He’s still in the middle of coping with his new life and now he had to deal with another life inside him? Jaejoong was beyond scared. His mind went blank. His future was about to change. He didn’t plan for any of this. Does he have any back-up plan?

 

All he has now is Yunho for him to depend on.

 

***

 

Changmin : *patted Yunho’s back* Congratulation dude or should I say soon-to-be dad?

 

Yoochun : This is a great news…we should celebrate this…shall we invite all from YJ Group for a party? *thinking pose*

 

Junsu: Of course we should, Chunnie-ah…I want all of them to know that I’m about to be uncle…aww~ I can’t wait to play with them.

 

Yoochun: Them?

 

Changmin: You want twins, Junsu-ah?

 

Junsu: Twins…or better triplet…ahh I can’t really decide…I want lots of them~! *spread his arms wide*

 

Yunho: *mumbling incoherently* soon-to-be dad? Invite all YJ Group’s members for a party? Twins? Triplet? Oh God…Jaejoong would kill me…*panicked*

 

Changmin/Yoochun: Yunho-ah?

 

Yunho: Move away, move away…I can’t breathe…*staggered to the counter*

 

Nurse, I can’t breathe…I think I’m gonna faint…help me please…

 

Jaejoong: *pulled Yunho’s ear* I’m the one who should be panic, not you!

 

~Stay tuned for the next chapter~ ^^

 

***************************************************************

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks.